Ultimates discussion thread.(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Ultimates is one of my top titles I am reading now so I hope this thread will survive.

Lets discuss the Ultimates.

snoopdogg
Did anybody read Ultimates 2 issue #7?

The ending was was of the most dramatic I have read in a comic.

Who is the traitor and is Hawkeye dead?

Scoobless
i'd guess that it's Black Widow... and Hawkeye sure seems to be dead... but if you don't see it, don't expect it to be true

snoopdogg
I dont think that its a women judging by the hand drawn holding the gun.

I think its Captain America.

Scoobless
i considered Cap, but it was just a hand, no way to tell if it was a man or woman

i'd still go with Black Widow for now.... especially since it was Hawkeye that was hit.... you remember that they were introduced together in the office block with the aliens (at least i think they were intro'd together)

snoopdogg
Maybe its Loki playing a trick on everybody.

Thats possible.

ScarletSpider
Could be Loki disguised as Thor, that would throw everyone for a loop.

snoopdogg
It could be Loki but not disguised as Thor. Cause Thor is locked in the Triskelion.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Did anybody read Ultimates 2 issue #7?

The ending was was of the most dramatic I have read in a comic.

Who is the traitor and is Hawkeye dead?

Traitor has to be Cap or Nick fury, note that he says 'soldier' in addressing Hawkeye. No one else on the Ultimates talks like that. BUT, in Ultimate war I think it was, Proffessor X was talking to Nick Fury and he addressed him as Mystique, if I remember correctly.

yahman
I konw this is a pain but could somebody give me a brief synopsis of Ultimates Vol 2. We dont get new comics in Jersey and the papaer back book wont be out untill Christmas. Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody read Ultimate FF4. Can anyone tell me about a crossover between the Ult FF4 and the 616 FF4?

And could anybody tell me about Ultimate Secret? what ahppened at the end of it? When does the last chapter of Ultimate Galactus start?

Scoobless
as far as i know Ultimate secret only has 2 issues out thusfar... if there are more that i haven't seen let me know... but don't tell me what happens

snoopdogg
Originally posted by yahman

Does anybody read Ultimate FF4. Can anyone tell me about a crossover between the Ult FF4 and the 616 FF4? Well so far Ult. Reed was talking to another Reed for quite some time. The other Reed even said that your Avengers are called the Ultimates. But when Ult. Reed went to crossover to the apparent 616 universe there seemed to be a problem cause when he arrived there was nobody around. Then the comic ended.

And could anybody tell me about Ultimate Secret? what ahppened at the end of it? When does the last chapter of Ultimate Galactus start? Ultimate Secret only has two issues out so far.

Nobody knows yet.

seanjoseph
Just thought I'd point out that Hawkeye's not dead. Remember who forgot their purse at Hawkeye's house; Wanda. Quicksilver's on his way back to pick it up. He'll be able to rescue Clint, and stop Cap (the assassin judging by the cover of the next issue). I'm willing to bet Cap's been through some type of brainwashing by the government when he got his powers. (You wouldn't want an independent thinking super soldier now would you?)

Just some thoughts.

electric tiger
post removed

ScarletSpider
Maturity at it's best.

Superfly4000
I was just reading Unltimate Nightmare, it was pretty good.

ScarletSpider
It was okay. The last issue was pretty much the only thing worth reading.

I kind of wish Ultimate Secret would start going again.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
It was okay. The last issue was pretty much the only thing worth reading.

I kind of wish Ultimate Secret would start going again.

I thought the first issue was the best and yes I agree it would be great for ultimate secret to star again. We have Bendis to thank for the delay!

Ultimate Ion
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Traitor has to be Cap or Nick fury, note that he says 'soldier' in addressing Hawkeye. No one else on the Ultimates talks like that. BUT, in Ultimate war I think it was, Proffessor X was talking to Nick Fury and he addressed him as Mystique, if I remember correctly. Cap is too obvious though. Look at the traitor's hand size when making coffee and talking to Hank. It's small and slender and a person the size of Cap (6'3", 280lbs) would definitely be bigger than that. Besides, Ultimate Cap might be a badass but he's still a boyscout at heart. I have a hard time believing that a guy who beat up Hank for hitting his wife is going to go and kill someone's wife and kids.

I'm confident the traitor is Iron Man. For the one, its unexpected. Two, the traitor is tech savvy. He leaked the Hulk's real name without leaving a trace. Cap can barely use a remote control. Three, one of the writers mentioned how Stark's line in this scan would play in a significant part in Ultimates 2.

Nataku8188
That line would go against you, as he talks about saving the world instead of bleeding it dry. If he was the traitor, I think Thor would've been able to tell.

Ultimate Ion
Everyone in comics thinks they're saving the world. Even the villains. In his mind, he would be saving the world. We saw that Iron Man was disgusted at the thought of the Ultimates being used as weapons of mass destruction. Considering how they just crippled a nation, they have become weapons.

In addition, Iron Man has been with the group less and less so that could be alluding to his disenfranchisement with the group.

Nataku8188
True, but why would he have outfitted black widow with a new suit if he felt that way?

The fact that he's got the brain tumor and a new wife might be part of why he hasnt been around as much

willRules
Plus Iron-man has his own series, so I doubt he is a traiter............

Ultimate Ion
If Stark is the traitor I would imagine she, as his wife, would at least be aware of what's going on yet I also don't think she would want Hawkeye dead. Yeah, I've got nothing to explain that.

I think all the proof now points at either Cap, Iron Man, and Wasp. Like I said though, Cap is just way too obvious. It's supposed to be a mystery yet nearly every issue points almost directly at him.

Nataku8188
Cant be Iron man or Black widow, Loki specificly calls the traitor a super solider in issue 5

willRules
I hope it isn't Cap. I havent got any of the Ultimates 2. I have the original Ultimate series(1-13? i think) but I have only read bout this one....sounds cool..........

eleveninches
Its gotta be either fury or cap. Probably cap, as he has been portrayed as much more of a psycho than in 616 universe.

yahman
Originally posted by eleveninches
Its gotta be either fury or cap. Probably cap, as he has been portrayed as much more of a psycho than in 616 universe.

Are there any plans for an Ultimate Thor spin off?

Is there any rumours of him rejoining the Team by Volume 3?

Mann the fight with the other ultimates was pretty bad ass. smile
He looked at least a class 100 fighter during that. And when he releases his lightning he's pretty unstoppable. He also shows very clearly that he can think at Super Speed. And he use the Lightning to teleport himself around the place. I know he's not as powerful as the Classic 616 character, but he's still pretty bad ass. smile

willRules
Are there any plans for an Ultimate Thor spin off?

Is there any rumours of him rejoining the Team by Volume 3?

Mann the fight with the other ultimates was pretty bad ass. smile
He looked at least a class 100 fighter during that. And when he releases his lightning he's pretty unstoppable. He also shows very clearly that he can think at Super Speed. And he use the Lightning to teleport himself around the place. I know he's not as powerful as the Classic 616 character, but he's still pretty bad ass. smile

Do you have pics of it?

yahman
Originally posted by willRules
Do you have pics of it?

Mate i get the impression that you are in the same predicament as myself, not to long ago E.G. U don't have access to New comics? Or is it financial problems?

If your problem is the original i can solve it. smile

willRules
Mate i get the impression that you are in the same predicament as myself, not to long ago E.G. U don't have access to New comics? Or is it financial problems?

If your problem is the original i can solve it. smile

LOL my problem is both of those...............

yahman
LOL my problem is both of those...............

Do you have a Debut, credit card or access to a Check book. If so this company will change your life (Only joking but i went a bit mad when i got about a month ago wink )

Orbital Comics

Address: 148 Charing Cross Road, London , WC2H 0LB
Telephone: 020 7240 7672
See on a map

London Area: Soho

Nearest Transport Link:
Tottenham Court Road (London Underground)

Business Description
Orbital Comics deal in a collection of comics and movie memorabilia. They also sell a selection of toys and action figures.
Find more: Collectors Items in London

Whirly gave me this address about a month ago, and i got in touch with them and.... well as i said i went a bit mad. They've got loads of back issues and all the up to date comics. So if there's any comic you fancy just give them a bell. smile

They are really helpful, in fact you've got to watch out or you'll end up talking for ****ing ages. They're the guys who told me about the secret involving Batman.

willRules
LOl cheers but I live a little far from London...............

yahman
LOl cheers but I live a little far from London...............

Dude i live in Jersey. You get them mail delivered. All you have to do is call them up. smile

HigH ScholaR
what about www.megacitycomics.com their good to

HigH ScholaR
er use google for that web site

willRules
Dude i live in Jersey. You get them mail delivered. All you have to do is call them up. smile

Oh right cheers. I usually go to London, for one day a year, then I go in Gosh Comics which is opposite the British Museum.........

eleveninches
he's not as powerful as the Classic 616 character,

No kidding. He got beat by ultimate STORM!!!

yahman
Originally posted by eleveninches
No kidding. He got beat by ultimate STORM!!!

Its got to be Cap .... no ?

8bitChris
Holycrap guys SPOILERS!

manjaro
i dont who it is but i know who its not:

Cap: i agree too obvious
Wasp: IDk it looked like man hands, and she's too needy and vulnerable right now to be diabolical
fury: could be, he ususally calls ppl soldier
black widow: IDK she would have brought out her armor, but she is a spy after all
IM: too busy having fun with widow's vagina

also it could be pym, mad as shit for fury rejecting him joing up back as ant man or his free ultron droids, he was offereing to thier service.

since pym made sure that hulk didnt die, it could be hulk mad as shit that they tried to execute him, and lied to him that he was exhonerated before they drugged him.lastly it could be loki disguised as one of the heroe's to tear the team apart.

with regard to the thor battle tho i think that scientist guy(loki) said that it was designed to make the wearer the most powerful superhuman in the world. so in 616 term it would be thor's tradiational belt of might, or whatever fancy name he had for it.

yahman
Originally posted by manjaro
i dont who it is but i know who its not:

Cap: i agree too obvious
Wasp: IDk it looked like man hands, and she's too needy and vulnerable right now to be diabolical
fury: could be, he ususally calls ppl soldier
black widow: IDK she would have brought out her armor, but she is a spy after all
IM: too busy having fun with widow's vagina

also it could be pym, mad as shit for fury rejecting him joing up back as ant man or his free ultron droids, he was offereing to thier service.

since pym made sure that hulk didnt die, it could be hulk mad as shit that they tried to execute him, and lied to him that he was exhonerated before they drugged him.lastly it could be loki disguised as one of the heroe's to tear the team apart.

with regard to the thor battle tho i think that scientist guy(loki) said that it was designed to make the wearer the most powerful superhuman in the world. so in 616 term it would be thor's tradiational belt of might, or whatever fancy name he had for it.

I think that Thor really is a God/Whatever the Ult equivalent is. The Belt thing is based on Loki's reality warping abilities. I hope so any way, cos Ultimate Thor is really Bad ass. I'm thinking about dropping 616 and going for purely ultimate comics, but this decision will be based mainly on Thor's future appearances. He has the potential to be a truly classic character. I wish he was a little more powerful, but beggars cannot be choosers.

I really can't see it being Pym, he just doesn't have the resources,
Does anybody read Ultimate Iron man ?

Ultimate Ion
Ultimates 2 08 gives you the identity of the traitor on the 2nd page. So much for that mystery.

yahman
Originally posted by Ultimate Ion
Ultimates 2 08 gives you the identity of the traitor on the 2nd page. So much for that mystery.

It does ? confused

Enlighten us you ultimately charged particle.

Ultimate Ion
Janet talking to Hank for four hours in his apartment? Hank talking to traitor to the Ultimates wearing gloves in his apartment? Come on now.

yahman
Janet talking to Hank for four hours in his apartment? Hank talking to traitor to the Ultimates wearing gloves in his apartment? Come on now.

Ummmm still confused

Ultimate Ion
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yahman
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jannet ? confused

Ultimate Ion
Now I'm confused. laughing

You know Wasp's name is Janet right?

yahman
Now I'm confused. laughing

You know Wasp's name is Janet right?

That one was kind of a joke .... smile But im still none the wiser as to who you mean . This is not helping my rep as the most switch on guy on the forum .... Dude please put me out of my misery

Ultimate Ion
Janet Pym is the Wasp. The Wasp is a member of the Ultimates.

The traitor within the Ultimates was seen talking to Hank Pym in his apartment in issue 6 of the Ultimates vol. 2. In the most recent issue, Captain America revealed to Janet, that's the Wasp remember, that he knows she was recently in Hank's apartment for several hours. Janet (the Wasp) admitted that fact and also admitted to just talking with him. You see, Cap thinks Janet is a whore (which she is) and that she slept with Hank.

Now by putting 2 and 2 together, we can deduce that The Wasp (Janet Pym) is the traitor to the Ultimates.

We can also deduce that Captain America owes Thor a serious apology but that's another issue for another time.

yahman

The traitor within the Ultimates was seen talking to Hank Pym in his apartment in issue 6 of the Ultimates vol. 2. In the most recent issue, Captain America revealed to Janet, that's the Wasp remember, that he knows she was recently in Hank's apartment for several hours. Janet (the Wasp) admitted that fact and also admitted to just talking with him. You see, Cap thinks Janet is a whore (which she is) and that she slept with Hank.

Now by putting 2 and 2 together, we can deduce that The Wasp (Janet Pym) is the traitor to the Ultimates.

We can also deduce that Captain America owes Thor a serious apology but that's another issue for another time.

Nah Seriously I was joking confused but jour logic kind of make sense. confused

Ultimate Ion
Damn you for toying with my emotions! sad

yahman
Damn you for toying with my emotions! sad

laughing

Your a cool guy mannn , how cum you aren't on much ?

Ultimate Ion
College and work. I need more freetime.

yahman
College and work. I need more freetime.

Indeed .... don't we all ? sad

eleveninches
captain america is a D!CK

snoopdogg
Issue #8 takes Cap off the suspect list for the traitor.

Unless hes a really good actor.

8bitChris
You guys think Thor has a few screws loose? Or do you think Ultimate Asgard and Loki are real?

That has been my favorite subplot of the Ultimates so far.

pr1983

i had the same thought, but i cant see wasp being the traitor, i just don't get that vibe from her...

i still think its black widow, either that or Its more of Loki's shenanigans...

manjaro
starts off with cap and friend blasting him with flame throwers

manjaro
ok things are starting to heat up

manjaro
here we go furhter

manjaro
xxxxx

manjaro
almost there

manjaro
get gassed up and and get blast up

manjaro
xxxxxzzzzz

manjaro
yeah buddy boy thats the basic idea

Nataku8188
You guys are still saying Janet is the traitor? It's obviously Captain America, THEY HAD HIM ON CAMERA. ON CAMERA.

How much more concrete does the evidence have to get?

Of course I still think it's Loki just ****ing with everyone, but that's just me.

pr1983
You guys are still saying Janet is the traitor? It's obviously Captain America, THEY HAD HIM ON CAMERA. ON CAMERA.

Of course I still think it's Loki just ****ing with everyone, but that's just me.

Ahem...

Originally posted by pr1983
i had the same thought, but i cant see wasp being the traitor, i just don't get that vibe from her...

i still think its black widow, either that or Its more of Loki's shenanigans...

willRules
I saw ultimates issue 8 today but I didn't buy it cos I bought another comic, it had a picture of cap on the front with handcuffs on him, I quickly flicked though the issue to see various ultimates gang up on him......

eleveninches
Yeah, I still think it's cap. Even the cover showed that it was so obviously cap.

Scoobless
Cant be Iron man or Black widow, Loki specificly calls the traitor a super solider in issue 5

i'd say Widow is a Super-Soldier

Image inducer or shapeshifter

Ultimate Ion

Loki can screw with cameras you know...

willRules
what about issue 8? i havent bought it (yet) but on the front cover it has Cap in handcuffs and inside he was fighting aload of ultimates.........

DigiMark007
I hope Loki wins...he needs some cred from always getting whupped by Thor.

I didn't even like the Avengers in 616...but the Ultimates are awesome. I'm looking forward to their storylines more than any other the other Ultimate series (even my beloved Spider-Man).

I'd put in another vote for Loki messing with people (mind controlling Cap??) but it's all just speculation at this point.

8bitChris
Loki isn't real!

Thor is a skitzo! He is the one behind all of it. That crazyNordick bastard.

There is no Ultimate Asgard!

DigiMark007
Actually, 8BC, that would probably be the most shocking outcome. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, since most everything in the Ultimate universe at least tries to be more believable than their 616 counterparts.

yahman
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, 8BC, that would probably be the most shocking outcome. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, since most everything in the Ultimate universe at least tries to be more believable than their 616 counterparts.

The most realistic scenario IMO (The Gospel according to Yahman)

The Gods are highly advanced Aliens who exist in a higher dimension and have access to technologies far beyond our understanding (i.e. 5th Dimensional imp from D.C.) - Loki has used this tech to change reality enough so that Thor can no longer can use his powers without added tech.

big grin

willRules
I hope it is Loki screwing with everyone..........

8bitChris
I cant believe you guys actually believe Thor!

He's a nurse hippie in some super armor from Norway!

All he did was use his influence to pick up chicks!

willRules
still I don't want cap to be the traiter he is too cool to be arrested..........

HigH ScholaR
Real name Either Thor Odinson, or Thorlief Golmen
Status Active
Affiliations
Previous affiliations Ultimates
Notable aliases
Notable relatives Gunnar Golmen/Loki, God of Mischief (brother)
Notable powers Either the incarnation of the Norse god of thunder, or advanced technology grants him control over thunder and lightning, flight, superhuman strength and durability, and the ability to move matter between dimensions.

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thor was a psychiatric nurse until he suffered a mental breakdown and spent 18 months instiutionalized. When he was released, he claimed to be Thor, Norse god of thunder, and attracted rebellious teenagers and conspiracy theorists with his speeches and self-help books. He has spoken against America's military aggression against other world powers.

Superhuman
General Nick Fury contacted him about joining the Ultimates, but Thor refused to work for the military-industrial complex that he detests. When the Hulk appeared in Manhattan, Thor refused to lend his aid unless the President doubled the foreign aid budget. When his request was met, Thor intervened, giving the team the time to inject the Hulk with the antidote that turned him back into Bruce Banner.

Homeland Security
Thor was the first to report that the Chitauri base in Micronesia had been long abandoned. Upon arriving at the base in Arizona, Thor and Iron Man provided air support against the Chitauri spacecraft until the Air Force arrived. When Iron Man was called down to deal with the Chitauri bomb, Thor unleashed a massive electrical burst, blasting every alien craft around him, much to General Fury's amazement, who thought he was a pacifist; Thor corrected him: "A pacifist with a big, scary hammer." Iron Man asked Thor to help him dispose of the bomb that would obliterate the entire solar system, so Thor teleported it to the wastes of Nastrond; its detonation caused only a small ripple in space-time.

Ultimates 2
Thor met Volstagg the Voluminous in a New York restaurant, where Volstagg told him that Loki had escaped the Room Without Doors, and that the Ultimates are pawns of the New World Order. When a waiter asked Thor who he was talking to, Thor explained that Volstagg was his friend, but the waiter told him that nobody else was at his table.

Captain America initially believed that Thor was responsible for the information leak that outed Banner as the Hulk, and went to a nightclub he frequented to confront him. When Thor's admirers and hangers-on attacked Cap, Thor ordered them to stop, and said that he didn't have the technological know-how to do such a thing; he offered the explanation that Loki was the most likely suspect.

When an Italian demonstration against the European Defence Initiative's super-soldier program turned violent, Thor intervened. The Ultimates learned from the EDI's head scientist, Gunnar Golmen, that Thor had stolen the technology that gives him his powers, and they tracked him to Norway to take him into custody. Thor told them that Gunnar was actually Loki, but they attacked him anyway. He shrugged off whatever they threw at him, until Quicksilver managed to remove his belt, and Thor came crashing to the ground. He now occupies Bruce Banner's cell in the Triskelion, where Gunnar/Loki taunted him about the existence of a traitor within the Ultimates' ranks.

willRules
all will be revealed in due time.........

Blair Wind
well this thread needs to be bumped.

Question does anyone have a scan on how the fight between thor and electro went in Ultimate Six??

Scoobless
It wasn't really shown...... they flew up into the sky then Thor flew back when Electro was beaten

Blair Wind
aight. Was reading up on that, and I thought they might have made it more interesting.

any other scans out there of him doing something uber, other than the alien invasion and him beating on the Ultimates? Hes an interesting character......

any scans of Ultimate Ironman as well. Looks a lot more realistic than the normal one (with the bigger head piece) and 100 men to take care of it.

I have the first two volumes (up till they beat the aliens)
any scans on the two after that would be welcome

Marcus4600
The traitor is Black Widow. Stark already bashed her with a wine bottle.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Blair Wind
aight. Was reading up on that, and I thought they might have made it more interesting.

any other scans out there of him doing something uber, other than the alien invasion and him beating on the Ultimates? Hes an interesting character......

any scans of Ultimate Ironman as well. Looks a lot more realistic than the normal one (with the bigger head piece) and 100 men to take care of it.

I have the first two volumes (up till they beat the aliens)
any scans on the two after that would be welcome

Mainly just the ones i posted here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371616&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=8

since then he's been locked up

Blair Wind
I already have those. Nothing in any of the Six or xmen crossovers? other than the pure pis that is Colossus kicking his butt?

Blair Wind
also how the hell is Ironman able to download info into his brain? when did this happen?

The Ion
I think that was explained in the Ultimate Iron Man mini.

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
I think that was explained in the Ultimate Iron Man mini.

yup.... he has neural material growing throughout his body.... basically his entire body is a big brain, he invents sh!t all the time.... he probably invented the nanites he uses for those downloads in about two hours

Lucid Lui
Ultimates #12 cover. Looks like they're bringing everyone in.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/15/ultmtsv2012covcmykpreviewcopy4.jpg

Blair Wind
is it just me or do some of the people there look...wierd? like wolvie, colossus, storm.....

snoopdogg
When does Ultimates #12 come out? Next year sometime probably.

willRules
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Ultimates #12 cover. Looks like they're bringing everyone in.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/15/ultmtsv2012covcmykpreviewcopy4.jpg

eek! eek! LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait eek!

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by snoopdogg
When does Ultimates #12 come out? Next year sometime probably.

I'd guess that it comes out at April...of 2008.

Galan007
#NecroBump!!!

Anyway, the first issue of the new series was quite promising. I'm very curious to see how this plays out:
http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/24482473_Ultimates_2015-_001-015.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/24482474_Ultimates_2015-_001-016.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/24482475_Ultimates_2015-_001-017.jpg

ShadowFyre
Definitely. Just read SW 7, Thors 5, all new avengers, the new avengers last week. This is maybe the only one I will keep picking up since there is no real Avengers. Especially not if the series is gonna be about Novas crappy relationship problems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.