Pakistan President Calls for Jihad Against Terrorists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS

Imperial_Samura
An interesting idea, though I doubt it will go down to well in his country, especially as he isn't the most *popular* of leaders.

Sadako of Girth
Good on Musharraf, I say...

lil bitchiness
I fear this might bring division within the religious leaders, which might bring even more problems. messed

Hateret breeds more hateret.

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
An interesting idea, though I doubt it will go down to well in his country, especially as he isn't the most *popular* of leaders.

Well Al Qaeda tried to assassinate Musharraf twice in the last 2 years
as well, so this my have an additional incentive for his beliefs. So how much of his war is personal vs. the smearing of Islam remains to be seen. But I agree with Sadako's Girth-"Good on Musharraf!"

Shakyamunison
Good, it's about time. Now we need all of the other Arab nations to do the same, and if they don't we should... ?

Dagons Blade
Well with regard to the Arab nations, the reason We're doing it now is because they failed to do it before, for fear of retribution in their own backyards. Not to mention how many of them actually feel the same way about America but won't admit it..but now they have a real problem because now as the old song goes, "The Mob Rules."

Wickerman
I think it's a great idea, even though the consequences might not be worth the effort. At least he's TRYING to do something. The part i liked MOST in the whole thing was this:

But they were British nationals, born, educated and bred in England. Nice way of laying the smackdown on people that would rather toss the blame around without first looking at their own problems.

~wickerman~

Dagons Blade
Agreed Wickerman.

While Musharraf is willing to do something, he's also willing to open the door to lay the responsibility of their behavior on their status as British nationals. I guess there's no such thing as a British\Pakistani terrorist then, huh?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Dagons Blade
Agreed Wickerman.

While Musharraf is willing to do something, he's also willing to open the door to lay the responsibility of their behavior on their status as British nationals. I guess there's no such thing as a British\Pakistani terrorist then, huh?

The Brits CAN be blamed, but it's understandable really. I mean, say you raised 3 kids of a different ethnic group. When they grow up, they try to kill you. Are you going to say

"I was a bad mother/father, there's something wrong with the way i raised them and i should rethink things"

or

"It's not my fault, i did my best, but they were destined to eventually turn into this, due to their heritage"

While the first is obviously the correct one, it's the hard one to accept wink

~wickerman~

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Wickerman
The Brits CAN be blamed, but it's understandable really. I mean, say you raised 3 kids of a different ethnic group. When they grow up, they try to kill you. Are you going to say

"I was a bad mother/father, there's something wrong with the way i raised them and i should rethink things"

or

"It's not my fault, i did my best, but they were destined to eventually turn into this, due to their heritage"

While the first is obviously the correct one, it's the hard one to accept wink

~wickerman~

I suppose that would make sense. And how true it is for parents to say they did a bad job. Very good point, cheers smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.