The OFFICIAL funeral thread (Spoiler Alert)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordYomi13
For our dear departed Dumbledore...

DarkCanadian
Rememberance

ladygrim
sad

manny321
I am came close to tears during that. I am 16 year old boy by the way but trust me it is quite sad. I had a moving image in my head and i know it would make a kickass film.

TinkrBellBaBii
omg me too i practically started sobbing!! .. but then i remembered that it was just a book and shut myself up before anyone heard me hehe.

Tassie
*pays respects* cry

DarkCanadian
I salute you, sir.

leigh123
i was so sad i cried to me it seemed wrong to kill off one of the most trustable person in harrys life but then again everything happens for a reson..
R.I.P headmaster sad

LordYomi13
anyone wanna say a few words?

Saberstylemasta
Now, even though i didn't cry (a year in the Bronx will take the tears away from you) I was in shock as i read the death of Dumbledore.

So, *Glasses of mulled mead appear and float twoards everybody, just as dumbledore did* Let us pay our respects.

A toast, to the greatest Wizard of all time.

Director_Joe
C'mon guys it's just a book....

TheSun
Originally posted by Director_Joe
However, I believe Dumbledore can be described as an iconic literary character, and for such a character to depart is a sad occasion.

sugar&sweet
r.i.p the greatest headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen.

NightCrawler341
Yo Bumblebee (as TS once called him... I like that name... Bumblebee...) May you rest in peace.... and please say "hi" to Sirius for us.... *looks left and right.* What? I know it's a book let me have my fun!

LordYomi13
nightcrawler, whats the trio of fire?

NightCrawler341
The Fire of the Trio. xD

LordYomi13
o come on seriously.

NightCrawler341
Tsk tsk tsk. Why does it matter? It has really nothing to do with HP.

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by LordYomi13
nightcrawler, whats the trio of fire?

The Trio of Fire is obviously a Trio (consisting on myself, nightcrawler and hermionie202) of people who are pyros, or something...

And No, we arent't accepting any new members...ever.

NightCrawler341
Thus the name, Trio of Fire.

LordYomi13
Yeah i got the fact that it was a trio of fire, i just didn't know what purpose it served.

Zandra Shinto
He's made many mistakes, Dumbledore has. But he's always tried to make up for them, and prevent the same mistakes from happening. I know there have been times where I've been incredibly angry at Dumbledore, but I still favored him as a character.

Rest in Peace, Albus Dumbledore. May you watch over Harry and Hogwarts always. ^^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/ChibiKChan/Avatars/1RIP2.jpg

sailorsun004
I knew he was gonna die from the moment the book said he had the burnt hand

sailorsun004
a great character- i'll never forget you

radarman
Ok, here's an interesting thought. We talk about all the similarities between LoTR and HP. In this book they travel over the water with all the dead bodies in it...Frodo, Sam and Golem walking through the bog...Gandalf dies but returns...Hmmm. I've never seen two characters with so many parallels as Gandalf and Dumbledore. I say Dumbledore isn't all the way dead. Or perhaps he's found that he can be more effective dead.

radarman
Oh, and duh...forgot my original thought to this thread. I didn't cry at the end of the book, but I had some really lousy dreams that night. And I wasn't in the best of moods the next day.

div
i could tell tht dumbledores future was bleak as soon as i opened the book ...he didnt seem himself his charachter seemed to change and weaken through the book , i think he knew his fate...i also think that dumbledore knew what dracos mission was and i think he also knew that draco would not kill him so in an attempt he told snape when the situation arises snape must kill dumbledore to spare dracos life...i think this is what the cnoversation that dumbledore and snape had during the book

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by radarman
Ok, here's an interesting thought. We talk about all the similarities between LoTR and HP. In this book they travel over the water with all the dead bodies in it...Frodo, Sam and Golem walking through the bog...Gandalf dies but returns...Hmmm. I've never seen two characters with so many parallels as Gandalf and Dumbledore. I say Dumbledore isn't all the way dead. Or perhaps he's found that he can be more effective dead. I believe JKR doesn't base her books on other books. You will always find similarities between books.
Originally posted by div
i could tell tht dumbledores future was bleak as soon as i opened the book ...he didnt seem himself his charachter seemed to change and weaken through the book , i think he knew his fate...i also think that dumbledore knew what dracos mission was and i think he also knew that draco would not kill him so in an attempt he told snape when the situation arises snape must kill dumbledore to spare dracos life...i think this is what the cnoversation that dumbledore and snape had during the book Agree.

sailorsun004
i also agree Plus At the begining when they were talking about draco having to kill someone...I thought "It has to be dumbledor" because DD and harry are Voldemorts only big threats and Voldemort wouldn't make draco Kill harry-he wanted to-so anyway I was thinking "well, maybe Draco will wimp out and not kill Him --and he did. BUT Once those hands came together and formed an unbreakable vov-BOOM I knew it. Plus I could also tell Dumbledor would die because he was really the only adult figure left to help harry--and what has happened to all the others?
I miss him, but heck, it was gonna happen somer or later--plus i think it makes the story more dramatic and sad.

vaya_the_elf
I knew Dumbledore would die in one of the books. He is to powerful. Although I saw it coming in this book, and i kind of wish it was more of shock. Oh well.

sailorsun004
yep...but at least jkr gave him a little chance of survival...look closely and you will see it

Unicor777
" Here, we do stand, in front of the white tomb, moaning for the white wizard, the sorrow comes from our chests. We know Headmaster, you are not dead, you have only turned to a star, still blinking on us every night when your sister the moon comes out. And as Potter said: you won't be gone from here, until there are students (fans) loyal to you! And so are we. Rest in Peace Great man!"

ICHT

sailorsun004
Dumbledor was a great charcter...But I was very surprised i thought i was dreaming when I read that...I heard somewhere that dd was one of jkr favorite characters...then again she once said she wasn't sad if she had to cut off one of her favorite charcters...

div
i think lupin may play a bigger part ..they may link up because tonk is a black member and harry has the house so i dont know theyr may be a possibility there.....plus i think for definite that the locket in the house of black does have a part in the next book whether its a big or small part

Hermione202
It was so sad..........Dumbledore's death...........I didn't cry though.

APIECEOFME
Originally posted by LordYomi13
anyone wanna say a few words?
The words I would like to say to remember our beloved Dumbledore are one's in which he, so elegantly uttered himself, "nitwit, oddment, blubber, tweak" We couldn't have said it better ourselves. Rest in peace dear Dumbledore. Our teacher, our protector, our friend.

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by APIECEOFME
The words I would like to say to remember our beloved Dumbledore are one's in which he, so elegantly uttered himself, "nitwit, oddment, blubber, tweak" We couldn't have said it better ourselves. Rest in peace dear Dumbledore. Our teacher, our protector, our friend. Also like to had "and our imagination". Seriously people... just trying to keep the boundries of book and reality here.

APIECEOFME
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Also like to had "and our imagination". Seriously people... just trying to keep the boundries of book and reality here.
You knew what this thread was. Why come in here if you're just going to bash other people.

fantasygirl
Originally posted by DarkCanadian
Rememberance That is the right music for this event.

APIECEOFME
Hi Linh!!

Hermione202
You knew what this thread was. Why come in here if you're just going to bash other people.

no arguing guys , please . he wasn't bashing.

NightCrawler341
You knew what this thread was. Why come in here if you're just going to bash other people. I wasn't bashing... i'm just joking... Everyone here knows I'm not the bashing type (unless they bash me first... then its a all out bash feast... stick out tongue) I just want to make sure people can keep the line in reality... don't want people going too crazy over Bumblebee's death.

APIECEOFME
I wasn't bashing... i'm just joking... Everyone here knows I'm not the bashing type (unless they bash me first... then its a all out bash feast... stick out tongue) I just want to make sure people can keep the line in reality... don't want people going too crazy over Bumblebee's death.
I got too defensive, I'm sorry. I just came in to say something nice.

Hermione202
I wasn't bashing... i'm just joking... Everyone here knows I'm not the bashing type (unless they bash me first... then its a all out bash feast... stick out tongue) I just want to make sure people can keep the line in reality... don't want people going too crazy over Bumblebee's death.

you're definitely not the bashing type.

div
just re-reading dumbldores death to see if i could find anymore clues ...none what so ever

NightCrawler341
I got too defensive, I'm sorry. I just came in to say something nice. My fault too. I probably should have made it sound more like a joke or something... or more respectful.... one of the two.

APIECEOFME
wink Good, I'm glad that's settled, I hate to argue.

NightCrawler341
Likewise.

div
hey now wer getin along jus fine lets tok bout dd sum more

div
so any mysteries to his death??

APIECEOFME
I would love to talk about DD!

div
me too

NightCrawler341
I still think Snape told him if they time came down to it and if Snape had to do it because of the Unbreakable Vow, I think Dumbeldore told him to kill him. He seems like the kind of person to care about Snape's life more than his own.

alma negra
yea. what NC said makes sense. maybe snape HAD to do it.

APIECEOFME
I still think Snape told him if they time came down to it and if Snape had to do it because of the Unbreakable Vow, I think Dumbeldore told him to kill him. He seems like the kind of person to care about Snape's life more than his own.
This makes sense, however my mind cannot accept it. I hate Snape and can't think of him as anything but pure evil.

vaya_the_elf
Draco would not kill DD, so Snape did. Reaon why? So Draco would live ,because he was told to do. So Snape did it in hopes Draco would live.

At least thats what i think

NightCrawler341
This makes sense, however my mind cannot accept it. I hate Snape and can't think of him as anything but pure evil. You will accept it once it is down in ink in the 7th book.

APIECEOFME
You will accept it once it is down in ink in the 7th book.
You're probablly right, but until then I will continue to hate him.

Tassie
Originally posted by Director_Joe

ranting

Tassie
stick out tongue

shaber
Does anyone have a version of this done for the piano (in the treble and bass cleffs)? It's not precisely appropriate, but what the hey

MIKE OLDFIELD
"Moonlight Shadow"
The last that ever she saw him,
Carried away by a moonlight shadow.
He passed on worried and warning,
Lost in a river that Saturday night,
Far away on the other side.
He was caught in the middle of a desperate fight
And she couldn't find how to push through.

The trees that whisper in the evening,
Sing a song of sorrow and grieving,
All she saw was a silhouette of a gun,
He was shot six times by a man on the run
And she couldn't find how to push through.

I stay, I pray
See you in heaven far away.
I stay, I pray
See you in heaven one day.

Four a.m. in the morning,
I watched your vision forming,
Stars move slowly in a silvery night,
Will you come to talk to me this night,
But she couldn't find how to push through.

Caught in the middle of a hundred and five.
The night was heavy and the air was alive,

babysooner13
I cried at the end too. *all who cried get into a huddle and burst out in tears, holding eachother up as all start to fall to the ground*... Sad isn't it? i don't know why HE died. Why not Minerva. But then, it does add a twist.

NightCrawler341
Ok, seriously people. Its a book, do not cry over it... now watching it in the movie with all the said music and from Harry's point of view... that would be understandable but come on!... Come to think of it that movie wont be less than PG-13...

Saberstylemasta
Ok, seriously people. Its a book, do not cry over it... now watching it in the movie with all the said music and from Harry's point of view... that would be understandable but come on!... Come to think of it that movie wont be less than PG-13...

I disagree. I've heard foul language, seen killings, blood and gore, and nudity all in a PG-13 rated movie. Of corse the Movie was rated in 1985 but...

babysooner13
Originally posted by Saberstylemasta
I disagree. I've heard foul language, seen killings, blood and gore, and nudity all in a PG-13 rated movie. Of corse the Movie was rated in 1985 but...

LOL laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.