Ricky Gervais's Extras

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
anyone watch this?
find it funny or not?

i missed the first episode but i know ben stiller starred in it

MildPossession
I thought it was wonderful, really enjoyed it. One scene was enjoyable, Gervais' character was at a party to try and meet the producer of the film to get a bigger part, and the producer started talking to him about Akira Kurosawa films, especially Seven Samurai and he had no idea what the man was talking about, his face was hilarious.

Ben Stiller was excellent.

I have nothing to compare it to because I never watched a single episode of the Office, so it doesn't have to live up for me.

Extras is a show I think I will enjoy a lot.

papabeard
Yeah it was funny, but not consistently, i'll give it a few more episodes as i think it should get better.

MildPossession
Tonight is going to be interesting, tough man Ross Kemp in a role!

jaden101
some of the scenes were the classic uncomortable humour that gervais is class at

" it is supposed to be a tribute to my dead wife"

ben stiller : " im sick and tired of hearing about your fvcking dead wife. this is my film"

silence

ben stiller to gervais: who the fvck are you?...do you know who i am?

gervais: starsky or hutch...i cant remember which

laughing laughing

MildPossession
Ross Kemp was fabulous in tonights episode, especially at the very end, aww!!

Those lines were excellent in the first episode Jaden.

Deano
ross kemp was brilliant

''if vinnie jones starts me....i will unleash hell''

lol

papabeard
Gervais: Starsky or Hutch...i cant remember which

Stiller : Was that supposed to be funny?

Gervais : I dunno you made it, you tell me

Deano
we're not a couple, his wife left him and im out shagging, regular like clockwork so dont...

eleveninches
The episode with sam jackson in was great.

She tells sam jackson that he was brilliant in the matrix

Deano
yeh that was funny

and the scene where they are at the grave, that was hilarious

MildPossession
Last one next week sad

Deano
the dvd is great

ross kemp: what im saying is.....you dont wanna get into a fight with me

andy: (mutters) or a conversation

lol

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, man! I just finished watching the first series - it was hilarious! I took a while to warm to it because I was initially comparing Gervais' character to the one in 'The Office', but once I got over that I loved it. I laughed so hard on so many occasions. I loved the randomness of the comedy - especially the scene in episode 5 when he goes out on a 'date' with the big, bald guy. When Gervais puts his head in the bowl of soup I just couldn't control myself!

It's a great, great series.

papabeard
Its a bit patchy, but when its funny its hilarious.

The Les Dennis Episode is ace.

Deano
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Oh, man! I just finished watching the first series - it was hilarious! I took a while to warm to it because I was initially comparing Gervais' character to the one in 'The Office', but once I got over that I loved it. I laughed so hard on so many occasions. I loved the randomness of the comedy - especially the scene in episode 5 when he goes out on a 'date' with the big, bald guy. When Gervais puts his head in the bowl of soup I just couldn't control myself!

It's a great, great series.

that was one of my fav episiodes. the scene at the cemetary is brilliant

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by papabeard
Its a bit patchy, but when its funny its hilarious.

The Les Dennis Episode is ace. Yeah, I'd agree with this statement... It hasn't started screening here yet, but I've seen the first two episodes through... uhh, other sources.

Ben Stiller was great in the first episode...

And the thing with the girl and Ricky talking about the Kemp/Mitchel brothers in the second episode had me on the floor in stitches!

BRILLIANT SHOW!

DeVi| D0do
Orlando Bloom in season 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRnWrIXLdEU

laughing

Can't wait for this...

Deano
funny episode tonight. keith chegwin was pretty funny

barand1
Yeah I agree Deano, Chegwin was funny. Aww I really love this show and Ricky and Stephen's talent. The best comedy on the TV since... well... Extras season one.

DeVi| D0do
I have no idea who Keith Chegwin is, but he still stole the show from Orlando... Great stuff.

Scottie
Tonights episode was brilliant

barand1
Couldn't agree more with you Scottie. smile

thegreatrudini
i swear a lil bit of wee nearly came out when i saw the david bowie eppisode i laughed that hard

barand1
stick out tongue

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I just saw the first episode of the second series. I liked it. I liked it a lot. Especially the bits with ol' Cheggars in.

That "Are you havin' a laff" phrase was in the first series of Extras, wasn't it? Or was it from 'The Office'? All I know is that I've heard Ricky do it before...

barand1
"Are you havin' a laff?" is from the first series of Extras, when Ricky's character Andy was writing his sitcom and the gay guy at BBC Comedy found it really funny when Andy said it.

Deano
i liked the episodes so far. not as good as the first two episodes on series 1 but...still good tho

chillmeistergen
I just finished watching the Christmas special, I thought it was great. Yet again, Gervais and Merchant have written both comical and dramatic aspects absolutely wonderfully.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.