Count Dooku and General Grievous vs. Yod and Qui-Gon Jinn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Windu
A Sith Lord and his cyborg apprentice versus the Grandmaster of the Order and the Master of the man who trained the Chosen One. Qui-Gon is at his best.

Darth_Janus
Yod... lol... It happens.

Anyways, Grievous strikes me as being a faster opponent than Maul was, and is less likely to play with Qui-Gon, so this boils down to Yoda versus Dooku. Grievous could try and help Dooku but I don't think he'd be much of a help. My guess is Yoda wins, barely.

Darth Windu
Yod. . . . lol.

MAKASHIMAN
Grievous would slaughter jinn (for being a fathead with all the prophecy junk and bringing about the destruction of the jedi order), yoda would execute dooku, and then Grievous would become yoda's new padawan.(Grievous is not dooku's apprentice because he can't use the force and there can only be two sith atta time)

Captain REX
Grievous would be killed pretty fast, either by Yoda or Jinn, then Yoda and Jinn would double-team Dooku, who ran from Yoda in the first place; having two people such as Yoda and Qui-Gon on Dooku's back would bring him down.

Darth_Janus
He ran not for himself, but because the plans he contained had to survive.

MAKASHIMAN
Jinn is a sloppy fighter I don't think he'd fare well against the General.

Darth Windu
Cyborg apprentice- meaning he taught him to fight, not that he's a Sith Lord. Ventress was also Dooku's apprentice, yet she was no Sith.

MAKASHIMAN
Ahhhh.

Darth Windu
And I don't know, I think Grievous might be able to fight Jinn and emerge victorious. It's possible.

MAKASHIMAN
Jinn is more of a consular. He is like tiin they both concentrate on the force.

Darth Windu
Oooookay. But that doesn't change the fact that Jinn was considered one of the best duelists in the Order during his prime.

MAKASHIMAN
How old is Jinn in tpm anyway 60?

Darth Windu
Yep.

Darth_Janus
He's one of the best and, quite frankly, his technique sucks. I think that was an overstatement from a dubious author or source. I mean, Qui-Gon doesn't have a chance in hell against ROTS Obi-Wan, someone with 20 years less experience then him, nor against Yoda, Mace, or (I will daresay) ROTS Anakin.

MAKASHIMAN
Grievous will make a mop out of QGJ's hair and use it to mop the floor.

Darth Windu
Ye

Fishy
GG will take out QGJ fast.

Dooku and Yoda will still be fighting, Yoda will back up for a second destroy GG with the force and then continue to slaughter Dooku.

Yoda or Yod wins.

Darth Martin
Umm Jinn doesn't stand a chance against GG. Yoda beats both GG and Dooku though.

Gideon
The amusing and decidedly overzealous pro-Dooku ramblings above notwithstanding, why did you bump this thread? Assuming that he is waging battle without sentimental attachments and redemption for Dooku in mind (ie, the mentality he has regarding the Sith Lord after the debacle on Vjun), he will comfortably waste his former protege. Qui-Gon versus Grievous would be interesting, I think. Not that it matters, because if Qui-Gon doesn't win -- Yoda will come on over and manhandle Grievous.

Yoda and Qui-Gon (but mostly Yoda) win.

Darth Martin
Jinn will die fighting Grievous 1on1.

truejedi
yoda wouldn't let it happen, both masters come out of a fight like this unscathed. Yoda vrs. Grievous would be a short fight, so why would Yoda let Grievous fight Jinn one on one? but what hasn't been mentioned is: Jinn can use the force against Grievous too. I'll take a force user over a droid any day. So Yoda>Dooku>||==Jinn>Grievous.
Jedi come out unscathed.

Rampant ox
But Dooku would be just as lethal against Jinn -- if not more so -- than Greivous. You have to keep in mind that Count Dooku was once Qui-Gons master, and knows "every weakness of the Ataru form, with its ridiculous acrobatics". Ataru obviously being Jinn's preferred lightsaber style. Not to mention that the Count's force prowess goes above and beyond anything we have evr seen for Jinn.
In fact, I would go as far as to say that Dooku would beat his old apprentice faster than General Greivous would.

Darth Martin
Yoda will make quick work of GG yes, but Jinn will die. GG took on 9 jedi of whom included Ki Adi Mundi, while Mundi didn't die he would have if that team of ARC troopers didn't arrive. Mundi is eqaul to Jinn if not higher considering this is near ROTS.

Count Makashi
Originally posted by Gideon
The amusing and decidedly overzealous pro-Dooku ramblings above notwithstanding, why did you bump this thread? Assuming that he is waging battle without sentimental attachments and redemption for Dooku in mind (ie, the mentality he has regarding the Sith Lord after the debacle on Vjun), he will comfortably waste his former protege. Qui-Gon versus Grievous would be interesting, I think. Not that it matters, because if Qui-Gon doesn't win -- Yoda will come on over and manhandle Grievous.

Yoda and Qui-Gon (but mostly Yoda) win.

I didn't see, any overzealous pro Dooku arguments, actually, almost everyone agreed that Yoda wins.
I don't think Yoda is that better, then Dooku as you are saying. In AOTC, Yoda had to stop Dooku from escaping, he had the chance to stop the war, trillions of lives were at stake, the future of all the Galaxy, i wouldn't say, he went easy on him. Lets say, he didn't want to kill him, he still had to break trough his defences, injure him, disarm him, make him surrender, but he didn't succeed in any of this things, Dooku holded his won.

In this fight, Yoda wins, yes.

Dooku takes care of Qui-Gonn, while Yoda takes care of Grievous and then Yoda defeats Dooku.

Gideon
You'll excuse me, Count Makashi, if I don't take your objection seriously, since you are, yourself, a notorious Dooku fanboy.

Darth Martin
Yes Count Dooku held his own for under a minute. Any longer and he'd die thats why he tried to escape.

vader11
Qui Gon probably die, but Yoda wins.

Darth Martin
Yoda can solo this probably.

qui-gon-fanboy
QGJ and Yoda own this fight. You're all forgetting that if Yoda is destroying Dooku, then Jinn's gonna have it easy against GG, what with his knowledge of the force. His knowledge combined with ataru's acrobatic nature will kill GG. Yoda will have it tough in a force fight with the count, but once the sabers come out he's won. Plus, by that time i daresay Jinn will have finished GG.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by qui-gon-fanboy
QGJ and Yoda own this fight. You're all forgetting that if Yoda is destroying Dooku, then Jinn's gonna have it easy against GG, what with his knowledge of the force. His knowledge combined with ataru's acrobatic nature will kill GG. Yoda will have it tough in a force fight with the count, but once the sabers come out he's won. Plus, by that time i daresay Jinn will have finished GG. no

Rewatch the CW series. GG was dodging force attacks from highly skilled masters. He could even stand that Ethorion's powerful breath. Once GG gets in close he will destroy Jinn. He uses Ataru which is all offense and against GG you need to be on the defensive unless your Mace Windu, Yoda, or meybe just meybe Anakin Skywalker. These people have extreme offensive capabilities. The weak link is Jinn here, seeing as to he can't beat Tyranus or Grievous. Whereas Yoda could take both at the same time.

Darth Hord
No matter who he faces Qui-gon will go down. He hasn't shown mastery in the force (offensively) on the level Dooku has nor has he shown enough saber skills to match to him. Grievous has shown that he can avoid force maneuvers such as push and he has been trained in all(not vapaad) the forms of saber combat and not to mention his unique style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8Rx-GqJDM
I can't see Qui-gon beating him.^

Yoda will be the only walking away from this duel in my opinion.

Darth Martin
Thank you.

Darth Hord
Your welcome for...............

Darth Martin
.......complementing on what I said. In other words ~cosigned~.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Martin
.......complementing on what I said. In other words ~cosigned~.

I know I just wanted to hear you say it wink1

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Hord
I know I just wanted to hear you say it wink1 lol mad

darthsith19
If it's ROTS Grievous, Jinn holds him off until Yoda kills Dooku, then together they pwn Grievous. Not sure about who'd win if it was EU Grievous.

Darth Martin
Jinn can't hold Grievous off. In the CW series Vol.2 Grievous disarmed a Ki Adi Mundi in about 3 seconds. He would have killed him if the team of ARC Troopers hadn't of showed up. Ki Adi Mundi is near if not above Jinn's level by then.

darthsith19
Jinn can't hold Grievous off. In the CW series Vol.2 Grievous disarmed a Ki Adi Mundi in about 3 seconds. He would have killed him if the team of ARC Troopers hadn't of showed up. Ki Adi Mundi is near if not above Jinn's level by then.
Qui-Gon was one of the Jedi Order's finest swordsmen, he rivaled Mace Windu, and was the finest swordsmen his lightsaber instructor had taught in over 400 years. ROTS Grievous put up a decent fight against ROTS Kenobi so yes, I think Qui-Gon could hold him off for quite some time, he did fend off Maul for a while one on one and Maul was called one of the most powerful Sith Apprentices in history.

I also agree that Mundi is near of above Jinn's level, but Mundi is really good. Have you seen the pic of what he was able to do with the Force when he was fatigued? If not, I can post it here for you. Also, Mundi and the others were exhausted on Hypori even before they fought Grievous, yet an exhausted Ki-Adi Mundi was able to hold off EU General Grievous for over one minute. A lot of people don't realise how long Mundi held off Grievous for one on one, but the team of ARC Troopers find the room where Grievous began fighting the Jedi on Hypori, and all the Jedi are down, except Mundi. It is an entire minute later, to the exact second, before they find Grievous and Mundi fighting, and at that second, Mundi is disarmed and Grievous is about to finish him off. So that means Mundi, alone and exhausted, held off EU General Grievous for at least one minute, so Jinn, who is about on Mundi's level, should be able to hold ROTS General Grievous off for at least a minute and a half. If I remember correctly, Dooku ran from Yoda in AOTC about 50 seconds into their lightsaber duel, and Yoda wasn't going all-out on him. I could see a full-out Yoda taking out Dooku in a minute and a half of less.

Darth Martin
Okay I will admit I had completely forgot that Mundi had been fighting GG for a longer point of time. Everyone's seen that "Look at what a fatigued Mundi can do with the Force" feat. It matters not here for we are talking about lightsaber dueling. The fact is that a focused Darth Maul not taunting or holding back killed a focused Qui Gon Jinn in 32 seconds after the force field opened up. QQ>Maul in lightsaber combat. He's just too fast and strong not to mention he can effectively fight with 5 lightsabers. On Tantooine when Maul jumped off the speeder he must've fought Jinn for meybe 20 seconds and Jinn managed too escape exhausted when Maul was wanting more. Jinn is just seriously outclassed and gets demolished by Grievous here.

Shadow Spider
Dooku and CW Grievous would win hands down.

Darth Martin
No because Yoda can solo this.

darthsith19
Qui-Gon was one of the Jedi Order's finest swordsmen, he rivaled Mace Windu, and was the finest swordsmen his lightsaber instructor had taught in over 400 years. ROTS Grievous put up a decent fight against ROTS Kenobi so yes, I think Qui-Gon could hold him off for quite some time, he did fend off Maul for a while one on one and Maul was called one of the most powerful Sith Apprentices in history.

I also agree that Mundi is near of above Jinn's level, but Mundi is really good. Have you seen the pic of what he was able to do with the Force when he was fatigued? If not, I can post it here for you. Also, Mundi and the others were exhausted on Hypori even before they fought Grievous, yet an exhausted Ki-Adi Mundi was able to hold off EU General Grievous for over one minute. A lot of people don't realise how long Mundi held off Grievous for one on one, but the team of ARC Troopers find the room where Grievous began fighting the Jedi on Hypori, and all the Jedi are down, except Mundi. It is an entire minute later, to the exact second, before they find Grievous and Mundi fighting, and at that second, Mundi is disarmed and Grievous is about to finish him off. So that means Mundi, alone and exhausted, held off EU General Grievous for at least one minute, so Jinn, who is about on Mundi's level, should be able to hold ROTS General Grievous off for at least a minute and a half. If I remember correctly, Dooku ran from Yoda in AOTC about 50 seconds into their lightsaber duel, and Yoda wasn't going all-out on him. I could see a full-out Yoda taking out Dooku in a minute and a half of less.

darthsith19
Sorry about the above post, I am stealing wi-fi from a neighbor on my laptop and it wans't working properly. I left and went to a new years party, then tried posting it again, not knowing that it had already posted the first time. I tried to edit it, but then the connection kept failing and I can only edit a message for 15 minutes - I ran out of time. Sorry again.

Okay I will admit I had completely forgot that Mundi had been fighting GG for a longer point of time. Everyone's seen that "Look at what a fatigued Mundi can do with the Force" feat. It matters not here for we are talking about lightsaber dueling. The fact is that a focused Darth Maul not taunting or holding back killed a focused Qui Gon Jinn in 32 seconds after the force field opened up. QQ>Maul in lightsaber combat. He's just too fast and strong not to mention he can effectively fight with 5 lightsabers. On Tantooine when Maul jumped off the speeder he must've fought Jinn for meybe 20 seconds and Jinn managed too escape exhausted when Maul was wanting more. Jinn is just seriously outclassed and gets demolished by Grievous here.
Is this a saber duel? I don't see where it says it's a saber duel, so it's an all-out duel, Force and sabers. Maul caught Qui-Gon off guard by hitting him in the face with the handle of his lightaber, and they seemed pretty close during the entire 32 seconds. Did you mean GG > Maul in saber combat? If yes, I'm not so sure, ROTS Grievous and Maul are probably pretty even with sabers. In the desert Qui-Gon was caught by surprise, but more importantly, he was exhausted from running through the desert. I run track, I'm a sprinter. The fastest kid on my team, Antwan, can beat me by a fairly large margin, but if I ra two miles through the desert first, he'd completely obliterate me. Similar to the Maul vs. Qui-Gon fight in the desert on Tatooine. Remember, Jinn rivaled Mace and was one of the Order's finest swordsmen. Dooku says he'd pity EU Grievous should Grievous face any of the Jedi Masters on the Council, and Jinn is at least as strong as most of them are.

No because Yoda can solo this.
I seriously doubt that. Dooku alone is good enough to give Yoda a tough fight, and EU Grievous is strong enough that he gave Mace Windu a good fight in LOE and Dooku says he's often hard-pressed to defeat Grievous. Dooku could distract Yoda with the Force while Grievous comes at him with lightsabers, and then when Grievous attacks him with sabers, Dooku can stop using the Force and come over with his lightsaber and attack Yoda as well, and Yoda is very powerful but even he couldn't survive that, only a couple people could, NJO Luke, DE Sidious, Darth Caedus, and perhaps a couple others.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by darthsith19

Actually his lightsaber duel with Yoda lasted 30secs so fail to that argument

darthsith19
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Actually his lightsaber duel with Yoda lasted 30secs so fail to that argument
I will check when I get home but I know tha it lasted closer to a minute. Why did you wait so long to reply?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.