please move thread back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
This thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t354502.html was moved by Raz from the GDF to the video/computer games forum. It doesn't belong there for several reasons. I'll list a few of them:

1. It's NOT a video OR computer game
2. It's not only about statistical things from the game
3. 90% of the people in that forum wouldn't know what pen & paper mean if you hit them on the head with a tabletop RPG.

so please....move it back to the GDF

thank you in advance

~wickerman~

Clovie
PM Raz better

Wickerman
Originally posted by Clovie
PM Raz better

I already HAVE PM'd Raz, but he hasn't responded yet, so i'm asking a global moderator to move it back.

~wickerman~

yerssot
well, some people do tend to maintain a real life. Just wait till he responds, no need to make a thread.
Even so, if you wanted to ask a global mod cause you couldn't wait a PM was better

yeah yeah, I'm a nag, sue me

Clovie
They can't move it back if Raz moved it away messed that would be insubordination.

you should just wait for him.

Wickerman
Originally posted by yerssot
well, some people do tend to maintain a real life. Just wait till he responds, no need to make a thread.
Even so, if you wanted to ask a global mod cause you couldn't wait a PM was better

yeah yeah, I'm a nag, sue me

I might be gone for the weekend and wanted the thread to be moved back to the GDF.

If i PM-d another mod, he might just either ignore it or miss it. If i PM-d more than one mod, they could say i'm flooding their PM inboxes with unimportant things.

Therefore, a thread here wouldn't hurt anyone.

They can't move it back if Raz moved it away messed that would be insubordination.

you should just wait for him.

What the f**k? You've never been a moderator or an admin...have you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

Clovie
Originally posted by Wickerman
What the f**k? You've never been a moderator or an admin...have you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~ Not here. huh
and I don't see your point.

You asked Raz in the PM to move it back, and I guess you gave him reasons. so why does it bother you anymore?

As i said Globals won't move it back. all.

and yerss is totally right, as always

Wickerman
Not here. huh
and I don't see your point.

You asked Raz in the PM to move it back, and I guess you gave him reasons. so why does it bother you anymore?

As i said Globals won't move it back. all.

and yerss is totally right, as always

Well i don't know WHERE you've been a moderator or an admin, but yes, moderators CAN move a thread back if they are given reasons.
It would be "insubordination" as you so radically put it if Raz closed a thread and they opened it back up. Moving...nope.

It's still bothering me because no actions have been taken. And i can totally understand, since Raz is entitled to a life, just like everybody else. I'm not blaming him. I just want it to get fixed.

And they MIGHT not, but what do you care anyway right?

and this isn't the OTF so please don't drool over him here, k, thanks thumb up

~wickerman~

yerssot
refrain from personal attacks, wickerman, it's not playing in your advantage.
I might be gone for the weekend and wanted the thread to be moved back to the GDF.

If i PM-d another mod, he might just either ignore it or miss it. If i PM-d more than one mod, they could say i'm flooding their PM inboxes with unimportant things.

Therefore, a thread here wouldn't hurt anyone.

~wickerman~
will you die if it won't get returned before you leave? if so, I'm pretty sure people can give you raz his phonenumber, if not: patience is all you can do. A mod will never miss a PM, if they don't respond to it or do not move it, it just means they do not wish to comply with your request as they have the right to do.

Clovie
it's not the matter now erm
and yeah..they can. but they won't.

and you want everything to happen immediatelly?
if you want it to be fixed just wait for him to reply and stop whining about it.

i don't. you're just annoying me.

OTF? you must be kdding

Wickerman
refrain from personal attacks, wickerman, it's not playing in your advantage.

will you die if it won't get returned before you leave? if so, I'm pretty sure people can give you raz his phonenumber, if not: patience is all you can do. A mod will never miss a PM, if they don't respond to it or do not move it, it just means they do not wish to comply with your request as they have the right to do.

no, but it can be very easily fixed. And yes, mods can miss a PM. They're human. And i've already explained the reason for this thread. And usually if they dont wish to comply with a request, they'll give a reason.
I'm not trying to annoy the mods, i just made the thread so that the problem is seen, but not in an annoying irritating manner that i considered would be the effect of multiple PM's. And either way, this thread was intended for moderators to respond to, not members.

it's not the matter now erm
and yeah..they can. but they won't.

and you want everything to happen immediatelly?
if you want it to be fixed just wait for him to reply and stop whining about it.

i don't. you're just annoying me.

OTF? you must be kdding

I see you know each moderator's decisions before they do by saying they won't.....but seriously.,.....you don't no .
And no, i'm not saying i want it to happen immediately, but if i leave for the weekend i'd like this thread to exist so they can see the problem and solve it in the meanwhile.
There's a difference between whining and using a simple sollution.

the feeling is entirely mutual

Once more, i'll state what i already have. This thread was made for moderators to respond to. neither you, nor yerssot are moderators. Thanks thumb up

~wickerman~

yerssot
you want it fixed, that won't mean that they want it moved.
And I shall bow down and beg for mercy for intruding your thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz moved it, he saw it more fit in the Computer-section. No matter what reason you give, will outgrow his reason. That's how it is.
You can now keep replying with how members aren't allowed to post here according to you, and what else you have on your liver or just ignore this and do as what clovie and I have told you to do: just wait for raz to return and reply; it won't kill you

Wickerman
you want it fixed, that won't mean that they want it moved.
And I shall bow down and beg for mercy for intruding your thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raz moved it, he saw it more fit in the Computer-section. No matter what reason you give, will outgrow his reason. That's how it is.
You can now keep replying with how members aren't allowed to post here according to you, and what else you have on your liver or just ignore this and do as what clovie and I have told you to do: just wait for raz to return and reply; it won't kill you

Yes, i'm AWARE that they may choose not to move it back, this is (gosh, i might have to draw you a picture roll eyes (sarcastic) ) a way of letting them know what i request.

You can post in this thread all you like, and so can clovie, i'm by no means denying you that right, not just because i can't, but because it's your right. I was just letting the both of you know that i didn't create the thread in order to discuss the problem, but to expose what i consider a problem. Is the pink color confusing you? cause i can type in black if that makes it easier to understand wink

~wickerman~

yerssot
Yes, and as Clovie and I have said to you a few times by now: the best way to let them know is to PM them; not making a thread.

No, what is confusing to me is that you simply can't bear to bring up the patience. What will you gain from it IF they comply to your request, which is extremely doubtful, and IF it gets moved before you have your holiday? What makes it so important that you can't wait a day, perhaps two before you get a responce from Raz?

Wickerman
Yes, and as Clovie and I have said to you a few times by now: the best way to let them know is to PM them; not making a thread.

No, what is confusing to me is that you simply can't bear to bring up the patience. What will you gain from it IF they comply to your request, which is extremely doubtful, and IF it gets moved before you have your holiday? What makes it so important that you can't wait a day, perhaps two before you get a responce from Raz?

It can get a LOT more responses in the GDF forum. And i'd like for it to be fixed before i may leave.

~wickerman~

yerssot
if he or she ignores it, it's simply cause they don't agree with moving it. If you PM more, if you keep it with one PM it's not flooding. Flooding is sending umtheen PMs to the same one.

So what if it perhaps gets more response in the GDF?
Besides, there is a link in the GDF pointing to the thread still, it's not like it is lost now.

Wickerman
if he or she ignores it, it's simply cause they don't agree with moving it. If you PM more, if you keep it with one PM it's not flooding. Flooding is sending umtheen PMs to the same one.

So what if it perhaps gets more response in the GDF?
Besides, there is a link in the GDF pointing to the thread still, it's not like it is lost now.

Domino. If i PM'd and got no response, i'd PM again and again - flooding = bad. Then either the Mods would get p1ssed and warn me, or they'd have to reply to my PM's giving me a reason. This saves them that trouble.

The link doesn't show if the thread has gotten new replies since it's been moved. X clicks on the link, goes to where it was moved, replies. Y doesn't know that X replied, but just cause he wants to know, clicks on the link, finds the reply, etc.
That's simply more complicated than it should be.
Not to mention that it simply doesn't belong in the C&V game forum.....it......doesn't.....belong.......there.......

~wickerman~

yerssot
If they didn't respond, it would dawn to you that they simply don't want to move the thread, I think. So there is no need to PM again and again then.

so what if you can't see who replied last to it? Just go to the computer games forum and you'll see who replied last, those two seconds won't scare people who have something to say off.
And to your last phrase:
Ras clearly thinks otherwise

Wickerman
If they didn't respond, it would dawn to you that they simply don't want to move the thread, I think. So there is no need to PM again and again then.

so what if you can't see who replied last to it? Just go to the computer games forum and you'll see who replied last, those two seconds won't scare people who have something to say off.
And to your last phrase:
Ras clearly thinks otherwise

It wouldn't necessarily dawn on me that they don't want to move the thread. I've been known to miss PM's when i get a lot of them at a time, and i assume Mods also get that. So there's your reason for PM-ing again.

It's just that there's no reason for that hassle, be it small or great. As for Raz, he's human, therefore he can make mistakes. So....i'm just trying to clear things up.

~wickerman~

yerssot
It's not cause you miss PM's that others do too, so no reason to PM again.

Yes, as far as I know he is human. It is not cause you want it in the GDF that he should agree with you, and he clearly didn't.

Wickerman
It's not cause you miss PM's that others do too, so no reason to PM again.

Yes, as far as I know he is human. It is not cause you want it in the GDF that he should agree with you, and he clearly didn't.

I never said "Because i miss PM's then automatically everybody does" . All i'm saying is that it can happen, and it most likely happens to mods, and that's understandable.

And if you think my arguement to raz is "Move it back cause i wanna" then you either haven't read the thread or are trying some strange disfunctional debate strategy.

~wickerman~

yerssot
If they don't open the PM they will keep getting the blinking signal on top of every page.

I have, and your arguement doesn't go if Raz decided otherwise

Wickerman
If they don't open the PM they will keep getting the blinking signal on top of every page.

I have, and your arguement doesn't go if Raz decided otherwise

For some apparent reason a few days ago i received like...12 or so PM's, and when checking them, i missed one. And yeah, i had the blinking "1 new pm" box thing in the right corner, but didn't notice it. And the box with "you have a new private message" only appeared once for all 12 messages messed

Like i said, there are reasons why the thread should be moved, and i consider that Raz has made an honest mistake. By your response it would indicate that he's a fascist bastard that won't change his mind in 1000 years, just 'cause "i decided i'll move it, i don't care what you say" . I happen to believe he's not like that, but hey, you can believe what you like erm

~wickerman~

dave123
The majority of posters in your thread are known to frequent comp games once in a while anyway, so I reckon you'll still get similar traffic.

I don't feel it's GDF material myself, but I can see your point regarding why it doesn't belong in comp games, either... I could OTF it for you if you REALLY WANTED ME TO erm

So, you can either:

1) Let Raz move it to GDF if he thinks it belongs there
2) I'll move it to OTF
3) Leave it in comp games

Your choice happy

yerssot
well, it would be insane to get 12 pop up boxes, one for every PM, now wouldn't it wink then you can't go on a holiday anymore... good reason to get people to stay of course

you're putting rather heavy words in my mouth here, Wickerman. Look up what fascist is before just saying it since you shouldn't use such words lightly.
What I mean is that Raz is the admin, if he sees the thread fit for the Computer-forum, so be it. He decides and shouldn't give a reason if he deems necessary.

Wickerman
Originally posted by dave123
The majority of posters in your thread are known to frequent comp games once in a while anyway, so I reckon you'll still get similar traffic.

I don't feel it's GDF material myself, but I can see your point regarding why it doesn't belong in comp games, either... I could OTF it for you if you REALLY WANTED ME TO erm

So, you can either:

1) Let Raz move it to GDF if he thinks it belongs there
2) I'll move it to OTF
3) Leave it in comp games

Your choice happy

First of all, thanks for even responding to the thread wink

I haven't seen anyone in the thread other than Fire frequent the comp games forum, but i haven't been here for long erm

1. This was my choice, but seeing as how he's most likely busy, i thought i'd ask you guys
2. We both know it'd be buried under 30 pages of "I made Ken eat Rob's underwear" threads sad
3. and back to my problem sad

Maybe the GDF isn't the best place for it, but the c&v games forum isn't either. Neither is the OTF. I even thought of the RP forums, but a discussion thread wouldn't actually be on-topic there either.

The idea is that:

1. in the GDF people were already aquainted with the thread and had been responding. If you read the thread, you'll see we had a few quite long discussions.
2. There's already been a DnD thread in the GDF and it was pretty long and nice...THAT one wasn't moved
3. There's no other place that's suited for it.....

Actually......how's this??? There was a Dungeons and Dragons thread in the GDF....so how about this one being merged with that one???

~wickerman~

Wickerman
well, it would be insane to get 12 pop up boxes, one for every PM, now wouldn't it wink then you can't go on a holiday anymore... good reason to get people to stay of course

you're putting rather heavy words in my mouth here, Wickerman. Look up what fascist is before just saying it since you shouldn't use such words lightly.
What I mean is that Raz is the admin, if he sees the thread fit for the Computer-forum, so be it. He decides and shouldn't give a reason if he deems necessary.

BUT it would be effective stick out tongue

i know what fascism is...i've written several essays on it, and on communism, and have lived under one of them, so trust me...i know.
I understand that, but in ALL the forums i have/do frequent i've only once seen an admin that rule-zero-es like that without caring, and Raz seems like a nice guy that would listen to a problem, even though he COULD just not give a reason.

~wickerman~

dave123
Yeah, I agree with you on the OTF front, didn't think you'd like the sound of that stick out tongue

A merge sounds good to me, but I can't do that no

yerssot
perhaps it would get rid of some people then yeah wink

yeah, I don't mean that he'll never give a reason, just that he's not obligated to

Wickerman
Yeah, I agree with you on the OTF front, didn't think you'd like the sound of that stick out tongue

A merge sounds good to me, but I can't do that no

Hehehe.......there are two reasons i didn;t want that:

1. I've been there for quite some time...threads.like.that.die
2. There were two attempts at DnD threads in the OTF. One managed to reach about 12 posts before dying cry

Hmmm.....who can? I'm assuming a global moderator could right? Like...Winddancer or lil_bitchiness???

perhaps it would get rid of some people then yeah wink

yeah, I don't mean that he'll never give a reason, just that he's not obligated to

I meant it would be effective for the message boards, keeping people online for longer bwhuahahaha evil face

yeah, i understand that. Anyway, spirits got a bit hot earlier there....sorry erm

~wickerman~

dave123
Yeah, you're gonna have to wait for a global to do it yes

Just out of interest, cos I can't be bothered to look, did Raz leave the link in the GDF redirecting it to comp games?

yerssot
just with clicking "don't see my PMs now" wink

*shrugs* that's why it's a message board, to spice things up a little wink

Wickerman
Yeah, you're gonna have to wait for a global to do it yes

Just out of interest, cos I can't be bothered to look, did Raz leave the link in the GDF redirecting it to comp games?

Yes he did, and if i remember my mod days correctly, i think it's called the "Leave Shadow" function ....but i might be wrong confused

just with clicking "don't see my PMs now" wink

*shrugs* that's why it's a message board, to spice things up a little wink

Goddamit......yeah sad

hehehe....yeah, i 'spose

~wickerman~

dave123
We don't have those fancy terms, just a "redirect in previous forum" thing stick out tongue

But I suppose it's not so bad since he left the link, at least people will know where it's gone....

Anywho, good luck in getting this sorted out, I'm off to bed sleep

Wickerman
We don't have those fancy terms, just a "redirect in previous forum" thing stick out tongue

But I suppose it's not so bad since he left the link, at least people will know where it's gone....

Anywho, good luck in getting this sorted out, I'm off to bed sleep

Thanks Spence....i'm gonna hit the sack soon too.....it's past 2:30 AM thumb up

~wickerman~

Clovie
ermmm...
if i understand correctly your main problem was/is that you don't see if there was new replies?

why don't you just subscribe to that thread?

Raz
Thread has been moved to the OTF, since the GDF is not appropriate.

Next time stick to PMs, or use the report button to get mod attention.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.