The Academy Is...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Df02
i can see this imitating the My Chemical Romance thread i made...
it'll get 0replies, disappear forever, then a year down the line be invaded by kids who've only just heard of them after the massive single release.
even tho they've been about a while, they've never seemed to have been flooded with popularity like (pervertedly) they deserve

anyway, they're a quality band... yea they're kinda cheesy, and if you don't like this sorta thing (think Fallout Boy-esque) you probably won't like them - but they're quite a bit more mature sounding than Fallout Boy.

still - very upbeat and keep me entertained, i won't preach since i know they aren't the greatest band alive, but tbh i couldn't give a shit.. they entertain me well enough and that's all that counts in music at the end of the day

kier14matrix
Yeah i think their a really good band as well. Check out Hollywood Hills, checkmarks and Seasons and The Phrase That Pays, all very good songs.

SCENEXCORE
when i liked that type of music, i liked them.
i liked slow down, checkmarks, seasons and classifieds.

xLiNdS x 622x
My 3rd favorite band.

i ALMOST saw them with Panic! At the Disco, Hellogoodbye, and Acceptance on March 23. But my mom wouldnt let me. blah.

Alpha Centauri
I remember seeing this thread and thinking The Academy Is... were too shit to make it big.

How things change.

-AC

Bardock42
Holy.....Df, are you psychic.

Anyways, I don't know them...

*Georgina_A*
The Academy is...

They're pretty awesome.

papabeard
Turgid B@llocks

Ya Krunk'd Floo
They sound like Incubus, only worse.

beLIEve
I love The Academy Is... I have for a long time too! I just saw them a couple months ago for the second time...I love 'em!

SnakeEyes
I've heard a lot of their stuff now and I like them a bit.

I pretty much have the same attitude as you, Df02...

Flying High
they're supporting Fall Out Boy when i go see them...alright for a support band smile

Smallville
They are pretty good. My roommate bought their CD, and I was rather impressed. They remind me of somebody... just cant think who right now.

Df02
i am psychic

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Smallville
They are pretty good. My roommate bought their CD, and I was rather impressed. They remind me of somebody... just cant think who right now.

Probably every popular band on MTV.

-AC

TPS
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Probably every popular band on MTV.

-AC

How can they still call themselves Music Television when they don't play music? confused

The Academy Is... are fairly good for an Indie Band. Indie has kind of been growing on me lately

manorastroman
indie band? they're on atlantic.

yeah, they suck big time.

SnakeEyes
Yeah... they're definitely not Indie.

And their not the most talented band either. I would peg them as pretty average, with a few catchy tunes.

Clone
Meh, they suck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.