Is Malak human?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AmrothSkywalker
I was watching my friend playing K0T0R for the first time and he got to the part where you find out you're Revan. And he thought Malak was wicked old because his skin is white, I said no no but then I thought maybe Malak isn't human seeing how he has really white skin and weird gray stripes on his head that no normal human would have. Anyone else notice this?

Nactous
Malak is human. Their some kind of permanent marking. Trust me, I know. Besides the Dark Side can do things to the body, for instance in KotOR, if your character is strong enough in the dark side he gets pale, and you start to see veins.

exanda kane
In KOTOR you also a cut scene with Malak before the little accident involving half his face; he is human - although possibly some brat could say he could be a near-human . . .

Captain REX
Human or near-human, close enough. Most likely human, to maintain that Empire-like resemblance that the creator's of KOTOR aimed for; Malak is KOTOR's Vader.

The Sith like tattoos, for whatever reason, and he had his jaw lopped off.

Human Vader
Yeah he most likely is human, although it's never stated. Yuthura and Uthar have those markings on Korriban too, and one of them is a Twi'lek.

Emperor Revan
Yeah. Maybe if we're lucky, in KOTOR 3 they will show us a flashback cutscene of Malak losing his jaw. Most likely it's in a fight against Revan since he still had his jaw after the Mandalorian war, and Malak at the end says: Once more we shall face each other in single combat... and the little captions when it's loading says Revan and Malak fought to determine who would be the new dark lord, Revan emerged victorious while Malak grudgingly assumed the role of apprentice.

Captain REX
Most likely.

Human Vader
I never saw that caption and I've played KOTOR quite a few times, hmmm. Anyways yeah it could be from Revan, although SS says some jeedai did it. lolz

Emperor Revan
Just checked the Star Wars databank and it said Malak is human, plus it said his injury came from a lightsaber and the only one who's strong enough to beat Malak at that time, and we know fought Malak is Revan.

I have the PC version of KOTOR, maybe it's a bit different but I know it's there or something very similar anyway.

Nactous
And he had his jaw while they were both searching for the Star Maps. That was my favorite part of the game, going to those four planets.

Tulak Hord
Hey Nac, try to answer my question at the Barn and Grill.

Emperor Revan
Uh, what proof do we have of that? He had his jaw when they discovered the first one but I don't think there's evidence that he necessarily had or didn't have his jaw when he was searching for the others.

Tulak Hord
True, they could've had a fight on Korriban or with Jolee on Kashyyyk.

Nactous
Okay, okay *Backs away slowly.* No offensive needs to be taken. Perhaps we shall find out in the comic book. He had his jaw however, when he attempted to recruit the exile, after they had fallen to the dark side. So i'm guessing the Jaw problem is relatively new.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Nactous
Okay, okay *Backs away slowly.* No offensive needs to be taken. Perhaps we shall find out in the comic book. He had his jaw however, when he attempted to recruit the exile, after they had fallen to the dark side. So i'm guessing the Jaw problem is relatively new.

I apologize if my response came off looking offensive, I wasn't trying to make you look bad in any way and was just stating what I know. Peace. cool

Anywho, when he was talking to the Exile was before they even got involved in the war and neither he nor Revan was on the dark side yet.

Tulak Hord
'Scuse me, but I've never played KOTOR II, so, who's the Jedi Exile? What's his background story?

Captain REX
Moving on, since Tulak was answered...

Nactous
No, it was the begining of the recruitment. He pictured Malak as a whole, meaning he never saw him without a jaw, and with his mantle on. I believe it took place during the Jedi Civil War.

Captain REX
*shrug*

Tulak Hord
Naw, this is how malak lost his jaw.

Malak: *Ignites his saber* Ooo...pretty...wonder what it tastes like...

Revan: I need to find better padawans...

Darth_Janus
Hm. Good observation, Emperor. I saw that load screen myself (On both console and PC) and it all clicks. Revan whupped Malak's ass previously. No wonder he had beef.

Human Vader
There's no load screen that said that. The load screen you guys are talking about said " Revan and Malak returned to the Republic changed (or something like that) Malak, being the weaker one, grudgingly assumed the role of apprentice". And plus even if they had fought to determine who was master and apprentice, that would have been before the flashback on Dantooine, which clearly shows Malak referring to Revan as "master". And he still has his jaw in the flashback. No I don't think Revan gave Malak the injury, unless they fought again before Revan was captured, which I doubt because Revan seemed to trust Malak before he fired on his ship. I doubt Revan would have been very trusting or even let Malak live if he had challenged Revan for power before that. And I'm pretty sure that whoever Malak fought that gave him the injury was killed, seeing as Malak survived.

Tulak Hord
I like my theory better stick out tongue

I AM JEDI
actually malak is Khommite a clone race they all look the same

Darth_Janus
Then how the hell did he lose his jaw commanding a star ship? Shave too close on day? It may have been a mixup by the programmers, too.

Tulak Hord
He can't be a Khommite. The only one who ever had force powers was Dorsk 81. And yeah, he did shave too close one day lol. That's better than trying to eat it. Btw, how do you get a sig pic? I'm trying, but it won't work.

Darth_Janus
Mine? It has to be a certain size, format, etc. In other words, it's damn near impossible, especially with good pictures. Try asking for a signature made by someone like I did, and then just upload it.

Talos Naga
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Naw, this is how malak lost his jaw.

Malak: *Ignites his saber* Ooo...pretty...wonder what it tastes like...

Revan: I need to find better padawans...

I'm sure it happened JUST like that...

Tulak Hord
KMC compresses too much -.-'. 450X150 is not enough. Btw, Give welcomes to my bud, Talos Naga. Him and me study Sith all the time. I told him about SS, before he fell to that darkside.

Captain REX
450x150 works just fine for me...

HimoKun
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
He can't be a Khommite. The only one who ever had force powers was Dorsk 81. And yeah, he did shave too close one day lol. That's better than trying to eat it. Btw, how do you get a sig pic? I'm trying, but it won't work.

I dound a perfect picture for mine by just searching the web for um, ya.

Nai Fohl
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Then how the hell did he lose his jaw commanding a star ship? Shave too close on day? It may have been a mixup by the programmers, too.

Malak standing in front of a mirror:
"Pff... I'm a Sith. Apprentice of the Dark Lord. OF COURSE I can shave myself with a lightsaber..."

Darth Zenemij
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Darthzenemij/NoJawMalak.jpg

Thats why he has no jaw!!!

Captain REX
Now THAT would suck...

Nactous
Originally posted by Darth Zenemij
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Darthzenemij/NoJawMalak.jpg

Thats why he has no jaw!!!

Awesome man.

Darth_Janus
Meh, he beat me to it. No fair.

darth-yoda
you seen the same thing janus

Darth_Janus
I have it on my home computer... comes from a site filled with KOTOR fan art.

darth-yoda
ok janus are you away from home i have heard alot of stuff that implys that you are i was just wondering

Fishy
www.kotorfanfic.com has it I think, has a lot of stuff like that.

And actually seeing as it doesn't contradict anything I say that thing is Cannon besides it sounds funny smile

Darth_Janus
I'm at work, actually. I don't have access to my pictures from here.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Human Vader
There's no load screen that said that. The load screen you guys are talking about said " Revan and Malak returned to the Republic changed (or something like that) Malak, being the weaker one, grudgingly assumed the role of apprentice". And plus even if they had fought to determine who was master and apprentice, that would have been before the flashback on Dantooine, which clearly shows Malak referring to Revan as "master". And he still has his jaw in the flashback. No I don't think Revan gave Malak the injury, unless they fought again before Revan was captured, which I doubt because Revan seemed to trust Malak before he fired on his ship. I doubt Revan would have been very trusting or even let Malak live if he had challenged Revan for power before that. And I'm pretty sure that whoever Malak fought that gave him the injury was killed, seeing as Malak survived.

Well it still says Malak is weaker, they probably tested it somehow. And on the Star Forge Malak clearly says: "Once more we shall face each other in single combat, and the victor will decide the fate of the galaxy." I believe they fought to see which would be dark lord, Revan cut off Malak's jaw and let him live to be his apprentice.

Human Vader
Read the post, master. Malak has his jaw in the flash back on Dantooine. Revan has his Dark Robes and Malak is calling him master. He had his jaw in tact there. And they didn't nessacarily have to fight to decide the Dark Lord. Ulic and Exar didn't. They fought yes, but it was ultimately Ragnos who decided the master and apprentice roles. Anythings possible.

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Human Vader
Read the post, master. Malak has his jaw in the flash back on Dantooine. Revan has his Dark Robes and Malak is calling him master. He had his jaw in tact there. And they didn't nessacarily have to fight to decide the Dark Lord. Ulic and Exar didn't. They fought yes, but it was ultimately Ragnos who decided the master and apprentice roles. Anythings possible.

Lord Vader, Malak didn't call Revan master in that scene, though it did look a lot like Revan was calling the shots. Even still, unless Malak is senile, then the two have fought in single combat and starwars.com says Malak lost his jaw in a lightsaber fight. Someone would have to be really tough to do that to Malak and that would probably have him beat, so I think it's possible the two fought later on because Malak might have thought he was strong enough to usurp Revan or something and Revan cut off his jaw. After that scene Malak soon became second in command of the Sith army, so he wouldn't face a whole lot of lightsaber duelists. It would also explain why Malak carries a grudge and didn't hesitate to fire on his former best friend.

I'm not saying it's true, just that I think Revan is (right now anyway) more likely than the others to have done it.

Darth_Janus
One mistake they had is Revan in his dark robes during that cutscene when they had clearly not found the Star Forge yet. The description of the robes says they were made by the Star Forge itself, and all that nice stuff.

darth-yoda
wow i just posted the same thing in the sith thread amin befor you

Darth_Janus
I am psychic like ROTJ Luke.

Fishy
One mistake they had is Revan in his dark robes during that cutscene when they had clearly not found the Star Forge yet. The description of the robes says they were made by the Star Forge itself, and all that nice stuff.

Who'se to say they weren't?

It was clear that they hadn't found the Star Forge by then but Revan could have had those robes already. He was said to have started wearing those robes and the mask during the Mandelorian wars before they even found the Star Forge. But the Star Forge could have duplicated the things and created them the next time Revan walked in. If they were created by the Star Forge and just those were created by the Star Forge then everybody would have those things because they are more powerful then normal robes.

darthrevan89

The game creators had to think of a way not to show what, Revan looked like since...well they didn't know themselves. In fact know one knows what he looked like since he can look like a number of differnt people depending on what portrait you choose.

darth-yoda
wow forum precog

Darth_Janus
Well, you're probably right, Fishy, since the Star Forge can recreate them after the council destroyed them. Alright. Fair enough.

Nactous
Originally posted by Fishy
www.kotorfanfic.com has it I think, has a lot of stuff like that.

And actually seeing as it doesn't contradict anything I say that thing is Cannon besides it sounds funny smile

Hmm.... my kind of site. I believe Malak lost his Jaw to a Jedi.

JLRTENJAC
Yes he is

Darth Infidus
Didnt Mandalore in Kotor II say that he thought master Kavar died in a fight with Malak, its entirely possible that Kavar was responsible, i mean he is a Jedi Master. He couldve had the skill to do that to Malak.

Nactous
Probably

Emperor Revan
Originally posted by Darth Infidus
Didnt Mandalore in Kotor II say that he thought master Kavar died in a fight with Malak, its entirely possible that Kavar was responsible, i mean he is a Jedi Master. He couldve had the skill to do that to Malak.

An excellent point, Kavar at that time may have been able to challenge Malak. He could've very well been responsible. On the other hand, he probably would've mentioned something about that, while Revan for instance would never have the chance to and we know they fought once before.

Fishy
They fought once before? When is this?

And Kavar lost to Malak and ran away, I doubt he would have started to run if he would have done something like that. Malak would be in to much pain to continue a good fight. Kavar still has both his arms and his eyes and his head and his legs, so why would he run from Malak if he just cut of the guy his jaw.

Darth Infidus

And Kavar lost to Malak and ran away, I doubt he would have started to run if he would have done something like that. Malak would be in to much pain to continue a good fight. Kavar still has both his arms and his eyes and his head and his legs, so why would he run from Malak if he just cut of the guy his jaw.

Well actually, if Malak was totally under the Influence of the Dark Side at their battle, he would have probably just ignored it, it wouldve been causing alot of pain, but look at Sion, he has the same problem, but with his entire body in constant pain and he still fights well.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth Infidus
Well actually, if Malak was totally under the Influence of the Dark Side at their battle, he would have probably just ignored it, it wouldve been causing alot of pain, but look at Sion, he has the same problem, but with his entire body in constant pain and he still fights well.

Sion is an extreme case.... And ignore the pain? Thats just insane man, nobody not even the greatest Dark Side force user could completely ignore the pain of something like that, although sometimes it does seem like they hardly mind.

Darth Infidus
what i meant to say was that he would have still felt the pain, but he would have been running on pure anger after that, it would have made it seem, to an observer anyways, that he simply ignored the pain.

Fishy
Maybe, but I very much doubt it. Besides losing something like that would cause more then just pain, you would have to go to a hospital and fast. Besides I think it would have been mentioned, something like that is a great achievement.

Tangible God
In response to this threads question, maybe they're Sith tattoos. Maul had them all over his body. Zabraks are red but he had black tattoos everywhere. Skim milk...I mean Malak could have done the seem thing to his head.

FistoFan
He was fighting against someone and his lower jaw got chopped off.

Darth_Janus
Way to bring up an old thread.

FistoFan
What's that supposed to mean?

Fishy
What you said has already been said a thousand times and the thread was gone it has been finished, next time try reading before replying... And don't say the exact same thing as others have already done.

Darth_Frobo
it was either Revan or Kavar maybe he cut off malaks jaw but had to flee?

Count Dooku
Originally posted by Darth_Frobo
it was either Revan or Kavar maybe he cut off malaks jaw but had to flee?

No. It was a Female Jedi but i forgot her name....

MAKASHIMAN
Originally posted by AmrothSkywalker
I was watching my friend playing K0T0R for the first time and he got to the part where you find out you're Revan. And he thought Malak was wicked old because his skin is white, I said no no but then I thought maybe Malak isn't human seeing how he has really white skin and weird gray stripes on his head that no normal human would have. Anyone else notice this?

Sith Tatoos same thing as Darth Maul.

Darth243
did anybody notice in kotor 2 when you "confronted" malak and others, that he was huge? looking about 9 ft. tall?

Zachara
YES! AIMO RULES!

Aimo's GALACTIC THEATER

Emperor Revan

On the Star Forge, Malak says to Revan: "Once again we shall face each other in single combat, and the victor will decide the fate of the galaxy. They found the first Star map after the Mandalorian war, so there's a good chance Revan was the one to cut Malak's jaw off (Star wars.com says he lost it from a lightsaber cut.) And it also makes more sense why Malak seems to hold a grudge against Revan even though they were once best friends and all.

Lord-Nihilus
Yes, revan is evil bugger, me like...

Its obvious Revan cut it off, probably because he said something about revan, and as a lesson, cut it off....

Emperor Revan
Maybe Revan just got bored and cut it off for laughs for himself and HK-47.

Insane Monk
Malak and Revan only had to find one Star Map. They found the one on Dantoeen and damaged it so you couldn't find the Star Forge with only one. That is why you had to find them all. That is what Bastila said.

Tangible God
Why'd you bring that up Monk?

Dark Exile
Originally posted by Emperor Revan
On the Star Forge, Malak says to Revan: "Once again we shall face each other in single combat, and the victor will decide the fate of the galaxy. They found the first Star map after the Mandalorian war, so there's a good chance Revan was the one to cut Malak's jaw off (Star wars.com says he lost it from a lightsaber cut.) And it also makes more sense why Malak seems to hold a grudge against Revan even though they were once best friends and all.

As much as I would like to disagree my Emperor, I believe he was referring to their encounter on the Levithan.

Fishy
No, the encounter on the leviathan was not a one on one fight.

Dark Exile
Yes, it was.

Fishy
How so? Carth and Bastila where there. They only fought alone for a few seconds.

Dark Exile
But, he was fighting him signal handedly, Carth and Bastila were in Stasis.

Tangible God
The game really warps the perspective. I was playing it on hard and I still would have whooped Malak's ass if he hadn't been such a chicken-shit and ran. You get his health down to half for Christ's sake.

FistoFan
I know this is off topic, but here's a Clone Wars version of Darth Malak:
http://yodaboys.com/malak.gif

Tangible God
Oh God, I hate Malak--the dumbass. But still-very funny.

Emperor Revan
Dark Exile does bring up a good point that I hadn't thought of. Still, Bastila did interrupt the fight, and Malak sounds like he's referring to another fight in my opinion. Hard to say. But still, not many people could've cut off Malak's jaw I would think, he beat Master Kavar and none of the others mention anything about him. Oh well, maybe KOTOR 3 will let us know.

Nactous
Originally posted by FistoFan
I know this is off topic, but here's a Clone Wars version of Darth Malak:
http://yodaboys.com/malak.gif

That is freaking awesome, that looks like a genuine pic that theyd have. That gives me false hope for a KotOR CARTOON.

overlord
That is freaking awesome, that looks like a genuine pic that theyd have. That gives me false hope for a KotOR CARTOON.

That's pretty scary, welcome back though, nactous.
sick I hate that cartoon network drawing style...

Nactous
I mean that looks reall, I am now fooled into thinking theres going to be a cartoon series on KotOR.

Nactous
I feels good to be back, I am going to make my unveiling at Queeq's soon.

FistoFan
That's not something for a KOTOR cartoon. That's just something someone drew because they wanted to. I found it on www.yodaboys.com

Nactous
I know, but i wish it was.

FistoFan
Yeah, me too! I emailed them and asked them to make a Coleman Trebor Clone Wars Drawing. They probably will send it to me!

Nactous
I'd like to see a Revan. Could you ask them that.

FistoFan
Sure, no problem.

Veneficus
I feels good to be back, I am going to make my unveiling at Queeq's soon.

Just don't do anything stupid...

Nactous
Whats that suppost to mean?

Veneficus
Whats that suppost to mean?

I'd hate to see you permantly banned.

Nactous
Well thank you.

FistoFan
Here's malak without his jaw:
http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/7/77/Malak_Jawless.jpg

Nactous
So Fisto Fan, have they made a Malak yet.

overlord
I think he's human, because if not, it would star trek like.. Humans who look a little bit different immediately pronounced: alien..

Nactous
Yep.

FistoFan
Don't you mean, Have they made a Revan yet? And, I don't know. They haven't even sent me an e-mail about the Coleman Trebor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.