Team Sidious vs. Team Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthGenises
Team Sids:
ROTS Darth Sidious
AOTC Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Asajj Ventress
General Grevious (Clone Wars)

Team Yoda:
Yoda
Mace Windu
ROTS Obi-Wan
ROTS Anikan
Plo Koon

Srry if its been done I checked and didn't see it.

Darth Windu
I doubt that it's been done, lol. But I think Yoda's team takes this.

Yoda vs. Sidious- Long fight
Mace vs. Dooku- Long fight
Obi-Wan vs. Maul- Obi-Wan
Plo Koon vs. Assaj Ventress- Long fight?
Anakin vs. Grievous- Anakin

So this would leave Anakin and Obi-Wan to assist whoever they wished, which would probably be Mace and Plo Koon, leaving Sidious to fend off five Jedi. Plo Koon might die in the process, but they'll win.

Human Vader
This is tough, Mace vs Dooku always is. Dooku beat Mace, Mace beat Sidious (I don't care what that damn book says). So logic would say Dooku>Sidious, yet Sidious is the master. However one would look at that and see that Sidious is the master, so he'd be better than Dooku, also leading one to believe that Dooku would be pwned easily by Mace. Ahh the tangled webs the EU weaves. That's all I have to say, I don't feel like typing more, good fight though.

Darth Windu
Dooku beat Sidious at least fifteen years before ROTS, meaning both gained great power since the time. In Dark Rendezvous, Yoda says only Mace could stand against Dooku on solid ground.

Human Vader
Dooku beat Sidious? You mean Mace perhaps? And yes it was fifteen years before the fall of the Republic, but still even with Yoda saying that, theres still a flaw. Saying Mace is the only one who could face Dooku on solid ground would be saying Yoda can't either, yet I'm sure most of us can agree that Yoda would have beat Sidious in other circumstances. That's why I'm beginning to beleive Mace is better than Yoda. But let's turn our attention back to the fight now, save this discussion for another thread.

DarthGenises
I personally think Greivous would crush Anikan. Maul would hold Obi off until Greivous comes in etc...

LordSorgo
Dooku would rip Mace to shreds. There is no questioning that. Mace just can't compare to Dooku's experience.

DarthGenises
Dooku barley beat Mace when he was on the light side what makes you think he can do it now that hes a sith

LordSorgo
Originally posted by DarthGenises
Dooku barley beat Mace when he was on the light side what makes you think he can do it now that hes a sith

Dooku was also younger and he didn't use Form II. After Dooku completly mastered Form II and gained several gallons of Experience, i guarentee he could crush Mace. And he didn't do all that bad in the fight with Mace. And if Sidious can defeat Mace, i guarentee Dooku can.

DarthGenises
You have that backwards

Darth Windu
Yes, Human Vader, I meant Dooku beat Mace. And I thought that what I said was apparent. I guess I worded it wrong.

In the book, Yoda fights Dooku on the mountainous slopes on Vjun. There Yoda says that on even ground, the only OTHER Jedi who could stand against Dooku is Mace. Hope that clears it up.

I personally think that Dooku and Mace's saber skills are a little bit better swordsman on their own than Yoda. Yoda is so good because of his mastery of the Force. This essentially puts him on par with the two, if not better. However, imagine Yoda without the Force fueling his every move in a saber fight. Doubtless, he is right there with Dooku and Mace, but I think either could hold him off in a stalemate for a bit.

And Sorgo, Dooku did use Form II. He used it all his life. And if he was younger and gained more experience, Mace definetely did, too. He invented Vaapad as a teenager, before Dooku mastered, or even came close to mastering Makashi.

MAKASHIMAN
Yoda is an alien species we don't know if he walks the way he does just to save energy. That whole "Yoda needs the force to fight" is contradictad in the movie atoc when he fights count yhe pushes counts saber away with his own pyshical strength. I say again because he is an alien we cannot ever really know his limits only GL. Where's the political forum?

Illustrious
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Dooku was also younger and he didn't use Form II. After Dooku completly mastered Form II and gained several gallons of Experience, i guarentee he could crush Mace. And he didn't do all that bad in the fight with Mace. And if Sidious can defeat Mace, i guarentee Dooku can.

Dooku left the Jedi Order about 13 years prior to ROTS. Their last fight was a while ago. It is mentioned that Dooku beat him, but it is unsure how much. It is also unsure how much Mace has progressed in that time, and we are left to assume he has. Mace is formidable, as shown in Shatterpoint, and by Yoda's own assessment, Mace and Dooku would be a great fight.

To say something like Dooku would for sure beat Mace when all we know is that Dooku has defeated him once is pretty ignorant.

Serra_Keto
You have that backwards

happy

Darth Somebody
Count Dooku would have also gotten better during the years. Consider it like a chess-player who starts out exceptionally when he is young. And then as he gets older and plays more - he becomes more talented and experience. Of course swordplay requires more physical movement and Count Dooku is an old man...

But as I was saying. We do know that Count Dooku has defeated Mace in the past. We do know that Mace has not defeated Count Dooku. It is evident that as he grew older, Mace became stronger in both the Force and swordplay than he was when he was younger.

Count Dooku is of course - physically weaker than Mace. But his experience in swordplay and fencing is beyond Mace. Mace is in his prime in terms of peek physical condition. But Dooku is still powerful enough in swordplay experience and Force.

I would have to say if both fought one another in their prime - Dooku would win. Perhaps in Revenge of The Sith, Mace would've won. But contrary to those who believe otherwise, Dooku would not be an easy fight for him.

Darth Somebody
Now. As so many people pointed out, Mace could've beaten Dooku because Count Dooku is Darth Sidious's apprentice - and Mace defeated Sidious in combat.

However. Dooku left The Jedi Order shortly after The Phantom Menace. Meaning he was already a Jedi Knight. It said he would've been on the Council had he not been so rebellious. So it is clear that Dooku needed no more education in combat.

So it may very well have been that Dooku could've possibly been a superior duelist to Sidious - or on an equal level. But Sidious's knowledge of the Force exceeds just about everyone - except for Yoda. That coupled with a lack of true ambition to become the Sith Master, could have been the reason Dooku remained an apprentice.

Now.

It could also be stated that Sidious did indeed throw the fight against Mace Windu. Comparing how he battled against Yoda to how he battled against Mace shows a greater level of power and combat ability when he fought Yoda.

Perhaps he underestimated Mace. Because he fought against Yoda harder and smarter. Or he could've very well thrown the fight for Anakin's intervention.

Do remember. If Anakin slayed Windu, he would've had no choice but to join Sidious. Not to mention he believed Sidious had the power to save Padme.

LordSorgo
You have that backwards

If you are saying that Mace has more experience than Dooku, you're hilarious. Dooku has YEARS of experience on Mace. Dooku was a Jedi when Mace was in his early twenties. And yes, sure it would be a good fight, but Mace just doesn't have the experience to pull it off.

Mace's style consists of powerful attacks to kill your opponent quickly. Not very much focus is concentrated in this style, but more of your emotion put into it, meanwhile with Dooku's form, which consists of sleek blocks and fast movements and very focused attacks and defense, i think Dooku would rip Mace to shreds.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth Somebody
Now. As so many people pointed out, Mace could've beaten Dooku because Count Dooku is Darth Sidious's apprentice - and Mace defeated Sidious in combat.

However. Dooku left The Jedi Order shortly after The Phantom Menace. Meaning he was already a Jedi Knight. It said he would've been on the Council had he not been so rebellious. So it is clear that Dooku needed no more education in combat.

So it may very well have been that Dooku could've possibly been a superior duelist to Sidious - or on an equal level. But Sidious's knowledge of the Force exceeds just about everyone - except for Yoda. That coupled with a lack of true ambition to become the Sith Master, could have been the reason Dooku remained an apprentice.

Now.

It could also be stated that Sidious did indeed throw the fight against Mace Windu. Comparing how he battled against Yoda to how he battled against Mace shows a greater level of power and combat ability when he fought Yoda.

Perhaps he underestimated Mace. Because he fought against Yoda harder and smarter. Or he could've very well thrown the fight for Anakin's intervention.

Do remember. If Anakin slayed Windu, he would've had no choice but to join Sidious. Not to mention he believed
Sidious had the power to save Padme.

Mace defeated Sidious? Well, i wont get into that, i don't want another arguement. Dooku is probably beyond Sidious in swordplay and Dooku has that dangerous super kick! :P the kick that sends anakin flying on Grievous' ship.

LordSorgo
I mean, isn't Yoda a better swordsman than Mace? And as i recall, Dooku stood a perfect ground with Yoda when he fought him. Dooku never lost the fight to Yoda, he had the plans of the Death Star on him so he fled.

xxxpoppunker182
i'd say mace beats dooku because yes dooku has gained experinc and everything since he was good BUT vaapad would give mace the upper hand being as mace also gained lots of experence from when they last fought and with vaapad giving him the upper hand.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
i'd say mace beats dooku because yes dooku has gained experinc and everything since he was good BUT vaapad would give mace the upper hand being as mace also gained lots of experence from when they last fought and with vaapad giving him the upper hand.

I wonder what Vapaad is... OH! It's that thing that the fans make up and the thing that Nick Gillard stated did not exist in the SFLC.

And Dooku has mastered Makashi. ALSO what makes you think Dooku didn't gain experience when they fought? He won, didn't he?

Darth Windu
MAKASHIMAN, Yoda sure used the Force in that fight a LOT. When he pushed the Count away, it was not on his own strength. Read the novelization, or just watch it again. And do you think Yoda could fight off Dooku, or do his flips and spins if didn't have the Force? Now of course, evry Jedi uses the Force, but they don't all need to use it to fully power their every move.

Darth Windu
Vaapad is in two EU books, Shatterpoint and Labyrinth of Evil. Those are officially canon, whether you like it or not. And of course Dooku's mastered Makashi, he's been practicing it for the past 70, 80 years.

DarthGenises
Could we get back on topic here?

Admiral Akbar
This is an exeptionally hard fight, because these two are both my favorite jedi/sith. Dooku has powerful and swift attacks, and help him keep his distance, so that he doesnt get slashed in the face. Mace windu is a swordsmaster that fights an opponent up close, with much more powerful and physical movment. Therefore, if mace had dooku cornered continuously mace would evidently win the battle because he would could find hit him where he is weak. But if Dooku fights wise, and keeps himself from getting to close to mace windu, then after a long tired, crazy, bloody, nasty fight dooku would slay mace.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by LordSorgo
Mace defeated Sidious? Well, i wont get into that, i don't want another arguement. Dooku is probably beyond Sidious in swordplay and Dooku has that dangerous super kick! :P the kick that sends anakin flying on Grievous' ship.

I say that to placate the masses, Lord Sorgo. In my opinion, Sidious was holding out against Mace, but it is not a popular opinion amongst many Star Wars fans. I am understanding that Sidious is very much hated around here. But though proof could indicate very well that Sidious was toying with him.

But I suppose we'll never know.

kamikz
I think Yoda's team takes this slightly.
Sidious vs Yoda= stand still
Mace vs Dooku= Stand still
Obi vs Maul= Obi
Plo vs Assaj= Plo
Anaknin vs Grievous= Anakin
Then Sids and Dooku is owned.
Anyway everyone says that it was 13 years ago when Dooku beated Mace and that he would have become much better since and might be able to beat Dooku. I have a question for you. How old is Mace in ROTS, about 60 right. Well if he was around 50 in episode 1 he was still barley in his prime and Dooku was, well old. Dooku beated him and then he disappeared. Everyone now thinks that Mace would have become much better since that fight and would kill Dooku at this time. Well why does everyone say that Obi-Wan is the best he could get in ROTS when he is about 30 and wont become any better? Can someone please tell me Mace's age. He can't be young cause he was the second oldest member of the jedi counsil after Dooku.

MAKASHIMAN
I am, saying that Yoda is an alien we don't know his limits only GL and he will never tell.

Darth Windu
Mace is 53 in ROTS, and 40 in TPM. And what are you talking about with his age on the Council? he's one of the younger members there. Obi-Wan is 38 in ROTS, and Dooku is 83. The man has 30 years on Mace. And Dooku didn't beat him and disappear, he beat him years before TPM, when they were both much younger, Mace in his twenties or thirties and Dooku in his fifties or sixties or so.
But what does this have to with the thread.

BTW, Plo Koon would probably lose to Ventress. He has a chance, but I don't know. She beat Kit Fisto, and almost took Obi-Wan and Anakin. (Separately, of course)

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Darth Windu
Vaapad is in two EU books, Shatterpoint and Labyrinth of Evil. Those are officially canon, whether you like it or not. And of course Dooku's mastered Makashi, he's been practicing it for the past 70, 80 years.

Books are not Canon! George Lucas says this himself on ET! Books are made by other authors and have no association to Lucas or the movies. Hell, even the ROTS book had shit on it that didn't happen in the movie! Don't try to tell me books are canon because you are sorely wrong.

LordSorgo
Mace is 53 in ROTS, and 40 in TPM. And what are you talking about with his age on the Council? he's one of the younger members there. Obi-Wan is 38 in ROTS, and Dooku is 83. The man has 30 years on Mace. And Dooku didn't beat him and disappear, he beat him years before TPM, when they were both much younger, Mace in his twenties or thirties and Dooku in his fifties or sixties or so.
But what does this have to with the thread.

BTW, Plo Koon would probably lose to Ventress. He has a chance, but I don't know. She beat Kit Fisto, and almost took Obi-Wan and Anakin. (Separately, of course)

Yeah but no one has seen what Plo can do.

Darth Windu
Sorgo. . . I don't need to make an enemy out of you, but the books are certainly official. Note that this is the EU section, too.

General Zodiac
Originally posted by Human Vader
Dooku beat Sidious? You mean Mace perhaps? And yes it was fifteen years before the fall of the Republic, but still even with Yoda saying that, theres still a flaw. Saying Mace is the only one who could face Dooku on solid ground would be saying Yoda can't either, yet I'm sure most of us can agree that Yoda would have beat Sidious in other circumstances. That's why I'm beginning to beleive Mace is better than Yoda. But let's turn our attention back to the fight now, save this discussion for another thread.

Yoda lost to Sidious because he is over 800 years old. He needs a cane to walk and he uses form IV because it defies old age.
Anakin would be defeated by Grievous because only the greatest Jedi Masters can predict his next move and Anakin has no exp to defeat Grievous. Obi-Wan would defeat Maul since he beat him in TPM as a Padawan and now he's a Jedi Master.
Dooku would beat Mace like he did before expect this time he is even greater and stronger then he was. Anakin proved a lot stronger then Plo and he had trouble defeating Assaj so Plo will get killed.
Now the last fight depends. If Sidious is in an area where he can use the field to his edge then Sidious would win other then that it would be Yoda.
Yoda vs. Sidious= Depends
Mace vs. Dooku= Dooku
Obi-Wan vs. Maul= Obi-Wan
Anakin vs. Grievous= Grievous
Plo vs. Assaj= Plo
Obi-Wan and/or Yoda vs. Dooku, Grievous, Assaj, and/or Sidious= The Sith

Darth Windu
Yoda lost because of old age? Somewhat true. But no. Sidious was smarter, and used the field to his advantage. And no way in HELL does Ataru defy age. It utilizies the most flips, spins, and physically impossible acrobatics of all the forms. I don't know what your talking about.

Anakin would defeat Grievous. Obi-Wan took time because he was conservative; a Soresu Master. Anakin is a Master of Djem So, an aggressive form, so he would press the attack against Grievous and eventually win. Not easily, but he will. Doesn't have experience? He fought and killed Assaj Ventress, dueled Dooku twice and killed him the second time, became a Jedi Knight without going through the trials, etc. He had a LOT of experience. And, oh, Anakin killed those great Jedi Masters. With so much foresight.

Mace would have improved greatly as well as Dooku, after practicing and perfecting his fighting style and learning about the Force. Dooku learned more force-wise, but even if he did take Mace, it would be an impossibly hard battle. In Dark Rendezvous, Yoda stated that out of all the other Jedi, Mace was Dooku's only equal, meaning the battle could go either way.

General Zodiac
Grievous defeated 4 Jedi Masters and a Jedi Padawan at once. Dooku held back the second time. And yes Yoda's age had everything to do with the fall. If he was in his prime he wouldn't have had to retreat. And again Yoda's form did help him fight because it uses the force. Yoda can barely walk as shown in ATOC (little shuttle thing) and ROTS (Chewbacca carried him) and form IV allows him to fight greater then he would with any other form. Anakin's form focuses on attack which will be his downfall because Grievous would be able to keep 2 lightsabers attacking and 2 lightsabers defending. Obi-Wan won because he was on the defense and waited till an opening. And Assaj was not a sith only a Dark Jedi as Dooku stated.

Nai Fohl
Team Sids:
ROTS Darth Sidious
AOTC Count Dooku
Darth Maul
Asajj Ventress
General Grevious (Clone Wars)

Team Yoda:
Yoda
Mace Windu
ROTS Obi-Wan
ROTS Anikan
Plo Koon

Srry if its been done I checked and didn't see it.

Sidious vs Yoda = long fight (Yoda would win)
Dooku vs Mace = long fight (Mace would win)
Obi-Wan vs Maul = Obi-Wan
ROTS Anakin vs Asajj Ventress = Anakin (he already defeated her between AotC and ROTS)
Plo Koon vs Grievious = don't know (I think Plo Koon) but it will last longer than Anakins or Obi-Wans fights.

So you end with Dooku and Mace / Yoda and Sidious still fighting. Obi-Wan and Anakin finished their fights and will aid Plo Koon and Mace so that Dooku and GG will get down fast.

Then you have Sidious vs Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Plo Koon with Sidious going down.

Darth Windu
Zodiac, you underestimate Anakin. Sure, Ventress was no Sith, but she almost killed Kenobi two, three times. And General Grievous did fight off four Jedi; then he got killed by one. Obi-Wan did kill GG, but he was hard-pressed against Anakin. And as you saw, Skywalker's ruthless. He'd use the Force in every way he could to bring down GG, and his darkness and anger would fuel his attacks. Yes, Dooku did hold back, but Anakin must have had something on him if he disarmed him. I'm sure that wasn't part of Dooku's plan. And the General would need all four weapons to simply defend against Anakin. He'd have no time for counter-attacks. Mace Windu offed GG in less than a minute. I think Anakin could take him, if not with great difficulty.

*sigh* Where's Janus when you need him?

Fishy
Asleep?

Still GG would do far much better against Anakin then against Obi, let there be no mistake about that. He would still lose however. Anakin would throw the ***** around with the force and he would let his anger control him.

DarthGenises
Zodiac, you underestimate Anakin. Sure, Ventress was no Sith, but she almost killed Kenobi two, three times. And General Grievous did fight off four Jedi; then he got killed by one. Obi-Wan did kill GG, but he was hard-pressed against Anakin. And as you saw, Skywalker's ruthless. He'd use the Force in every way he could to bring down GG, and his darkness and anger would fuel his attacks. Yes, Dooku did hold back, but Anakin must have had something on him if he disarmed him. I'm sure that wasn't part of Dooku's plan. And the General would need all four weapons to simply defend against Anakin. He'd have no time for counter-attacks. Mace Windu offed GG in less than a minute. I think Anakin could take him, if not with great difficulty.

*sigh* Where's Janus when you need him?

WTF! Windu offed GG in less than a minute because he nearly crushed his body in two because a door nearly broke him in half hence the cough from the movie. Which is why he probably lost to Obi-Wan and because of his style. And WHAT THE HELL are you talking about Dooku didn't hold back he completely threw the fight. But Anikan is uderrated I will give you that.

Darth Windu
. . . Did you read Labyrinth of Evil? Mace knocks GG off a mag-lev in less than a minute, I dunno what you're talking about with the door, etc. And Dooku did hold back, ask the novel, ask GL, ask anyone here with sense. The Sith Lords were testing Anakin, but Dooku was arrogant and greatly undersetimated him, as do many people here. Where did I say he didn't? Calm down, learn some grammar, and learn to read.

DarthGenises
I am talking about the Clone Wars and no I have not yet read the Labyrinth of Evil. Read my post all the way through but Dooku didn't just hold back he barely even tried.

Captain REX
You need to watch that episode again, Gensises; he doesn't crush him with a door. He crumples his life support system with the Force.

LordSorgo
Originally posted by Arbiter
Yoda lost to Sidious because he is over 800 years old. He needs a cane to walk and he uses form IV because it defies old age.
Anakin would be defeated by Grievous because only the greatest Jedi Masters can predict his next move and Anakin has no exp to defeat Grievous. Obi-Wan would defeat Maul since he beat him in TPM as a Padawan and now he's a Jedi Master.
Dooku would beat Mace like he did before expect this time he is even greater and stronger then he was. Anakin proved a lot stronger then Plo and he had trouble defeating Assaj so Plo will get killed.
Now the last fight depends. If Sidious is in an area where he can use the field to his edge then Sidious would win other then that it would be Yoda.
Yoda vs. Sidious= Depends
Mace vs. Dooku= Dooku
Obi-Wan vs. Maul= Obi-Wan
Anakin vs. Grievous= Grievous
Plo vs. Assaj= Plo
Obi-Wan and/or Yoda vs. Dooku, Grievous, Assaj, and/or Sidious= The Sith

Yoda did not lose because he was 800 years old. Watch the movie again. He does more flips than a seizuring gerbil.

You do not know if Obi would defeat Maul.

ANYTHING can happen on the battlefield.

And the books ARE NOT CANON! George Lucas says this himself! But i suppose that doesn't matter, now does it?

I guess it could because he FRIGGIN' OWNS THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE!

rob skywalker
TEAM YODA BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE CHOSEN ONE

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by rob skywalker
TEAM YODA BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE CHOSEN ONE

What kind of perverted fuc**king answer is that.
OH yeah and team Yoda has Yoda and he could own all of them byhimself.
OH AND OBI WAN WOULD BEAT THEM ALL TO BECUZ... He.... HE TRAINED THE CHOSEN ONE< WOW OMG!!

Darth Windu
NO YODA WOULD PWN3D EVRYONBE CAZ NHE TRAINED STAR WARS AND DART VADER WHO IS THE ALMIGHTY CHOSEN ONE WHO COULD BEAT REVAN AND SADOW AND RAGNOS AND EXAR AND EVERYONE AT ONCE CUZ HE'S ALMIGHTY OMG> OMG!!!!!! AND REVAN SUCKS> GRIEVOUS COULD TAKE HIM> AND TPM ANNNIE COULD TAKE ALL CUZ HE'S IN EVERY MOVIE< I LOVE HIM< OMG!!!!!

Fishy
TPM Annie isn't in every movie...

Darth Windu

MAKASHIMAN
Qui-Gonn is a beligerant old fool. The prophecy is crap. Team Yoda would win because Yoda,Obi,Plo, and Mace. Anakin is a little whiny baby, all Dooku would have to do is tell him he's the father of the twins and Anakin would fall down and cry.

DarthGenises
Originally posted by MAKASHIMAN
Qui-Gonn is a beligerant old fool. The prophecy is crap. Team Yoda would win because Yoda,Obi,Plo, and Mace. Anakin is a little whiny baby, all Dooku would have to do is tell him he's the father of the twins.

So your calling GL a liar

MAKASHIMAN
He never said Anakin was the ''CHOSEN ONE" it was just suspected by the jedi. Yoda said in rots "misread the prophecy may have been".

DarthGenises
Actually GL said ask anyone

MAKASHIMAN
Anakin is a moron he could never reach his full potential because he dosen't truly understand the force and could never control himself.

DarthGenises
I know but he did kill the sith

Fishy
Wow real impressive he threw the last one over a railing into a reactor core... Great power he has.

LordSorgo
NO YODA WOULD PWN3D EVRYONBE CAZ NHE TRAINED STAR WARS AND DART VADER WHO IS THE ALMIGHTY CHOSEN ONE WHO COULD BEAT REVAN AND SADOW AND RAGNOS AND EXAR AND EVERYONE AT ONCE CUZ HE'S ALMIGHTY OMG> OMG!!!!!! AND REVAN SUCKS> GRIEVOUS COULD TAKE HIM> AND TPM ANNNIE COULD TAKE ALL CUZ HE'S IN EVERY MOVIE< I LOVE HIM< OMG!!!!!

OMFG LYKE R3ALLY? H0LY SH!T, DEWD!

*Rolls eyes*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.