Organized Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Just thought I would voice some of my opinions

Ive decided that I dont want to become part of any organized religion, whether it be christian , muslim, or any other. Not that I hate the idea of organised religion. Its just that I prefer my beliefs to be more personal, as opposed to believing everything a certain group or church tells me to believe. Not to mention I dont want to be grouped with people who bring shame to their own religion, such as corrupt Catholic Priests or extremist Muslim terrorists, to name examples. In other words, I dont want others' opinions of me changed because of my religion. I still believe in God and everything, but I want to take a more independent road. And I like to think that God will accept that as long as I truly believe in Him.

If anyone comes and tells me the only way I can go to heaven is through Christianity, I'll be pissed

Shakyamunison
I wish you great happiness.

Do you wish to talk about other religions or is the learning process also personal?

RedAlertv2
What do you mean? Cuz Im open to learning about all religions, I want to know what they believe and whatnot, but then again I dont want anyone trying to shove their religion on me.

"I wish you great happiness." Thanks.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
What do you mean? Cuz Im open to learning about all religions, I want to know what they believe and whatnot, but then again I dont want anyone trying to shove their religion on me.

"I wish you great happiness." Thanks.

Go to the store and get this book:

"The Buddha In Your Mirror" Practical Buddhism and the Search for Self.
By Woody Hochswender, Greg Martin & Ted Morino.

This book is a good star, and will give you a lot to think about.

Now, please understand the book will genteelly try to convert you to Nichiren Buddhism, please do not be offended by this fact. It is human nature to want to bring people into your organization. Just take the good and ignore what you do not like. Long ago I was a Christian, and I hated making people feel bad so they would come to church. I respect your path.

Atlantis001
Thats the path I follow too, I am independent of any religion, but I still follow a spiritual way. Personally, I think that some religions just try to claim ownership of the God concept, and I find rather limitating to need a religion to believe in god.

Bardock42
The only way to heaven goes through Christianity.......man I am cheap sad

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Thats the path I follow too, I am independent of any religion, but I still follow a spiritual way. Personally, I think that some religions just try to claim ownership of the God concept, and I find rather limitating to need a religion to believe in god.

agreed.

JediMusician
Organised religion is a sham for those who have power to gain more power, and more wealth. Many in Christianity look to the Vatican for guidance. The Vatican is nothing more that a corporation led by a CEO. They buy and sell stock, and trade in commodities (souls, and tickets to heaven). And like all corporations inevitably do, they cheat their customers. However many Christians manage to find the good in their religion. They help others find the way that works for them. You might not need organised religion, but it needs you. People being led around by the nose need your help. Do not forsake them, and do not judge them harshly, for that life is all they know. Teach them another way. Or don't. Simple.

cking
no catholic religion should ever have faith in the pope, this is why most chruches have split.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Atlantis001

Yeah the spiritual path is the connection to god, not the religious rituals and preconceived notions...I don't believe that your going to miss out on an afterlife if you're not spiritual though, cause we all go to the same place....The place can be called many things...even another dimension type thing...I just think that being in that connection with "The One"...makes life quite a bit different..especially when you have communications. I believe that organized religion really hurt the true path.

cking
agreed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.