Gladiator's Heat Vision VS. Superman's Heat Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who's is hotter?

Who's is more powerful?

Debate.

snoopdogg
kgkg said that Kallarks is hotter than the hottest stars etc.

-sh!t like that.

whirlysplat
Spam threadbig grin

again!

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirlyrock

olympian
Who is hotter? Pfff none of them.

Alba on the other hand..............

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
kgkg said that Kallarks is hotter than the hottest stars etc.

-sh!t like that.
yep Gladiator heat is much the hottest shit out there.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by kgkg
yep Gladiator heat is much the hottest shit out there. Oh yea it surely is.

There is so much evidence to back it up wink

kgkg
Oh yea it surely is.

There is so much evidence to back it up wink
Gladiator at his prime = everything near limitless

His powers are all affected by his confidence.

snoopdogg
Gladiator at his prime = everything near limitless

His powers are all affected by his confidence. Looks like a pre-crisis Superman wannabe to me.

kgkg
Looks like a pre-crisis Superman wannabe to me.
and you wanted to know if Gladiator can move fast well here.

kgkg
speed

snoopdogg
He is fast no doubt about that. But he much not hit very hard cause HT has normal human durabilty and he survived the blow.

snoopdogg
and you wanted to know if Gladiator can move fast well here. How is he moving fast?

He is laughing at Johnny Storm. laughing

kgkg
How is he moving fast?

He is laughing at Johnny Storm. laughing
read what fire boy says

snoopdogg
The first pic you posted didnt show him using superspeed.

It showed him using his Superman powers.

kgkg
The first pic you posted didnt show him using superspeed.

It showed him using his Superman powers.

this one

kgkg
check this THor and buddy are amped in speed

kgkg
smile

snoopdogg
Those are nice but how do they portray superspeed?

kgkg
Those are nice but how do they portray superspeed?
are you kiddin?

Solidus Snake
okay....i see this thread is here to amp up gladiator

i shall reiterate

in operation galactic storm. thor (actually eric masterson twit thor) beat gladiator senseless and tossed him into an imploding stargate.

so gladiator may be fast, FTL when flying, fast enough to hit human torch in a fight, but thats as fast as his reflexes go. thor is faster in a fight and he punked him up.

in fact, when batman punched out guy gardener, guy didnt see him move either. so that statement means nothing. and guys reflexes and torch's are prolly on par.

please stop showing 1 panel fights. they hold no intrinsic value. talk about the fight.

oh...and supes can defeat thor smile

snoopdogg
are you kiddin? No Im not.

The first one he uses his super-breathe to blow Johnny. eek!

The secod one says it takes him hours to cross the Shi-Ar Empire.

The third shows him flying through a wall and going after Thor.

Where does it say that he is using lighspeeds?

kgkg
No Im not.

The first one he uses his super-breathe to blow Johnny. eek!

The secod one says it takes him hours to cross the Shi-Ar Empire.

The third shows him flying through a wall and going after Thor.

Where does it say that he is using lighspeeds?
he punched Johnny , Johnny didn't see him move.

Second ---- he traveled millions of light years

Third ------ he see thor and buddy amped (at high speed, so fast that no one could see them) loot at the scan you the lines? it's them moving fast.

Gladiator sees them and is able match that speed.

leonidas
um, isn't this vision v vision? funny as this is (and somehow i never fail to be amused by kg's steadfast defense of glads) what does glads' speed have to do with this?

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
um, isn't this vision v vision? funny as this is (and somehow i never fail to be amused by kg's steadfast defense of glads) what does glads' speed have to do with this?
There are non believers

And you don't think that is speed? leo

Snopp can't see it

leonidas
i've told you i KNOW glads' is ultra-fast. but isn't there a thread discussing his speed . . .?

smile

kgkg
i've told you i KNOW glads' is ultra-fast. but isn't there a thread discussing his speed . . .?

smile
you see good

K3VIL
Human Torch has above human durability when he's enveloped from his flames, it grants him peak human durability or around that, when he's flame on.

snoopdogg
Back on topic.

kgkg post a scan of Gladiators superior heat vision.

kgkg
Back on topic.

kgkg post a scan of Gladiators superior heat vision.

scans?

snoopdogg
scans? Yea could you post a scan of Glads superior heat vision?

kgkg
Yea could you post a scan of Glads superior heat vision?
you show me scans

snoopdogg
you show me scans Im not the one trying to prove Glads heat vision is stronger.

There is no evidence to prove either side.

kgkg
Im not the one trying to prove Glads heat vision is stronger.

There is no evidence to prove either side.
Narrator ----- the writer says hotter than a star

He is attacking an illusion

snoopdogg
Narrator ----- the writer says hotter than a star

He is attacking an illusion Wow that was amazing stuff.

Clearly powerful ruby vision.

kgkg
Wow that was amazing stuff.

Clearly powerful ruby vision.
and also shows speed .

blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

snoopdogg
Lets try this for a feat of powerful heat vision.

Superman #167: His power waning under a red sun, Superman still summoned enough heat vision to successfully power Jor-El?s planet-moving ion engines. The planet in this case had a mass 16 times that of Earth's.

Read the issue cause its all true.

kgkg
Lets try this for a feat of powerful heat vision.

Superman #167: His power waning under a red sun, Superman still summoned enough heat vision to successfully power Jor-El?s planet-moving ion engines. The planet in this case had a mass 16 times that of Earth's.

Read the issue cause its all true.
Impressive

But hotter than stars?

kgkg
And you have to remember he didn't do alone he did it with giant ion energy also helping , which supposedly moved planets before.

And in the same issue Lois says you can't move a planet back home, how will you be able to here.

Neither it’s impressive. But gladiator moves planets and destroys them with easy.

leonidas
sorry kg, i give that last exchange to snoop. (well done snoop - you now your supes, no doubt about it!)

though i can't say for sure supes vision is technically 'hotter' than glads, it does appear to be overall more destructive and so the superior in terms of power. 'less you got something else up your sleeve . . .

Avalonofthewind
I also give it to Snoop. Supes shaves with his heat vision and his hair isnt affected when he sun dips whatsoever...so thats pretty hot there.

Still.. well done KG. I have a bit more respect for glads now.

kgkg
sorry kg, i give that last exchange to snoop. (well done snoop - you now your supes, no doubt about it!)

though i can't say for sure supes vision is technically 'hotter' than glads, it does appear to be overall more destructive and so the superior in terms of power. 'less you got something else up your sleeve . . .
hmmmm

Superman heat + giant ion energy ( which has moved world before) to move a planet.

Gladiator hotter than stars, and apparently Supes heat is around 11 00 degree.

To move a planet he need all that, Gladiator destroy and moves with ease

leonidas
we're talking specifically vision here, not physical power. and some bio (actually i think i may have been the one to point that out at some point - damn me!) says his vision is 11 000 degrees and so it's in stone? and according to the first marvel handbook, thor's only cl95. we all know better than that . . .

kgkg
we're talking specifically vision here, not physical power. and some bio (actually i think i may have been the one to point that out at some point - damn me!) says his vision is 11 000 degrees and so it's in stone? and according to the first marvel handbook, thor's only cl95. we all know better than that . . .

Not stone but if we have nothing it’s a good tool

But it's not hotter than stars I know that much

Lets be serious Gladiator is pre crisis rip off when confident

Normal supes can't even move planets (without being powered up)

lft4ded
FWIW in Part 2 of the Sacrifice storyline the Darkseid delusion refer's to Superman's heat vision as his best weapon. Though that's still no true quantifier.

The point made earlier about Superman's hair not being singed from suns, while his own heat vision does the job, is a good one.

Avalonofthewind
Not stone but if we have nothing it’s a good tool

But it's not hotter than stars I know that much

Lets be serious Gladiator is pre crisis rip off when confident

Normal supes can't even move planets (without being powered up)

Actually he can, Grant Morrison was actually going to use Standard supes to move the moon but was force to use Energy Supes (which he was pissed about) This was from reading an interview.

Warworld is a different story, It also had jets propelling it, and was attaching to earth and apokolips.

Sentry
So it's settled. Supes may have more a powerful concussive force blast than heat, and Gladiator's Heat vision generates more heat than concussive force.

Heat = Gladiator wins. Hotter than stars. Said so in the scan.

Concussive force = Supes takes this one. Impressive scan Snoop.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sentry
So it's settled. Supes may have more a powerful concussive force blast than heat, and Gladiator's Heat vision generates more heat than concussive force.

Heat = Gladiator wins. Hotter than stars. Said so in the scan.

Concussive force = Supes takes this one. Impressive scan Snoop.

The sun IS a star you know...

Supes heat vision is hotter than the sun...

What is glads most impressive "vision" feat?

Sentry
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
The sun IS a star you know...

Supes heat vision is hotter than the sun...

11,000 degress??? Maybe a little hotter??? Right, show a scan that says it.

Avalonofthewind
11,000 degress??? Maybe a little hotter??? Right, show a scan that says it.

Its simple, think about it.

Supes go go into the Sun without a hair going out of place, yet he shaves and "cuts" his hair with his heat vision.

Eradicator also threw Supes into a RED sun, and his hair still wasnt singed...so his heat vision has to be ridiculously hot.

Dizzle
Wouldn't his bio field be protecting Supes from the sun though? Or possibly that he just generally absorbs energy from the sun. Or it's just one of the idiotic flaws is comic logic, like why the top half of Hulk's pants grow but the rest of them rip off. It's probably cuz he just wouldn't be cool with no hair...

I just think saying that "Superman's heat vision cuts his hair but the sun doesn't burn it" is a bit of a stretch. Any good actual feats or statements about the temperature of Superman's heat vision other than the one with a boost from the ion things?

lft4ded
I didn't think about that Dizzle, an equally good point.

skizo
Originally posted by olympian
Who is hotter? Pfff none of them.

Alba on the other hand..............

Alba is on a whole other level keep her out of this its not fair

long pig
Alba....

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Dizzle
Wouldn't his bio field be protecting Supes from the sun though? Or possibly that he just generally absorbs energy from the sun. Or it's just one of the idiotic flaws is comic logic, like why the top half of Hulk's pants grow but the rest of them rip off. It's probably cuz he just wouldn't be cool with no hair...

I just think saying that "Superman's heat vision cuts his hair but the sun doesn't burn it" is a bit of a stretch. Any good actual feats or statements about the temperature of Superman's heat vision other than the one with a boost from the ion things?

His bio field would protect him from heat vision bouncing off that piece of rocket ship also. It makes perfect sense that his heat vision is hotter than a star in this sense. Comics rarely make sense when you break them down anyway.

There is the time he vaporized the Doomsday clone army.
The time he heated up earth from across the Solar System.
These were wide vision beams from good distances... had he concentrated into an actual beam...they would have been even hotter.

snoopdogg
hmmmm

Superman heat + giant ion energy ( which has moved world before) to move a planet.
kgkg your misisng the point. His heat vision powered the Ion engines.

snoopdogg

The time he heated up earth from across the Solar System.
You mean this time?

kgkg is gonna say he was juiced up but when he gets juiced up he dont look like that he has fire coming out of his eyes and everywhere.

Sentry
You mean this time?

kgkg is gonna say he was juiced up but when he gets juiced up he dont look like that he has fire coming out of his eyes and everywhere.

That was an impressive scan Snoop. No he doesn't have fire coming out of his eyes. But could Superman done what he did without juicing? You know, taking a bath in a sun? Here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/dip.jpg

snoopdogg
That was an impressive scan Snoop. No he doesn't have fire coming out of his eyes. But could Superman done what he did without juicing? You know, taking a bath in a sun? Here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/dip.jpg He wasnt taking a bath. Obviously you didnt read the comic. He was flying by the Sun to stop the Cannabal planet from destroying the Sun.

To be honest the Sun was actually depleted slightly cause Cannibal actually started to absorb the Sun.

He was not juiced up. Where is the top part of the scan? laughing

snoopdogg
Here Superman shoots a beam of low-intensity heat vison at the Moon.

The guys in the watch tower were blinded except for Plastic Man cause he had his shades on.

How far is the Moon away from Earth?

snoopdogg
11,000 degress??? Maybe a little hotter??? Right, show a scan that says it. For all of the non-believers on the power of Supermans heat vison.

Please read the part where is says that "his vision is off the charts by any standard scientific measures". If they can measure how hot a star is then they apparently cannot measure the temp. of Supermans heat vision.

leonidas
2 things i LOVE about that scan:

"no one quite understands the scope of superman's powers."

and

"no limit to the amount of energy he could discharge"

snoop, you are the scan king! all hail snoop! SCAN KING! SCAN KING!
bravo. you have, methinks, laid this issue safely to rest. at least in my eyes.

snoopdogg
I am surprised nobody tried to retaliate yet.

I guess its settled then.

olympian
Meh every top hero has been graced with " theres no limit to his power or strenght "

Me? Ill just wait to be the turn of Herc. I know it will happen, sonner or later.

Let it be sonn Marvel! Until then...mmm Alba....

All in fun big grin

jrodslam
Olympian how is the current Hercules series?

ZephroCarnelian
Lovely scan there Snoop. smile

Clear and concise. His heat vision is off the charts.

Bearing in mind that human scientific charts quite easily determine the temperature of stars, his heat viison must, logically, be massively incredibly hot.

hoorayforpeepee
just so everyone knows, red stars are actually the least hot of any star. they produce more gravity, but the most heat energy is produced by a star in it's first stage as a white dwarf.

whirlysplat
For all of the non-believers on the power of Supermans heat vison.

Please read the part where is says that "his vision is off the charts by any standard scientific measures". If they can measure how hot a star is then they apparently cannot measure the temp. of Supermans heat vision.

I think that kinda ends any argument amazing snoopbig grin

Supes heat vision is more powerfulbig grin

Keep the faithsmile

Respect the Snoop rock

-end

Fanboy
Yes finally Gladiator sucks. Hey Snoop can you show how more cool Superman is by putting that picture where he throws Hulk around like a pinball?

kgkg
Here Superman shoots a beam of low-intensity heat vison at the Moon.

The guys in the watch tower were blinded except for Plastic Man cause he had his shades on.

How far is the Moon away from Earth?
big deal

here is Gladiator using heat vision on a planet

kgkg
For all of the non-believers on the power of Supermans heat vison.

He burned someone.

It doesn't need to be hotter than a star

Johnny can do that with ease

Wynndar
why dont u post more scans from that issue where Superman is getting beat up by the rookie Blackrock, or the part where he hurts his hand against him.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wynndar
why dont u post more scans from that issue where Superman is getting beat up by the rookie Blackrock, or the part where he hurts his hand against him. Should I post the scan after Blackrock takes his punch and then makes him bow down like some punk @ss b!tch with his heat vision?

Blackrock just isnt anybody. His heat vision put him down.

snoopdogg
Oh by the way he dont hurt his hand he is just shocked that the punch didnt hurt him. So he pulled out some heat vision.

Avalonofthewind
Oh by the way he dont hurt his hand he is just shocked that the punch didnt hurt him. So he pulled out some heat vision.

Isnt that the same issue where blackrock cries like a punk after a small dose of vision?

snoopdogg
Isnt that the same issue where blackrock cries like a punk after a small dose of vision? That right there shows the power of his heat vision. Stuff was melting all around the place, even melted video recorders that were just near by.

Wynndar
um well the people of metropolis didnt think it was a small dose, and nor did Superman. And yea, he did hurt his hand.

Avalonofthewind
That right there shows the power of his heat vision. Stuff was melting all around the place, even melted video recorders that were just near by.

You know whats funny snoop? If Supes does something...its because the other character has been weakened...not because Supes is strong...but if some other character gets a compliment from anyone in a comic..all of a sudden...its an amazing feat! laughing

leonidas
um, kg, what is that scan showing? near as i can tell, the vision does nothing to that big ball of rock. glads throwing a tantrum is what breaks it apart.

jrodslam
um, kg, what is that scan showing? near as i can tell, the vision does nothing to that big ball of rock. glads throwing a tantrum is what breaks it apart.

I was just saying that to myself.

leonidas
<<I was just saying that to myself.>>

good. i was hoping it wasn't just me . . .

snoopdogg
I dont even think that was his heat vision. I think that was his telescopic vision finding a barren planet.

olympian
"Olympian how is the current Hercules series?"

I find it quite good. Its not amazing but the writter is starting with him. So far he has been having good feats both in durability and strenght. And more important is slowy making him the myth hero instead the mortal dupe Marvel has been writting.

Spoilers for the last ish:

He took Caps shield, put him down and shook off the new avengers when he got off. Wolverine makes good remarks about his speed. Also apperantly, he dragged shields hellycarrier with one arm and took all theyr firepower while laugthing ( according what one officer said to Nick
Fury ).

Cant wait to get the ish to confirm these spoilers i got from another board.

ImmortalOne
You know why I dont like Herx, its his beard !!! THere I said it !!!
That Glad pic wasnt heat v >!!!!

BTW, ........ Alba............ (this is the point where the dudes jack off)

Solidus Snake
in fact in that story where glads attacked the planet, he was almost killed by an octopus

he blacked out and almost died from the pain.

hail gladdy...a true man's man!

/me shakes head

olympian
"You know why I dont like Herx, its his beard !!! THere I said it !!!
That Glad pic wasnt heat v >!!!!"

Ey chics dig it. As Nova and She Hulk.

"in fact in that story where glads attacked the planet, he was almost killed by an octopus"

Is that true? Im lost with words.

Solidus Snake
yea

a fuzzy green octopus

it was quite shameful

apparently every time glads tried to fight it, it got stronger and almost had the life crushed out of him

kgkg
<<I was just saying that to myself.>>

good. i was hoping it wasn't just me . . .
Shows gladiator has attack, or used his powers on planet.

Till someone can prove Supes heat is hotter than star

Supes heat vision is crap

leonidas
<<Shows gladiator has attack, or used his powers on planet.
Till someone can prove Supes heat is hotter than star
Supes heat vision is crap>>

does the scan show the actual effects the vision blast had? if it does, i can't see it.

<<Supes heat vision is crap>>

now you're just pissed. even if you hate supes and think glad's is somehow better, you can't say it's crap. snoop showed some good scans. can't win every debtae, kg.

jacobo0o
i think gladiator will win because he has a mowhawk
and mowhawks are koooooooooooool

whirlysplat
The Octopus was sillier than the made up monkey and precrisis supesbig grin

Sad part is its realbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.