"Last Days"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/

a film loosely based on the last days of Kurt Cobain's life...but not acutally about Cobain

im not sure how this will work but it sounds intruiging

it premiers at the cannes film festival and is directed by gus van zandt who directed good will hunting...the psycho remake and drug store cowboy among other films

the character is called "Blake" and is the Cobainalike

will it be any good?

MildPossession
I am looking forwards to it, be interesting to see what he has done with it, plus Asia Argento is in it smile

jaden101
thanks for the response...i remember you are the only person who responded when i posted about "dead man's shoes"

could it be that me and you are the only 2 people who try and seek out unusual and non mainstream films?

i hope not

and yes...asia argento...hoooweeee

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by jaden101
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403217/

a film loosely based on the last days of Kurt Cobain's life...but not acutally about Cobain

im not sure how this will work but it sounds intruiging

it premiers at the cannes film festival and is directed by gus van zandt who directed good will hunting...the psycho remake and drug store cowboy among other films

the character is called "Blake" and is the Cobainalike

will it be any good?

Looks pretty interesting.jm yes

vagaryatwill
Looks interesting. I would rather it be about Cobain though.

InterNtlDelight
that movie is wrong about kurt cobain!
it's barely about him at all. That stupid french dude doesn't know a thing about kurt cobain or rock music. mad mad mad

Cinemaddiction
He didn't know anything about High School when he made "Elephant", either. Go figure.

MildPossession
It's not a full on film about Kurt Cobain... it's a fictionalised version of his last days.

bilb
Originally posted by jaden101

could it be that me and you are the only 2 people who try and seek out unusual and non mainstream films?

No, I just wish everyone would leave Kurt alone.. if they had maybe he wouldnt have shot himself.....

Altar[1stONE]
just saw the film thought it was a masterpiece. I think they portrayed cobain just right . he went from a articulate genius to a mumbling suicidal piss ant on the verge of suicide. id give it 9/10 if they took out that homo sex scene god that was gross. but i guess they wanted to show how cobain wasnt homo phobic or whatever. i thought his suicide scene was done well, its not as sad as i thought it would be.

Cinemaddiction
Wow.

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I don't even want to waste my time reviewing it, but I might take the time to recollect the film in a day or two.

Sorgo
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
He didn't know anything about High School when he made "Elephant", either. Go figure.

Elephant? Don't you mean "The Columbine shooting"? Why didn't they just call it that?

Cinemaddiction
That movie was an insult to those guys, too.

Mandorallen
this movie is an insult to most people cine.

Cinemaddiction
You've seen "Last Days" already? It was only in 31 theatres nationwide, and I got the DVD last night. It's not even out until Tuesday.

Mandorallen
I watched it a few days ago, after about halfway through I got bored and went to bed, on account I had charity work today for the homeless, and was worn out.

The old lady gets access to early released DVDs from a lady she works with at the hospitol, and she just so happened to pick this one up.

Good morning kmc.

MildPossession
I absolutely adored Last Days, really enjoyed it, filmed beautifully. Fan of Gus Van Sant films, good end to a 'trilogy'. Will be buying the dvd to add to Elephant and Gerry. I really do enjoy his experimental films.

Cinemaddiction
I honestly don't know how anyone could derive any enjoyment out of something so incredibly trite. Van Zant's a one trick pony, which means his "Death Trilogy" was something he adopted from fans, masking his laziness to do anything 1/2 way original since "Good Will Hunting", instead putting his own spin on things he's absolutely clueless on, and tossing in homages to Gregg Araki with pointless "surprise" scenes of homosexuality.

I rarely get "angry" with films, but this one was so worthless. Why make a movie about someone when you're unfamiliar with the subject, and when said subject was totally empty? He could have made a film about a balled up piece of paper being tossed into a waste basket time after time, having never made it into the basket, and it would have had the same effect emotionally.

Tossing in the suicide scene at the end was sporatic and very empty. Like a "Hey, this was a movie about Kurt Cobain afterall, you guys!" kind of proclamation. Horribly flawed, IMO. I don't think I could bring myself to write a review about the movie, because I'd literally become angry.

I think what Van Zant did, aside from prove himself to be the most self-indulgent, hypocritical, pretentious hack in indie cinema was rape and brutalize whatever legacy Cobain MAY have had, by sharing his "speculation", which doesn't mean much to anyone anyway, given his lack of familiarity with the subject.

Mandorallen
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
. I don't think I could bring myself to write a review about the movie, because I'd literally become angry.

you'd be literally, literally angry.

laughing out loud

KillTheLight
Hated this movie it was nothing but boring pretentious crap..it was like watching paint dry sleep

Solo
Looks interesting. I'll check it out, only because I loved Drugstore Cowboy.

jayy
Originally posted by MildPossession
I absolutely adored Last Days, really enjoyed it, filmed beautifully. Fan of Gus Van Sant films, good end to a 'trilogy'. Will be buying the dvd to add to Elephant and Gerry. I really do enjoy his experimental films.

I think we will pass. Waste of money.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
I think Pitt's character killed himself because he was bored too.

A couple of question's.
1) What the hell did the Yellow Page salesman and the Church Dudes have to with anything?
2) Did I miss something in that forest shot?
3) Boys 2 Men video?

KillTheLight
I have no idea what that salesman and the church guys were about.. other then to add dialogue to this very dull and boring movie.To me the boys 2 men video was the only entertaining thing about he whole movie no expression..well what i saw of it..couldn't watch it all the way through sleep..I think they just showed him watching that music video to let the audience know the time the movie was set in messed

Smasandian
I guess, but did we really need to see the whole video.

Solo
I heard it has little to no dialogue, therefore I won't be seeing it. Unless I pass it by on HBO.

Smasandian
Oh yeah, nothing aside from some guys singing the same song twice, about a song, yellow pages, religion with the mormons, a jet heater, and some girl (from sonic youth) ask Blake to go away from house.
Thats it.
Thats all the dialouge there is in the movie. Oppps, i forgot about the story of a magicean

Solo
I'll be renting this soon. My review will be up in The Vomitorium as soon as I see it.

KillTheLight
wow thats brave of you..if you've got around over an hour and a half of your life to burn go for it .. seeing as your going to pay money to rent it.. I hope you make it all the way through... stick out tongue

Solo
Originally posted by KillTheLight
I hope you make it all the way through... stick out tongue
Let's hope.

Mando
Originally posted by KillTheLight
wow thats brave of you..if you've got around over an hour and a half of your life to burn go for it ..

I've burned about 1/3 of my life watching movies. Honestly, I mean it.

KillTheLight
Originally posted by Mando
I've burned about 1/3 of my life watching movies. Honestly, I mean it.

well seeing as you want to be a film maker (according to your profile) thats probably a good thing to you.. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.