No more Quidditch?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Director_Joe
Hm... In a recent interview with JKR, she revealed that the Quidditch game in the 6th book would be the last... Not too surprising...I mean, How is Harry gonna have time to play Quidditch when he's trying to kill Voldemort? Though, I have to say that I am slightly sad. Quidditch is one of my favorite additions to the book...

Here's the link to the interview from MuggleNet:

http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview2.shtml

Any (angry/happy/other) thoughts?

Bubbapilot
I think Quidditch is the best. It will be sorely missed, but JK has got to do what she has got to do.

Several times I have disagreed with where she has taken the stories, but it is after all her story and she needs to tell it her way.

On that note, with Harry off saving the world, you're right, he would have little time for sport.

manny321
I think the last one will have a lot of duels like the new star wars films. There will be a duel with Malfoy then Snape for sure and the finale with Voldermort. I also think Dumbledore will be Harry's guiding ghost. The books getting complex and very dark. The way its going the movie on the last book maybe rated R. LOL

TinkrBellBaBii
PLEASE DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT READ THE 6th BOOK!!!!
at the very end of the 6th book, didn't harry say that he may not even be at hogwarts next year and that hed spend most of his time fighting voldemort? so yeah .. that would explain why there would be no more quidditch.

Director_Joe
Well yeah...but then it wouldn't be "Year 7 at Hogwarts"... So I think he'll most likley go if it's but for a small amount of time...

NightCrawler341
Course he will go back. I got a feeling we will be seeing Gryffindor sword again and the only place he can get it is at Hogwarts. And I don't mean the swords a horcrux either. I mean as he will need it to fight. As for the topic of no more quidditch, not like it matters. Like you guys said, they will be going after Moldy Voldy. Can't really do quidditch during the time.

ladygrim
woot i hated quidditch boring

tigress
Originally posted by TinkrBellBaBii
PLEASE DONT READ THIS IF YOU HAVENT READ THE 6th BOOK!!!!
at the very end of the 6th book, didn't harry say that he may not even be at hogwarts next year and that hed spend most of his time fighting voldemort? so yeah .. that would explain why there would be no more quidditch.

totally with u on that one the interview with JK makes me think he isnt going back but who knows we will have to wait and see

GraciePoo
i serioulsy doubt that harry would go back to hogwarts. like whats the point? im just curious as to where he will stay after he has turned 17. i thnk that DEs or even voldy might attack him on his b-day, cuz thats when he is stopped being protected by love blood right? i also think that a horcruxe could be stored in his voldies snake.

DarkCanadian
*hysterical sobbing*

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by GraciePoo
i serioulsy doubt that harry would go back to hogwarts. like whats the point? im just curious as to where he will stay after he has turned 17. i thnk that DEs or even voldy might attack him on his b-day, cuz thats when he is stopped being protected by love blood right? i also think that a horcruxe could be stored in his voldies snake. You sh*tting me right... You "THINK" the horcruxe could be in his snake? Didn't Dumbledore plannly say it?!

DanZeke25
I like Quidditch.. but it was getting a little old. In book 6 with the quidditch when i was reading it i was sayin to myself "Come-on! Hurry up get this over with." becuase i wanted to see what happened with the plot.. i didnt care if Harry won or lost. I just wanted it to end.

Director_Joe
I know what you mean... Nevertheless, Quidditch was what made me like the books... I'm sad to see it go... Though... I did see a slow decline in my liking for Quidditch after Wood left...It just wasn't the same... Then it was Fred and Geroge then Alicia and Angelina... And what's worse... it seemed to me that they were letting just anyone on the team... Oh well....

oceanflame
yeah quidditch was the best in the first three books. the only reason why i like it now is becausee of ron. i always feel so bad for him when he cant save goals, but now he is doing alot better, it is a shame that he will have to stop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.