Magic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Do you believe in magic?

I bought this book of spells recently, an encyclopedia of spells actually, everything from learning the initials of your future partner, to incantations for more money at your job.....
I'm sceptical of magic, it was just as a learning experience, it was a few bucks at this kitschy little book store downtown.....and no I haven't done any of them.

Do you think that these spells actually are possible and work?
Or are we just subliminally then programmed after say doing the spell for more money to work harder thereby making more money as a result or searching specifically for someone with those initials?

I don't believe in magic per say, but I believe that a person can change their life through positive thoughts, energy, and desire. And things like love spells and such may work if you have the desire for them to.

long pig
No, magic isn't real.
People who do believe in it are dilusional, i.e wiccans.

It's just escapism via faux power.

silver_tears
Wicca is a religion though, going back milleniums, so are all those people dillusional?

Mist
Originally posted by silver_tears

I don't believe in magic per say, but I believe that a person can change their life through positive thoughts, energy, and desire. And things like love spells and such may work if you have the desire for them to.

i say this part is the closest you'd ever get to anything. except the love spells, how do you make someone love you?

Ushgarak
Wicca goes back decades, not millenia.

BackFire
Magic is about as real as a funny Jimmy Fallon bit. Take that for what you will.

jaden101
http://www.basehead.org/files/shots/1-blaineboavid1024.jpg

schaschzzzaaammmm...let me work a little of that magic

Wickerman
I don't believe in magic per se. I believe that each event that takes place can be looked at from a mathematical point of view.

And if there is a situation where the outside factors are almost identical to what happened a long time ago in a similar situation, then the same will happen, or something almost the same, with a small variation. HOWEVER, replicating the exact same situation, is EXTREMELY difficult, if not IMPOSSIBLE. But....it might be done. Here's a fictional example: 300 years ago, the temperature was 25 degrees Celsius in Sherwood forrest, the atmospheric pressure was xxx, and there was a pig running by (i'm just being silly). 3 women dressed as nuns sang a song, the vibrations making an almond fall from a tree. If done today under the exact same circumstances, an almond will fall from a tree. If done 300 years from now under the exact same circumstances, an almond will fall from a tree.

It's just a replication of what happened in the past. You know, probabilities and all that. THAT could be viewed as magic by simple minded people that read a book where it says: "Almond dropping spell". They try it, see it works and believe in magic.

~wickerman~

PVS
Wicca is a religion though, going back milleniums, so are all those people dillusional?

if you mean witchcraft then yes, but what does that prove?
they believed in pagan gods long before that, so does that give
it any validity? mankind has experienced delusion from beginning
of self awareness.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Ushgarak

"Wicca is based on the symbols, seasonal days of celebration, beliefs and deities of ancient Celtic society. Added to this material were Masonic and ceremonial magickal components from recent centuries. In this respect, it is a religion whose roots go back almost three millennia to the formation of Celtic society circa 800 BCE."

Source

PVS
"Wicca is based on the symbols, seasonal days of celebration, beliefs and deities of ancient Celtic society. Added to this material were Masonic and ceremonial magickal components from recent centuries. In this respect, it is a religion whose roots go back almost three millennia to the formation of Celtic society circa 800 BCE."

Source

right, its a new religion based on a culmination of old religions. but ush is still correct in what he said

WindDancer
I like to believe that there is magic. But in reality I don't know if there is such force working in our world. Sure, I love magic in fiction books and stuff but in real life...it is just unknown.

vaya_the_elf
I wish in a way that there was, but I don't really believe there is.

Ushgarak

Source

Yes, note, BASED upon. In the same way Judaism, Islam and Christianity are based upon the same principle.

But Wicca was founded in the 20th century and nothing you say or do can change that.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Mist
except the love spells, how do you make someone love you?

Well it helps if you have a lot of money and a nice car for one thing, then the nice lady will bend over backward for you, or forward, or any other position based on the numbered faces on each dollar bill you give her, and will continue to do so until you run out of money to give her. After which she gets half of everything you own as well as your house and car sometimes. At least that's how it worked for ME.. big grin

Ushgarak
In fact... not wanting to sound like I am nialing in the point, but I do like to correct misconceptions...

Wicca is barely even Celtic at all. It's Greco-Roman and Norse but only a tiny bit of it is Celtic.

To give some quotes from a Wiccan website:

"Is Wicca Celtic?
No. Wicca has been influenced by a number of ancient soceities, the Celts included, but Wicca is a thoroughly modern phenomena.

I'm not even sure where this misconception comes from. The Major Sabbats are based on Celtic holidays, but the minor Sabbats are largely Norse. The Celtic god Cernunnos is a prominent figure, but so is the Roman Diana.

It is true that many other elements of Wicca are called Celtic, but these claims are largely in error. For instance, there are claims that our dualistic God and Goddess are Celtic, but this simply isn't true. Neither are the four elements - I believe those originate in Greco-Roman thought. Why we attribute so much of Wicca to the Celts continues to elude me."

Wickerman
In fact... not wanting to sound like I am nialing in the point, but I do like to correct misconceptions...

Wicca is barely even Celtic at all. It's Greco-Roman and Norse but only a tiny bit of it is Celtic.

To give some quotes from a Wiccan website:

"Is Wicca Celtic?
No. Wicca has been influenced by a number of ancient soceities, the Celts included, but Wicca is a thoroughly modern phenomena.

I'm not even sure where this misconception comes from. The Major Sabbats are based on Celtic holidays, but the minor Sabbats are largely Norse. The Celtic god Cernunnos is a prominent figure, but so is the Roman Diana.

It is true that many other elements of Wicca are called Celtic, but these claims are largely in error. For instance, there are claims that our dualistic God and Goddess are Celtic, but this simply isn't true. Neither are the four elements - I believe those originate in Greco-Roman thought. Why we attribute so much of Wicca to the Celts continues to elude me."

With all this....you still haven't answered the initial question.

~wickerman~

Ushgarak
Nor was I intending to, as should be obvious from reading the convo in the thread I have had with ST.

Freaky Zeeky
Do you believe in magic?

I bought this book of spells recently, an encyclopedia of spells actually, everything from learning the initials of your future partner, to incantations for more money at your job.....
I'm sceptical of magic, it was just as a learning experience, it was a few bucks at this kitschy little book store downtown.....and no I haven't done any of them.

Or are we just subliminally then programmed after say doing the spell for more money to work harder thereby making more money as a result or searching specifically for someone with those initials?

Magic is fake, especially that guy John Edwards.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
Magic is fake, especially that guy John Edwards.

You're confusing mysticism with illusionism

~wickerman~

sailormoon
I believe anything's possible.

G.P
Magic is what breaks continuity, ie what's reel, b/c it doesn't respect the rules that create and found every modern civilization (rationality...)

It is the only thing to me that could make life a bit interesting.
I hope it exists, but I don't believe so.

G.P
Sadest thing is that with the ads I get from KMC, here's what I can read above each page of this thread :

Easy Love Spells
Spells to help you find true love, absolutely guaranteed!

Voodoo Master Ivana
Never Failing Spells Guaranteed To Work In 24 Hours! 800-381-5586

Blue moon
The Most Powerful Wicca and Magical Jewelry

Psychic Superior Natalie
Creates Permanent Love Bond Brings Lover Back-3 Day Guaranteed!

ads by google

dawsey28
I always wondered what this meant:

"If you don't believe in it, it won't work."

Does that mean that it won't work because you don't believe in it, or that it doesn't work unless you are being tricked into believing it works?

confused

mr.smiley
It's the power of the mind.If I have cancer and you tell me to take this pill and it will be cured I will belive you and take the pill.My cancer goes away and later you tell me it was only a sugar pill.If I have a headache I take some Tylenol or Advil.However,if I had never seen a Tylenol or Advil and I had a problems with my vision and you said to me "take this it will help cure your vision".If I took it I will probably percive that it had actualy cured my vision problems,when in truth it was my mind thinking the pill would,therefore my mind actualy does the curing.

It's all about your mind and how you take things in.

In the same way if I like someone and you tell me,"Hey Smiley,let me use this love spell and the person you like will fall in love with you".So lets say I agree and the next day I see the person.Even if i'm skeptic about the spell,my mind will probably be more open to things the other person says and I will be more aware of their actions.Even if the person had no feelings for me,my mind perciving that they do would build my confidence and lighten my attitude which would possibly increase my chances with that person.

dawsey28
So it is like taking a placebo?

mr.smiley
I think it's like opening your mind.It's amazing how much a good diet and the right attitude can do for you.Even though I wouldn't consider that magic,I think it shares the same properties.I'm convinced your mind can cure you of almost anything and I also belive if you belive in something strong enough it will happen.

FeceMan
Do you believe in magic?

Please cast a spell at me. I'd like you to make it fiery and exploding.

Just to see if it is real, of course.

dave123
There's no such thing as magic, unfortunately no The only way it can work is psychologically.... the power of suggestion, sort of. But then again, who's to say that isn't magic? zorro

Jackie Malfoy
Magic tricks yes but not spells that are consider witch craft.JM

whirlysplat

Yes they are foolish and modern Wiccans have Buffy to thank for its rise amongst gotyhic teenage girlsbig grin Buffy also increased girls interet in being lesbian.

Bardock42
Yes...and guys interest in being Heterosexual stick out tongue

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes...and guys interest in being Heterosexual stick out tongue

Very truebig grin

Red Superfly
Magic is balls. It's just harnessing the physical world in an unconventional manner. It's just a different way of alterring chemicals (ie voodoo), energy and perception.

Very interesting though.

sailormoon
Maybe that is considered magic...but, I used to think ghosts weren't real and now I do!

Wickerman
Originally posted by mr.smiley
It's the power of the mind.If I have cancer and you tell me to take this pill and it will be cured I will belive you and take the pill.My cancer goes away and later you tell me it was only a sugar pill.If I have a headache I take some Tylenol or Advil.However,if I had never seen a Tylenol or Advil and I had a problems with my vision and you said to me "take this it will help cure your vision".If I took it I will probably percive that it had actualy cured my vision problems,when in truth it was my mind thinking the pill would,therefore my mind actualy does the curing.

It's all about your mind and how you take things in.

In the same way if I like someone and you tell me,"Hey Smiley,let me use this love spell and the person you like will fall in love with you".So lets say I agree and the next day I see the person.Even if i'm skeptic about the spell,my mind will probably be more open to things the other person says and I will be more aware of their actions.Even if the person had no feelings for me,my mind perciving that they do would build my confidence and lighten my attitude which would possibly increase my chances with that person.

I remember actually watching a video on the net a few years ago, where a guy was blindfolded, and someone approached him with a hot coal, so he could feel the steam and heat. He said "I'm going to put this hot coal on your hand now". He then threw the hot coal away and put an icecube on the guy's arm. When he removed it, the guy's hand was burned blink It may have been a scam.....but the mind is very receptive to outside suggestions erm

~wickerman~

JLRTENJAC
I believe in Magic in a sence... I believe there is a God and a Devil... allthough I don't believe humans can do it...

DanieLs_4_Ever
Do you believe in it? Do you think its possible? All the religions and practices like wiccan..or voodoo. I've always wondered about it and last saturday after seeing the Skeleton Key..voodoo's been one of my top thoughts.

Shakyamunison
To a primitive person, a lighter would be magic. It all depends on what you are talking about.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
To a primitive person, a lighter would be magic. It all depends on what you are talking about.
Im not talking about the idiots that stand there and stand at the flames of a bic.
Im talking about is it possible to read, and correctly perform a spell from a voodoo book if you believe strongly in it. Or is it possible to be born with powers to do things that no one else can do. Things such as thouse...no expression

Zatch
not really.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Zatch
not really.
Why are these your thoughts

Zatch
well lets see I am a technical thinker and if it cant be proven through science it isn't real as far as I am concerned.

DanieLs_4_Ever
well lets see I am a technical thinker and if it cant be proven through science it isn't real as far as I am concerned.
I've never really even heard of them taking a chance to study it.
But in any other case...wiccan IS a religion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Im not talking about the idiots that stand there and stand at the flames of a bic.
Im talking about is it possible to read, and correctly perform a spell from a voodoo book if you believe strongly in it. Or is it possible to be born with powers to do things that no one else can do. Things such as thouse...no expression

I'm sorry, but I'm talking about us. We are the primitives, or as you say it, "idiots that stand there and stare at the flames of a bic.". You should see the movie, The Magic Man. In all magic there is a truth that is hard to understand, that is why it must be done correctly or it will not work. If you don't use the lighter correctly it will not work.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm sorry, but I'm talking about us. We are the primitives, or as you say it, "idiots that stand there and stare at the flames of a bic.". You should see the movie, The Magic Man. In all magic there is a truth that is hard to understand, that is why it must be done correctly or it will not work. If you don't use the lighter correctly it will not work.
True.. and you also must believe.

Shakyamunison

I agree, but some magic is not magic, it's primitive science.

DanieLs_4_Ever
erm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
True.. and you also must believe.

Not always true, but it does help.

debbiejo
Here we go again into quantum physics..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Here we go again into quantum physics..

If you want to know more on this topic, here is the lady her self. This is the person I would ask, if I had a question like this one.

Lord Melkor
Yes, but I tend to be sceptic. I had some friends that were doing occult, but I no longer know them. And I am not sure I regret it.

Sexi_Cleo
I've just read this and alot of ppl have jumped straight to T.V and Wiccan religion. There are lots of books out there which go on about Wiccan and the histroy of witches and such!

Yet know one has said about the one fundamental rule of magic.

" Be careful with what you do for it will be returned to you threefold!"

I like to think that magic is just looking toward the actions you take and what consequences they will have!

But hey each to theire own!! smart

Alpha Centauri
I don't believe in magic being real because they are magic tricks.

Ritual magic is something I'm reasonably interested in though I don't practice it.

I do believe in what some people, such as Derren Brown, are doing. Because that's not magic, thats psychological influence and mind "control".

I don't believe in magic in the famous sense though.

-AC

Atlantis001
Spells are prayers, it just have a different name, prayers require only that we speak, spells sometimes have more complicated rituals. Ceremonies, and ritual exist in every religion, even catholic religion, and their "magic" is called religious ceremony. Holy water originated from egyptian magic. Prayers, or blessings are like magic. If someone bless me is to help me somehow in a strange magical way, as if their words had some kind of power. Thats what prayers are.... to think that words have some kind of power that affect the reality we live is magic.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
Yes, but I tend to be sceptic. I had some friends that were doing occult, but I no longer know them. And I am not sure I regret it.

Magic and occult are not the same thing. Christians do magic all the time, praying is nothing more than magic.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Atlantis001
.... to think that words have some kind of power that affect the reality we live is magic.

There may be some basis in science when it come to the human body and belief.

JediMusician

Wicca goes back millenia, and yes, decades also, I guess, technically.

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/1614/Celtwicc/Wicca/Wicca02.htm

If you want to, you can check this out.

debbiejo
Words and thoughts with intentions do affect reality...The stronger the intention, the stronger the reality of it in most cases.

There is much written about it...here's a little overview "the law of attraction" http://www.lawofattractionresources.com/LOA-Biz-Ch1.pdf

http://www.you-can-have-everything.com/blog/2005/04/how-does-quantum-physics-relate-to-law.html

How does Quantum Physics relate to Law of Attraction?

Most people only think of a financial thing, but it's effect is in every part of your life.

Atlantis001

debbiejo
Law of attraction states that you attract whatever you give your energy, attention and focus to.

In other words, the attraction starts the moment you think about it. We create with out thought. Thought is basically energy, and Quantum Physics tells us that matter is one big pool of energy.

Einstein and other Quantum Physicists have proven that all physical matter is made up of energy packets not bound by space and time.

I copied that from the one site....Interesting isn't it?

Also besides water crystals, it also been done with plants...and measured the response to a persons thought about burning it...It registered on a polygraph machine done by one of the CIA personnel.

Filth
I have great belief in magick (note: Magick not Magic) I have studied everything from Wicca to Pagan.

padmeXskywalker
I can answer any questions about wicca and paganism. i am coming up to my first year in practise any way, ony i am christian.

at the very beginning of this thread silver_tears said that do we think all this magick works. If you think about it, it isn't going to make you win the lottery, or make you go from being a fat ugly blob to being a sexy supermodel. It won't work that way.
It will probably help you think about your inner beauty and then you will want to bring it out more, and then other people will see it and slowly perhaps you will start to change.
As for winning the lottery that is a very FAT chance so there aint much point asking for something like that.
I have done a KISS ME spell for a guy I like. He hasn't kissed me yet but he's actually showed feelings for me... so yeah, i guess that if you think hard and look at magick in different possible lights then it can work, but you need to will it to work, and not just be selfish and want it to work. I want never gets in magick.

"And ye harm none, do what thou wilt" the wiccan rede

Alpha Centauri
"I have done a KISS ME spell for a guy I like. He hasn't kissed me yet but he's actually showed feelings for me... so yeah, i guess that if you think hard and look at magick in different possible lights then it can work"

Hasn't worked though has it?

-AC

padmeXskywalker
i only did it a few weeks ago, and in case you dont know it is summer holidays usand i havent seen him at all so obviously it aint gonna work yet.

Alpha Centauri
It's not going to though, is it? Let's be realistic.

Not to rain on the parade but the one thing I've noticed about girls who dip into the superstitious, the occult or the "dark arts" usually make excuses when the spells don't work. Not willing to accept that you actually have no otherworldly power or ability to summon spirits.

It's like people who pay attention to star signs, why? Being realistic, I find the formation of the planets and such to be interesting. But the alignment of giant balls of gas hold no bearing on my life.

I just get curious as to where you girls get it from.

-AC

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud

debbiejo
This might sound strange, but I've read it and told a friend to try this....

When walking up to a guy she likes, since thoughts are actually alive and can travel with strong intentions, look at him from behind and think something really really hot, and use your imagination. It's an experiment....It's said that this person will get some vibe, turn around and notice you, but might not know why...

Only something I've read...I'll have to ask if she tried it... reading

padmeXskywalker
I don't actually practice wicca to do magic. I am interested in all aspects of, like spiritual esapism and meditation.
I'm not actually execting spells to change my life; it's not like Lord Of The Rings or Harry Potter.

grey fox
New age hippy bull-crap

padmeXskywalker
You guys make me laugh. You so thick eek! big grin

Evil Dead
magic is not real.......never has been, never will be.

Every single thing on this earth that has happened, is currently happening or will ever happen is based on a number of variables interacting to produce a noticable affect. There is no such thing as magic or luck. Those are merely words used to describe a happening when a person either does not know or does not understand the variables that acted upon something to create the affect.

finti
if the Cubs won the World Series magic would be real for real

Evil Dead
I think it would take more than magic..................Jesus Christ would have to return to earth and lead off with god almighty himself batting clean up.

padmeXskywalker
LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Wonderer
Magic does exist on a relative scale: for some people some things are magical if they are in total awe of it; i.e. they don't know how it works. For example, if you showed a Television to a cave man - it would seem like magic to him. Before the emergence of modern science, many natural phenomena seemed like magic, because people did not know how it worked on a physical level.

However, isn't the totality of all existence magical in the end? I mean, we will never really know the true meaning and workings of the universe - that is magic!

Moreover, how can anything that is performed, be magical. The mere fact that something is being done, means that it is in fact possible - nothing that can be done, is impossible. But the moment something 'impossible' happens, it fails to seem impossible, or magical any longer, because it has just been proven to be able to happen.

Whatis the definition of 'Magic' anyway? If something can be done, it can be done...what's so magical about that?

But the whole of existence, the universe, remains to be a mystery, magical, infinitely puzzling, bUT only because we do not and can not truely know it.

debbiejo
True, but that one guy on TV freaks me out....

Wonderer
What guy on TV?

finti
Puff

Wonderer
I don't puff, I smoke like a real addict.

terra grl 123
Do you believe in magic?

i do!!!!!!i love to try them out. happy

kash$king
theres some things that shouldt be messed with brun the book and go to chruch

Spelljammer
That is what magick is all about. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a poser trying to appear badass probably trying to cut lockets of your hair for his fakeass Vodo dolls.

Not to say there isn't curses and hexes, but very few witches dare mess with that. Even I, who am pretty liberal with the darkarts refuse to go there. The powers from where those spells originate are not very friendly, and you better be ready to work on thier terms, or you're in for some serious karmitic beatdown..

Me and mom debate this ALOT. She does the spells properly, ritualisticaly, and trusts The God and Godess to protect her..

I however, do things on the whim. Allowing darkness to enter the spell so the trial isn't so long.. Things happen instantly, things have bigger conclusions, things.. threaten my life..

Alot of times I would have "visits" with hostile intent. No-one likes to be manipulated, especialy when they aren't going to get anything in return. Like say, my body..

Also messing with the him does a number on your body. Trust me, I have unexplainable joint pains, my pancrease doesn't work right, my body is always cold, my fieces smell like sulfer and are watery ALWAYS, and my heart rate moves slowly. But that wasn't half as bad as when I started.. I don't want to scare you, but to tell you It was almost like someone else was controlling my thoughts, I wouldn't eat, my hair grew dull and brittle (it came back when I took control again) and I would have panick attacks. I vaguely remember, and as my eyes grew darker and my panick attacks grew harsher I could only look in the mirror and think "this isn't me, what's going on?"

Sometimes I wonder if they were succesful at possessing me..
When I was little (2 or 3) I use to do and say things to make mom cry, she told me about how I'd call her ***** and whore and when she'd wash my mouth out i'd grab it, eat it, and laugh. I thought maybe they were mindgames as I do that, but she said "at 2?!" laughing out loud

I don't know why I'm so attractive as a host for these symbiotes, though after that hole suicide attempt thing it hasn't happend. Still use the necro-element though. It's my destiny. Wether I like it or not.

But I would never put a hex on someone. The drawbacks would be more then I'd ever be willing to pay. I'm not a malicous person, I'm just impatient for change, and I desire so strongly for my life not to be the way it is desperation comes over me.

Sometimes I believe that's what evil is really all about.. Do yourself a favour, if you don't think you're ready, don't do it. If you get tempted cause of desperation, remember you're not ready.. You don't want to be me and hurt physichaly and emotionaly everyday of your life..

silver_tears
Originally posted by kash$king

ummm no, I'd never ever ever burn a book, ever

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by kash$king

I agree about going to Church, but I also wouldn't burn a book I would just throw it out or get rid of if it had content I didn't like. Unless if it was Satanic then I burn it fear

bardock
too bad criss angel pwns all bitches

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I agree about going to Church, but I also wouldn't burn a book I would just throw it out or get rid of if it had content I didn't like. Unless if it was Satanic then I burn it fear

Bit hypocritical.

Satan has feelings to you know. Everyone's so concerned about God's wrath and how great he/she/it is, what about Satan? He's only as pissed as he is because God bullied him.

Psssh.

-AC

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bit hypocritical.

Satan has feelings to you know. Everyone's so concerned about God's wrath and how great he/she/it is, what about Satan? He's only as pissed as he is because God bullied him.

Psssh.

-AC

Because Satan tried taking over! He is pure evil. The feelings he has is hate and anger, and wants to control and take over the lives of the ones who try and devote their lives to God.

Alpha Centauri
See my reply to Spelljammer about that.

-AC

Spelljammer
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
Because Satan tried taking over! He is pure evil. The feelings he has is hate and anger, and wants to control and take over the lives of the ones who try and devote their lives to God.
You're more right then you know.

Yes, Satan is empowered by hatred and anger. And he does want to control our lives, but frankly.. who could blame him? Human beings have done nothing but disgrace God's creation, they have proven time and time again that given the free will, they will abuse it, peverse it, and are more destructive then any demon could be..

Satan is using deceit, resentment, and other necro-energies to instill fear into us. That way we are kept inline, so the destruction stops. Satan's alot smarter then these atagonistic fools give him credit for. And that's why I believe in the new world order, so there will be no more idiocy, and criminilization of free-will, because it will become scarce. You will learn the hardway of how good God was to you, when you are kidnapped from Him, and forced to answer to a new god.

And the funniest part about it is the humans will walk right into it like cattle to the slaughter. They're so narscisistic and hungery for sin that it will be no trouble at all putting them through doom and gloom. Democracy ends with a roaring applause..

Alpha Centauri
Satan is using deceit, resentment and necro-energies to instill fear? Dude, you're using self-believe, insecurity and silver tongue syndrome to instill boredom.

Like I said, christians claim to be about forgiveness. "Forgive them for they know not what they do"? What about Satan? The only reason he's down there is because of God anyway, more or less.

"Boo hoo, Satan is evil! He's trying to..." yeah yeah, get over it man. I neither confirm nor deny the existance of an actual God or actual Satan but things aren't as cut and dry as you're making it seem.

Oh, and stop acting as though everyone but you is a sheep just because you believe something unfounded based on your personal beliefs that we do not share.

How good God was to me? Get a damn clue, man. If God doesn't exist to someone, he can't be good to them. You're obviously too simple minded to realise this.

-AC

Spelljammer
Well if you're aganostic (or should I say atagnostic..) then why the hell are you in any spiritual discussions to begin with? What? Do you enjoy making an ass out of yourself?

Alpha Centauri

shoe-freak
Do you believe in magic?

you're goin' to hell dude, don't study wicca and sorts, pure evil. it breaks the rules of god. it's like a school test. you cheat, you get caught, you get screwed up, and you're all alone in your room, punished

Great Vengeance
Alpha Centauri, theres no hope for them. sad

Spelljammer
Originally posted by shoe-freak
you're goin' to hell dude, don't study wicca and sorts, pure evil. it breaks the rules of god. it's like a school test. you cheat, you get caught, you get screwed up, and you're all alone in your room, punished
God died a long time ago..

If he wants to look up anything he should look up The Necromonicom, I could give him some good places to start.. I'm not talking about the fake one neither. That one is just an elaborate immitation, it works at summong spirits, but not gods what makes you think you can summon a celestial of that calibur? Why would you want too?

The real Necrominicom is more like The Bible the church doesn't want you to know about. Depicting the end of days in far more dark, dreart perspective.. It's not sunshine and lollipops, but then, the truth never is..

padmeXskywalker
I havent written for ages, and I know it doesnt matter to you guys cause you hate me because of me practising wicca, only ii am just saying. You guys are crazy!!! "god says do this, god says do that," you all say, "if you don't do this you're gonna burn in hell," Wicca gives you freedom. There is just one guideline (not a rule) in wicca "and if ye harm none, do what thou wilt,"

It's common sence to feed the hungry, dress the cold, give shelter to the tired ect...

Wicca makes muc more sence in the long run. When I was christian I was forever confused. I was always asking quaetions like, "if god created adam and eve, how did they evolve from monkeys. if god created animals ect, where did the dinosaurs come in?"

christianity confuses me.

also wicca is not plain evil. i am not saying there arent bad wiccans: there are bad christians, bad muslims, bad jews, bad hindus, bad bhudists, bad sikh and bad shintuists. There are always bad people. That doesnt mean that wiccans are bad. christians are more bad i would say, because there are more of you than there are wiccans, so there will be more bad chiristians than wiccans. And wiccans are more like angels really (not boasting or anything). we try to clean up all the mess and coruption in the world that everyone else has just made...

Alpha Centauri
Anyone can give theirselves freedom if they want it. It's those who think that by following a certain set of rules (Eg: Organised religion) that they become more free, that puzzle me.

-AC

Spelljammer
Freedom comes from acceptance, there is no such thing as freedom. Anyone who believes that, is retarded. You are given "privlages". Wether by God, or by your supiriors..

Sure, you could go out and rape a couple of 14 year old girls, but good luck not getting your brains blown out, or worse.. Every action must be met with a re-action, wether equal to, or greater..

That is the rule of karma. "Do as thou will". Because it is the law. And there is no way to escape that law. Not through personal choice, not through whining, not even through God. That is simply the way the universe works. And when you accept that, then, and only then, shall you be free..

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, now try typing that post with your head focused on the keyboard and not crammed up your anus.

It's a subjective law, not everyone has to follow it because not everyone believes it.

-AC

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by padmeXskywalker
I havent written for ages, and I know it doesnt matter to you guys cause you hate me because of me practising wicca, only ii am just saying. You guys are crazy!!! "god says do this, god says do that," you all say, "if you don't do this you're gonna burn in hell," Wicca gives you freedom. There is just one guideline (not a rule) in wicca "and if ye harm none, do what thou wilt,"

It's common sence to feed the hungry, dress the cold, give shelter to the tired ect...

Wicca makes muc more sence in the long run. When I was christian I was forever confused. I was always asking quaetions like, "if god created adam and eve, how did they evolve from monkeys. if god created animals ect, where did the dinosaurs come in?"

christianity confuses me.

also wicca is not plain evil. i am not saying there arent bad wiccans: there are bad christians, bad muslims, bad jews, bad hindus, bad bhudists, bad sikh and bad shintuists. There are always bad people. That doesnt mean that wiccans are bad. christians are more bad i would say, because there are more of you than there are wiccans, so there will be more bad chiristians than wiccans. And wiccans are more like angels really (not boasting or anything). we try to clean up all the mess and coruption in the world that everyone else has just made...

I was reading AC's and SJ's posts and was comment on some of what they said, forget that this post blew me out of the water. I am sorry, But this is the most thick headed post I read yet.Now let me share my thoughts from a Christian point of view.

1) Wicca give you freedom? Now, since you were a Christian you should know about the idea of heaven. How it is harder to get to heaven because you must live your life for God and devote yourself to him the best you can, and that its easier to go to hell because the road is wide and easier to get into (ex. Its easier to do as you please and have all the freedom you want and like, instead of following the ways God wants us too)

2) Giving to the needy and hungry etc, is not common sense.Thats act of kindness. Realizing they need help is common sense, acting upon it is kindness.

3) How can there be more 'Bad' Christan's then there are more 'Bad' Wiccans. Just because in your opinion there are more Christan's doesnt make us more bad. If a person is a 'bad' Christian then I dont really think they can be called a Christian.(ex. A 'Chrisitain' who goes out every day of the week and drinks and does drugs then Sunday asks for forgiveness then next does the same).

4)you call yourself more like angles? lets see the definition for Angels:

Angel- An immortal being attendant upon God; a very kind and lovable person;a helping or guiding spirit.

5) I dont see by how casting a spell will help the world. I know spells work and I know that Wicca is out there and I know people who follow it. But its a bit arrogant to act as if you are the only ones trying to fix it or clean the world. There are many different faiths and people who care about the world but they are not all wiccan and they dont all cast spells to solve their problems.

Kosta

Its been around longer than Christianity has. At least where it transpired from has.

Storm

Source
Most people don' t distinguish between something that exists today, and its historical roots. Wicca was originally founded by Gerald Gardner most likely in the 1940s, first openly revealed in 1954.
Many believe he invented it himself, and feel that his writings were more his own creations than true (and ancient) practices that had been handed down through generations.
Even though there may be ideas, concepts, practices, or beliefs in the Wicca we know today that are based in older knowledge, the collected whole as presented by Gardner only came into existence in the 1950s.

padmeXskywalker
Magick is real and you guys suck. heehee

Raven Guardia

erm

padmeXskywalker
I think u guys are wierd. And you makle me laugh. POO HEADS!!!!!

Spelljammer
SpellJammer couldn't have said it better himself.. laughing

GoodCharlotte
Well duh they work. ya stupid it is just a matter afact if you believe it is going to work or not because if you don't believe they are going to work then they won't, so you have to believe that they will and you really shouldn't have posted this because you should be able to dicied on your own if you even want to do the spells. And if you didn't know if they were going to work in the first place you shouldn't have bought the f*ckin book.
And what I just said is all true because I have done quite a few spells in my life time well not really in my life time but in the past year and yes they did work you idiot.
And just in case all of you guys want to know Celtic isn't even close to a Witch or a Wiccan.

Raven Guardia
Originally posted by GoodCharlotte
Well duh they work. ya stupid it is just a matter afact if you believe it is going to work or not because if you don't believe they are going to work then they won't, so you have to believe that they will and you really shouldn't have posted this because you should be able to dicied on your own if you even want to do the spells. And if you didn't know if they were going to work in the first place you shouldn't have bought the f*ckin book.
And what I just said is all true because I have done quite a few spells in my life time well not really in my life time but in the past year and yes they did work you idiot.
And just in case all of you guys want to know Celtic isn't even close to a Witch or a Wiccan.

watch the member bashing you could get banned for it...and certain people here have mod friends, so becareful which people you get an atitude with. wink just trying to give you some advice smile

padmeXskywalker
uh... GoodCharlotte dude person. Whatever. Actually wicca and paganism was inventy by the CELTS!!! uh... i do agree with you on some bits though... just chill out and make sure that everything you put down you are sure about...

padmeXskywalker
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! i love GOOD CHARLOTTE though. i just got their CD chronicals of life and death

scooby doo 12
yes, i believe in white and black magic

botankus
Holy Crap! It's Scooby Doo! How's Daphne and why hasn't she called me?

Quellefalathwen
Originally posted by scooby doo 12
yes, i believe in white and black magic

Magic in itself is not black or white......it depends on the intent of the user

meep-meep
Ta-da! It looks black and white to me!

Mindship
Do I believe in magic?
Depends what you mean by "magic." But basically, No.

Mr Parker
Ghosts? yes.Magic? no.Its just a bunch of cheap parlor tricks that magicians spend hours studying and learning about.

silver_stars
no i dont believe in magic, i am christian. i recently was confused about the dinosaurs to, where they came in. I asked, and my religous ed teacher said the bible was to get a point across, some things are factual, others are stories to get points across. the seven days of creation could have been sevend days for God, but seven THOUSAND for us. The dinosaurs could have been created during the day of the animals, and lived, then died. about the monkeys, i think that is one of the things that christianity and science dont agree on.

debbiejo
It's not really "Magic" as much as it's just influencing the forces that are already there.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
Do I believe in magic?
Depends what you mean by "magic." But basically, No.

I say yes, but it depends on what is magic. Its like asking what is a UFO. Once you know what it is, it is no longer unidentified. big grin

Magic is something we don't understand. Once we understand, it is no longer magic.

TheOne101
I liked reading Padmexxskywalkers posts. Its like watching a hardcore ADD student trying to take a test. Pretty hilarious. And raven getting aggrivated, hehe. No one read the first 3 pages of posts apparently. :/

botankus
I vote move this thread to the role-playing forum.

p.s. Did anyone know there's signature dueling forum now? I checked it out; It seems they have tournaments and vote for themselves to advance.

Quellefalathwen
Seriously, I am a Christian, but I still meddle in the "craft" and just because you don't understand something you don't need to make it sound bad!!!!!!! (teenwitch.com go there and NO SPELL BEGGING)

debbiejo
A Christian that dabbles in the Craft?..........You do know you're gonna burn in hell now............ yes reading

Mindship
A big part of magic is wishful thinking. It's like how young children think: it violates laws of chance and physics to make things happen. There is no force like this in the world.

On the other hand, there is far more mystery to the world than there is certainty.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Mindship
A big part of magic is wishful thinking. It's like how young children think: it violates laws of chance and physics to make things happen. There is no force like this in the world.

On the other hand, there is far more mystery to the world than there is certainty. Yep, influences that can be minipulated somewhat.

Quellefalathwen
A Christian that dabbles in the Craft?..........You do know you're gonna burn in hell now............ yes reading

The only hell is earth......you should know that by now, hun

Eis
Originally posted by Quellefalathwen
The only hell is earth......you should know that by now, hun
I'm pretty sure she does, but how hypocrital, a christian claiming the only hell there is, is in earth.

Bardock42
John Constantine is an awesome Magician.....

Rayvann
I don't believe in magic, but damn it would be cool if God had slipped in magic during creation along with everything else.

Seriously that'd be kick ass to have Dungeons and Dragons style magic. Just imagine being able to cast a spell and suddenly have the ability to fly. Fekking cool.

Quellefalathwen
Originally posted by Eis
I'm pretty sure she does, but how hypocrital, a christian claiming the only hell there is, is in earth.

That is actually how my church taught me

The Black Ghost
There's no such thing as magic who made this thread!

debbiejo
The only hell is earth......you should know that by now, hun it was a joke.. big grin

Darth_Erebus
Magic=superstition. Same applies to religion.

Quellefalathwen
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
There's no such thing as magic who made this thread!

I should soooooooooo curse you, but that would be personal gain......

Quellefalathwen
btw, has anyone ever read about Aleister(sp?) Crowley?

Bowser jr
Magic is real but you can't do LOVE, MONEY spells. If you want more money you have to work for it. As for love it just happens. The thing with spells is that you can't mess with them. You have to be careful of what your doing. There are lots of different types of magic black, white, green, do i need to go on. evil face smokin' devil beer rock

Storm
btw, has anyone ever read about Aleister(sp?) Crowley?
*Nods.*
I' ve read about him.

mistress kalika
Do you believe in magic?

Yes I do believe. In many different religion there is a bit of magic.
It all depends on how you look at each different act. Even in the Christian bible there is acts of magic. One act would be when Moses parted the sea. Yes i know he acted with God help but in a sense it was magic. Just at that time Moses was using a higher form of power. Well why could there not be other people using higher forms of power. Say like elemental power or forces above our understanding or even the higher power of the mind. Humans only use a small percent of their mind why could not some of them be using more. I do not believe that magic is bad or good, black or white, or even evil, i believe it is the person that is using it in how ever way they might that makes it good or evil and so on. But this is only my thoughts on the matter, it doesn't have to be everyones. I just thought that there should be a different point of view to consider.

Kali smile

Bardock42
btw, has anyone ever read about Aleister(sp?) Crowley? Yes, some funny-disgusting stuff...not an expert on him though....not nearly as cool as John Constantine ...

Quellefalathwen
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes, some funny-disgusting stuff...not an expert on him though....not nearly as cool as John Constantine ...

All I know about Crowley is that he whipped Victor...........(EWWWWWWWW he used a whip on a guy......that was UGLY)

wait a minute that was a scourge

The Disagreer
Magic is very real. Even the Bible acknowledges the existence of magic. However, magic cannot be white no matter how well meaning it is. Magic is power derived from one's own spirit and/or the power of a demonic force. The miracles from the Bible are purely from faith in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Storm
True magic is neither black nor white. It' s both because nature is both, loving and cruel, all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the person. Life gives a balance of its own.

- The Craft -

mistress kalika
Originally posted by The Disagreer
The miracles from the Bible are purely from faith in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Well what is magic if it is not an use of a higher power. The miracles from the bible are an use of higher power.That higher power may be god or the holy spirit, or what ever other from you might want to call it.
Just because one says a miracle does not mean it can not be magic. In all forms magic is the use of power of a higher form. I do how ever agree that magic is not black nor white. It is people that are good or evil.
But yet again these are my thoughts on it and i just really like to see other people ideals to what my thoughts are. It might just open someones eyes mine or anyone else.

Kali smile

debbiejo
Magic or Miracles happen all the time using the power of strong intention. That's all it is. And the more involved in it the stronger the influence. It's the "Law of Attraction."

mistress kalika
Magic or Miracles happen all the time using the power of strong intention. That's all it is. And the more involved in it the stronger the influence. It's the "Law of Attraction."

True I agree with you. I was just trying to state that magic whatever is in the bible ans so forth. It all comes back to what each believes in I guess.

Kali big grin

Quellefalathwen
seven words: "the world would NOT exist without magic"

true or false.....you decide.

Shakyamunison
seven words: "the world would NOT exist without magic"

true or false.....you decide.

True and false. It all depends on what magic is.

Blue nocturne
Magic IMO is basically science that has been disregarded by the scientific community.

debbiejo
Magic is just one influence on another at small sub atomic levels, which many practiced not even knowing how they were doing it, but now it's being studied in the quantum sciences fields.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>