Yoda and Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Windu
Two of the greatest Jedi and Sith duos of their time.

Darth Somebody
Good Lord. You'll have two ridiculously long and thorough fights. The Yoda and Sidious one will be the longest. Whoever wins the Dooku and Windu fight - will go help their respective master. If Dooku beats Mace, then he'll help Sidious - and Yoda will lose. If Mace wins - he'll go help Yoda and then Sidious will lose.

darth zamorak
then who wins between dooku and mace??

Darth_Frobo
dooku he has the best saber form of any jedi, but 3po pwns them both just go look at wikipedia lol.

Nai Fohl
Well...

I think Mace in ROTS times is able to defeat Dooku. There last fight was 15 years ago with Dooku came out as a close winner. In ROTS times Dooku is probably slower than in TPM times and Mace had the time to practice more with his lightsaber (perfecting Vaapad) and he has a lot of frontline experience now because of the clone wars.

So I'd say Mace will beat Dooku and then help Yoda to finish Sidious (if Yoda hasn't done it himself in that time).

Fishy
Yoda can defeat Sidious, it depends on the location but I give him a better chance then I give Sidious so he would probably win.

Dooku and Mace is a tough fight and the deciding factor in this match, Dooku beat Mace once long ago and along with Yoda is the only one at that time that can do it. But that was at least 13 years before ROTS probably longer. Both of them learned a lot since then, but because Mace redefined his style more I give him the biggest chance of winning. The Force alone surely won't be enough for Dooku to end Mace and with lightsabers well like I said I think Mace is a little better.

In the end the Jedi win.

Darth Somebody
Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Well...

I think Mace in ROTS times is able to defeat Dooku. There last fight was 15 years ago with Dooku came out as a close winner. In ROTS times Dooku is probably slower than in TPM times and Mace had the time to practice more with his lightsaber (perfecting Vaapad) and he has a lot of frontline experience now because of the clone wars.

So I'd say Mace will beat Dooku and then help Yoda to finish Sidious (if Yoda hasn't done it himself in that time).

Pardon, Nai Fohl, but I am thorough. Where does it say that he came out as a close winner, again?

Darth Somebody
I've grown accustomed to the fact that people believe anyone can beat Sidious in a duel, so it no longer matters to me. I like how you worded it Fishy. People usually tend to say "own" or "destroy". Nah. Sidious would never get "owned" by Yoda. Otherwise the environmental factors would not have stopped Yoda before. It would be a ridiculously long match.

And as for Mace and Dooku. In terms of fencing and lightsaber combat, Dooku is by far Mace's superior. You see, as I've stated elsewhere, you base Mace's victory here on the fact that he defeated Dooku's master in combat.

So, it could very well be that:

- Sidious intentionally threw the fight against Mace to gain sympathy from Anakin. It is possible. Like it or not, I've seen no evidence that has done away with the likelihood of this. Sidious did fight harder and smarter against Yoda than he did against Mace. He also expressed much more power and so forth, as well. It could very well be the fact that he simply underestimated Mace - which caused him to go down.

- Mace's style of combat works better against Sidious than it would against others. This is another defining factor. Some styles are good against others. In a straight up duel, Dooku seems to be the obvious superior.

- Mace was defeated by Dooku in the past - but never the reverse. They never dueled with one another after that, not even when Mace faced Dooku on Geonosis. Count Dooku is an able fencer. I would say as a straight up lightsaber duelist, he is probably the best one - up there with Yoda or Sidious.

- Fishy once said that if the apprentice is stronger than the master, they will take the mantle for themselves. That is not true. As we all know, it seemed Darth Maul had absolutely NO intentions of ever claiming the mantle of Dark Lord of The Sith. Count Dooku wasn't really evil. He was blinded and misguided. Working with a Dark Lord such as Sidious tends to do that to one. Count Dooku already was trained to his highest degree in combat when he was in the Order. Sidious had probably nothing to do with his lightsaber training. Dooku is actually older than Sidious as it is.

So it could be that Dooku just wanted to learn from his master without any true ambitions but to merely sit by his side and rule the Empire with him - instead of in his place.

Darth_Janus
I don't even know where one gets information on Mace Windu's life before Shatterpoint, sadly enough. must be a Scholastic book. Hm. I think with Dooku and Mace it can go either way but it will still be close. And as for Yoda and Sidious, I honestly believe (Given the backdrop) Yoda would win this time.

Fishy
I doubt it, Dooku would have had no reason to follow Sidious once his plan would have been completed. I once argued what you are saying myself and it would not be far fetched it could be true. Maybe Dooku is just sitting around waiting for Sidious to finish his plan and become the most important player in the galaxy and to then take over his title. But Dooku seems to have nothing against Sidious and no desire to take over. Dooku has been trained in the Sith lore and would know what he should once he becomes more powerful then Sidious.

He could let Sidious stay alive for a reason but I see no real proof for it.

Darth Somebody
Well, suffice it to say that Sidious is a mastermind first and foremost. Dooku believed that his intellect dwarved the power of the Dark Side itself. Now I, a fan of Sidious (notice I said not a biased fan boy), have a hard time believing that to be true. Even if Dooku was the superior power of the two, he is hardly the mastermind Sidious is. That could be explained why he had no ambition. If he wanted to rule, he needed Sidious. Not the other way around.

Darth Somebody
Oh, I do believe Yoda would win in the end as well. But it bothers me where people go out of their way to say he'd own Sidious. I tend to even the odds. It would be a ridiculously long match. Like it or not, both are powerful masters of each respective side of The Force. Both are - much to Fishy's dismay - proficient and incredible duelists.

But Yoda has the confidence, the experience, and he is not a coward like Sidious. Then again, Yoda isn't ruler of the galaxy and Sith mastermind - so I doubt he'd have any reason to fear death.

Darth_Frobo
if dooku sticks with makashi and mixes it up with force powers he will win if not he gets owned harshely,

for an off topic question who here can't stand serra keto in the rots game other then me, she's such a little noobcicle.

Darth_Janus
Her and GG both.

Darth Somebody
I suppose I can see Mace and Yoda walking out of this victorious. They would probably be missing a few limbs - Mace. And Yoda would probably be no longer green - but a crispy color and black and blue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.