Cricket - The Ashes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
The ashes test series starts today.... just thought I'd make a thread about it... England stand a good chance against the Aussies this year.

flee the evil 1

T.M
I think that England have a better chance than what they have had for the past couple of years.

But i think that Australia will be to strong and will win the ashes.

§P0oONY
The 1st innings is a good way through now... the Australians were batted out for 190 and england are being torn apart by Glen McGrath

T.M
ur right 35-5 lol

darth_royke
can i ask what the appeal of crickit is? i'm not going to slag it off, because i know many people like it... but i've never found out why.... just curious

§P0oONY
Originally posted by darth_royke
can i ask what the appeal of crickit is? i'm not going to slag it off, because i know many people like it... but i've never found out why.... just curious

I find it quite fun to watch while doing other things.... because you don't need to watch ever ball...

alic88
well i am addicted to cricket.. ashes is gonna be 1 hell of a series

because this time england has somewhat of a team. but McGrath proving again that he is a fantastic bowler, bowling 13 overs in a row and getting 5 batsmen out. still i think aussies are too good for england

§P0oONY
Originally posted by alic88
well i am addicted to cricket.. ashes is gonna be 1 hell of a series

because this time england has somewhat of a team. but McGrath proving again that he is a fantastic bowler, bowling 13 overs in a row and getting 5 batsmen out. still i think aussies are too good for england

After the truly entertaining ODIs even though the new rules sucked I;m sceptical over the Aussies greatness

flee the evil 1
but the Aussies have always been a stronger test side then in the one-dayers.

17 wickets lost in one day. who would have seen that comin? hopefully the Aussies will settle down in their second innings and bat for a solid day at the least.

well done to Glenn McGrath joinin the 500 club.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by flee the evil 1
but the Aussies have always been a stronger test side then in the one-dayers.

17 wickets lost in one day. who would have seen that comin? hopefully the Aussies will settle down in their second innings and bat for a solid day at the least.

well done to Glenn McGrath joinin the 500 club.

Yeah that is true... McGrath was amazing day 1.

Hpefully both teams start treating this like a test series rather the ODI or even Twenty20

Bicnarok

§P0oONY

vvvrulz
Big cricket fan here, but had no idea there were others out here, lol.

Australia currently on top with a lead of over 300, three wickets in hand.

alic88
the only good england player right now is peterson.. that guy is awesome.
but australia really ripped england apart in the second innings. face it people, aussies are too good for england. even though they got off to a slow start in the natwest series, they are pretty stable now.
its a lost cause for england now, but still i have to say they have put on a good fight against the best side in the world. warne bowled fantastically today. and Lee was absolutely energetic. did any1 c that catch he took off straus

vvvrulz
Yep, that was awesome. I still think the Poms can turn it around later in the series, but this match looks pretty gone to me. With Pieterson still there, and if he gets support, who knows though.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yep, that was awesome. I still think the Poms can turn it around later in the series, but this match looks pretty gone to me. With Pieterson still there, and if he gets support, who knows though.

We've lost live 5 wickets and soon we will be into the bowlers... and we still need a large amounts of runs... I think it will be close...

Originally posted by alic88
the only good england player right now is peterson.. that guy is awesome.
but australia really ripped england apart in the second innings. face it people, aussies are too good for england. even though they got off to a slow start in the natwest series, they are pretty stable now.
its a lost cause for england now, but still i have to say they have put on a good fight against the best side in the world. warne bowled fantastically today. and Lee was absolutely energetic. did any1 c that catch he took off straus

Peterson is a bit of a risky player.. sometimes he hits out and gets himself into trouble... all be it a great batsman... he has dropped a good few catches though.

We have a good few seamer's as well... Harmisson, Hoggard.. Even Flintoff(who is a pretty good all rounder.) and Trescothick and Straus did get a tidy no. of runs for opening batsmen

Lee's catch was great.

flee the evil 1
just flicked to the SBS coverage an found out that rain has stopped the first session. even if there are only two sessions of play, the Aussies should be able to rap it up today.

do u think the english wicket keeper (sorry i forget his name) will be picked for the next test?

§P0oONY
Yeah... Geraint Jones will stay

flee the evil 1
Pieterson deffinently did enough to cement a spot in the second test. im not so sure about Gillespie for the Australian's though.

Will-one Kenobi
i think collingwood should get a place

vvvrulz
Who will he replace though? Probably Ian Bell, but he was the reason Thorpe was dropped, which still annoys me very much.

flee the evil 1
i dont get why they hav to hav so much tym between the tests. are all these county games during the series really necessary?

vvvrulz
Yeah especially since its a 5 test series.

flee the evil 1
at least the next test is FINALLY starting today. Brett Lee previewed it on the "today" show. when asked on what he thought of Shane Warnes statement that he would "give up beautiful women to bowl out the Poms, he responded:

"Mate i think thats one ill have to let go through to Adam Gilchrist!"

nikz_2
I'm a huge cricket fan and i'm hoping england will take the ASHES after what 20 years. beer

flee the evil 1
nah, england hav no hope, lol. mind u, the task will be made considerably harder for the Aussies if they cant string 2 decent innings together.

vvvrulz
No hope? Series level 1-1 buddy, lol.

alic88
great.. england win 1 match and now they're making dvd's of the match billing it as the GREATEST TEST MATCH EVER.

fini
OMG a cricket thread that lives. LOl when i used to post cricket threads no one used to post in them. WOOHOOO

vvvrulz
lol Hey I had the same problem myself, glad to hear im not alone.

flee the evil 1
it looks like Gillespi is droped for the 4th Test hopefully in favor of Shaun Tait.

Whirlysplatt
127 for 7 - 2 to win for Englandsmile means the Aussies will need a win at the Oval if we get the next 2 - and thats it England win. Its a 2:1 lead in the series smile

Deano
bores the hell outta me

flee the evil 1
the ironic thing is that even Australia only have to level the series to retain the Ashes even if they havent had as strong a series as England.

did any1 see Lee's 6? it was out of the ground!

vvvrulz
Yeah I saw that, some shot that was !

Good to see Australia's fighting spirit, never giving up until the dying moments.

Will-one Kenobi
woooooooooooooo go ENGLAND i cant belive it 2-1 with one to play there doing brill

Will-one Kenobi
collingwood soz this is out of your league

flee the evil 1
I think Australia needs to retructure their batting order. just a thought.

Will-one Kenobi
yeah no offence to them but there getting destroyed

vvvrulz
Its about time they changed it anyway, its been the same for years now.

Without Lee and Warne, they'd be getting totally owned.

flee the evil 1
yeah, well just promote Lee to opener...

i'd like to see Langer open with Clarke.

Will-one Kenobi
that would be much better entertainment

vvvrulz
Michael Hussey should be recalled I reckon.

flee the evil 1
YES! drop Hayden for Hussey!

Will-one Kenobi
i think hussey is cool go him,

vvvrulz
The Aussie bowlers are getting owned by Essex at the moment, conceding 502/4 in just over 100 overs. Shocking..

Decomposition
We must take two spinners and Shane Watson to The Oval...and some better batting would be nice...otherwise its goodnight irene

eleveninches
england 301-7

eleveninches
englnad just HAS to win this test

eleveninches
only 2 wickets left sad

eleveninches
All out for 373

Not brilliant, but not too bad either. Australia ought to equal it though.

eleveninches
Australia are over 100 with non-out

flee the evil 1
^ i remember when that used to be an everyday occurence.

eleveninches
sad

It would be a shame if the rain continued so that australia couldnt win. laughing out loud

flee the evil 1
okay, youve just gotta love the stunt Australia pulled with the sunglasses. had me in stitches for ages.

§P0oONY
**** Yeah!.. The Ashes are ours!

T.M
Congrats England yes

eleveninches
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we WON!!!!

flee the evil 1
hmm, yes, *cough* well done england.

Nah, seriously now, congrats to england they were the better team all series.

the ratings for Australia's players came out today with Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Brett Lee polling highest. Justin Langer was the pick of the batters.

this is the first time in my life that Australia hasnt had the Ashes. i have a weird feeling of discontent...

vvvrulz
It had to happen one day.

alic88
oh well so much for the ashes, England got a reality check on what it takes to be no.1

§P0oONY
Bump.... 2006/2007 Ashes begin in about 90 mins.

England are looking like major underdogs this year... Come on Monty!

Mišt
So Spoony, how are the Ashes going for you?big grin I lost track of the score, what was it?hmm

§P0oONY

vvvrulz
What a crazy mismatch that turned out to be though....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.