Optimus Prime vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

newjak86
Well all this talk of Unicron is driving me nuts. I personally hate the charater so to keep my sanity I'm making a thread on a person who i liked from the OG comics.
Now I know most people don't understand Prime so here is his stats.
He is roughlt 30 feet tall weighs around a fully loaded Semi 30 tons.
Strenght: 10 (He can lift many many times his own body weight which puts him in the 100+ ton range.)
Intelligence: 10 (He is very smart very shrewd.)
Hand to Hand: 10 (He is the best fighter on the Autobot side.)
Leadership: 10 (He is a master strategest)
Speed: 8 or 9 (He is very mobile for one his size meaning that if you think you will out flank him he can react just as fast.)
Durability: 10 (He can take large amounts of punishment without being injured. Also when determined to do something is almost unstoppable)
Firepower: 8 ( His weapon is a single handed power blaster capable of heavey fire at a great rate of fire.)
Just to let you know how some of these stats are showcased. Megatron who had a level ten firepower blasted someone a little smaller than Prime and sent him flying a roughly a mile or two away. But the person Shockwave had around level nine durability and just sat up from the attack unfazed.
Star scream who has level ten speed can travel faster roughly twice the speed of sound.
The rest are simple enough to figure out.
Of course we know what Thor is capable of.

newjak86
I think Prime has a chance but i want to know what other people think.

yahman
I've had this debate with my little bro so many times. He's big fan of transformers energon, he's got allhe toys and stuff. I've read somewhere that Optimus supreme once lifted an oilrig which would suggest that he may have strength to match Thor. But in every other department he is outclassed. Sorry Dude.

newjak86
Really well I'm talking OG transformers and why does Thor take it.

yahman
"Really well I'm talking OG transformers and why does Thor take it."

Id love to sit and debate and, i know how desperate you are to keep this thread going (its agood thread) but its nearly 5 in the morning where i am.

Just for sake of it what are the OG transformers

newjak86
The OG transformers are the Original Genration 1 or 2 USA Marvel. Now there is also a UK OG Marvel but I usally debate USA unless I say other wise.

masterbruce
I think Optimus Prime's mobility is his main weakness here, he may be fast for a 30foot robot, but that's not going to cut it against the god of thunder

Thor has god blast, mjolnir at his disposal and I believe Thor is more durable than Prime

Avalonofthewind
Is this prime with or without the matrix powers?

Darkstorm Zero
I'd say With, because without it, he's just Orion Pax... and that ain't gonna cut it.

grey fox
it would end with a godblast

newjak86
Yes but doesn't the godblast have to charge. Besides before could ever catch a breather Prime would be firing on Thor with a constant barage of fire. Also don't forget that Prime is no pushover in strength or durability. He also is a great battle field commander and h2h fighter plus he is very smart.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by newjak86
Yes but doesn't the godblast have to charge. Besides before could ever catch a breather Prime would be firing on Thor with a constant barage of fire. Also don't forget that Prime is no pushover in strength or durability. He also is a great battle field commander and h2h fighter plus he is very smart.

Yep, I'd put my money on Optimus for this one.

Solidus Snake
prime is more durable than thor and both are similar in strength (class 100 level) esp. if he lifted a rig.

primes blast can fry thor, but thor's godly resistance will allow him to take the brunt of them. if thor needs to charge his Godblast, he wont get to use it.

prime has awesome reflexes for a being his size, and his speed is phenomenal.

this is a great fight akin to thor fighting the frost giants.
i think thor will win 6/10

K3VIL
Thor outclass him in physical strenght and durability, plus his godly reflexes and superhuman speed (Adam Warlock stated the Thunder God is fast as the lightning he commands) will outclass Prime, but not with ease.OP is a master leader and tactician, great combatant too, not as Thor, but he'll show his own, but Uru is stronger than the metal OP is composed and when Thor will start to pummel him very hard, OP will be doomed.

GalacticStorm
Heres a better description of Optimus Primes powers:

Powers/Abilities: As a native Cybertronian, Optimus Prime possesses the various natural abilities and capabilities of all inhabitants of the planet. The average Cybertronian are sentient mechanical beings which bestows upon them extraordinary strength and durability that far surpasses most organic life forms. Optimus Prime however is considered to be one of the more powerful representatives of Cybertron, thus his strength and durability far exceed even the most average Cybertronians. It is estimated that he can lift weights in excess of over 100 tons (200,000 pounds) and is highly resistant to damage.

Like all members of his race, Optimus Prime is also extraordinarily long lived having been in activation for centuries. Theoretically, all Cybertronians are practically immortal; providing that they have access to sufficient energy that maintains their life functions and barring any accidents or suffering from catastrophic or irreparable damage to their mechanical bodies. In fact, Cybertronians can sustain surprising levels of damage, even the near total destruction of their bodies and can be effectively be restored to full function as long as some critical circuitry and components are not destroyed.

Optimus Prime is extremely intelligent and is regarded as a great inspirational and charismatic leader. He is also one of Cybertron's finest military commanders and is an expert in strategy and tactics. He is also an exceptional hand to hand combatant and a talented marksman with his personal weapon, a powerful laser cannon rifle.

Like all Cybertronians, Optimus Prime possesses the ability to reconfigure himself from a humanoid robotic form into another alternate mode. He was reconfigured to transform into an Earth style semi-truck cab. He also has a tractor trailer that attaches to him in his vehicular mode. This tractor trailer can convert itself into a mobile command station and possesses advanced communications stations, repair bays, and dual missile-launchers. The tractor trailer/mobile command station also carries a small reconnaissance module called Roller that he can control from over 1,200 miles away. He possesses a mental link to his other two components (the mobile command station and Roller) which enables him to control them but it also makes him vulnerable that he feels the pain if either of these modules are damaged.

Optimus Prime is also in possession of an ancient Cybertronian artifact known as the Matrix or alternatively the Matrix of Leadership. The Matrix, which apparently only responds to its true wielder possesses tremendous powers and abilities, not all of which are completely understood. It is said to contain the wisdom of former Leaders or "Primes" and may very well be the source from which Cybertronian life first evolved from.

GalacticStorm
I think Thor would win

newjak86
Thank you Galactic but why would Thor win. Normally i can count on you to give a detailed reason wht something happens.

GalacticStorm
I'll probably type up a full argument tomorrow. I just cant be bothered right now. I just have to save what energy i do have to type a reply to the pointless post KG's going to make on the phoenix thread lol.

Basically Thor can take what Optimus can dish out. Thors stronger, Mjolnir has mystical abilities which OP has no defence for. Plus Mjolnir can create instant storms, hurricanes, lightning and so on. Mystical energy bolts. It can absorb any energy blasts OP directs Thors way. Plus Thor could win through Battlefield removal.

OP just cant stand against such an arsenal IMO

newjak86
All very good points Galactic and I understand why you don't want to go in depth.
The only thing I will say for now is what about the Creation Matrix it is the very power of creation it's self do you think that it could somehow negate Thor's magical abilities.

GalacticStorm
All very good points Galactic and I understand why you don't want to go in depth.
The only thing I will say for now is what about the Creation Matrix it is the very power of creation it's self do you think that it could somehow negate Thor's magical abilities.

Doesnt OP need to save the power of the Matrix to utilise against Unicron? He wouldnt unleash its power to get himself out of a scrape with Thor would he? Does OP in the comics use the power as and when he pleases just to win battles with the decepticons? I didnt think he did but if you can prove me wrong then fair enough.

Thors arsenals just too vast, he's stronger, and he can take punishment if OP's energy attacks can bypass what Mjolnir doesnt absorb.

newjak86
Well I'm the thread starter and this is just them fighting neither one holding back. OP has used the Matrix to augment his Psionic powers for a short time so he can tap into it's powers somewhat. Of course though if you think about it the only reason he is so strong is that the Matrix grants him added strength otherwise he would be at average solider ability. Plus he has had more than a few centuries of combat experience. Think about it while they were first deactivated that lasted millions of years. When they awoke poeple they had been fighting back on Cybertron were still alive and before their crash the fighting between them had been raging for a very long time so he could very well have more battle time than Thor.

Dark Thor
optimus prime

GalacticStorm
Well I'm the thread starter and this is just them fighting neither one holding back. OP has used the Matrix to augment his Psionic powers for a short time so he can tap into it's powers somewhat. Of course though if you think about it the only reason he is so strong is that the Matrix grants him added strength otherwise he would be at average solider ability. Plus he has had more than a few centuries of combat experience. Think about it while they were first deactivated that lasted millions of years. When they awoke poeple thaey had been fighting back on Cybertron were still alive and before their crash the fighting between them had been raging for a very long time so he could very well have for battle time than Thor.

But then its obvious that you're doing that just so that OP a character from your treasured transformer comics will win lol. If he uses the matrixes power then its obvious that he would win. But under his own power he loses.

newjak86
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
But then its obvious that you're doing that just so that OP a character from your treasured transformer comics will win lol. If he uses the matrixes powerfull power then its obvious that he would win. But under his own power he loses.
Thats just it I'm not saying that he uses the Matrix to win by unleashing it's full power I'm just saying that it has made him as strong as he is now and that it could be used to negate Thor's magic changing how this battle is fought.

GalacticStorm
Thats just it I'm not saying that he uses the Matrix to win by unleashing it's full power I'm just saying that it has made him as strong as he is now and that it could be used to negate Thor's magic changing how this battle is fought.

Nope. All of the bios ive read and even from my own knowledge i know that OP was stronger than the average Transformer as standard. With the matrix he would be made even stronger. If the matrix is powerful enough to kill Unicron then obviously using it would make him the clear victor. Without it he loses.

Zahit
Optimus Prime wins if he gets that ridiculous "You Got The Touch"
song playing in the background.

newjak86
Yes he was still a very powerful warrior back in the day but it wasn't like his stats were out the roof like they are now. The Matrix was with him from the begining of the comics. It is the Matrix of Leadership basically it is given to the next leader of the autobots and it boosts thier powers. The idea is to take him how he normally is in a fight but I asked if he can use it to neagte Magic which I think it can. Meaning this would be fought more like a brawl kinda obvoiusly Thor could still use his magic for defence but offence would be taken out.

newjak86
Originally posted by Zahit
Optimus Prime wins if he gets that ridiculous "You Got The Touch"
song playing in the background.
That was funny but i want to keep this a serious debate. I truely feel that these two arwe more even then people are giving him credit for and that a fight between them would be classic.

The Faulken
As Zahit stated if Stan Bush's The Touch is playing Optimus Prime can't be beat big grin

Zahit
Thor versus a character from an 80's toy fad......real serious......

newjak86
No he is a comic book character. In fact the Prime I'm discussing is the Generation 1 and 2 Usa Version Comic published by Marvel.

GalacticStorm
Its speculation that the matrix can negate Thors magic. You dont know what its abilities are and neither does Optimus Prime. All he knows is that through it his standard abilities got a bit of a boost. His application of it would be amateur at best

Not enough to take out Thor who knows exactly how to use Mjolnir to deadly effect.

Zahit
My Little Pony was made into comics too.......

newjak86
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Its speculation that the matrix can negate Thors magic. You dont know what its abilities are and neither does Optimus Prime. All he knows is that through it his standard abilities got a bit of a boost. His application of it would be amateur at best

Not enough to take out Thor who knows exactly how to use Mjolnir to deadly effect.
Thtas more like it I simply asked if you think it could be used to neagte Thor's magic. I mean you guys are the ones debating i will fill in any holes you guys have but more the most part it's up to you guys.

Solidus Snake
Originally posted by The Faulken
As Zahit stated if Stan Bush's The Touch is playing Optimus Prime can't be beat big grin

all i can see is prime flipping through the air shooting at decepticons after mowing down the insecticons in truck form

newjak86
Yeah I know when that song was playing he was unstoppable but this isn't movie Prime it's comic Prime.

Zahit
does optimus prime get any my little ponies or monchichi's backing him up?

newjak86
Originally posted by Zahit
does optimus prime get any my little ponies or monchichi's backing him up?
How about this guys you give me who you think wins then I'll tell yu what happens.

Zahit
thor toys with optimus prime...

newjak86
Thats all that happens

Zahit
if thor can hurt surtur with his magic hammer, he'd make optimus prime into a play-thing.

newjak86
Fine then heres your treat.
Thor realizing that Prime is a toy decides he will transform him into a truck. By now though Prime has called in the reinforcements. The the rest of the Autobots so up with the G.I. Joes with them. Their all flying on my Little Ponies. Who takes it now.

Zahit
Thor drops his hammer and re-lives the human child-hood he never had...

newjak86
Are you happy now

Zahit
Happy Dance

yahman
I cant really comment on the comic Optimus prime because i've never read it. There is a website on the internet that refers to the comic version and it says that he may be able to lift 2 Kilo tons and pack a punch of over 4 tons per square inch. It also talks about Megatron and it states that a Full blast from his cannon would lay waste to a small town. It was also stated that Optimus and Megatron where on the same level of power.

Although this is quite impressive; it is small fry incomparisson to the feats of power, and durability that Classic Thor has peformed. Thors many bad showings usuallyoccur when he is fighting with the avengers. And it lthink it was proven by Moondragon that Thor has always held back his power when fighting with the avengers.

Optimus maybe more equiped to fight agaisnt this version of Thor. But he has no chance against a Full power Thor, who isn't holding back.

K3VIL
Thor holding back or not has durability which surpass that of OP, same for his strenght, and Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical weapons ever made, his energy projection abilities are uncanny, and are magical in nature, something that will overcome OP defenses with much ease than a hi-tech cannon.

yahman
"Thor holding back or not has durability which surpass that of OP, same for his strenght, and Mjolnir is one of the most powerful magical weapons ever made, his energy projection abilities are uncanny, and are magical in nature, something that will overcome OP defenses with much ease than a hi-tech cannon."

This is just a Theory but ... I think all of Thors physical powers are magical based. Durabilty, Strength, Speed and Stamina are all probably magicaly based. If Thor can mentally control the magic that supplies the enrgy for all these abilities, he may also be able to subconsciously limit the magical suply.

There for even his durability may be affected when he holds back. His ability to use Moljnir to its ful potential may also be compromised.

Its just a theory though. cool

ZephroCarnelian
No Transformer short of Unicron is defating a superhero.

I have the original g1 videos.

A transformer gets hit by a rock or a piece of metal and it goes down hurt.

Same with Prime.

You chuck a mountain at Thor, he blows it apart with a god-blast.

Chuck one at Prime, he gets squashed.

I know my transformers - I used to love them.

And Optimus Prime - cool though he is - is not defeating the God of Thunder.

"Autobots! Transform and roll- erk!!!"

yahman
"No Transformer short of Unicron is defating a superhero.

I have the original g1 videos.

A transformer gets hit by a rock or a piece of metal and it goes down hurt.

Same with Prime.

You chuck a mountain at Thor, he blows it apart with a god-blast.

Chuck one at Prime, he gets squashed.

I know my transformers - I used to love them.

And Optimus Prime - cool though he is - is not defeating the God of Thunder.

"Autobots! Transform and roll- erk!!!" "

Ummm yeh
smile

ZephroCarnelian
If Thor unleashes a godblast, Prime is dead.

Plain and simple.

It took four blasts from Meg's cannon to do it.

If each blast from his cannon can destroy a town...

And Godblast can destroy a planet....

Then it's logical. big grin

Thor's smaller, faster, more invulnerable and has a lot more firepower.

It's like Optimus trying to fight an adamantium wasp that's armed with photon torpedoes. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.