Biblical Story of the Fall of Babylon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
Well, I listen to a band called Avenged Sevenfold, and they have a song called the Beast and the Harlot. And this song is about the biblical tale of the destruction of Babylon in an hour. But I am not too familiar with what the Bible exactly says happened. Could someone explain to me better the story of the fall of Babylon? Seems pretty interesting.

BTW its a really cool song!

cking
Babylon is a city back then and it was like new york city of its day and if you read the bible and read Daniel then it will tell you all about it. The new Babylon in the new testament talks about the rise of Babylon similar to the one that fell. it represents all the religions of the world that will merge together into one religion under the control and power of the Antichrist leader. it represents also the sinful nature of humans themselves. the one religion that will bring these together is the new age religion and Scientology. all religions even the churches themselves will join this is after the rapture of the true churches, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim and any other religions will merge to become one world religion. think about it, right now because are more stressed about religion then they have ever been and it will come to the point where all religions will join together and have the same teachings. if want to read this information, read it in revelations about the future Babylon and the old in Daniel and if you don't have a bible then you ask someone in any church for one.

WindDancer
I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that in the book of Revelations the city of Babylon rises from the ashes of the past and is rebuild. Then a giant dragon and a woman fight in the heavens and then an angel takes the woman away. Then the devil or something start a war. I dunno exactly if that is how it goes, but is friggin cool book. Lot's of wars and death and finally the battle between good and evil. thumb up

RedAlertv2
Thats sounds about right compared to the lyrics of the song.

debbiejo
Many churches try to bring the Babylon of the OT mentioned in Daniel into the future as an event that will yet happen...There are many different variations of what Babylon, the Harlot, the Beast, 666, The dragon, The Beast that comes out of the Land, and the one that comes out of the Sea, The Lady in White with the stars and the moon...and all the symbolism means....But then with some it groups the Book Revelation in there and ties the two together....

Ties Daniel with John.

RedAlertv2
Here's the lyrics to "Beast and the Harlot". I compared them to some scripture and they matched almost word-for-word in some places.

This shining city built of gold, a far cry from innocence,
There's more than meets the eye round here, look to the waters of the deep.
A city of evil.
There sat a seven-headed beast, ten horns raised from his head.
Symbolic woman sits on his throne, but hatred strips her and leaves her naked.
The Beast and the Harlot.

She's a dwelling place for demons.
She's a cage for every unclean spirit,
every filthy bird and makes us drink the poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.
Fallen now is Babylon the Great.

The city dressed in jewels and gold, fine linen, myrrh and pearls.
Her plagues will come all at once as her mourners watch her burn.
Destroyed in an hour.
Merchants and captains of the world, sailors, navigators too.
Will weep and morn this loss with her sins piled to the sky,
The Beast and the Harlot.

every filthy bird and makes us drink the poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.

The day has come for all us sinners.
If you're not a servant, you'll be struck to the ground.
Flee the burning, greedy city.
Lookin' back on her to see there's nothing around.

I don't believe in fairytales and no one wants to go to hell.
We've made the wrong decision and it's easy to see.
Now if you wanna serve above or be a king below with us,
You're welcome to the city where your future is set forever.

cking
revelations doesn't clearly say that Babylon will rise from the same area, but it could be in a different area. it would be very similar to the one in Daniels day. I think the lady in white represents the twelve tribes of Israel, I don't know for sure. Daniel and john are basically the same book, only that john gives more detail than Daniel and Daniel give information of the rise and fall of Rome.

debbiejo
Actually the 12 stars over the "Lady in Whites" head represent the 12 zodiac symbols just as the 12 tribes and the 12 apostles....

cking
maybe that was it.

RedAlertv2
In Revelations I read about the beast with ten horns and seven heads. Is this supposed to symbolize something, or was there actually a beast?

cking
I have read the book "the great late planet earth." it was written in the seventies by Hal Lindsey, it was very popular book. it said that the ten horns represent ten nations and it wasn't seven heads but two that represent two leaders who will give power to the Antichrist leader over the ten nation confederacy.

debbiejo
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
In Revelations I read about the beast with ten horns and seven heads. Is this supposed to symbolize something, or was there actually a beast?

It was symbolic...many churches teach that the beast is a world system, the ten horns are ten kingdoms, or nations, the one horn is different then the rest...it has no crown on it and has eyes like a man speaking blasphemes things....some liken it to a different kind of kingdom...and view it as the Pope or Catholic church...using statements the Roman Church as said in the past...Being that the Pope is viewed as Christs voice here on earth, is speaking blasphemy....and the changing of some of Gods laws.

Also that view would tie in with the Harlot riding on the beast with a golden cup in her hand....The woman is the Catholic church and the cup is filled with the blood of the saints that were persecuted...

Just before the Reformation..is when most these teachings came out against the Catholic church, and the Catholic church retaliated with propaganda
teaching that these events were either 1. futuristic or 2. had already happened through Nero....

cking
it will happen, but not jet and all religions will join together into this babylon religion regarless if they don't like it because the antichrist leader will have enough power to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.