Question..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fionnuala
If you've lied about something to someone is it better to tell them or hope they never find out the truth?....becuase I can't take feeling so guilty anymore..it's killing me...but I don't want to lose them...my life could be made hell if I tell the truth... confused

Uneeklyconfused
honesty is the best policy ..

its better to hurt someone with the truth ...

CURIOUS22
what did you lie about?

Disco Moose
Originally posted by Fionnuala
If you've lied about something to someone is it better to tell them or hope they never find out the truth?....becuase I can't take feeling so guilty anymore..it's killing me...but I don't want to lose them...my life could be made hell if I tell the truth... confused

Yes....tell the truth...

Fionnuala
Originally posted by CURIOUS22
what did you lie about? I made something up based on truth...sad

§P0oONY
Your desision...

Just show them the thread to help them understand how hard it was to decide if you tell them the truth

carnival_junkie
Better to hurt someone with the truth than have them hurt even worse later when they find out the lie.

Talk to them.

I'm sure they wont be pleased about you lying to them, but it will be better than if they found out the truth later.

Fionnuala

a1hsauce
tell them the truth. its better than carrying the weight of guilt on your shoulders.. and itll hurt the person, but itll also mean alot to them to know you had the balls to tell them the truth

Burner
Yes, tell the truth, much better then acting like it never happened.

Oiram62205
secrets are nice but you started this thread so obviously somethings up

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Oiram62205
secrets are nice but you started this thread so obviously somethings up I can't stand lying to anyone...I always feel guilty and confess staright away....but this time it's so big.....

CURIOUS22
the truth...its the only way. if they find our later and you didnt tell them it will cause worse pain and more problems.

CURIOUS22
may i ask what the lie is? i may be able to help you tell it to them in the best way.

carnival_junkie
Thanks..that's good advice....I've written it in an email so I'm trying to get the courage to send it...confused

email isnt always the best choice, but whatever makes it so that you can break the news to them.

good luck, sweetie.

SimpleSeduction

Tell them, because they WILL find out and it will be about 100x worse than if you had just told them

Fionnuala
Originally posted by CURIOUS22
may i ask what the lie is? i may be able to help you tell it to them in the best way. Sorry..it's kind of personal...Originally posted by carnival_junkie
email isnt always the best choice, but whatever makes it so that you can break the news to them.

good luck, sweetie. Probably not...but I'm not brave enough to do it any other way bag

Thank you...

Oiram62205
I can't stand lying to anyone...I always feel guilty and confess staright away....but this time it's so big.....
whats is done in the dark will always come to light

CURIOUS22
it will be ok....everything always works out for the best......the guilt isnt worht it.....trust me. and if they cant forgive you....maybe it wasnt meant to be. y aknow?

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Oiram62205
whats is done in the dark will always come to light I know..Originally posted by CURIOUS22
it will be ok....everything always works out for the best......the guilt isnt worht it.....trust me. and if they cant forgive you....maybe it wasnt meant to be. y aknow? Thanks

CURIOUS22
i hope it all works out. it will be hard....trust me ive been there. but it always works out.

Fionnuala
Thanks everyone..I've done it now so...yup..time to face the music..

CURIOUS22
good for you.....thats best. let me know if you need to talk after the results are in. best of luck sweetie

Scoobless
um.... am i the only person who would consider sticking to the lie?

if there is a high likelyhood of them finding out then tell them, if you are the only one that knows you've lied and the only way they will find out is if you tell them then why hurt them?

i know everyone says honesty is the best policy, but sometimes it is better all round to be dis-honest (not often... only occasionaly)

at the end of the day it's all about whether you think hurting someone for the sake of you not felling guilty is worth it... you started the lie, why make them suffer for it?

not trying to be a dick... smile .... let us know how it turns out

CURIOUS22
i agree with you.....sometimes. i lied once and now that its been so long and all.....it would be stupid for me to come out and say it. ya know....whats done is done in my case and its in the past. i have to deal with which sucks, but i did the wrong thing in the first place. if i were to tell the person now, we would both be so hurt that life would seem pointless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.