Will they stop making ps2 games?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kmcdude
Now that xbox and ps3 are here sad

SaTsuJiN
I doubt that..they still make gameboy advance games.. and DS has been out for quite some time

General Zodiac
They need to quite making gameboy advance games and make some good DS games like Zelda and Resident Evil.

JKozzy
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I doubt that..they still make gameboy advance games.. and DS has been out for quite some time Partially because the DS isn't the next system in the 'Game Boy' series. That has yet to be made. Nintendo seems to halt support, or at least new games for a system, once the next one comes out. THPS3 was the last N64 game, to my knowledge. We don't know about Xbox since this is the first Microsoft system to be replaced. PS1 had plenty of releases after the PS2, so I think we'll see abundant PS2 games well after the launch of the PS3, if the trend is the same.

hotsauce6548
I think it will be quite some time after PS3 and 360 hit the market before games stop being made for Xbox and PS2.

DarkC
Originally posted by kmcdude
It's coming in 2006. It's not out yet.

§P0oONY
They will obviously stop making them after a while... there are less GBA games released now then prior to the DS, it's only a matter of a time.

sailormoon
I hope not!!!

The Ones
once ps3 is released the ps2 games will be for ps3 only better graphics, gameplay and higher price

Movie_Geek_
I think you can play the PS2 games on the PS3 like you can play PS1 games on PS2 so it dose not matter much. Actually there are still stores that known still sell PS1 games new for that reason.

JToTheP
They still make the occational Ps1 game, so maybe they will make Ps2 games. DS & PSP are terrible handhelds, they should never stop making GBA games.

WindDancer
Originally posted by kmcdude

Yes, and they will fade into video game history.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JToTheP
They still make the occational Ps1 game, so maybe they will make Ps2 games. DS & PSP are terrible handhelds, they should never stop making GBA games.

What was the last PS1 game?

Just wondering... wink

The Mon1234567
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CorderaMitchell
Of course they'll stop making ps2 games, consistently anyway.

PunkRockJunkie
No, I shouldn't think so.
The PS2 has been out for years, and PSX games are still in production, even if they aren't as widely used anymore.
PS2 games will keep selling, because the PS3 can play PS2 games (for that matter, it can also play PSX games).
rock

PunkRockJunkie
Originally posted by The Ones
once ps3 is released the ps2 games will be for ps3 only better graphics, gameplay and higher price

Consoles only enhance the graphics of the games made specifically for that console.
PSX games played on a PS2 aren't of a higher standard of graphics, as PSX games aren't specifically made for the PS2

JToTheP
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
What was the last PS1 game?

Just wondering... wink

a bunch of kids games, and that weird game C-18 or something. It's all on GameSpot.

crazy_shadow
only ps1 games i liked were worms armageddon and legend of legaia, lol

i dont think they will stop making ps2 games right away...but eventually they will...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.