Kingdom of Heaven vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

king_arthur
I enjoyed both films but I liked Gladiator better. I admit that Orlando Bloom's acting has come a long way and continues to improve but Russell Crowe as an actor totally centred the film. Both support casts were brilliant, editing of battles and cinematography extremely well done. Although I must admit that when I saw KOH I was thinking "Ahh seen that before in Gladiator." I liked the way both leading actresses were beautiful in non-classical, non-bland ways. These movies were definitely better than Troy, King Arthur and Alexander. Ridley Scott sure knows how to make epics.

Imperial_Samura
Got agree with you there. Though they both have their pros and cons, Gladiator remains the better film for me.

MildPossession
Still yet to see Kingdom of Heaven, it does look wonderful

nimbus006
Personally i liked Troy and King Arthur the Director's cut better than KOH. For one they had better action, and two the character development in King Arhur is much better IMO, you really get to see all the diferent aspects of each Knight i.e like their fighting styles, personalities among otehr things. Have to agree that it was better than Alexander, thats for sure.

MildPossession
I enjoyed Troy even if it was miscast and Burrows didn't have a bigger role... I also enjoyed King Arthur too(the ice scene a particular stand out for me), yet to see director's cut though.

Murray
Gladiator was the better movie of the two.

But on the upcoming KOH DVD, there supposed to be up to an hour of unseen scenes that were supposed to make the movie ten times better.

KOH did have its share of fine battle scenes, though.

Fire
Kingdom of Heaven is good to portray the madness of the crusades but besides that it's mediocre at best

king_arthur
I think the character (Maximus) is developed better and I felt more attracted to his story.

K Von Doom
I liked KOH because it's (flawed) historical

SnakeEyes
Gladiator, no contest. KOH was alright but not nearly as good.

king_arthur
I think the only thing that Gladiator does better than KOH is Crowes performance but Bloom wasnt nearly as bad as Brad Pitt in Troy and he was vastly better than Colin Ferrel in Alexander.

Mandorallen
Gladiator

the plot was thicker, and the acting was better. IMO

plus you cant beat a directing legend like Ridley scott.

lordofwar
Originally posted by Mandorallen
Gladiator

the plot was thicker, and the acting was better. IMO

plus you cant beat a directing legend like Ridley scott.

Kingdom of Heaven was also directed by Ridley Scott. Nobody could surpass Gladiator and not even himself.

Mandorallen
HAHAHA, I forgot about that, *slaps self*

And KOH moved WAY too fast, I lost wtf was heppening.

lil bitchiness
Kingdom of Heaven was trying to be too politically correct and as a result became very bias. Its not very good overall, although Im not a fan of Orlando Bloom, I liked him in this movie a lot.

Gladiator was better by far.

GCG

Da preacher
Gladiator by far. But KOH was really good to. Much better than Alexander, troy 'n all that shit. C'mon......

RZA
Again definitely Gladiator. I had high hopes for KOH especially with Jeremy Irons in it but I just couldn't get into for some reason. The story was just a tad bit too tedious and uneventful.

Again why is this in the Sci-Fi forum?

LordFear
God I love Gladiator. One of the best films I saw, honestly. So many cool ass phrases like " ....roars of the applause rise like a storm, as if, as if you were the Thunder God himself" so freaking cool. Commodus was such a perverted prick, sex with your own sister? Awesome freaking movie, my girlfriend and I slept on KOH, to tell ya the truth

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by RZA
Again why is this in the Sci-Fi forum?

doan_m
^One might wonder. Two movies with strong reference to history and its a forum that is completely meant for fiction......

Eccentric
Gladiator was definitely better, the trailor for Kingdom of Heaven made it look better than it really was, though I still enjoyed it, but prefer Gladiator.

roughrider
Once again...

Neither of these two films are Science Fiction or Fantasy.
Both are historically based.

ragesRemorse
Gladiator holds a smoother pace. It also seems to have a better sense of it's own direction as a movie. they are both great films in my opinion though. Ridley scott has definently got the epic period peices down. Unlike Oliver stone. alexander was so bad.

exanda kane
Both are good films, even with Orlando Bloom as a lead (Jesus, think about that for a minute! Who says Hollywood doesn't take risks anymore! :P). I do find the period and places explored in Kingdom of Heaven to be more interesting however, a little more universal than a Gladiator revolt.

coolmovies
Wrong section anyway gladiator was better found KOH abit borring

ADarksideJedi
Most likly and without a doubt I like "Gladiator"More then Kingdom hearats.Even through I never seen that movie.jm

RocasAtoll

Tenebrous
the extended director's cut dvd is much, much, much better than the theatrical release. it's too bad this release wasn't the one that made it into theaters, but all the content that was cut out makes the movie well over three hours long.

if anyone believes there's not enough character development in KOH they should really at the very least rent the extended version. The difference between the theatrical release and the extended verison are really vast. the film is far superior as a result, primarily for the character development.

there are also some additional action scenes, much more gore and blood, the addition of an entirely new and pivotal character that was not in the original movie, and a more expanded treatment of queen sybilla (eva green) and king baldwin (edward norton). highly recommended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.