"Neither Can Live While The Other Survives" -- CMB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

babysooner13
Hey you all. I have a question about our little prophecy. But first, let me say this. I know there is another thread just like this, but I believe that I am on a different but also similar subject. This thread is going to make you think about all of your decisions. Please do not close this. If it is closed, I know a better place than KMC to post this. THX.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord Approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

When the prophecy says, "Neither can live while the other survives," didn't you notice that that can be referring to Neville and Harry? Because it may not be Harry and Voldemort who have to die. They only have one choice -- either Harry and Voldemort die or they both live. But what if that's not the truth? What if Harry isn't thinking about how Neville could have been "the boy who lived"? What if Harry and Neville can't live while one of them dies? What if the prophecy has two meanings? Because, it could have been Neville too.

I'm asking to please give me your thoughts and answers. No bad comments or ruining this thread if not asked. I know that Neville and Harry do not end up killing eachother, so you know.

TheSun
Originally posted by babysooner13
Hey you all. I have a question about our little prophecy. But first, let me say this. I know there is another thread just like this, but I believe that I am on a different but also similar subject. This thread is going to make you think about all of your decisions. Please do not close this. If it is closed, I know a better place than KMC to post this. THX.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord Approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

When the prophecy says, "Neither can live while the other survives," didn't you notice that that can be referring to Neville and Harry? Because it may not be Harry and Voldemort who have to die. They only have one choice -- either Harry and Voldemort die or they both live. But what if that's not the truth? What if Harry isn't thinking about how Neville could have been "the boy who lived"? What if Harry and Neville can't live while one of them dies? What if the prophecy has two meanings? Because, it could have been Neville too.

I'm asking to please give me your thoughts and answers. No bad comments or ruining this thread if not asked. I know that Neville and Harry do not end up killing eachother, so you know.
We've already been told it's Harry and Voldemort.

babysooner13
Originally posted by TheSun
We've already been told it's Harry and Voldemort.

From who? You know, if it's in the books, then you never know, JKR might be planning to change some things around. Remember, Dumbledore dies in HBP, so Neville might dramatically come into the picture. I'm saying what I think.

babysooner13
CLOSE IT DOWN... FINE! I GIVE! I DON'T CARE.... GO AHEAD MODERATORS! SPARE ME! LOL. NO SERIOUSLY, SHUT IT DOWN.

TheSun
From who? You know, if it's in the books, then you never know, JKR might be planning to change some things around. Remember, Dumbledore dies in HBP, so Neville might dramatically come into the picture. I'm saying what I think.
JKR told us.

ladygrim
no expression

TheSun
Originally posted by ladygrim
no expression
What does this mean?

babysooner13
Originally posted by TheSun
What does this mean?

man, i thought this was closed. what does that mean anyway??? come on, i give moderators! close it down!

DanZeke25
JKR told us no expression

RoguePw25
man, i thought this was closed. what does that mean anyway??? come on, i give moderators! close it down!

Well if you insists! Closing.

Plus, there's already a thread on this, on this page. HERE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.