Help! from the 70's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ake830
Someone please help me out. I remember watching a movie as a kid (I am 32 years old) about a family who inhabited a house for the "season" while agreeing to take care of the woman in the attic. You never saw the woman upstairs. There was a terrible storm, tree falls on the hood of the station wagon while the son screams, "Just go, Daddy!". But the Dad goes upstairs and next thing you know, his wife had turned into an old woman. Then the outside of the house is revived. It ends with two old women looking at a picture of the house and commenting on how lovely and enticing it is. I'm starting to wonder if "The Skeleton Key" is some kind of remake, but I can't remember the name of the original movie. Can anyone help? PLEASE???

Evil Dead
sounds very, very, very familiar......................I'm positive I've seen the movie. I'll think on it.........

MildPossession
Burnt Offerings? that's all i got.

Dagons Blade
Burnt Offerings it is.

The father also crashed thru the window of the station wagon as well and the kid was there screaming as his father's head was stuck in the window of the car. Karen Black was the mom, and British legend Oliver Reed "The Werewolf" was the dad. The kid was Lee Montgomery, who played the little boy in "Ben" the sequel to Willard, a lovely story about a boy and his rat. Michael Jackson did the theme song.

See the stuff you remember when you were a kid? Stick with old uncle Dagon and I'll try to help ya' solve the oldies smile

BackFire
question answered, closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.