Scream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pamela Voorhees
Ok what is the deal with the movie Scream, it is insulting to all slasher movies. I don't care if it was made by Wes Craven or not it's crap. I mean the costume is not realistic, you need a big creepy thing like Jason or a burned up maniac like Freddy, who wants to watch a stupid teenager wearing a screaming face chase around other people because his mum left him when he was a kid. And if that's bad enough they started to make MORE!!! They should have stopped after the first one.

eggmayo
I don't rate it that high either.

papabeard
spam_laser

Pamela Voorhees
Cool at least some one agrees everyone else loves it because it's like the only thing they can handle.

Jason Rules

eggmayo
I don't really like slasher films though, their so stereotypical and boring, you can tell whats going to happen in the mainstream ones.

Pamela Voorhees
That's what my friend said. But I just like them. But still Scream was just not good. Neither was the first Friday the 13th. I like stuff like white noise and the ring too though they pLaY WitH YouR MiNd!

papabeard
shaun

eggmayo
Originally posted by Pamela Voorhees
That's what my friend said. But I just like them. But still Scream was just not good. Neither was the first Friday the 13th. I like stuff like white noise and the ring too though they pLaY WitH YouR MiNd!
I agree totally with that, other than the White Noise and Ring bit.

papabeard
The White Noise and Ring bit kind of undermine any confidence you may have in her opinion and invalidate that opinion.laughing
and personally I like the first Friday the 13th, in my opinion its the best one in the series. Also I think Scream is one of the best horror films ever made.

eggmayo
Originally posted by papabeard
The White Noise and Ring bit kind of undermine any confidence you may have in her opinion and invalidate that opinion.laughing
and personally I like the first Friday the 13th, in my opinion its the best one in the series. Also I think Scream is one of the best horror films ever made.
Yeah, my tag doesn't work anymore.

T.M
i personally liked Scream (the first one after that they went downhill IMO) i didnt even bother watching White noise cause it looked so bad and the ring was awful IMO.

ladygrim
i liked scream 1 but the rest just went abit crappy if you ask me

actor
Did you start this thread because Scream was on the tv on Sunday?
Anyway, i like all of the Scream franchise. Ok, it's not the scariest film ever made but does a film have to be terrorfying to be good?

Also i think the costume is a bit creepy. Not as creepy as some but i wouldn't want to see it in my backyard at night.

Cinemaddiction
Christ. Another "Scream" thread? This is riduclous.

Here's we go, "Scream 101". "Scream" is the antithesis of slasher flicks. It parodies them from start to finish, for starters. It bucks all the trends purposely, and exploits every stupid facet of the genre. "Scream" shows you DON'T need some mute and masked mongoloid thats NEVER been scary or intimidating to make a good slasher. Someone finding two devoted Horror fans to pick off victims for him, the real cultprit who gets away with it successfully over 3 movies? That's genius.

Originally posted by Pamela Voorhees
Cool at least some one agrees everyone else loves it because it's like the only thing they can handle.

Jason Rules

"Scream" is the only thing we can handle? What the **** are you on, girl? You're gabbing about liking lightweight shit like "White Noise", which I did like, but it was hardly a mind-****.

Now, you dislike the first "Friday", although your namesake is of its main character? Define irony. "Friday the 13th" has been shit about Part 4, and that's a popular opinion. Slashers are indeed derivative, boring, and stereotypical.

Jason's been a dead man walking, no pun intended, for about a decade now.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Jason's been a dead man walking, no pun intended, for about a decade now.

yup, I beleive jason should have been over after the first flick.

gls
Originally posted by Mandorallen
yup, I beleive jason should have been over after the first flick.

jason wasn't the killer in the first flick.

and scream isn't suppose to take its self seriously. its not a bad film.
i would never see white noise because that film looks what someone said "lightweight"
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cinemaddiction
It's not so much a true Horror as it is a suspense, IMO.

gls
It's not so much a true Horror as it is a suspense, IMO.
u're reffering to white noise right? if u are i agree

Pamela Voorhees
Seriously, if you forget the low budget effects and look at the back ground of the killer it's actually kinda interesting. But to be honest Scream just didn't impress me. Better effects than the Fridays but still bad bad movie. thumb down shifty

Cinemaddiction
The background of Ghostface is what made it so unique, and low budget special effects? Do you know of any Horror movies that had big budget special effects? What the f**k?

Pretty shallow reasoning for disliking one of the most important Horror movies ever.

T.M
The background of Ghostface is what made it so unique, and low budget special effects? Do you know of any Horror movies that had big budget special effects? What the f**k?

Pretty shallow reasoning for disliking one of the most important Horror movies ever.

yes

true.

Idiot T.V people Scream was on the other night but all the adverts showing it was of Scream 2 What the f**k?

FOOLS !!

Cinemaddiction
Another thing, "Scream" is rooted in realism. Virtually every other slasher isn't. When I said Ghostface was unique, look at the background that's being debated. Roman hires two Horror movie fanatics to live out their wildest movie dreams, and take care of his dirty work at the same time. They're bumbling idiots, fail, Ms. Loomis is grieving the murder of her son, and she wants revenge, especially now that Sid isn't dead, so Roman uses her to his advantage and tries again, while having his fouled up instances of framing Cotton fail, he has him taken care of as well.

Part 3, which was DEFINITLEY planned long, long ago because Randy's prophecy was too convenient of a plot device to be coincidence, Roman takes things into his own hands, and makes "Scream 3" one of the most unpredictible Horrors ever made.

T.M
Another thing, "Scream" is rooted in realism. Virtually every other slasher isn't. When I said Ghostface was unique, look at the background that's being debated. Roman hires two Horror movie fanatics to live out their wildest movie dreams, and take care of his dirty work at the same time. They're bumbling idiots, fail, Ms. Loomis is grieving the murder of her son, and she wants revenge, especially now that Sid isn't dead, so Roman uses her to his advantage and tries again, while having his fouled up instances of framing Cotton fail, he has him taken care of as well.

Part 3, which was DEFINITLEY planned long, long ago because Randy's prophecy was too convenient of a plot device to be coincidence, Roman takes things into his own hands, and makes "Scream 3" one of the most unpredictible Horrors ever made.

agreed

MildPossession
I will always love Scream, not a bad movie at all. And how it is insulting to all slashers is confusing to me...

T.M
Originally posted by MildPossession
I will always love Scream, not a bad movie at all. And how it is insulting to all slashers is confusing to me...

baffled me a bit to yes

gls
insulting? no, jus stating facts really

phantom_gurlz
What is Scream about?

kmcdude
Teens that are ''obsessed''with horror and take it a bit too far...hang

tabby999
i agree the first one was good, then they sort of lost their way for me. me thinks this is a case for....TABBYS SECOND CHANCES! (not associated in any way to "Cines Second Chance", appart from me ripping it off COMPLETLY, hey if FOX can do it, so can i!)

actor
Scream 2 was on last night (Sunday) did anyone watch it?

I guess Scream 3 will be on next Sunday.

MildPossession
I just watched it to see the first part before the title came up, I think the womans death scene in the cinema is quite disturbing when she climbs onto the stage. Quite sad to watch.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.