Best Horror Movie Out Of This List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ashtonsNO1fan
Which ones best, i think The Grudge is good.

ladygrim
none of them really

Evil Dead
The Evil Dead and Carrie are the only two on the list worth talking about...............well, maybe the Fog.

believe it or not, I put Carrie over The Evil Dead. It has a real story.........and a good one at that.

Deano
evil dead
people under the stairs
the fog
carrie

Impediment
The Evil Dead and the Fog are the only two movies here, in my opinion, that are worth a damn, since I own them. The Grudge was horrible! Instead watch Ju-On since it is the original story and MUCH scarier. Same with The Ring and its original Japanese predecessor Ringu. Never seen Boogeyman, Cursed, or Halloween Camp and I dont ever desire to. People under the stairs was okay. Carrie was mediocre compared to the novel, but then again what Stephen King adaptation isnt? The Psycho remake is shit. Pure and simple. Totally unnecessary remake.

Cinemaddiction
The Grudge was crap IMO, and Ju-On was twice as silly as messed up with its chronology. The Ring I enjoyed, just didn't think it deserved my nod, and I hated Ringu, it was a great comedy though. Boogeyman was shit, and Halloween Camp I've never even HEARD of. I haven't bothered with the Psycho remake, as I hate Vince Vaughn. People Under the Stairs was a comedy, hardly a Horror, and the same goes for Cursed, go figure. The Fog was a boring ghost story and Carrie I viewed as more of a drama, but will elborate later.

I selected "Evil Dead" simply because it has more Horror elements than any of the other choices.

That said, Carrie is one of my all time favorite movies. It set the standard for Horror movies centered around misunderstood teens and the repercussions of ignorance. Like a femake James Dean, with telekinesis and her period 24/7. I hardly think it was a "mediocre" film, personally, as it still stands as one of DePalma's best movies to date. You want a poor King book to film adaptation, look at Dreamcatcher.

MildPossession
The Grudge - didn't care for the remake, the original was nothing special but I would rather watch the original over the remake anyday

The Ring - enjoyed the remake, but the original is still my favourite

Boogeyman - yet to see this

Evil Dead - love it

Halloween Camp - Have not seen and probably will not bother

Psycho - Interesting to watch to see one of the first shot for shot remakes, but pointless boring film with no interesting atmosphere

People Under the Stairs - Enjoyed this movie

Cursed - yet to see

The Fog - One of my favourite horrors

Carrie - again, one of my favourites

I voted Carrie.

slayer
I voted Carrie althoug Evil Dead and the Fog are also very high on My list with People Under The Stairs

Wolfie
Evil Dead for me. Though I did enjoy Carrie and Cursed too.

tpaquin
That is such an arbirtrary list, but I'll go with Evil Dead.

b-dan
why is vince vaun morman bates i cant see him doing it i cant!!!!!!!!!!

WindDancer
Evil Dead

Solo
Evil Dead, hands down.

kmcdude
Pretty crap list to be honest(no pun intended)but Evil Dead got my vote.

Myth
Evil Dead. However, most of this list is crap and it really says something when you list the Psycho remake but not the original. erm

Vampy
if by horror you mean scarey then im wondering why peewee hermans great adventure isnt up there

kmcdude
stupid

The_Inevitable
Evil Dead, no contest.

And one more thing..I'll just say this...

The Grudge was really ****ing retarded,

Skorn254
Out of these horror movies the ring was the best.

BaronOBeefDip
Evil Dead. It's been years since I've seen it, so I don't remember much of it, but I think it's the best out of this list.

beta-wolf_101
The Fog its just such a classic

SlipknoT
Evil Dead Easily

paulwalkersgirl
I'd say The Ring, I think. big grin

Dr. Octagon
my vote-

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Kruegger/withinthewoods-avatars-ed2-hail.gif

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
You want a poor King book to film adaptation, look at Dreamcatcher.
Silver Bullet too.

beta-wolf_101
Originally posted by paulwalkersgirl
I'd say The Ring, I think. big grin I wish with all my might that I could get rid of every shred of that movie from the face of the planet.

papabeard
poor list, Hitchcocks Psycho ,

just wondering why would you put the inferior remake on your list, I assume you have not seen the original.

Pandemoniac
Haven't seen The Fog yet, but among the rest of the list; definitely Evil Dead. The only thing horror in it, especially compared to all those lame uninspired hollywood remakes, except for Carrie.

Darth_Rankkor
The Grudge Both remake and original are good (But I prefer the remake)
The Ring sames as above though on this one I prefer the original
The Boogeyman No opinion
Evil Dead first was nice. The sequels a pure comedy
Halloween Camp: Trevor vs Jason Never saw it
Psycho A typical serial killer movie, but I liked it
The People Under The Stairs nothing special and boring
Cursed Never saw it
The Fog Excellent movie though with a simple story. From the time Carpenter still made good movies
Carrie A good movie but not that scary

evildeaddesigns
In that list........ I chose EVIL DEAD.
People under the stairs is also awesome!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.