Silver Surfer and Thor vs. Gladiator and Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThaWhiteShadow
I think SS and Thor would win. Discuss....

long pig
You'd be right.

Thor holds superman long enough for surfer to drain Gladiator, then SS kills Superman easily.

Curbstomp for SS and Thor.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
You'd be right.

Thor holds superman long enough for surfer to drain Gladiator, then SS kills Superman easily.

Curbstomp for SS and Thor.
Surfer is the key; he can kill both Gladiator, and Superman.

Gladiator will give a good fight against Silver Surfer ( if no radiation is used) and if Gladiator is extreme confident

But Silver Surfer has been said to be more power than Gladiator , BRB , Champion etc like 3 times +.

The match up should be switch SS and Superman vs Gladiator and THor now that will be better battle

Tony Stark
Originally posted by ThaWhiteShadow

I think that Glads and Supes has a really good chance here.

I think that Gladiator if matched up with THOR would have a very good chance to take him down relatively quickly. Not immediately, but i think he has a good chance to end it quickly. With his speed alone he gets the first shot when ever he wants it. And when he takes that shot it's coming from a Gladiator who can fly at speeds rivaling those of starships, and can achieve faster than light speeds in hyperspace.

Unfortunately for our Favorite Thundergod with that speed comes power that even surpasses his own vaunted might.

Add in The fact that The Gladiator can project intense heat, possibly infrared radiation, in beams from his eyes. This heat is said to reach temperatures comparable to those produced by stars.

No weakness to magic. But is effected by some sort of radiation.

With all this said. THOR is THOR not many have nor will best him.

But Gladiator has the package that can effectively dominate THOR.

If that was to happen. Superman and Gladiator should be able to beat Silver Surfer together.

Superman in Silver Surfers grill at all times to possibly stop SS from using his power cosmic to create the radiation to use against Glads enough to effect him substantially.

Glads in and out and (sorry how this sounds) from behind with Supes in the front.

I think SS goes down too.

Gladiator and Superman win.

james2099
first of all superman has beaten thor already, gladiator has beaten thor and was beating the hulk ass until the writers got mad because superman beat hulk, gladiator has never been beaten without some bs factor involved such as sneak attack, radiation from peoples ass, lame tricks. one punch at blinding speed at full force to the head from sups or glads and thor is dead. period!! MR. surfer against supes and glads in less than 2 second, now he has two one hit killers to deal with!! it makes no different where the next planet shattering haymaker comes from, behind the side or in front, he cannot guard against both with their speed. down he goes, now i know what will be said, so to stop that this is what will be done, glads hits 100 times lightspeed against surfer, i would love to see surfer use radiation then, by that time supes has speedblitzed and hit thor in the head so hard that surfer himself hears it, now glads engages surfer for 5 seconds, opps, here comes supes with his most powerful punch to surfers head, now surfer is flying through space, but just to make sure glads flys ahead of surfer and then tells supes now let me show you my most powerful blow, surfer is then hit in the head again if he still has one!!!

Wynndar
Surfer knows Gladiator's weakness...ultimately he could beat all these guys combined...not to mention he just recently got amped to another level by Galactus and destroys planets now.

Soljer
Originally posted by Wynndar
Surfer knows Gladiator's weakness...ultimately he could beat all these guys combined...not to mention he just recently got amped to another level by Galactus and destroys planets now.

*nods*

No matter what Gladiator may be able to do to Thor (though I don't see Gladiator stomping Thor, even at full confidence), the Surfer will one-shot Superman with some Kryptonite/red sun radiation. Then, no matter the out come between Gladiator/Thor, Surfer wins. He is physically more powerful than Gladiator, not to mention he can do the very same radiation trick.

Inhuman
Surfer & Thor win

james2099
last i remember glads was kicking surfers ass with his own board, and surfer is not stronger than glads, glads even told surfer he knew about his cosmic powers, but he was not impressed by the way he showed surfer his powers, glads will stomp thor in less than 2 seconds, thor has a weapon, glads is a weapon, i know what thor can do and i also know what it would take to kill him quick, glads and supes has more than it takes to kill him, but listen to this, if you say that surfer uses radiation and kryptonite (though i know he wont get them both). you testifty against yourself that they need some lame weakness of supes and glads to have a chance to win. this is not the comicbooks, this is vs. so there will be no writers to save their asses this time, stop using weaknesses to hide behind, let them fight as i have my boys fighting!!

DickBlazer
surfer and twhor? lol.
thor doesn't even belong at the level of the other 3
thor would last 10 seconds.
then supes and gladiator would bum rush SS, and it's over

Skeets
Originally posted by DickBlazer
surfer and twhor? lol.
no expression

Inhuman
surfer and twhor? lol.

not likely. Especially the new upgraded surfer.
Plus Thor could take the slight majority or stalemate supes.

Adam Warlock
Thor's break neck speed is the key. I mean, Thor could summon hundreds of lightning bolts within milliseconds at the beginning of the match. At the same time he'll drain Superman of his solar energy. I mean Thor can do multiple things at once. I mean Superman and Gladiator would never be able to touch them.

HisMajestyAC43
umm surfer is just as fast as glads... and he knows his weakness. he wouldn't be stupid enough to engage either of these two in hand to hand. that is what thor is there for, he distracts one while surfer makes quick work of the other and then they gang up on the last one.

and thor is no slow poke either. and yes he is at their level, i agree a little outclassed, but not to the point where he shouldn't be here.

D-Block
surfer and twhor? lol.

Thoe doesn't belong are you crazy. SS and Thor wins.

golem370
Eric Masterson Thor beat Gladiator and he not the real mcCoy ether

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by golem370

Exactly. That version of Thor had speed way beyond comprehension.

golem370
When any of these super speedsters come down to face Hulk he will win eventually. Question How much did that Island weight on Superman Returns that was pretty cool

golem370
Well he hurled himself at the surface of the planetoid with his hammer but Gladiator was beating him till Thor got angry

Big Sexy
I have noticed its the noobs that don't know much about thor. Trust me, hes way more than a pretty boy with long hair which is his stereotype. Surfer has stated on panel that he knows Gladiators weakness but he chooses not to use it. This is surfer we are talking about. Next thor is more than capable of matching Superman or Glads, His avengers appearnance just make him seem like a retard with a hammer. Surfer is the key though. A battle between Thor with glads or with Supes is not going to be quick. One of them has to fight surfer and if he chooses to eploit their weakness, that match is ending before the Thor fight. I agree with KGkg a better fight would be if you put thor and surfer on opposite sides.

Adam Warlock
Thor takes this match himself.

1. He can absorb energy on all frequencies, so Superman's solar energy would be no problem.

2. The same time he's absorbing Superman's solar energy, a rain of Thunderbolts will fall from the sky and take out Gladiator and possibly Superman if he's still standing.

This all takes place within the first milliseconds of the match. Surfer is not needed here.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Thor takes this match himself.

1. He can absorb energy on all frequencies, so Superman's solar energy would be no problem.

2. The same time he's absorbing Superman's solar energy, a rain of Thunderbolts will fall from the sky and take out Gladiator and possibly Superman if he's still standing.

This all takes place within the first milliseconds of the match. Surfer is not needed here. I try to be objective. I believe thor can take either but thor is not known for fighting to his true potential, hell look at the reigning. Thor has a lot of potential in his classic form. A better fight with be to switch the sides of thor and surfer.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor and Silver Surfer would make short work of Supes and Glads. Cosmic Might and Godly Magical Might is too much for Super Speed and Muscles.

Broly92
Thor and Surfer 7-8/10

batdude123
Superman takes Thor. His raw speed advantage trumps Thor raw speed advantage. Sorry. Thor wouldn't have time to use his more exotic powers before Superman owns him.

Silver Surfer makes Gladiator his b*tch.

Then SS beats Superman.

Thor and SS win 8/10.

james2099
here we go again, thor did this thor did that surfer does this surfer does that, when will people learn............. there is no way in hell thor hangs around for more than 5 seconds, everytime gladiater kicks thor ass what does glads do? lets see how the writers saves his ass........... gladiator beats wondermans ass then what does he do? he stands there smiling, here comes thor, glads whoops his ass then what does he do? stands there and smile, hulk attacks glads in another fight, glads knocks the hell out of him and what does he do? brushes dust off himself, glads catches silver surfers board and knocks his ass on ego and what does he do? floats in space looking at surfer.... glads knocks thor ass out and this time he goes for the kill, but how does the writers save his ass? they stick in thor girl while someone drags thors ass to his hammer!! how i wished the rest of the imperial guards were there!!, ego re-powered surfer to save his ass too!! everytime glads kicks some ass his foe has help, sneak attacks or they stop glads from pressing his advantage, now when glads is down the writers have them go all out on him, he has no help around, and for that radiation thing, thats the writers way of bringing him down sometimes, but tell me THIS..... WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT SO CALLED RADIATION!!!! and why wont they let glads go all out in a fight? WHY!!! because they know he would stomp all of their MAIN SWEETHEARTS BE-HINDS, hell when he tried to take hulk into space they slowed him down to give their BABY a chance!!! but like i said, there are no writers here! no help, no BS, no nameless radiation, no thorgirl, no living lightning, no ego, no nothing!!! there will be no foolishness this time, thats why i say team supermen beats the smoke off team needs help whenever they fight the SUPERMENS. PERIOD!!!!

Big Sexy
Originally posted by james2099
here we go again, thor did this thor did that surfer does this surfer does that, when will people learn............. there is no way in hell thor hangs around for more than 5 seconds, everytime gladiater kicks thor ass what does glads do? lets see how the writers saves his ass........... gladiator beats wondermans ass then what does he do? he stands there smiling, here comes thor, glads whoops his ass then what does he do? stands there and smile, hulk attacks glads in another fight, glads knocks the hell out of him and what does he do? brushes dust off himself, glads catches silver surfers board and knocks his ass on ego and what does he do? floats in space looking at surfer.... glads knocks thor ass out and this time he goes for the kill, but how does the writers save his ass? they stick in thor girl while someone drags thors ass to his hammer!! how i wished the rest of the imperial guards were there!!, ego re-powered surfer to save his ass too!! everytime glads kicks some ass his foe has help, sneak attacks or they stop glads from pressing his advantage, now when glads is down the writers have them go all out on him, he has no help around, and for that radiation thing, thats the writers way of bringing him down sometimes, but tell me THIS..... WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT SO CALLED RADIATION!!!! and why wont they let glads go all out in a fight? WHY!!! because they know he would stomp all of their MAIN SWEETHEARTS BE-HINDS, hell when he tried to take hulk into space they slowed him down to give their BABY a chance!!! but like i said, there are no writers here! no help, no BS, no nameless radiation, no thorgirl, no living lightning, no ego, no nothing!!! there will be no foolishness this time, thats why i say team supermen beats the smoke off team needs help whenever they fight the SUPERMENS. PERIOD!!!! tell that to canonball and the hulk roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Originally posted by james2099
here we go again, thor did this thor did that surfer does this surfer does that, when will people learn............. there is no way in hell thor hangs around for more than 5 seconds, everytime gladiater kicks thor ass what does glads do? lets see how the writers saves his ass........... gladiator beats wondermans ass then what does he do? he stands there smiling, here comes thor, glads whoops his ass then what does he do? stands there and smile, hulk attacks glads in another fight, glads knocks the hell out of him and what does he do? brushes dust off himself, glads catches silver surfers board and knocks his ass on ego and what does he do? floats in space looking at surfer.... glads knocks thor ass out and this time he goes for the kill, but how does the writers save his ass? they stick in thor girl while someone drags thors ass to his hammer!! how i wished the rest of the imperial guards were there!!, ego re-powered surfer to save his ass too!! everytime glads kicks some ass his foe has help, sneak attacks or they stop glads from pressing his advantage, now when glads is down the writers have them go all out on him, he has no help around, and for that radiation thing, thats the writers way of bringing him down sometimes, but tell me THIS..... WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT SO CALLED RADIATION!!!! and why wont they let glads go all out in a fight? WHY!!! because they know he would stomp all of their MAIN SWEETHEARTS BE-HINDS, hell when he tried to take hulk into space they slowed him down to give their BABY a chance!!! but like i said, there are no writers here! no help, no BS, no nameless radiation, no thorgirl, no living lightning, no ego, no nothing!!! there will be no foolishness this time, thats why i say team supermen beats the smoke off team needs help whenever they fight the SUPERMENS. PERIOD!!!!

huh

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
tell that to canonball and the hulk roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come on. You know those were PIS. erm

Big Sexy
Originally posted by batdude123
Come on. You know those were PIS. erm I know but glads just straight owning surfer or thor without problem, I had to throw that out wink

batdude123
I know but glads just straight owning surfer or thor without problem, I had to throw that out wink

Oh I agree, but Thor imo wouldn't be beating Superman who is the SPEEDBLITZING type. However, SS is a beast...

Big Sexy
Oh I agree, but Thor imo wouldn't be beating Superman who is the SPEEDBLITZING type. However, SS is a beast... Well personally I think thor could match or take superman but I am not starting that Thor vs Superman debate that lasted like 600 pages

batdude123
Well personally I think thor could match or take superman but I am not starting that Thor vs Superman debate that lasted like 600 pages

Oh God please don't. laughing Thunderstrike and I took up like the last 50 pages of that thread. laughing out loud Anyway, I think Supes takes him, Glads loses to SS, and then SS beats Superman.

Inhuman
Already stated that no way new surfer goes down.
Plus add Thor who is real underated here for some reason erm
Gladiator is a beast, but new surfer could make short work of him.

batdude123
Originally posted by Inhuman
Already stated that no way new surfer goes down.
Plus add Thor who is real underated here for some reason erm
Gladiator is a beast, but new surfer could make short work of him.

I never underestimate Thor's raw power potential. But when you throw in the mix a much MUCH faster person with superior reflexes and who is himself a powerful person, then Thor wouldn't get a chance to use his more exotic powers. erm Thor would succumb to the SPEEDBLITZ. AHHHHHHH!!!! fear But if Superman would just go to brawl with Thor, and not use his speed, then Thor would own him.

Inhuman
I never underestimate Thor's raw power potential. But when you throw in the mix a much MUCH faster person with superior reflexes and who is himself a powerful person, then Thor wouldn't get a chance to use his more exotic powers. erm Thor would succumb to the SPEEDBLITZ. AHHHHHHH!!!! fear But if Superman would just go to brawl with Thor, and not use his speed, then Thor would own him.

Wasnt really pointing you out specifically smile
But james2099 stated no writers BS, so that means Thors exotic powers and surfer knowing glads weakness and using it. cool

batdude123
Originally posted by Inhuman
Wasnt really pointing you out specifically smile
But james2099 stated no writers BS, so that means Thors exotic powers and surfer knowing glads weakness and using it. cool

I agree that Thor and SS would take the majority. Mainly because of Silver Surfer.

MJOILNIR
Thor and SS for the vast majority, 7-8/10. I think the best possible senerio is Thor/Glads then SS/ Supes. Thor has already punked Glads and he admitted it. SS has even more versatility than Super "Jobber aura" Man.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by ThaWhiteShadow

Looking at all of Marvel history:

Thor > Surfer > Gladiator

Gladiator = Superman

Therefore

Thor & Surfer win.

JOE NUNEZ
Surfer would beat Superman, while Thor beats Gladiator... This is pretty much overkill.....

JOE NUNEZ
By the way nice sig inhuman... cool

kgkg
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Surfer would beat Superman, while Thor beats Gladiator... This is pretty much overkill..... I see Surfer beating both of them pretty easily.

He defeated someone with Gladiators power with uni.....+ absorbing powers.

Sill no reason that SS can't turn both of these guys to dust.

bigbran
I never underestimate Thor's raw power potential. But when you throw in the mix a much MUCH faster person with superior reflexes and who is himself a powerful person, then Thor wouldn't get a chance to use his more exotic powers. erm Thor would succumb to the SPEEDBLITZ. AHHHHHHH!!!! fear But if Superman would just go to brawl with Thor, and not use his speed, then Thor would own him. wow, a new day, thor would beat supes, in h2h, and this is cumming from you????!?!!?!?!??
just a minute, i gotta go outside and check if the sky is falling or something.

bbrem123
the surfer and thor take this one

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
wow, a new day, thor would beat supes, in h2h, and this is cumming from you????!?!!?!?!??
just a minute, i gotta go outside and check if the sky is falling or something.

Don't know about STRAIGHT HAND TO HAND, but with Thor using Mjolnir, and Superman NOT using his speed, yes I see Thor taking him.

thanospimphand
i'm also quite sure that surfer being a herald of galactus once again and gettin a big power upgrade would hand glad and supes both there asses quite handley

Inhuman
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
By the way nice sig inhuman... cool

thanks smile

MattDay
silver surfer is pure ass juice, if the two super guys weren't played like idiots, everyone thinks they are going to ignore that the threat is SS, they will both go for silver surfer, and so fast they'll go that thor wont know much of whats going on until he see's surfer falling to the ground, then he is met with another superman punch like the one he recieved in their crossover.

Inhuman
Originally posted by MattDay
silver surfer is pure ass juice, if the two super guys weren't played like idiots, everyone thinks they are going to ignore that the threat is SS, they will both go for silver surfer, and so fast they'll go that thor wont know much of whats going on until he see's surfer falling to the ground, then he is met with another superman punch like the one he recieved in their crossover.

no expression

That crossover was BS.
They go for surfer and ko him?!
So I guess surfer forgets that he has cosmic reflexes?
And is much faster than both those two.
your senerio sounds about right though roll eyes (sarcastic)

UniOmni
Originally posted by MattDay

I don't even wanna know what ass juice is, and your affiliation with it, but why would Superman go for Surfer first??

He already knows how badly that hammer Thor has hurts, so odds are he'd go for him first.

Surfer stomps Gladiator, and then ends the stalemate between Thor and Superman.

Soljer
*nods* Not to mention, as others already have, the Surfer is QUITE A BIT faster than both Superman and Gladiator.

*sniffs the air*

Smell that?

Smells like overkill....Surfer & Thor take this.

celestialdemon
Surfer and Thor take this one majority of the time.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by golem370

No he didn't... no

guy222
norrin/odinson ftw

Kurash
SS and thor

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
*nods* Not to mention, as others already have, the Surfer is QUITE A BIT faster than both Superman and Gladiator.

*sniffs the air*

Smell that?

Smells like overkill....Surfer & Thor take this.

I disagree. Surfer and Supes are in the same ballpark in terms of speed. Glads I'll give you easily.

It's not overkill, but the match is heavily stacked against team 2 because Gladiator is basically a far less powerful version of Supes. Supes on the other hand, has to work hard to beat either of these 2, and IMO, cannot put them down before Glads falls. Once Gladiator goes down, Supes is ****ed. sick

Bransolute
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I disagree. Surfer and Supes are in the same ballpark in terms of speed. Glads I'll give you easily.

It's not overkill, but the match is heavily stacked against team 2 because Gladiator is basically a far less powerful version of Supes. Supes on the other hand, has to work hard to beat either of these 2, and IMO, cannot put them down before Glads falls. Once Gladiator goes down, Supes is ****ed. sick You quoted something made over a year ago... no expression

Also, if you're talking about speed during flying, then Supes<Glads<<<<<Surfer.

Glads is also pretty fast in fighting... perhaps not as fast as Supes, but he's pretty fast.

Glads isn't far less powerful than Supes... hell, it's debatable if he's even weaker. However, he would lose to Supes without a doubt, but that doesn't make him weaker, or less powerful. smile
It's like the Rhino effect for Glads.

jmcnasty
Originally posted by Bransolute
You quoted something made over a year ago... no expression

Also, if you're talking about speed during flying, then Supes<Glads<<<<<Surfer.

Glads is also pretty fast in fighting... perhaps not as fast as Supes, but he's pretty fast.

Glads isn't far less powerful than Supes... hell, it's debatable if he's even weaker. However, he would lose to Supes without a doubt, but that doesn't make him weaker, or less powerful. smile
It's like the Rhino effect for Glads.

I agree with this statement. Glads on panel speed measurement has been higher than any i have seen of superman. In all due respect he could be stronger, faster, and by far the better fighter out of the two, if at full confidence. In a comic supes would beat gladiator but to me on kmc, a confindent gladiator would thrash superman, give surfer trouble and might could take anything thor throws at him.

Gladiator has been spoken of as one of the most powerful and strongest being in the universe. Has proven so by destroying a planet with 3 punches and then being called a god by the narrator after doing so. Was stated as being able to punch cannonball from the earth to the core of the sun, with just a single punch. Was throwing punches so hard at invisible girl force field that it was stated as being city destroying punches. Was stated by the narrator as having enough speed to keep up with a star ship that goes 100's of times the speed of light.

The thing about gladiator is that he just dont get any kind of respect by writers. He is basically rhino, a being that is made to make other people look strong. His career is based off of pis.

Gladiator could be the strongest being in this match up and he has the speed and muscle to bring any of these opponents down. Again, TO ME, if this is on kmc, I think glads would own superman. In a comic that is written by dc, superman is dc's wolverine and spiderman and they wont let him lose to anyone. Gladiator should be able to do to superman what he did to hyperion, break his dam* neck.

BobbyD
There are 2 very important factors here that will tell the tale of this fight........

a) How long does Thor hand around? ..because both Galds and Clark can dismantle him quickly
b) How quicky does SS take out Superman (if that is one of the matchups?)

I see SS and Thor taking this 6/7 times in just 10 random encounters.

D-Block
No one in this fight is taking anyone out quickly h2h but Thor and SS both have powers that give them the victory.

Bouboumaster
Thor / SS 10/10

Silver Surfer is a plot devise himself. In fact, the only one who could resist him is... Thor.

I see it like this: The first ten seconds, he kill Clark via Kryptonite/Red Sun/Energy Absorption.
After that, he go against Gladiator and does the same shit he did in Exiles

severance
tough match ss and thor come out on top a little bloodied (well not ss - does he even have blood?)

carver9
Originally posted by severance
tough match ss and thor come out on top a little bloodied (well not ss - does he even have blood?)

I dont think that he does. I have yet to witness anything surpass his durability. He IS the most durable next to gladiator in this match up.

Soljer
Originally posted by carver9
I dont think that he does. I have yet to witness anything surpass his durability. He IS the most durable next to gladiator in this match up. Tyrant disagrees.

shifty.

Bouboumaster
Odin too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.