Mr. Majestic vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gautam
which superman ripoff will win?

olympian
They seem pretty much the same to me. Planet mover vs planet destroyer. About the same strenght.

Speed and durability in the other hand im not sure. Majestic does seem a better h2h figther.

gautam
im thinkin gladiator has the speed advantage...

olympian
How does the durability of both do?

whirlysplat
Very similar durability, Majestic is much more intelligent

Khellendros
Flight speed is close, Gladiator may have the edge. Combat speed... well, I don't know enough about Glads to say, but Majestic is Flash level. Gladiator is more durable by a thin margin, but Majestic has shown that he can find and exploit nerve strikes when he can't just overpower an opponent.

Majestic basically has a higher percentage of good showings. I've read just about every appearance by Majestic there is and so far the only definitive loss he's taken is from a guy named Crusade who is FAR above other top tier/Herald level beings. Then you have Glads, and his cofidence thing, and all his low showings that balance out his high showings... Personally, I think Majestic takes it, but it's pretty damn close.

Mister Supreme
Originally posted by olympian
They seem pretty much the same to me. Planet mover vs planet destroyer. About the same strenght.

Speed and durability in the other hand im not sure. Majestic does seem a better h2h figther.

Olympian,why do you say Liefeld's original Supreme is closer to the pre-crisis Superman than post crisis?
How can anyone say that Liefeld's original Supreme(Liefeld's original Supreme from the first 12 issues) is near pre-crisis Superman's level in strength in power?

Byrne's Gladiator was at least SHOWN TO destroy planet with 3 hits.Supreme's strength was only SAID THAT HE DESTROYED EARTH-SIZED PLANET,but it was never shown.It was also never shown that Supreme fought against character who was shown to move planet(rearrange solar system)-that would prove that Supreme is strong enough to move a planet.
Any opinions,please?

An here is a copy of my own previous post:
About mister Majestic-Mister Majestic and Gladiator should be able to destroy Liefeld's original Supreme with one punch.

Mister Majestic: Kherubian warlord. He is an immortal lord of the Kherubim, alive for millenia. Willing to do whatever it takes (including killing his own teammates when he knew letting them live would lead to doom) he is exceedingly cool and calculating (like Gladiator, and unlike Superman, he uses his mind as much as his brawn). Mr Majestic has moved the entire solar system, all 9 planets, in order to save them from a planet consuming entity. He has split stars into two, and can fly from galaxy to galaxy just for the heck of it. Having strength at Pre-Crisis levels, he also has the added benefits of Kherubim warrior training, energy beams from his eyes, super-senses, and hyper speed. Furthermore he has a psionic shield that protects his mind from (just like Gladiator) psionic attacks. But he has also has limited telepathic abilities. He is Image's answer to PRe-Crisis Superman (Image was later acquired by WildStorm, which went to DC - where Mr Majestic popped up for a Crossover and whipped their heroes). His weaknesses are that he can become too cold emotionally, seeing friends as foes if it serves the greater good.
Gladiator has cunning - Majestros has that as well, but it has been honed over millenia. Gladiator has Shiar technology, Majestros has Kherubim tech, augmented by arcane spells. Gladiator is immune to some psionic attacks, Majestros is as well - plus he has limited telepathic ability. Gladitor has punched planets out of orbit, Majestros moved the whole solar system. Gladiator has flown through stars, Majestros has made a star (our sun) into a binary star.
And that whole conclusion thing, where Majestros and Hadrian are the last living things in the universe, and where they have a though 'Let There Be Light' and create a new universe - well, you do not get more powerful than that.

And how is Liefeld's original Supreme more powerful/stronger than this?

Mister Supreme
Cooool.

Mister Supreme
Originally posted by Khellendros
Flight speed is close, Gladiator may have the edge. Combat speed... well, I don't know enough about Glads to say, but Majestic is Flash level. Gladiator is more durable by a thin margin, but Majestic has shown that he can find and exploit nerve strikes when he can't just overpower an opponent.

Majestic basically has a higher percentage of good showings. I've read just about every appearance by Majestic there is and so far the only definitive loss he's taken is from a guy named Crusade who is FAR above other top tier/Herald level beings. Then you have Glads, and his cofidence thing, and all his low showings that balance out his high showings... Personally, I think Majestic takes it, but it's pretty damn close.

Any other opinions?

spetznaz
Originally posted by Mister Supreme
Any other opinions?

Strength wise they SHOULD be similar ....although recently Gladiator has been AMAZINGLY depowered. Also Gladiator's showings run the gamut, at one point he is shown as being a world-destroyer and at other times Colossus is giving him problems (and recently he couldn't outrun a tsunami).
And then there is the whole confidence thing.

Majestros on the other hand has all the strengths, has none of the silly weaknesses, and on top of that is an immortal warlord with millenia of combat under his belt. Add to this an intellect that would be a good match for any.

Majestros takes this. Id actually say 10/10 for Majestros, but I'll play nice and simply say Majestros wins.

Zack M
Majestic for a small majority.

With the blades, Majestic 8/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.