Arbiter bad armor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GGgrievous725
why do they give there strongest warrior a crappy suit instead of the best suit to keep them safe religion or not thats a crappy rule

SaTsuJiN
well.. its more a test of spirit than relying on technology... plus I guess the prophets are cheap asses and dont wanna spend another dime on updating gear

however.. considering arbiters go on suicide missions.. why bother giving them expensive stuff to die with?

Zen2nd
They do have the same shield that the humans stole off them and used on Master Chief. So he is not totally defenceless

DarkCanadian
Because it's the ARBITER suit, and it's the oldest. The base of the Forerunner tech that spawned the current Elite suits.

Hit_and_Miss
The suit is more of a statement of that elites fighting skills and the fact the prophets have sent the arbiter to deal with the situation.

Also the armor gives him control over all the other covenant warriors under the prophets command.

The whole covenant army fights for religious principles, and the suit is almost godlike to them

Red Superfly
Because it was to remind you just how lame the Arbiter was. I mean, he talked like Gandalf. That's very wrong. It just made you want to play as Master chief some more.

In fact, a lot of Halo 2's story mode kept making me want to do other things.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. yeah the pacing felt like episode 3... "Oh annie... I-" *cuts to next scene of a speeder chase or something mood-breaking*

Red Superfly
It was just when the plant from little Shop Of Horrors made a cameo appearnace, that was when I thought "aw to hell with this".

dAngEr_Is_gO!
Yeah when I saw the Gravemind (Little Shop of Horrors Plant) I thought "what was Bungie on when they developed this". Probably something plant related big grin
I really like the Arbiter levels. Being backed up by a squad of Elites and on the odd occasion a couple of Hunters beats the hell out of being flanked by lame Marines.

Darkstorm Zero
I suppose they did that for gameplay sake, I mean imagine running around with unlimited cloak on? a tad bit boring IMO. I do wish that the Power sword had unlimited ammo though...

I kinda liked the look of the Arbiter's armour, though the Elite's Royal Guard armour defacates all over it big grin

SaTsuJiN
I just dont like how covenant elites (especially arbiters and high guards w/ plasma swords) look exactly like protoss from starcraft

Honda_Tadakatsu
THATS WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE! I could never put my finger on it, But still, The High Red Armor, Rocked...

Arbiters armor wasn't for defense, merely a symbol, that even the most technilogically crappy armor is still good when put on an elite...

o.0 brilliant Idea... Playing, As, A, HUNTER! I"M A GENIOUS.

General Zodiac
The Covenant has different ways then we do. Every Arbiter from the first wore that armor and it was a symbol of the Arbiter. They kept the armor safe and well protected until another Arbiter was needed.

GGgrievous725
well they could keep it looking the same and ad some crap into it to make it work better its looks dot have to change if you fix a car up make it faster it doesnt have to look different right

darth-yoda
but you can put body kits on cars they could of done something to the armour its was kinda dull if the made it gole or platimun it would lok a lot cooler

SaTsuJiN
well heres hopin the power of the 360 makes the game photo realistic

Honda_Tadakatsu
How Photo-realistic is an Elite? hmm? Show me a photo of a real live, Jackal?

General Zodiac
I did not know an Elite was real. And the first time I was playing Halo 2 my mom thought it was a movie. When the Arbiter was talking to that other Elite on the phantom.

DarkCanadian
Yup, the graphics are that good eh?

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Honda_Tadakatsu
How Photo-realistic is an Elite? hmm? Show me a photo of a real live, Jackal? you can make photo realistic textures and apply them to the aliens.. if you noticed alot of these "fantasy" animals are just parts taken from the animals we have on earth.. elites look like they would have reptilian textured skin and perhaps bird eyes..

photo-realistic doesnt mean "OMG IT HAS TO HAVE EXISTED"... thats why there are creative people in the world yes

MrBones
arbiters go on suicide missions...they don't need better armor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.