J.K's Mistake - HBP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Melani
just wondering if anyone else noticed this ..

" 'I have had it all tested for poison', he assured Harry, pouring most if the first bottle into one of Hagrid's bucket sized mugs and handing it to Hagrid. 'Had a house-elf taste every bottle after what happened to your friend Rupert.'

This is on page 454. You think she ment to put ruperts name or that she accidently put it there? laughing

babysooner13
Meant to, Slughorn called Ron Ralph once.

babysooner13
It starts with a R too.

Melani
yeah, i just think thats funny cause rupert plays ron ya know :P

babysooner13
Yeah big grin.

Saberstylemasta
Slughorn often calls ron weird names.

weegie
I noticed this the first time i read it, and it's also mentioned in another thread. But i'll still put my opinion in this thread.
Jk wouldn't put rupert instead of ron intentionally, because she knows we would speculate on it, and discuss it and we would all think its a mistake. I do not think she would write rupert, especially as rupert plays ron, and she knows this of corse. She herself sees rupert as ron, so it could be an easy mistake to make. Therefore i think it is actually a mistake.

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by weegie
I noticed this the first time i read it, and it's also mentioned in another thread. But i'll still put my opinion in this thread.
Jk wouldn't put rupert instead of ron intentionally, because she knows we would speculate on it, and discuss it and we would all think its a mistake. I do not think she would write rupert, especially as rupert plays ron, and she knows this of corse. She herself sees rupert as ron, so it could be an easy mistake to make. Therefore i think it is actually a mistake.

she also called him ralph once.

Trust me, it was intentional.

These things get edited, and spellchecked several hundred times.

and notice it's only when slughorn talks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.