Sequel Batmobiles

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Who's looking forward to seeing a more Batmobile-esque Batmobile? The one from Batman Begins scared me until I finally saw the movie and excepted it. However, this is only because it was version 1. However, as Batman advances, so should his car. Only once though, not a new model every singe movie, but I think it should show him getting a new one in part 2 and keeping it through part 3.

vvvrulz
I just hope they don't go overboard, and end up with pathetic excuses of Batmobile's like in Batman and Robin.

Best for me so far was the old '89 one.

EsteemedLeader
they should do that first batmobile to have that very loooonnngg body. the one with the front that looked like bats cowl

Kieralinn
The '89 Batmobile was by far the best. That thing was just way too cool! I hope he does end up with a more custom made car, it's not like he can't afford it. wink This one seems more like it was handy to have because it was already there. Though it did kick some major a**!

Red Superfly
The 89 Batmobile is the coolest penis extension.....er I mean, car, I have ever seen.

I like the Begins one, and would like to see some modifications done to it. He's bound to change it over the years and add more decorative features to it in order to make it more of a symbol like his suit.

Myth
Originally posted by Red Superfly
He's bound to change it over the years and add more decorative features to it in order to make it more of a symbol like his suit.

Like neon lights! eek!

NoFate007
Yeah I think they need to get a much more....sleek design.
The old ones were good, but I think the front looked a little odd with that needle-nose tip and the circle around it. I hated the one from Forever...at least I think it was BF...the one that had that giant wiggling fin? That was bad. The Batman and Robin one was better...but still not too great. It could benefit from smaller fin things on the sides.

http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1997toon-batmobile.php
http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1992rrr-batmobile.php

Those two are pretty good ones I think. But I think I'd like something brand new done...just with more of the sleek look we're used to.

vvvrulz
I thought the B&R one was the worst by far. It looked flimsy and not the least bit menacing, but then again, nothing in that movie did.

The most scary thing in that movie was Arnie's one-liners.

munkiesarus
The Tumbler was definitely greeted with a load of worried fan boys, but it was a nice, cute thing. Most definitely he should go for something better, but I don't see it happening to much. With the realistic take on the film, I don't quite see the long and up walls Batmobile. The Whirley Bat, however, should be great.

And a quick question that doesn't deserve a thread: For those of you that read Batman nowadays, are they still doing that NEW BATMOBILE THAT EXTENDS A MILE BENEATH THE EARTH crap?

NoFate007
extends a mile beneath the earth??? what?

Myth
Originally posted by NoFate007

http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1997toon-batmobile.php
http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1992rrr-batmobile.php

Those two are pretty good ones I think. But I think I'd like something brand new done...just with more of the sleek look we're used to.

That first one is bad ass but I don't like the second. Also, I too am curious about this mile underneath the earth thing.

Zod4Life
They should just keep the tumbler.

Red Superfly
Does The Tumbler need shields?

I mean, it would be awesome to see the shield thing again, but to me the tumbler looked pretty damn invincible without them.

Zod4Life
Haven't seen the movie but I agree.Nothing can really hurt it so the tumbler shouldn't even need shields.But he would need a shield if anyone decided to fire missles at him.

munkiesarus
Originally posted by munkiesarus
The Tumbler was definitely greeted with a load of worried fan boys, but it was a nice, cute thing. Most definitely he should go for something better, but I don't see it happening to much. With the realistic take on the film, I don't quite see the long and up walls Batmobile. The Whirley Bat, however, should be great.

And a quick question that doesn't deserve a thread: For those of you that read Batman nowadays, are they still doing that NEW BATMOBILE THAT EXTENDS A MILE BENEATH THE EARTH crap? Originally posted by NoFate007
extends a mile beneath the earth??? what?

:0 i meant batcave. >_>

NoFate007
Oh, haha. I was gonna say, man he's tearing up the road everytime he drives.

If they ever had a batcave that huge I think its bull, they shouldn't do that. They should keep things realistic.

Mainstream
I really like this one http://www.batmobilehistory.com/2005_gk60-batmobile.php

vvvrulz
It looks a little too much like a 'normal car'. lol.

Bludhaven Boy
In answer to the Batcave question yes, it is much bigger, because the earthquake that caused no man's land destroyed the old one. But when you think about it, Batman would have all sorts of JLA resources to build the new one, (they had a freaking sattelite and now a watchtower on the moon for chrisesakes) so it makes enough sense.

sevenman
No. BATMAN should always have the same BATMOBILE and the same costume. Again, I would have killed to see Tim Burton complete his ****ing triology then have this "Begins" shit start up now.

Tron
I'm perfectly fine with what he has now. Of course there will be modifications, but I hope they don't change it to much.

nate100
I too am happy with the tumbler. i must admit that i was a little freaked/scared when i first saw it but after watching the film and coming to terms with the new batmobile i liked it. it worked for the film with the whole real world batman idea.

Saying that thou, i think it would be a cool idea if they were to have Tim Burtons batmobile in the next or third film. i know it will never happen but my reason for it is:

By the third flick Bruce is pretty much going to 'be' Batman which in Tim Burtons film he is as well. So it would be cool and a nice in joke if they had Bale burning up the streets in that mamma jammer. it would also tie in with the whole 'beginning' idea as well. he had a tank when he started off, now people are more acustomed to the Batman he has a sleek son-of-a-***** motor.

Of course it would never happen but it makes my fan boy heart beat faster.

NoFate007
Remember, they aren't making this as a prequel, so they won't have Burton's batmobile in anything. Some new design that may resemble it, but they won't have that one.

sevenman
People become acustomed to all things when it is there for a long time. Stick with the tumbler with no to minimal modications and people will get used to it. The Batmobile in The Batman looks similar. This is how Batman came to be what he is TODAY. The previous form before Batman was "Just Some Nut" as James Jim Gordan (Brilliantly performed by Gary Oldman) puts it. Now he is Batman and if he changes into anything else besides what he is right now the next film truly deserves the title BATMAN BEGINS AGAIN.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.