Help needed !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kegs202
I would appreciate some help to point me in the right direction. I have come into possesion of over 30 original photographs taken during the filming of Star Wars episode IV. All the photos are taken in and around elstree studios. The photographer who is a friend of mine appears in a couple of them next to Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels. Really interesting stuff and he wants me to sell them for him. Trouble is I don't know where to start. The guys name is Robert M Carlyle. He didn't work on Star Wars but was invited on set by a friend of his. He has worked on other movies such as Dragonslayer and Octopussy. If it makes any difference I live in Scotland. This is a genuine post and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Jedi Priestess
How genuine can it be if you've never heard of EBAY but managed to get to KMC?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
he was actually searching for KFC to see if he can find the ingredients to the colonel's original recipe.

kegs202
I have heard of ebay coz I'm a member. What I don't know is how much these are worth. I'm simply looking for a bit help from KMC members not sarcasim.

Jedi Priestess
ROTFLMAO hysterical thanks for my laugh for the evening PVS.....time to go to work now. sad bye

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
How genuine can it be if you've never heard of EBAY but managed to get to KMC?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

She's back ladies and gents...and already ridiculing new members. We're stopping this at once, if you don't have anything to add to the thread then don't post.

kegs202
I'm genuinley looking for any suggestions from you guys. I know it sounds crazy but I thought so too when I first heard about these photos. When I went to see them I fully expected copies or something I had seen before. The guy who took them no longer does photography for a living in fact he doesn't do anything. It's a bit sad really his wife left him 11 years ago (I don't know why) and he has never got over it. His life just ground to a standstill. There are other items mainly serious collectors stuff but I have an idea of the price they sell at but I have no idea what these photos could be sold for.

ShadowKing
can you scan one in (something interesting?) and post it here? maybe someone with collectible experience will get in touch

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by PVS
he was actually searching for KFC to see if he can find the ingredients to the colonel's original recipe.

Can someone tell me how this is funny? I don't see anything funny.

kegs202
I will scan one in. I'm going to put some kind of text over it though for obvious reasons. Some instructions on how to post the pic would be helpful.

Ken Kenobi
Moving this to OT Forum.

kegs202
Here are samples. The guy between Mark and Alec is the photographer Robert M Carlyle. He can't remember who he asked to take the photo.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/kegs202/File0001.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/kegs202/File0002.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/kegs202/File0003.jpg

BAILY
Those are some sweet piccies bud... thanks for posting!

kegs202
No problem mate. I keep thinking I'm dreaming all this but I'm not.

kegs202
I said "the guy between Mark and Alec" oops should have been Anthony. I was thinking about another pic guys sorry.

kremzike
These are nice. I wish I had a clue about their value so I could help you, but I don't. What other actors or props are featured in the rest of the photos?

DeVi| D0do
Nice pics. cool

kegs202
There are shots of the millenium falcon fully and partially constructed with various people about, the landspeeder scenes, the guns inside the death star that fire at the rebels are seen on set, pics of the models of X wing and Y wing, george lucas and gary curtes, too many to list.

JKozzy
Keep them for yourself stick out tongue

kegs202
I'll take scans of them and keep them for my own personal collection. The guy has asked me as a favour to sell them for him and I wouldn't rip him off it's not my way.

JKozzy
Just curious as to why he wouldn't sell them himself?

kegs202
He knows nothing about computers or ebay or anything like that and he doesn't trust many people. He simply doesn't know there worth and is scared he gets ripped off.

PVS
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Can someone tell me how this is funny? I don't see anything funny.

yes you are correct...a completely off topic and useless post....just like yours. erm

mossman
Those pics are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them, I'm afraid.
May be a good thing, may be a bad thing.

That they are unique one-off prints makes them extremely desirable to the right SW fan, or fans of movie memorabilia in general. But - and I'm no expert - even if they were signed by one of the members of cast or crew, for example, they would not be worth rediculous amounts of money.

Your best selling point - apart form them being unique (I presume they are one-off prints), is that you know the story behind them and how they came to be taken.
If I was you, I'd try and find out as much as you can about why the guy was invited on set, why he took the pics, the details behind each particular pic etc - attach a bit of history to them.
Because, in the end, that is what gives them their value - the fact that they are of historical interest.

I dunno what kind of price you should put on them, but - like I said - it is just a matter of what someone is willing to pay.
If the right person sees them.
Deciding whether to sell them as a set or splitting them up is a gamble too.
You would think that keeping them together would make them more attractive to collectors, but the downside is the increased asking price (whatever price you decide on) is going to be a lot higher for one lot, which may put people off...

Whatever you decide to do, they are certainly nice pics...

smile

kegs202
Thanks Mossman you,ve been a great help. I do know the history behind them and will include that in whatever advert I decide upon.

BH8311
Email sent, I know some people who would be VERY interested.

kegs202
Got your email but having trouble registering. Still waiting for confirmation email 3 days later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.