Homosexuals and AIDS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sailormoon
Does anyone know why more homosexuals have AIDS than heterosexuals do? It's just a question I've wondered about for a while.

Trigun King
no clue

Wickerman
Originally posted by sailormoon
Does anyone know why more homosexuals have AIDS than heterosexuals do? It's just a question I've wondered about for a while.

Please tell me where you got the statistics from saying "More Homosexuals have AIDS than Heterosexuals"
I'm SURE it's an official statistic worldwide roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

dave123
really can't be bothered to put forward my thought... too much effort... whatever

Ushgarak
There are two main reasons which explain why in the West (outside of which reliable figures are hard to get) the AIDS rate is higher in homosexuals.

First, that their means of intimacy are at a greater risk of transmitting many sorts of STD. That's perfectly credible, buit it's nothing to do with being homosexual per se; heterosexuals who do similar things are at a similar risk.

Secondly, it is simply that the homosexual world is WAY more open and profligate in the west than the heterosexual one. Anonymous sex and multiple partners in the homosexual underworld happens a great deal. Therefore it spread far more quickly in that area.

At first, anyway. The statisitics are starting to even out.

It might also be theorised that it took longer for the homosexual world to adjust because men are less cautious than women. That's possible but I wouldn't want to put my name to it.

The AIDS epidemic in Africa represents a very different sexual morality in those cultures, so the homosexual angle- quite aside from the accurate figures not being available- is far less relevant.

Royal Knight
Originally posted by Ushgarak
There are two main reasons which explain why in the West (outside of which reliable figures are hard to get) the AIDS rate is higher in homosexuals.

First, that their means of intimacy are at a greater risk of transmitting many sorts of STD. That's perfectly credible, buit it's nothing to do with being homosexual per se; heterosexuals who do similar things are at a similar risk.

Secondly, it is simply that the homosexual world is WAY more open and profligate in the west than the heterosexual one. Anonymous sex and multiple partners in the homosexual underworld happens a great deal. Therefore it spread far more quickly in that area.

It might also be theorised that it took longer for the homosexual world to adjust because men are less cautious than women. That's possible but I wouldn't want to put my name to it.

The AIDS epidemic in Africa represents a very different sexual morality in those cultures, so the homosexual angle- quite aside from the accurate figures not being available- is far less relevant.

Well put! yes

Clovie
as Ush said..

plus it is also very much spread in the areas of little knowledge about it and between the ppl who are using drugs (needles)
also can be transmitted coz os bloodtransfusion and a lot of other things..even manicure blink

whirlysplat
The biggest area of growth is the thrird worldsad

Clovie
because they don't have money to fight it

Ushgarak
Nor the culture- that's the bigger problem. Drugs can only do so much to halt STDs.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Clovie

Intereting little known HIV fact

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2283351.stm

Clovie
Nor the culture- that's the bigger problem. Drugs can only do so much to halt STDs. good point

sailormoon

Hmmm...that makes a lot of sense. Thanks, that helped alot!

SlipknoT
because they don't have money to fight it They could Have mandatory abortions?

Clovie
Originally posted by SlipknoT
They could Have mandatory abortions? ermm.... i meant other things actually... like informing ppl how can they get it..
or making tests..so ppl with HIV virus will be more careful...and stuff like that.
i don't see how abortions would help anything.

Jackie Malfoy
I sure they do get those nasty horrible aids.JM

Clovie
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I sure they do get those nasty horrible aids.JM blink

what do you mean?

botankus
Actually, I think Jackie's post is translatable. She reads the thread title and then makes her post, so if you go by that logic, her post is easily understandable.

Clovie
i know how she posts..
but i still don't understand..
she meant she wants them to get it..or that she agrees that they're getting it confused

botankus
Agrees.

Clovie
tx for explanation

Bardock42
i know how she posts..
but i still don't understand..
she meant she wants them to get it..or that she agrees that they're getting it confused

Probably Both...cause she is a horrible person....

Oh Jackie there'S something poisonos go play with it.......

botankus
She's not horrible, she's just a little ********. Okay?

Clovie
Originally posted by Bardock42
Probably Both...cause she is a horrible person....

Oh Jackie there'S something poisonos go play with it....... but she's rather nice usually

Originally posted by botankus
She's not horrible, she's just a little ********. Okay? i wanna know what those stars mean eek! please?

botankus
Use your imagination, because that's what I'd have to do to answer your question!

Clovie
huh you don't remember or you've just put random number of stars?

Bardock42
but she's rather nice usually

i wanna know what those stars mean eek! please?

Yes right after Burning some homosexuals, Quarter some Muslims and Blame all that on the Liberals she'S a nice gal actually.......

botankus
huh you don't remember or you've just put random number of stars?

I don't hate the girl - frustration isn't hate - I just put in stars for those that do.

Clovie
ermm... i'm not reading her posts in GDF...she's really saying stuff that implies so? huh

botankus
No, she doesn't say things that could be mistaken for trying to assemble lynch mobs and executions.

Like I said, she reads the title of the thread, then a machine inside her head spits out a one sentence view (filled with bad grammar) on the issue at hand.

Bardock42
Originally posted by botankus
No, she doesn't say things that could be mistaken for trying to assemble lynch mobs and executions.

Like I said, she reads the title of the thread, then a machine inside her head spits out a one sentence view (filled with bad grammar) on the issue at hand.

True...but it usually is like Abortion is bad it goes agains god.....homosexuals I am against them....Liberals are biased...

botankus
Listen, we all know it's a experiment on Internet Psychology. That's long been established.

I think what people get angry with her about is how she performs a "sneak attack" into a GDF thread and states her sentence without:

a) Having any of the influence on the numerous posts before hers
b) Dealing with any of the repercussions of the responses to her post.

...So you have members who are frustrated because they have 10 responses to her post with no evidence that the message ever got across to her. And a few days later, there's another "sneak attack."

Clovie
ermm...she's 13 or 14...it's just a kid. and i think it's good than she's against abortion.

Bardock42
ermm...she's 13 or 14...it's just a kid. and i think it's good than she's against abortion.

Well she's an ignorant kid though.....and you think its good that such a young kid is already agains homosexuality.....like she actually thought aboot it...sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

And Botankus is right that's probablys it...oh and that she never visits a thread twice....because people could respond to her....

Clovie
*points own post* i said abortion and not homosexuality.

i noticed that too laughing out loud

Bardock42
*points own post* i said abortion and not homosexuality.

i noticed that too laughing out loud
Yes I know...so I talked aboot the other thiong she is against....and i was asking if you thought that is good too.....you see....everythings easy

Clovie
it depends is she is against it in ' i'm not like that' way, which is not a problem imo
or in the 'something bad should happen to them' way, which is bad.

Adam_PoE

I am curious as to what information you have derived this conclusion from. According to the Center for Disease Control, African American and Latino women have a higher rate of HIV infection than any other group, and heterosexual contact is the number one risk factor for HIV transmission.

Darth Jello
the article about protiens is interesting. There are also populations in remote parts of south east asia that show complete immunity to HIV. It should also be noted that Allacin, the antibiotic in garlic has been shown to kill HIV and smegma, the substance produced by the clitoris and the foreskin of the penis has also been shown to severely retard the virus

FeceMan
No, it's because they believe that having sex with a virgin will cure them.

Bardock42
Originally posted by FeceMan

I saw that show of Boston Public were they debated aboot that.....funny.....

IceWithin
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes right after Burning some homosexuals, Quarter some Muslims and Blame all that on the Liberals she'S a nice gal actually.......
omfg laughing

crap. I've been in MANYT third world countries, and I've never heard a single person say that, I think the reason why the rate is higher in third world countries is becuase as Clovie said, they dont have the money to fight it, most are very un-educated, and very care-less

Clovie
you agreed with me huh

No, it's because they believe that having sex with a virgin will cure them. It's terrible sad
you're serious? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.