keeper v onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
sss has gone toe-to-toe with godlike cable. could the keeper go with onslaught?

GalacticStorm
With SS's powers and the quantam bands id say definitely. Thats if Onslaught cant access Franklins powers

leonidas
yeah, for purposes of the discussion, let's say it's the onslaught the heroes managed to beat and not the celestial level one that might have evolved.

DigiMark007
How great was Onslaught's control over Mags' powers? Could he cover the whole EM spectrum like current Mags, or was it more classic magneto?

And, perhaps a more pertinent question, who's the keeper? GS mentioned SS's powers (Surfer?) and quantum bands. That's damn powerful, but honestly I'd have Onslaught (even without Franklin) above that. He had Mags, Xavier, and Nate, right? And it took a supremely pissed Hulk to crack his outer shell...I remember someone mentioning that even Thor couldn't do much. That's power.

-DM

GalacticStorm
Well even current Mags is Surfer-lite basically without the durability and matter manipulation and current Mags is more powerful than the magnetic powers Onslaught had. Surfer is resistant to telepathy and through the quanum bands isnt he immune to psychic attack anyway? So Xaviers out of the picture, therefore Nates telekinesis Vs the quantum bands.

Keeper wins this

leonidas
<<Surfer is resistant to telepathy and through the quanum bands isnt he immune to psychic attack anyway>.

i don't think that the bands would make him proof against psychic attacks, but his own resistance is strong. strong enough? onslaught was one tough mofo . . .

kgkg
kepper destroys onslaught

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by kgkg
kepper destroys onslaught

Thats a good boy. big grin

kgkg
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Thats a good boy. big grin
Hey GS how you been buddy

How man I heard there are terrorists roaming in your block sad watch out

leonidas
<<kepper destroys onslaught>>

colour me shocked, kg.

kgkg
Originally posted by DigiMark007
How great was Onslaught's control over Mags' powers? Could he cover the whole EM spectrum like current Mags, or was it more classic magneto?

And, perhaps a more pertinent question, who's the keeper? GS mentioned SS's powers (Surfer?) and quantum bands. That's damn powerful, but honestly I'd have Onslaught (even without Franklin) above that. He had Mags, Xavier, and Nate, right? And it took a supremely pissed Hulk to crack his outer shell...I remember someone mentioning that even Thor couldn't do much. That's power.

-DM
Classis magneto , magneto now doesn't change

SS can do what mag can do( at cosmic levels) and 100 of others stuff

Q band just look at quasar ( who is an amateur Kepper is master of the band)

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by kgkg
Hey GS how you been buddy

How man I heard there are terrorists roaming in your block sad watch out

Yeah im cool. Thanx for asking. Luckily i live 45 mins outside of London and none of my family has to travel through London to get to work or anything.

Its crazy. Just two weeks after the last bombings. I was in London on Sunday as well using the tube system.

My friend had a lucky escape. She woke up late after going out the night before so she missed the bus that blew up.

leonidas
if i REALLY felt like ruining your day, kg, i COULD fetch a scan of the guardians of the galaxy giving keeper a run for his money. he did win the fight in the end, but the fact that the gog (who are an extremely weak team aside from starhawk) were able to work him -- even if only for a while -- doesn't exactly help your case any . . .

and just what level DO you (you kg, or anyone) think onslaught attained without franklin? skyfather? near skyfather? above skyfather? since onslaught wasn't around too long, i'd love opinions.

btw, for my money, and based on what i've seen and read of him, i tend to place keeper at about the skyfather level.

leonidas
<<My friend had a lucky escape. She woke up late after going out the night before so she missed the bus that blew up.>>

cripes. things like that make me feel REAL silly for even bothering with the insignificant stuff like this . . . glad you and whirly both are still with us. stay safe.

GalacticStorm
Without Franklins powers i wouldnt even put Onslaught at skyfather level. To be honest id say him and Thanos would be a good fight. His feats without Franklins powers have been achieved been achieved by other powerful mutants such as magneto on his own, exodus and stryfe. i,e defeating large groups of heroes.

His handling of juggernaut just doesnt make sense.

GalacticStorm
Thank u leo.

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
if i REALLY felt like ruining your day, kg, i COULD fetch a scan of the guardians of the galaxy giving keeper a run for his money. he did win the fight in the end, but the fact that the gog (who are an extremely weak team aside from starhawk) were able to work him -- even if only for a while -- doesn't exactly help your case any . . .

and just what level DO you (you kg, or anyone) think onslaught attained without franklin? skyfather? near skyfather? above skyfather? since onslaught wasn't around too long, i'd love opinions.

btw, for my money, and based on what i've seen and read of him, i tend to place keeper at about the skyfather level.
What issue.

The same G of Galaxy who couldn't even scratch Galactus at his weakest.

Keeper had to save their ass.

Like I said many times before, a serious SS, and a normal SS there is a big difference.

Keeper is above Skyfather.

Quasar, and CM has potential to top sky father level beings if they can utilize there power to the max, and kepper is that Q band to the max.

leonidas
<<What issue.>>

it was a gog annual while they were chasing down korvac's power. and yes it WAS that same gog team. and no, it didn't make sense, but that's what happened. i don't make the rules, i just scan 'em.

and personally, i don't think onslaught was quite skyfather level either, but i do think he was close enough to make a fight of this. for the record, i too think keeper would win this, but i think onslaught would give him some grief. the onslaught/thanos comparison is a pretty good one, i think.

whirlysplat
The Keeper exists in the Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel timelinebig grin He is not in the normal timelinebig grinOriginally posted by DigiMark007

-DM

leonidas
does that mean we can't talk about him?

smile

whirlysplat
he is not mainstream continuitybig grin

GalacticStorm
So? Nor are supreme power but we've had debates on them

whirlysplat
So? Its an observationsmile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by whirlysplat
So? Its an observationsmile

Ohhh ok. I thought you meant you didnt think it was a valid match up because of that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.