The Brits have a device that keeps bombs from going off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
Hypothetically speaking, could the reason for the bombs not going off today, be a top secret device that prevents some explosives from igniting.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hypothetically speaking, could the reason for the bombs not going off today, be a top secret device that prevents some explosives from igniting.

That's just conspiracy littered crap. Did you ever think of the possibility that they were duds?

Ushgarak
Piece of advice- always go for the simplest solution first, before complication.

So if a bomb doesn't go off, it is because it is broken. IF you can prove it was not broken then you have grounds to look for another answer.

PVS
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
That's just conspiracy littered crap. Did you ever think of the possibility that they were duds?

i find this much more believable than some mystical top secret device.

common sense: all the bombs were rigged by the same idiot, thus he made the same mistake with all of them.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS
i find this much more believable than some mystical top secret device.

common sense: all the bombs were rigged by the same idiot, thus he made the same mistake with all of them.

He who rigged the duds is gonna be fired from the Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in London...by fired, I mean executed. big grin

Shakyamunison
laughing

I'm just having fun.

PVS
He who rigged the duds is gonna be fired from the Secret Organization of al-Qaeda in London...by fired, I mean executed. big grin

i would prefer a good hanging for him.

but i doubt it was al qaeda. if it was then all or most of the bombs would have detinated and this would have been a disaster.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by PVS
i would prefer a good hanging for him.

but i doubt it was al qaeda. if it was then all or most of the bombs would have detinated and this would have been a disaster.

I agree with that as well. There's the possibility of it being an amatuer copy cat trying to stir the pot of this conflict.

whirlysplat
I'm a Londoner and I don't want anyone executed.

Its a flawed system, if you get it wrong you can never put it right.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by whirlysplat
I'm a Londoner and I don't want anyone executed.

Its a flawed system, if you get it wrong you can never put it right.

No one died. It would be a shame if someone did afterward.

Dagons Blade

Good for HIM...couldn't happen to a nicer guy smile

Posted by PVS.

Thank God for idiots then huh? wink

Primitive Screwhead
You know... doesn't matter if the bombs went off are not. Fact of the matter is, the bombs were in place to potentially cause significant damage. That seems to be indicative of a bigger problem... the fact that security (or lack thereof) allowed a potential repeat to happen so close to the last one. THAT'S what I find disturbing.

Dagons Blade
Indeed, Primitive Screwhead. It's indicative of a bigger problem. Anyone remember when those bombs were lost in the airport in France a while back? Dummy bombs placed as part of a test. Now there was a good one....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead
You know... doesn't matter if the bombs went off are not. Fact of the matter is, the bombs were in place to potentially cause significant damage. That seems to be indicative of a bigger problem... the fact that security (or lack thereof) allowed a potential repeat to happen so close to the last one. THAT'S what I find disturbing.

I think you are correct, but what do we do? I cynically wonder if the government wants it to happen. The only time you get any clues is when a bomb goes off, or not in this case, and the public fear can help politically.

RedAlertv2
no kidding. Kind of like how bush used 9/11 as a way to advance his agenda of invading Iraq.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
no kidding. Kind of like how bush used 9/11 as a way to advance his agenda of invading Iraq.

How do you know that?

I have heard that too, but it make no sense. There was too many different governments saying the same thing.

Conspiracy theories are almost alway the manipulation of an unseen power. Who would gain if people believed such a thing?

Imperial_Samura
Well alot of evidence seems to indicate (by the many insider books put out anyway) that one way of another Bush wanted to go into Iraq from day one. I think it mainly came to light when he added Iraq to the War on Terror despite there being no links to Al Qaeda to begin with, all that faulty intelligence and so forth...

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Well alot of evidence seems to indicate (by the many insider books put out anyway) that one way of another Bush wanted to go into Iraq from day one. I think it mainly came to light when he added Iraq to the War on Terror despite there being no links to Al Qaeda to begin with, all that faulty intelligence and so forth...

First of all, I don't know anything, but things don't add up.

1. You maybe right, Bush could have been wanted to go into Iraq. However, the Russians had a lot to loose and did, and they said that Iraq had WMDs. This don't fit your theory.

2. That large convoy of trucks that left Iraq just before the war and went into Syria. What was up with that?

3. There are a lot of angry Dims in the US (BTW I am a Dim, but I'm not controlled by anger) and I wonder is their someone using this anger to their political advantage. It's just a feeling on the back of my neck.

Like I said I don't know, and I have better things to think about.

jaden101

its funny because its true...although not in the context you are meaning

sometimes terrorist use mobile phones to set off bombs...in these instances the police and anti terror units deploy signal jammers that give a blanket coverage to all mobiles in a small area

so technically they do have devices to stop bombs going off...

Bicnarok

Bardock42

I can just picture that:

Bomb Guy: Err you know...that Blue wire you said I should connect with the Yellow...well...I did not

*Blam*

What if the guy was colour blind....its a hard life as terrorist sad

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42
I can just picture that:

Bomb Guy: Err you know...that Blue wire you said I should connect with the Yellow...well...I did not

*Blam*

What if the guy was colour blind....its a hard life as terrorist sad

Are you speaking from experience? laughing

Bardock42
Are you speaking from experience? laughing

Yeah just got shot yesterday stick out tongue

Oh you mean as terrorist...no...no of course not...please don't tell the CIA cry

whirlysplat
Scary thing is things like Nitro C and G are very easy to makesad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.