What would you do if you found out without a doubt their was or was not a God?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
How would it effect your life if you were an atheisit and found out a God did exisist.Or if you did belive and found out a God didn't exsisit.Remember to answer honestly when voting on the poll!

Shakyamunison
It wouldn't effect me at all:

I choose to see the cosmos as a living being. If it turned out to be just a complex system, the outcome, for me, would be the some. Complex systems act like living beings, what is the difference.

cking
then nothing would exist.

joeykangaroo
if i found out there was a god.. it would be creepy
if i found out there wasn't i would be surprised nor bothered

debbiejo
My Sister in law from Ohio, where I am right now, says......Well if would effect your life if you believed one way and then it turned out to be the other way....It would be disturbing......Oh...I don't know deb....Wouldn't it be traumatic ....being taught that way all you r life....and it's the only thing you knew....ha ha ahahahaha......wouldn't it be disturbing.....

I'm just trying to figure it out and answer the best way......I'm gonna pee my pants.....hahahahah....OH....nothing....

Rhonda's very disturbed by this question.....She says there is no correct answer....but there is....deb just asked me too fast.....

Ronda...I'm not a schizo..........

cking
if people found out it was a lie then they would rebel against the Church.

debbiejo
My Sister in law from Ohio, where I am right now, says......Well if would effect your life if you believed one way and then it turned out to be the other way....It would be disturbing......Oh...I don't know deb....Wouldn't it be traumatic ....being taught that way all you r life....and it's the only thing you knew....ha ha ahahahaha......wouldn't it be disturbing.....

I'm just trying to figure it out and answer the best way......I'm gonna pee my pants.....hahahahah....OH....nothing....

Rhonda's very disturbed by this question.....She says there is no correct answer....but there is....deb just asked me too fast.....

Ronda...I'm not a schizo..........

cking
nothing would be worth fighting for everything we knew was a lie.

mr.smiley
I used to think it would change my life greatly,but after reading the Science of Good and Evil i'm no longer sure.Michael Shermer makes the point that he would be very disturbed if people changed their lives just because no bigger being was watching them.If they where to change their life because of it,then they never where a kind person for the benifet of others,but for the own personal gain through God.After reading that i'm kind of scared of how people might change their minds if they where to find out beyond a shadow of a doubt that their was no God.

cking
it never comes down to fact, but faith.

mr.smiley
Yeah that's true too.

cking
people will try to find a different answer to what happened back then. it doesn't need facts to prove anything, what ever is written you have faith or not in it. but terrible is the person who changes it for their own good.

Atlantis001
I think it will never comes down to fact like cking said. To know something like this will not change my life in the sense I should behave differently and start to be kind or something like this, I think I try to always be prepared to whatever it comes to be. Like in a war.

RedAlertv2
It might not change my actions, becuase for the most part I believe in God,even though I am a little skeptical. But while my actions woudl remain the same, it would still be kind of mindblowing

cking
then we and the world would never exist. we humans cannot create living creatures. so you tell me if God created the universe then or did we do it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cking
then we and the world would never exist. we humans cannot create living creatures. so you tell me if God created the universe then or did we do it.

laughing out loud

RedAlertv2
theoretically, the Big Bang did it, but I wont get into the argument of science vs religion

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
theoretically, the Big Bang did it, but I wont get into the argument of science vs religion

Try this idea, there never was any beginning. The Big Bang was one of an endless number of Big Bangs. A pulsating light in the nothingness.

debbiejo
There that nothingness again....It's everywhere........

Other vibrations and dimensions too..

Bardock42
then nothing would exist.

No, you see things around here do exist (well probably) so if you find out there is no god, still everythin g would exist....just not this God Person that wasn't existant in the first place....

if people found out it was a lie then they would rebel against the Church.

What do yolu mean with Rebel....they just wouldn't go to church anymore and don't believe....what is there to Rebel against anyways......

nothing would be worth fighting for everything we knew was a lie.
Not everything...just the Bible...and what do you mean nothing would be worth fighting fore...you would still be around...if you only live and fight for go then your life isn't that meaningful anyways...
it never comes down to fact, but faith.

In Religion and Philosophy yes......

people will try to find a different answer to what happened back then. it doesn't need facts to prove anything, what ever is written you have faith or not in it. but terrible is the person who changes it for their own good.

People found answers....more factful than the Bible and most Religions ever were.......

That are not the only possibilities......Neither God (cause he doesn't exist) nor Humans cause they cant greated the Earth the Universe and other things...........stop living in a two possibility world...

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It wouldn't effect me at all:

I choose to see the cosmos as a living being. If it turned out to be just a complex system, the outcome, for me, would be the some. Complex systems act like living beings, what is the difference.

Same goes for me.

The existance of such being or non existance would make very little differance to me.

If I found a Biblical/Quranic God was without a doubt there, then I'd be worried.

cking
most people were never find him, it is based on faith not fact.

lil bitchiness
How does God expect us to pick ''the right faith'' based on sole belief. Seems like a sloppy way to run universe to me.

cking
no actually God does a very good job of running the universe. He has protected the earth from the many dangers of space that could hurt this planet. God doesn't expect anyone to pick the right faith. but if a person has faith in him then life would be better and that person's eyes would be open and the world would seem so small compared to before when it is so big. everything that the person loved will now dislike because they will know it isn't fun anymore and will know it is only temporally. The person will become humble and less arrogant and self loving. this person has now been born again spiritually, this person now has good desires to reach out to people when God has reached out to this person. despite the old desires will always be there. This person has a new heart and true happiness. This is why God loves man so much. His lovingness is unstable and his riches are so great that a person would be buried with it.

Bardock42
Oh yes, he does a really good job, because no astroid has it the Earth yet, and no Aliens atttacked us...oh and the poor bums in the street..yes maybe their life is shitty but at least no giant pigeons rip out their hearts at night.....

cking
bums want to be lazy, so they can freeload off of people, they can get a job if they want to, but They think can just get everything for free. not all are like that but some are.

Bardock42
bums want to be lazy, so they can freeload off of people, they can get a job if they want to, but They think can just get everything for free. not all are like that but some are.

Well...I won't argue aboot the first part.....but for the some that are not...how does God protect them?

Evil Dead
that is honestly the most intelligent thing I've ever seen posted in this forum. Good show Shaky..............

they are one in the same. We humans are nothing more than complex systems...........respiratory, endecorine, musclular, nervous, etc. systems all working together in cooperation to annimate this flesh we call "me"..............same for the universe........the universe is "god", it created us........yet we are a part of it.........we are god......perhaps just a tiny protein in one of it's cells but a part of it none the less.

cking
if God never existed, then who created humans? was it humans? did we created ourselves? surely a higher being would create us, something greater must. do you think barney created humans? did bush create humans?

markie
Originally posted by mr.smiley
How would it effect your life if you were an atheisit and found out a God did exisist.Or if you did belive and found out a God didn't exsisit.Remember to answer honestly when voting on the poll! I would think oh well we probably came from apes, then I'd start wondering how the apes got here.

Bardock42
if God never existed, then who created humans? was it humans? did we created ourselves? surely a higher being would create us, something greater must. do you think barney created humans? did bush create humans?

Hmm maybe coincidence....a force way more powerful than any human.... and why does something need to be created?

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo

Ronda...I'm not a schizo.......... You already said that, are you sure you're not a schixo?

markie
then we and the world would never exist. we humans cannot create living creatures. so you tell me if God created the universe then or did we do it. Why not. The athiest could say it's just as logical for us to have created ourself and forgot how to create as for god to have always existed.

markie
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Try this idea, there never was any beginning. The Big Bang was one of an endless number of Big Bangs. A pulsating light in the nothingness. What about there is no god, the big bang never happened and we're not really here, we just think we are. I don't know if the animals are here are not because we're not here to see them.

markie
if God never existed, then who created humans? was it humans? did we created ourselves? surely a higher being would create us, something greater must. do you think barney created humans? did bush create humans? Who/what created god? Couldn't we have always exisyed just as much as god has always existed. I don't believe that but it might be just as logical.

debbiejo
Originally posted by markie
You already said that, are you sure you're not a schixo?

Well....there is this part of me..... smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by markie
Who/what created god? Couldn't we have always existed just as much as god has always existed. I don't believe that but it might be just as logical.

I do not believe in a beginning or an end. So, I would say, yes to the question "Couldn't we have always existed just as much as god has always existed?".

cking
humans have not always existed. before humans, the dinosaurs existed, and before then well lets use our imagination other beings existed by God himself. maybe or maybe not I have no clue.

Bardock42
humans have not always existed. before humans, the dinosaurs existed, and before then well lets use our imagination other beings existed by God himself. maybe or maybe not I have no clue.

Yes you are right.....you have no clue.....but it is as probable that humans always existed as that a God always excisted.....

finti
since I dont believe in any god in the first place it wouldnt have affeted me at all

cking
There probably were creatures that existed before the dinosaurs, I'm talking billions and billions of years before.

Evil Dead
ofcourse there were..............Dinosaurs had to evolve from other animals.......which had to evolve from lower forms of life........

cking
dinosaurs probably did evolve from smaller creatures.

Evil Dead
probably?

I can assure you..........this planet did not go from lifelessness and in a bright flash of light, 10 ton creatures materialized out of nowhere and began roaming the planet.

xmarksthespot
My life would be affected in far more meaningful ways if I found out without a doubt there really was a Santa big grin

cking
so unrealistic to see how Santa, so big climbing down a chimney.

Bardock42
so unrealistic to see how Santa, so big climbing down a chimney.

So unrealistic to see how God, so fictional creating the Universe

cking
that is your belief.

finti
as it is with your belief

cking
yep

Bardock42
that is your belief.

You need to realize that we are in a Forum....in a religion Forum...everything anyone says here is just their belief...you so not need to state that over and over again.....and it doesn't change that my belief is right while yours is rather wrong...

TAZ663
i would keep doin the same thing that i do every day drink eat sleep and have sex

finti
yeah you wish

Evil Dead
smart man.

cking
yep

debbiejo
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall
not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his
kingdom. (Matthew 16:28)

Most Christians do not realize that Jesus' promise of his second coming did not apply to our generation or to a future generation, but only to the generation of his time. Also, Jesus said in Rev. 3:11: "Behold I come quickly..."

Those poor people of early Christianity! They thought the texts got written for them, yet Jesus never fulfilled his promise.

Two thousand years have rolled by and yet many "true" believers still await his "quick" return. As any school child knows, anyone who does not keep promises does not deserve our trust, much less our admiration.

Furthermore, to believe in a second coming and the end of the world gives no reason to feel concerned about the long-term future of Earth. Why should we care about the environment, wars, or suffering if we believe that the world will come to an end soon and that everything will get taken care of in heaven?

lil bitchiness
Because that is the easy way to think. Simple way to view things which are otherwise difficult to resolve.

Religion is one thing I cannot firgive humanity for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.