Yet Another New Torture Device from the Land of the Free!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS

debbiejo
Contact lenses could fuse to your eyes, I'd think.....

Imperial_Samura
Geeze. And it seems bad that it's being sent straight to Iraq. I thought one of the reasons why Saddam was gotten rid of was so people could have big protests and all without fear of nasty things happening (though I guess if they are rioting its bad, but still.)

And it's unlikely it would be truly non-fatal. It seems they haven't looked at the great crowd control disasters that show what happens when a mass of people are trying to get away from something. I see stampedes occurring with people being crushed to death under foot.

botankus
Simple solution: Don't f***in' riot!

Try to go about whatever the hell message it is you're trying to broadcast to people who couldn't care less about it anyways through another medium source!

Sadako of Girth
"Fear will keep the other systems in line... Fear of this battle station..."
-Governor Tarkin, ANH

PVS
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
"Fear will keep the other systems in line... Fear of this battle station..."
-Governor Tarkin, ANH

funny how life immitates fiction

Bicnarok

cking
yep, the green meanie will come alive and who can stop him?

Dagons Blade
Or better yet they can use the weapon to create jobs in the fast food industry as the next big way to cook massive amounts of food in the smallest time possible. Look for an Iraqi Fried Chicken restaurant coming to a town near you, very soon! smile

SlipknoT
I want one

Dagons Blade
Yeah me too! It would come in handy with all those ants I have in my backyard...

Dr. Strangelove
Shouldn't the government be coming up with new ways to defeat the insurgency instead of regular Iraqi people?

Linkalicious
I always hate when PVS makes threads with titles like this because they are always negative towards the US...specifically it's administrators...

but for once I gotta agree. Nothing good is going to come out of microwaving someone alive. I don't know what rat they tested this crap on but Mr. Rat, you have my condolenses

PVS
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I always hate when PVS makes threads with titles like this because they are always negative towards the US...specifically it's administrators...

but for once I gotta agree. Nothing good is going to come out of microwaving someone alive. I don't know what rat they tested this crap on but Mr. Rat, you have my condolenses

wow, i didnt realise your threshold would be so low. i once thought it would go as high as the u.s. military pitchforking babies. bravo! roll eyes (sarcastic)

jaden101
microwave toasting weapons...they should be used against neds and chavs...

where can i buy one?

Sadako of Girth
Yes... Regardless of human rights extendable to all other members of the planet, I fully agree on death beam deployment against the chavs..
wink

Linkalicious
Originally posted by PVS
wow, i didnt realise your threshold would be so low. i once thought it would go as high as the u.s. military pitchforking babies. bravo! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spare me...hippie! stick out tongue

botankus
Originally posted by jaden101
What about the goths and the rockers? How will you use it on them since they board up their windows and don't come outside during the day?

jaden101
Originally posted by botankus
EDIT - WRONG THREAD..OOPS

we'll poison them with hallucanigenics that make them believe that marylin manson is outside waiting to fellate them

botankus
Oh, I was wondering about how we would get 'em.

Glad to see you caught my edit, though. big grin

Sadako of Girth
Well in the case of the goths, you just aim at the nearest make-up shop..
Or use it to puncture little holes in their bedroom walls at their mom and dad's place and wait for the sunlight to do the rest...

The Rockers may be more of a challenge though... stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by debbiejo
Contact lenses could fuse to your eyes, I'd think.....

I don't really understand how this thing works yet. If it works based on heat, then it would be bad if you had plastic lenses because they could melt to your eyes......not to mention what would happen to contact lenses. If you have glass lenses, they could break and the broken shards go into your eyes....either way.......wow......great new weapon no

~wickerman~

whirlysplat

where can i buy one?

You do know chav is a racist term towards travellers like mesad

Sadako of Girth
REALLY.....??!!!??

I actually had NO idea of that....!! sad
So they stole it and mis-appropriated it to a different bunch...?

I do apologise for my apparent ignorance in regards to this matter...

botankus
If you read the article in its entirety, you will see that under federal law use of it is permissable on wops.

whirlysplat
REALLY.....??!!!??

I actually had NO idea of that....!! sad
So they stole it and mis-appropriated it to a different bunch...?

I do apologise for my apparent ignorance in regards to this matter...

no probs mate, it means child in Romany

Sadako of Girth
I actually thought it was confined to Burberry loving- off-licence-outside-dwelling young thugs.....!!! Thats how I meant it anyhows... sad

Again apologies as I would seem to be wrong....

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by whirlysplat
no probs mate, it means child in Romany

Man....! I had no Idea.... down

Wickerman
Man....! I had no Idea.... down

Just making sure people are aware that Romany has nothing to do with Romanian (the language i mean). ........nor does it have a written form no

~wickerman~

KidRock
Ill take 2 please.

whirlysplat
Sadako your a good guy but hers the meaning from a dictionary

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Chav%20

I know your not racist at all mate

Sadako of Girth
Wow... Well... You learn something new every day, huh...?
I can see from the other definitions in there, where it seems to have been used from, now...

Thanks for bringing me up to speed there, Whirly... smile

whirlysplat
Wow... Well... You learn something new every day, huh...?
I can see from the other definitions in there, where it seems to have been used from, now...

Thanks for bringing me up to speed there, Whirly... smile

Its a shitty thing the media has done recently, but they hate Travellers more than anyone sad

Sadako of Girth
Bloody shame that... They have a lot to answer for there then, I consider myself quite up-on-things, but all I heard was the press angle..
And there are so many under the misapprehension as I was....
Hopefully word'll spread and they'll all realise the mistake they are making...

And also a shame that they couldn't have been more original with a discriptive for the new wave of thugs/wanna be villians rather than as it would seem to draw on an already existing abusive word for another bunch of people... sad

From now on i'll just revert to calling the ones I was referring to originally as dickheads instead... laughing

whirlysplat
Bloody shame that... They have a lot to answer for there then, I consider myself quite up-on-things, but all I heard was the press angle..
And there are so many under the misapprehension as I was....
Hopefully word'll spread and they'll all realise the mistake they are making...

And also a shame that they couldn't have been more original with a discriptive for the new wave of thugs/wanna be villians rather than as it would seem to draw on an already existing abusive word for another bunch of people... sad

From now on i'll just revert to calling the ones I was referring to originally as dickheads instead... laughing

Its always a good methodbig grin

Sadako of Girth
laughing

Dagons Blade
we'll poison them with hallucanigenics that make them believe that marylin manson is outside waiting to fellate them

Yeah, Marilyn Manson wants to come out and blow them away... stick out tongue

jaden101
Oh, I was wondering about how we would get 'em.

Glad to see you caught my edit, though. big grin

dagnammit

Tptmanno1
Ya know what sfunny, they asked the test people to take off their glasses and remove coins...
Like their gonna ask rioters to do that...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Ya know what sfunny, they asked the test people to take off their glasses and remove coins...
Like their gonna ask rioters to do that...

Course they will......while they're shooting them with the ray....
"If you're feeling horrible pain and certain items are being glued to your boiling skin..........remove them.....
if you don't understand english.....nevermind...."

~wickerman~

Tptmanno1
exactly...

Wickerman
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
exactly...

You do realize that with very minor adjustments, this weapon can be incredibly powerful in a war. Would it even be allowed according to the Geneva convention? erm

~wickerman~

Tptmanno1
Since when do we give a shit about the Geneva Convention?

jaden101
Originally posted by Wickerman
You do realize that with very minor adjustments, this weapon can be incredibly powerful in a war. Would it even be allowed according to the Geneva convention? erm

~wickerman~

against who?

Wickerman
against who?

Against anyone/thing. Imagine this. If the power can be increased a bit, imagine what it can do to soldiers.......also.....think of why they told the test volunteers to remove metal objects......now think of tanks..... etc. etc.

~wickerman~

FeceMan
We already had a thread about something like this. Anything that's non-lethal can be used as an implement of torture. Tear gas can be used as an implement of torture. So could rubber bullets and bean-bag rounds.

Personally, I think it's really cool we're inventing stuff like this.

By the way, Link, PVS' threads are almost always anti-United States military and anti-Republican/conservative.

KidRock
Originally posted by FeceMan
We already had a thread about something like this. Anything that's non-lethal can be used as an implement of torture. Tear gas can be used as an implement of torture. So could rubber bullets and bean-bag rounds.

By the way, Link, PVS' threads are almost always anti-United States military and anti-Republican/conservative.

He is just angry a democrat wasn't elected and the country wasn't overun with terrorists.

Imperial_Samura
Tch, tch. Even if a Democrat had been elected, I am quite sure the US wouldn't have been "overrun by terrorists"

Though I have to wonder, when will we see this little riot breaking baby actually being used in the US? I mean riots occur there, and isn't it appropriate, if it's as good and safe as these experts claim, that it should be part of US riot squads arsenals? I mean really, whats good for the goose, is said to be good for the gander... And if it's good for a *rioting* Iraqi, that it's good for a *rioting* American. Or English Soccor fan. etc.

PVS

are you suggesting that the facts of this story are invalid?
if not, then what an utterly meaningless post. congrats

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
are you suggesting that the facts of this story are invalid?
if not, then what an utterly meaningless post. congrats
Like the one you just made?

Perhaps, when dealing with people on KMC, I should be a bit more straightforward:

WE'VE ALREADY HEARD ABOUT THIS AND HAVE A WHOLE THREAD DEVOTED TO IT. THE USE OF THIS TECHNOLOGY HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED THOROUGHLY.

PVS
no, the posted thread was about a sound device which incapacitates people. this is completely different. thus the words "AND YET ANOTHER" in the thread title *buzz* sorry, please try again erm

BARTENDER!!!!!!!! a double of STFU for my friend here, and put it on my tab

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
no, the posted thread was about a sound device which incapacitates people. this is completely different. thus the words "AND YET ANOTHER" in the thread title *buzz* sorry, please try again erm

BARTENDER!!!!!!!! a double of STFU for my friend here, and put it on my tab
Sure you wouldn't like to serve yourself first?

Same concept. Similar in nature to this thread. Fancy that.

(By the way, there's no 'and' in the thread title.)

PVS
its not the same concept at all.
one emits radiation and the other a electromagnetic pulse.
forgive me for thinking of the wrong torture device, but you are still
being a major ass and really need some of that frosty beverage i keep offering you.
now, do you think you can stop breaking my balls and get a job?

dawsey28
Sure you wouldn't like to serve yourself first?

Same concept. Similar in nature to this thread. Fancy that.

(By the way, there's no 'and' in the thread title.)

How is life under that bridge? Could you tell me the story about when you met those three billy goats? It is my favorite.

Darth Jello
so wait, microwaves work by making water molecules vibrate. so theoretically if the beam is widened and ampliphied, it could nearly instantaneously boil a group of peoples' organs from the inside, making them die in a horribly painful explosion. This would make it an incredibly destructive battlefield weapon, allowing a single array to horribly fry an entire army...That's scary.
Imagine what's gonna happen when the bush nazis start using this shit to enforce "free speech zones" (whatever the hell those are), and bust up civil rights, environmental, anti-bush, and union rallys? Imagine what'll happen when it's sold on the black market. or to all those rogue nations that carlyle and all of Cheney and Rumsfeld's old companies do business with anyway, like Lybia, Pakistan, Iran, and North Korea.
Interesting sidenote about North Korea:
who built their nuclear refineries?-Saudi-Bin Laden Group
who sold them their Reactors?-ADP (with then acting CEO-Donald Rumsfeld personally approving the deal)
-see it doesn't fall under the "trading with enemies" act if it's a foreign company (virgin islands), and you don't have to pay taxes either!!!

xmarksthespot
Maybe I'm being idealistic but if the amount of money devoted to developing military technologies such as this weapon was put to more productive uses a lot of the world's problems (may not be solved but) would be considerably less in magnitude.

(I'm not singling out the United States but just to provide an example)
Since 1960 the U.S. has donated in direct aid (inflation adjusted) $50 billion. That is a lot of money, but it's also a lot of time. To put that in perspective, the projected cost of the Iraq war for a single year is about $80 billion.

Tired Hiker

Wickerman
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Tch, tch. Even if a Democrat had been elected, I am quite sure the US wouldn't have been "overrun by terrorists"

Though I have to wonder, when will we see this little riot breaking baby actually being used in the US? I mean riots occur there, and isn't it appropriate, if it's as good and safe as these experts claim, that it should be part of US riot squads arsenals? I mean really, whats good for the goose, is said to be good for the gander... And if it's good for a *rioting* Iraqi, that it's good for a *rioting* American. Or English Soccor fan. etc.

Excellent point. What i'd like is an explanation why it's being used in Iraq and not in the US as well. I'm assuming it's not being used against Brittish Soccer fans, cause....well.....it's an american weapon for now wink
But seriously.....if it's so "harmless" then why not use it in the USA right? erm

~wickerman~

Fishy
Its really tobad that the US is so damn powerful a normal country would been attacked and bombed for doing less then what Bush has done in the last few years.

jaden101
Originally posted by dawsey28
How is life under that bridge? Could you tell me the story about when you met those three billy goats? It is my favorite.

laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

now thats comedy

Dagons Blade
Originally posted by Fishy
Its really to bad that the US is so damn powerful. a normal country would been attacked and bombed for doing less then what Bush has done in the last few years.

Netherlands, huh? Well just remember that about 8200 good American soldiers lay in your cemeteries in Holland because this "damn powerful nation" using our "damn power" for your freedom. And you were a "normal" country who was attacked for far less than what Bush has done in the last few years, and by a man who was about 100 times as crazy. And he almost succeeded.. Say what you want about America being so powerful, it's your right and I won't deny you that, but just remember that that power you mention also went to help you guys out when you were too weak to defend yourselves.

That's all I ask.

And by the way, you're welcome. Peace brother. smile

xmarksthespot
I don't know if you can use past magnanimity to justify present transgressions.

I think all he meant was that the U.S. is a very powerful nation, the world's only hyperpower, and as such it can defy international law, which it has done in recent times, and yet not incur penalties which would be imposed on weaker nations such as economic, diplomatic or military sanctions.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Dagons Blade
Netherlands, huh? Well just remember that about 8200 good American soldiers lay in your cemeteries in Holland because this "damn powerful nation" using our "damn power" for your freedom. And you were a "normal" country who was attacked for far less than what Bush has done in the last few years, and by a man who was about 100 times as crazy. And he almost succeeded.. Say what you want about America being so powerful, it's your right and I won't deny you that, but just remember that that power you mention also went to help you guys out when you were too weak to defend yourselves.

That's all I ask.

This just in... Americans have the right to microwave people because they fought for freedom in the past. roll eyes (sarcastic)

PVS
This just in... Americans have the right to microwave people because they fought for freedom in the past. roll eyes (sarcastic)

the logic is amazing isnt it?
since america was one of many nations to make such sacrifices, we somehow have earned the right to torture. we have somehow gained the right to commit evil and simultainiously claim the moral high ground.

when i see fellow americans agree with torture, murder, and genocide and then have the balls to declare themselves patriots, it just sickens me to the pit of my stomach. they claim to stand by the flag when they may as well wipe their asses with it.

xmarksthespot
One should probably note that the U.S. did not exactly rush to the aid of it's allies purely out of altruism. It joined WWII after being attacked by the Empire of Japan if my memory serves me correctly. The war began more than 2 years prior.

Imperial_Samura

I don't think that is necessarily true, although the fact is there is alot of negative stuff around, justified I believe, about the US conservatives and military, so it's natural people debate them, and I think it's good when you have such questionable things like this.

However, if you wished to balance it out you could start threads about the clearly good stuff the US is doing. I am sure it exists, it's just overshadowed by stuff like this that, as I have said before, is questionable to downright wrong.

But as I said, I don't think it's wrong to put of news about debatable issues going on, nor is it bad that they show a negative view of certain aspects, because to be honest in some ways it is justified. And as I said, you should make some threads about the good stuff then.

dawsey28
Originally posted by PVS
the logic is amazing isnt it?
since america was one of many nations to make such sacrifices, we somehow have earned the right to torture. we have somehow gained the right to commit evil and simultainiously claim the moral high ground.

when i see fellow americans agree with torture, murder, and genocide and then have the balls to declare themselves patriots, it just sickens me to the pit of my stomach. they claim to stand by the flag when they may as well wipe their asses with it.

I completely agree with you and it is the type of arrogance that gives Americans a bad rep.

And the worst part was this:

Attacking a post because the poster has Netherlands under his or her name? sick

Fishy
Originally posted by Dagons Blade

That's all I ask.

Just remember some of your city's if not your entire country would not have existed without the help of other country's like France and the Netherlands. We were the first country to officialy recognzie the US as a country.

Stop saying history is all that important to you americans. The US did not really thank Russia for what they did either, so why should we thank you? Or is it because you are an American?

Df02
this forum is full of PC activists

in riots, police use force to disperce the crowd - whether it be riot sheild and truncheon or water cannon or this new beam thing.

all have risks, but all are desgined to be less than lethal - that doesn't mean that people havent been beaten to death or pummelled to death by the water cannon... and it won't mean that people won't get burned.
it's a riot, it's an active display of aggression against the authorities... you think if the rioters get hold of a policeman/soldier they won't beat them within and inch of their life?

the use of the word 'torture' in this thread is ridiculous... torture is active ly restraining and inflicting pain on a person... this is purposefully designed to give the victim time to move away from the beam, if it was a torture device it would be a different story - a taser could be construed as a torture device because it fires barbs into the victim which stop them getting away from the electric bolts

Just remember some of your city's if not your entire country would not have existed without the help of other country's like France and the Netherlands. We were the first country to officialy recognzie the US as a country.

Stop saying history is all that important to you americans. The US did not really thank Russia for what they did either, so why should we thank you? Or is it because you are an American?

^this guy is right however, the only reason American won the civil war was because of the help from other European countries like France and the Netherlands..

and as for WW2, the 2 most decisive turning points in the war were the eastern front in winter headed by the russians and the British opening a southern front to the war around greece etc - America, although helpful, weren't the decisive impact on WW2

Fishy
Originally posted by Df02
this forum is full of PC activists

in riots, police use force to disperce the crowd - whether it be riot sheild and truncheon or water cannon or this new beam thing.

all have risks, but all are desgined to be less than lethal - that doesn't mean that people havent been beaten to death or pummelled to death by the water cannon... and it won't mean that people won't get burned.
it's a riot, it's an active display of aggression against the authorities... you think if the rioters get hold of a policeman/soldier they won't beat them within and inch of their life?

Of course they will, but here's the funny thing then. The police is meant to protect. Of course rioters have to be separated sometimes with extreme force. And yes people die from the other things. But why make a new weapon that is not any more effective and will hurt people faster and harder. And why isn't it going to be used in the US itself? I mean if it isn't lethal, then they should be able to use it right, but of course if it happens to US citizens people will complain.

Df02
Of course they will, but here's the funny thing then. The police is meant to protect. Of course rioters have to be separated sometimes with extreme force. And yes people die from the other things. But why make a new weapon that is not any more effective and will hurt people faster and harder. And why isn't it going to be used in the US itself? I mean if it isn't lethal, then they should be able to use it right, but of course if it happens to US citizens people will complain.

show me a place in the US with a constant threat of violent rioting and i'll show you the police using more effective anti-riot technology.

90% of the reason for using this weapon is shock... if you run at a police line and suddenly you're in extreme pain, you'll think twice before doing it again... whereas if you run at a line and get hit by water or a truncheon, it's not really the same is it.

Fishy
The water can hurt like hell. And it might be that its shock but the people that will be hit, will be in extreme pain for a very long time. They will be burned badly. You've read the article seen what they made the testers do. Nobody that riots is going to do that, this weapon is just dangerous.

And who cares if it only happens once or a lot of times, this weapon if its okay to be used and more effective should be used everywhere even in the US.

Df02
The water can hurt like hell. And it might be that its shock but the people that will be hit, will be in extreme pain for a very long time. They will be burned badly. You've read the article seen what they made the testers do. Nobody that riots is going to do that, this weapon is just dangerous.

And who cares if it only happens once or a lot of times, this weapon if its okay to be used and more effective should be used everywhere even in the US.

yea, water can hurt like hell... but it's designed to knock you offer your feet primarily... it's not a very shocking weapon is it?
a beam of light, putting you in extreme pain for a brief period imo is alot more likely to cause me to run off then any amount of truncheons or water cannons.

it's an extreme weapon, no one is disputing that... 90% of riots in the US wouldn't end with the death of policemen at the hands of rioters if not controlled, i couldn't say the same if iraqi's got hold of policemen, could you?

Fishy
yea, water can hurt like hell... but it's designed to knock you offer your feet primarily... it's not a very shocking weapon is it?
a beam of light, putting you in extreme pain for a brief period imo is alot more likely to cause me to run off then any amount of truncheons or water cannons.

it's an extreme weapon, no one is disputing that... 90% of riots in the US wouldn't end with the death of policemen at the hands of rioters if not controlled, i couldn't say the same if iraqi's got hold of policemen, could you?

No, but how does that make it better...

Look the weapon is supposed to make people scared right, its supposed to make people leave, its supposed to save lives and stop problems. Its not supposed to hurt people to badly.

Why is this weapon only used in Iraq? If it does all that it is supposed to do it should be used in the US as well and then it would probably be bought by any other country in the world and used there too. Of course that isn't going to happen so why would we think it isn't a dangerous weapon?

Df02
No, but how does that make it better...

Look the weapon is supposed to make people scared right, its supposed to make people leave, its supposed to save lives and stop problems. Its not supposed to hurt people to badly.

Why is this weapon only used in Iraq? If it does all that it is supposed to do it should be used in the US as well and then it would probably be bought by any other country in the world and used there too. Of course that isn't going to happen so why would we think it isn't a dangerous weapon?

you're making assumptions.. where does it say it won't be used in the us?

yes the weapon is supposed to make people scared... how else do you propose to scare a rioting mob? put a sheet over your head and shout boo? - it is a weapon, it has to render a mob inable to fight and cause them to disperse, it's just unfeasable to expect a non-painful weapon to do that effectively...

you're living in a sunshine and fairydust world where there's a nonviolent solution to every problem the world throws up - a violent mob cannot be subdued without some force... it's a fact pretty much, that's why police have truncheons and riot sheilds, tear gas and water cannons... all cause pain in varying degrees, and all are effective to varying degrees

Fishy
Oh I know you have to use things like that, did I ever deny it. And it isn't going to be used in the US because the US will complain to much. If it is ever going to be used there I will take this all back, but it isn't going to be.

And those things that you have just mentioned are less effective in hurting people. And still succesful in keeping a mob away. So whats the problem really? Why develop a new weapon just to hurt people more then necessary?

Df02
Oh I know you have to use things like that, did I ever deny it. And it isn't going to be used in the US because the US will complain to much. If it is ever going to be used there I will take this all back, but it isn't going to be.

And those things that you have just mentioned are less effective in hurting people. And still succesful in keeping a mob away. So whats the problem really? Why develop a new weapon just to hurt people more then necessary?

why make m16's when the flintlock rifle still killed people?
it is more effective at dispersing crowds obviously... i've already said it's a shock weapon.. if you're hit by it you're going to think twice before putting yourself in the position to be hit by it again arent you?.. same can't be said about watercannon or the others

Fishy
A water cannon won't burn people either, a water cannon won't destroy peoples eyes either. A water cannon won't kill as much as this either. And a watter cannon is still effective.

Besides do you honestly think this will stop riots? If so you are leaving in a dream world.

Df02
A water cannon won't burn people either, a water cannon won't destroy peoples eyes either. A water cannon won't kill as much as this either. And a watter cannon is still effective.

Besides do you honestly think this will stop riots? If so you are leaving in a dream world.

didnt say stop, i said disperse... and shock the people involved.
a water cannon also uses up a resource that is less abundant than in the US, it also only takes a tablespoon of water in your lung for you to drown, and a small amount of water pressure in your ear to burst it... also a watercannon isn't all that effective.. you see videos of it being used and the people just get back up... it's pretty much a defensive barrier weapon, used to keep people at a distance while police lines position and brace themselves

in test runs precautions are always taken, they probably asked them to remove contacts for precautionary purposes only...

Fishy
I doubt it...

Df02
well that sure showed me stick out tongue

Fishy
Yeah it really did. stick out tongue but I seriously doubt it. They would not have done all that stuff without a good reason. Things will happen like that people will have metal burn into their skin, eyes will start poping when used. Glasses will break and all that crap. Real nice weapon that is. For a lot of people a bullet will be a better solution.

Df02
Yeah it really did. stick out tongue but I seriously doubt it. They would not have done all that stuff without a good reason. Things will happen like that people will have metal burn into their skin, eyes will start poping when used. Glasses will break and all that crap. Real nice weapon that is. For a lot of people a bullet will be a better solution.

again you're assuming... do you know what temperature glass cracks at? you know what temperature plastic melts at?

alot higher than would be used on this weapon, because it says its a 'less than lethal' method... they woulda just taken precautions with the test subjects...

PVS
yes, if the government says its safe, it must be safe, right?

do me a favor and grab all the change out of your pockets, throw the coins in your microwave and press 'start'. see what happens, ok? and ever think that the reason why glasses were to be removed is because lenses intensify the beam? causing...oh i dont know...BLINDNESS?

ragesRemorse

And it's unlikely it would be truly non-fatal. It seems they haven't looked at the great crowd control disasters that show what happens when a mass of people are trying to get away from something. I see stampedes occurring with people being crushed to death under foot.

Well, dont blame that on the ray gun

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
its not the same concept at all.
one emits radiation and the other a electromagnetic pulse.
forgive me for thinking of the wrong torture device, but you are still
being a major ass and really need some of that frosty beverage i keep offering you.
now, do you think you can stop breaking my balls and get a job?
Same concept--device used to break up rioters. Different means.
How terribly hypocritical.

You indirectly call me a troll and yet post something intended to incense me. Pot, meet Kettle...eh, it'll be wasted on you.

This is old news, too. It was in Popular Science several months ago (along with a mounted machine gun that fired a million rounds a minute...).

dawsey28
My hypocrisy doesn't make it any less true.

PVS
Same concept--device used to break up rioters. Different means.

How terribly hypocritical.

You indirectly call me a troll and yet post something intended to incense me. Pot, meet Kettle...eh, it'll be wasted on you.

This is old news, too. It was in Popular Science several months ago (along with a mounted machine gun that fired a million rounds a minute...).

you are being a serious wet diaper.
so i guess nobody is allowed to discuss it because you read about it before? (although the article is about scientists seing the potential for harm in this device, and not just a 'matter of fact' article about the invention)

although many people are obviously concerned (note post and hit count of this thread) i guess you have the right to spam this thread over and over and over with off topic wanna-be-mod posts?

if you dont like the topic then dont post here.
if you're just trying to start a flame war to get the thread closed, then that puts you at the maturity level of KMC's most idiotic trolls and mental midgets who shall remain nameless.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Well, dont blame that on the ray gun

No, it would be the silly duffers using it that would have to realise the fact the situation could turn all the more ugly with it's application. The only thing I wonder is do they realise *how* bad it could get....

And I'm just thinking, what would happen if such a device were to fall into the hands of the rebels/terrorists or whatever in that nation... and I wonder even more if it had existed years ago would it have been the kind of thing Saddam would have happily used?

SaTsuJiN

botankus
^this guy is right however, the only reason American won the civil war ...

While that guy may have been right, this guy leaves me totally confused. blink

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
you are being a serious wet diaper.
so i guess nobody is allowed to discuss it because you read about it before? (although the article is about scientists seing the potential for harm in this device, and not just a 'matter of fact' article about the invention)

although many people are obviously concerned (note post and hit count of this thread) i guess you have the right to spam this thread over and over and over with off topic wanna-be-mod posts?

if you dont like the topic then dont post here.
if you're just trying to start a flame war to get the thread closed, then that puts you at the maturity level of KMC's most idiotic trolls and mental midgets who shall remain nameless.
I've just been in a bad mood lately. Fine, everyone complain about torture and whatnot.

I'll say this: almost everything has the ability to be used as an implement of torture. People will protest non-lethal weaponry because of this...though they'd protest new lethal weaponry, too. Though the device is meant to be used as a tool in order to disperse rioters, it might very well be used as an implement of torture that causes no physical harm. However, I would hope that there WOULD be evidence of physical harm on anyone upon which the device was used as a tool of torture for the sake of proof.

P.S. No, I'm not trying to start a flame war.

PVS
it could also be used on peaceful protestors.
what coarse would history have taken if the military had such a device?
think back to the civil rights movement for example, and replace fire hoses with this......thing.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
it could also be used on peaceful protestors.
what coarse would history have taken if the military had such a device?
think back to the civil rights movement for example, and replace fire hoses with this......thing.
What if China had this technology at the time of Tienanmen Square? sad

Acherontia
For a second i thought this thread would be about the latest Britney Spears single....

Atlantis001

manjaro
i say let the bastards fry manbig grin

PVS
what 'bastards' are you referring to? it was tested, but never used in an actual riot.

i anxiously await your next fart....

Oswald Kenobi
I love this weapon. I can see it's potential uses right now. Toast the rioters, roast some marshmallows. I can find better uses for it than Iraq, though. Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington DC could use it much more effectively. And we wouldn't have to worry about leaving it on too long.

ragesRemorse
No, it would be the silly duffers using it that would have to realise the fact the situation could turn all the more ugly with it's application. The only thing I wonder is do they realise *how* bad it could get....

Well, depending on how big their ray gun is, i doubt many people would try to oppose a ray gun. If they do, they get to go blind. laughing out loud

manjaro
Originally posted by PVS
what 'bastards' are you referring to? it was tested, but never used in an actual riot.

i anxiously await your next fart....

i was referring to anybody who feels like f'ing with the US is a good idea
insurgents, rioters, war protesters, ppl utlizing the 1st amendment ray gun leaves head rolling rolling on floor laughing raygun

PVS
and what a grand fart that was. congratulations!!! eek!
people like you should pack up and move to north korea.
this way you can have all the tyranny and control you desire.
freedom hater indeed

PVS

Mr. Sandman
Holy shit, a ray gun? About time, Tesla only wrote the instructions on how to make one half a century ago.

KidRock
Good. I hate protesters and rioters that block the streets like a bunch of assholes.

MJOILNIR
Damn and I thought pepper spray hurt. I guess people dont like the idea of ray gun. Just go back to conventional munitions and make everyone happy.

Quiero Mota
Simple solution: Don't f***in' riot!

FeceMan
*Sighs.*

Who bumped this?

Wynne makes a point, though. It'd be cleaner than tear gas.

PVS
*Sighs.*

Who bumped this?

Wynne makes a point, though. It'd be cleaner than tear gas.

yeah, im sure its safe when your fillings catch fire

and the bump wasnt a "look at me" bump like some people like to do, see the new article

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
yeah, im sure its safe when your fillings catch fire

and the bump wasnt a "look at me" bump like some people like to do, see the new article
Brush yer teeth.

The problem is going to be when an ******* is aiming this thing...someone's going to fall down and he's going to fry him or her, and then there's going to be lots and lots of...yelling.

PVS
Brush yer teeth.

this just in:
brushing teeth removes fillings.
news at 11

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
this just in:
brushing teeth removes fillings.
news at 11
This just in: brushing prevents the need for fillings.

FOX News at 10:00.

PVS
This just in: brushing prevents the need for fillings.

FOX News at 10:00.

not really. that statement is flawed in quite a few ways.

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
not really. that statement is flawed in quite a few ways.
Yeah, I know. I'm a dentist-to-be.

More just in: certain bacteria (help) prevent the need for fillings.

PVS
Yeah, I know. I'm a dentist-to-be.

More just in: certain bacteria (help) prevent the need for fillings.

you also left out genetic weekness
<---victim of crappy genes with regards for teeth

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
you also left out genetic weekness
<---victim of crappy genes with regards for teeth
http://pics.livejournal.com/beatlegryphie/pic/0001aebe/s640x480

PVS
im afraid that post messed my hair up as it zoomed over my head messed

FeceMan
Originally posted by PVS
im afraid that post messed my hair up as it zoomed over my head messed
I saw the picture and posted it just because.

PVS
fine then

http://www.funnypicturespace.com/funny-images/fatguyinbox1.jpg

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by PVS
fine then

http://www.funnypicturespace.com/funny-images/fatguyinbox1.jpg

now THAT'S HOT!

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
now THAT'S HOT!

laughing out loud

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
laughing out loud

How could it not be?

Quiero Mota
I'm laughing because I believe you meant it.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm laughing because I believe you meant it.
Awww, come on man. That's ****ed up. You know I don't like facial hair on my men.

Quiero Mota
Actually, I didn't know that.

But I do know that you like whiteboys.

Capt_Fantastic
Actually, I didn't know that.

But I do know that you like whiteboys.

You know, being familiar with a gay guy doesn't make you one. Everyone has a gay uncle or cousin. Don't be scared.

Seriously, I don't think he's hot. *tug, tug*

FeceMan
OH MOTHER****ER MY LEG FELL ASLEEP AND IT TINGLES NOW AAAAAAH MAKE IT STOP

Capt_Fantastic
OH MOTHER****ER MY LEG FELL ASLEEP AND IT TINGLES NOW AAAAAAH MAKE IT STOP

you have restless leg syndrome. You're probably going to die.

*tug, tug*

Quiero Mota
Everyone has a gay uncle or cousin.

Actually, I honestly can't think of a single gay relative.

FeceMan
Homophobe.

Quiero Mota
What the f**k?

Capt_Fantastic

Work with me here....ese.

Actually, I don't have any gay relatives either. nevermind.

FeceMan
Work with me here....ese.

Actually, I don't have any gay relatives either. nevermind.
You ARE the gay relative.

Capt_Fantastic
You ARE the gay relative.

D'OH!

Capt_Fantastic
I love being a cliche for the next generation

FeceMan
I love being a cliche for the next generation
You'd be 10x the awesome if you were the gay roommate who drugged his straight roommate with chloroform and sodomized him until the straight roommate went to the doctor and the doctor said not to have anal sex and then the straight roommate freaked out and wrought horrible, painful vengeance on the gay roommate.

(Man, I hate urban legends. Well, I like them, but I hate the people who believe them.)

Capt_Fantastic
You'd be 10x the awesome if you were the gay roommate who drugged his straight roommate with chloroform and sodomized him until the straight roommate went to the doctor and the doctor said not to have anal sex and then the straight roommate freaked out and wrought horrible, painful vengeance on the gay roommate.

(Man, I hate urban legends. Well, I like them, but I hate the people who believe them.)

I did all that, only after I drugged him I sold his kidney on the black market.

FeceMan
I did all that, only after I drugged him I sold his kidney on the black market.
Mother****er, you get like twenty-five g's for that shit?

Capt_Fantastic
?

So, what's your question?

FeceMan
So, what's your question?
Is it worth it to go emo-Goth like the girl in your signature?

Capt_Fantastic
Is it worth it to go emo-Goth like the girl in your signature?

Well, considering the girl in my signature is a sell-out, just like the idiots she professes to hate with her "life-style", why wouldn't it be worth it? You get to look cool while bieng a looser at the same time. Which actually brings us back on topic.

FeceMan
Well, considering the girl in my signature is a sell-out, just like the idiots she professes to hate with her "life-style", why wouldn't it be worth it? You get to look cool while bieng a looser at the same time. Which actually brings us back on topic.
Blasting people with a ray gun makes you a loser? Methinks not!

Capt_Fantastic
Blasting people with a ray gun makes you a loser? Methinks not!

No that makes you cool. It isn't until FOX news gets involved that you can actually turn a death ray into "stupid" and "looser" at the same time.

FeceMan
No that makes you cool. It isn't until FOX news gets involved that you can actually turn a death ray into "stupid" and "looser" at the same time.
Nuh-uh, FOX news supports the use of torture against the Islamic fascists and liberal hippie protestors.

Nichole

PVS
well, im glad that the introduction of a mass-torture device, and the apparent statement that it will be tested on u.s. citizens pleases everyone.

Soleran
Originally posted by PVS
well, im glad that the introduction of a mass-torture device, and the apparent statement that it will be tested on u.s. citizens pleases everyone.

Not all US citiznes just the ones that it needs to be tested on.

PVS
this mentallity scares me. sickens me really.
this unconditional trust for government is the root of fascism.
imagine if they had this toy during the civil rights movement. replace
fire hoses with the torturematic.

yes, anyone who protests deserves to be tortured. welcome to nazi america

Soleran
You sure like to get carried away.

PVS
the lazy battlecry of fascist enablers

accompanied by "duh, it will only be used on da bad peoples"

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>