What is Revan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JLRTENJAC
Is Revan a Male or a Female?

JLRTENJAC
Well before anyone else posts, He is male.

HimoKun
No, Revan is who you make it out to be in KOTOR 1.

Morridini
I take it the Other option is for us who would say that he is both Male and female, depending on how u played the game.

JLRTENJAC
No, actually the other was just for fun... I honestally didn't think any one would votr fore that.

Tulak Hord
Revan is what Revan is, but the Canonical version is male. Scary tho, to think that a woman brought the republic to it's knees.

darthrevan89
My, Revan was a male; a female, Revan just doesn't fit.

Human Vader
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Revan is what Revan is, but the Canonical version is male. Scary tho, to think that a woman brought the republic to it's knees.

Well that's not sexist at all.......

Tulak Hord
I didn't mean for it to be sexist, I'm merely saying...

Tangible God
To think of a woman doing what is set in KOTOR........woah, no foreplay for her huh?

Tangible God
I'm just saying, I'm not sexist.

Tulak Hord
That'd be my kinda gal lol. Rule first, ask later.

matreid
That'd be my kinda gal lol. Rule first, ask later.

yes

Captain REX
When Revan is usually talked about, he is described as Male, as is the Jedi Exile.

But yes, Revan could be boy or girl, man or woman, up to the player.

JLRTENJAC
Yea, But I am truly surprised people say that Revan is an Other!

I got the Idea for this when I was signing up for something on-line... I cant remember what It was so don't ask! It asked my gender The choices were Male, Female, Other... To say the least, I thought it was pretty funny.

Oh and by the way, Captain Rex, I like your new avatar and Signature Image.

Darth Kronos
i say revan is a chick

JLRTENJAC
Ok... If you say so.

Nactous
What is other doing up there?

JLRTENJAC
Just Think back to what I told you on the Ski trip.

But I put it as a Joke. Didn't expect it to be voted on... Ah, oh well. *shrugs*

Nactous
Yep.

darthrevan89
Here is a picture of what I think he looks like...

Side note: I did not draw the orignal just did some digital editing.

Zachara
LOL, Other is doing better than Female at the moment. I need to get my army of feminists in here... roll eyes (sarcastic)

joking...

Anyways, because I'm a girl, played KOTOR way too many times as a girl and have written a fan-fiction about Revan being a girl and believe there is a lack of Very Evil Females in the Star Wars Universe; I voted Female. Revan could have easily been a man though. I just find it very unlikely for any man to like Bastila (if light side). *shutters*

laughing laughing out loud

Tulak Hord
Ooohhh...THAT'S what other means...*erhm* well...I always knew there was sumtin' 'bout Carth...*Ahhem* So that's he doesn't trust Karath...caught him..Yes..of course...

Nactous
Is it true Juhani can become a lesbion in the game?

darthrevan89
Originally posted by Nactous

Yes...disgustingly so...

sick

Nactous
Hmm.... never played as a women before.

JLRTENJAC
I did in Kotor 2...

JLRTENJAC
Ooohhh...THAT'S what other means...*erhm* well...I always knew there was sumtin' 'bout Carth...*Ahhem* So that's he doesn't trust Karath...caught him..Yes..of course...

and no I didn't mean it like that.

JLRTENJAC
Well I think most people think that he is a man.

Nactous
Probably

JLRTENJAC
Yea

Nactous
Hmm....

JLRTENJAC

*shutters* I never did like her.

Nactous
Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
*shutters* I never did like her.

Catharian Homophobe

JLRTENJAC
Katharian Homophobe

Huh?

Nactous
Do you know what a Homophobe is?

darth-yoda
im sorry did some one say juhani is a dike im so confused how

Nactous
If you play as a women, she can confess her feelings for you.

JLRTENJAC
Do you know what a Homophobe is?

ummm... do you mean homophobic?

darth-yoda
wow i never seen that the first time i played as a women you know what i found funny is if you call yourself darth revan or revan makes for some funny dialog such as IM not revan. Im revan and you cant be revan your revan

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by darth-yoda
wow i never seen that the first time i played as a women you know what i found funny is if you call yourself darth revan or revan makes for some funny dialog such as IM not revan. Im revan and you cant be revan your revan

Woa.

Nactous
ummm... do you mean homophobic?

Homophobic is the sendrom, Homophobe is the title.

Aduruth
wen i got to a certain point in kotor 2 u could face malak and revan, and all your friends(it was in a cave) and wen i got to revan he had a male stature and i couldve sworn i saw his... face, but the ending of kotor2 is good. lol.

darth-yoda
you didnt see his face and yes what a good ending kotor two had not

Tangible God
Revan just seems like a girl. I think that has to do with when Revan and Malak were about to look at the first Star Map and Revan was pacing up and down while Malak had a mouth, he just seemed SO much shorter than Malak, so you start to think that Revan's a girl.

(And what a sweet ass.)

Nactous
Oh, i hated that ending.

JLRTENJAC
Homophobic is the sendrom, Homophobe is the title.

You'r talking about a phobia... like arachnaphobia- the fear of spiders right? so if that's the case, then no I am not a homophopic. and I beleave that homophobia is the syndrome and homophobic is the title.

Tulak Hord
Originally posted by darth-yoda

I've done that before, except nameing cloud Sephiroth in FFVII. Truly funny.

Aduruth
all i no is that revan had a male stature in kotor 2, and i didnt like the "lightside ending" but the dark side ending is good...........lol

JLRTENJAC
Both endings suck.

Talos Naga
Well... If it was A Woman... That would be awesome.. well think about it.. Women already bring us to our knees... Why wouldn't she bring the whole republic to their knees....

But then again it seems logical that a man could have been Revan...
Due to how they discribe Revan with his powers and how he fought the war... Then again.

A woman can do the same thing..

Nactous
You'r talking about a phobia... like arachnaphobia- the fear of spiders right? so if that's the case, then no I am not a homophopic. and I beleave that homophobia is the syndrome and homophobic is the title.

No, homophobe is slang, learn what your talkin about.

JLRTENJAC
Oh...

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Talos Naga
Well... If it was A Woman... That would be awesome.. well think about it.. Women already bring us to our knees... Why wouldn't she bring the whole republic to their knees....

But then again it seems logical that a man could have been Revan...
Due to how they discribe Revan with his powers and how he fought the war... Then again.

A woman can do the same thing..

That is true... I guess It is up to Bio Ware or Obsidian if they want it to be known...

Fishy
They wouldn't tell us anytime soon. Maybe they will in kotor 3 though

JLRTENJAC
Yea, that's what I figured. I wonder How many more Kotor games there will be...

Fishy
I don't know, If Kotor 3 is like then 2 then it will be the last if its great again there might be a fourth. But I hope they can finish the story in the next one give it an ending. Going on with the same story for to long will just make it suck. And you would have twenty hero's. The exile was already one to much.

JLRTENJAC
Yea, Kotor 2 doesn't live up to the greatness of Kotor 1.

Nactous
*Stands in front of shrine dedicated to KotoR 1* It will be a Trilogy.

JLRTENJAC
*Refreshing Sigh* A shrine to Kotor 1... I wonder if they will start prequils after this? LET'S SEE A TRILOGY OF TRILOGYS IN KOTOR!

jerlark386
Originally posted by Darth Kronos
i say revan is a chick

I think his sig says it all.
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_71050_lS.gif

Clawed The Bum
also this thread reminds me of a joke.
one day a kid asks his father if god is male or female
the dad says i don't know son i guess he/she is a little bit of both
then the kid asks if god is black or white
then the kid asks his dad if god is michael jackon!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Darth_Janus
Revan seems to me to be a man. Why?

- The outfit, though form concealing, doesn't favor a woman. Note that a woman wearing Revan's robes looks different than a man.

- There is no reference to Revan being the first Sith Lady known or whatnot.

- Tactical thinking is something predomniately male. Sounds sexist, but it's the case. Tactical women are the exception, not the rule when it comes to cold, calculated warfare. Women are more emotional and nurturing by nature.

- Revan's second-in-command was male. Unless Malak and Revan were an item (*shudder*) I can't think of a single female who would have a male in her top ranks.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Clawed The Bum
also this thread reminds me of a joke.
one day a kid asks his father if god is male or female
then the kid asks if god is black or white
then the kid asks his dad if god is michael jackon!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Ugh... That was horrible

Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Revan seems to me to be a man. Why?

- The outfit, though form concealing, doesn't favor a woman. Note that a woman wearing Revan's robes looks different than a man.

- There is no reference to Revan being the first Sith Lady known or whatnot.

- Tactical thinking is something predomniately male. Sounds sexist, but it's the case. Tactical women are the exception, not the rule when it comes to cold, calculated warfare. Women are more emotional and nurturing by nature.

- Revan's second-in-command was male. Unless Malak and Revan were an item (*shudder*) I can't think of a single female who would have a male in her top ranks.

That is all true... Good points.

JLRTENJAC
OOOH YEA He's MALE!

Nactous
Word!

Tangible God
Word! Homediddy! Homefry! Wizzle wazzle! Flippity floppity floop!

I'm sorry, but I can't help but make fun "Word!"

Nactous
Hmm... "Kick it off to your frachizzle, and BAM!"

Darth Hawkeye
I never saw revan in KoTOR 2 maybe i was just too lazy ok is he tought i need to kno or ill kik my self in the nuts dont make this pic be me

Darth Hawkeye
Ok well i found the secret tomb is revan alive and kikin or what sum tell me GIVE ME HOPE for my game to live on please dont let me pitty myself as a dumbass asking to get an answer when everyone just ignores me and contemplates the recent post b4 mine so come on and give me an answer

Kam Solusar
Reva n i s male becos when he came back to the light he was kieron halcyons DAD,

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Darth Hawkeye
I never saw revan in KoTOR 2 maybe i was just too lazy ok is he tought i need to kno or ill kik my self in the nuts dont make this pic be me

Hmmm... I need to contomplate this for awhile.................................

Originally posted by Darth Hawkeye
Ok well i found the secret tomb is revan alive and kikin or what sum tell me GIVE ME HOPE for my game to live on please dont let me pitty myself as a dumbass asking to get an answer when everyone just ignores me and contemplates the recent post b4 mine so come on and give me an answer

No, I think he's alive and battling in the unknown regions (do T3's companion quest as light and dark and go to the Korriban accadamy... umm it was Uthar's room Kotor 1... with having told Atton Revan was evil)

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Kam Solusar
Reva n i s male becos when he came back to the light he was kieron halcyons DAD,

Who's?

Kam Solusar
kieron halcyon

JLRTENJAC
Who's kieron halcyon?

JLRTENJAC
Well?

Morridini
He is obviously an Other.

JLRTENJAC
That's It I'm gonna quote myself on every reply untill someone answers me!

Who's kieron halcyon?

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Morridini
He is obviously an Other.

laughing

Who's kieron halcyon?

Nactous
You know Jac, after taking a peep in your players guide and seeing his pic I thought that was Revan, not a shadow. Obsideon lied to us, they saud he'd be in the game.

JLRTENJAC
You know Jac, after taking a peep in your players guide and seeing his pic I thought that was Revan, not a shadow. Obsideon lied to us, they saud he'd be in the game.

Never saw that pic...

Who's kieron halcyon?

Nactous
Its in there.

Ogami Itto
i think even in the sw galaxy revens gender is a subject of debate!

remember the exile talking to atton !!

Revan Souer
Last time I checked I was male but I could be wrong lol
But it does depend on how you play both games, but the male story line is better thou I dont know what happens to Bas when you female. Does anyone knows the differences between the male and female story lines apart from the clear differnce in love intrested

JLRTENJAC

Well in a way he was, he was in that one place... but the morons did lie in the long run!

Who's kieron halcyon?

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
i think even in the sw galaxy revens gender is a subject of debate!

remember the exile talking to atton !!

Yea I know...

JLRTENJAC
WOOOH 5 PAGES This lasted longer than I expected!

Lord-Nihilus
who is kieron halcyon

Also, hasnt anyone thought that revan could be -gulp-

a Hermaphrodite......

wait, omg, i found it everybody, i found revan!!!!

Zachara
Please note that I am not in any way trying to claim that you are sexist.

If you are referring to the fact that the chest is flat, I would like to direct your attention to any woman in the military or part of a police department, please.
Soldier in Irak
an other one
Riot Police Woman
All of their chests look flat and not all women have seize DD breasts, thank you. If your running around doing real business with guns (or blasters) and always in danger of being shot (or chopped up with a lightsaber), you are not going to worry about something trivial like making sure your armor (Kevlar) is revealing your bosom.

The members of the bioware and lucasarts probably made the "bosom curve" when a woman wears the robes because they wanted the character to look more like a female when the player plays as a female. This is speculation, but it makes sense to me.

I'm not going to be a pert about that. It's true that it's never mentioned who the first Sith Lady was, but then where does the title Dark Lady of the Sith come from if there's never been one before? Lady Limiya is really the only known Sith Lady and was given that particular title.

Lady Lumiya Story

Yeah... and according to my best friend, being a ass is something predominately male. Bah, I don't agree with her by the way. Men are - for lack of a better word - fun and I respect them as the equals they are.

I'm sure you didn't mean to be THAT sexist about this comment, in fact I know you were just stating what you believe to be fact, but WOW don't ever say that to any strong willed woman: You won't survive the encounter.

As far as my opinion towards warfare goes, I think war in itself is stupid and wrong, but if someone is trying to kill me, or my family, or my friends, or an unarmed opponent - make no mistake my reaction would probably be the same as a man. I will hurl a weapon at their throats without hesitation or create tactics that would be efficient to the current situation with whoever I can find.

The assumption that women are nurturing by nature is a stereotype because the sexe has been condemned to nothing but nurturing actions for much of their existence. Like men, women can become nurturing, but we are not born with it. A human becomes who they become, the fact that one sexe is expected to actually bear the children of the species does immediately make them more or less able to command - that is determined by their upbringing.

Women can be just as cruel, if not absolutely diabolical, than men when it comes to warfare or even one-on-one violence.

As for being emotional.... ummm, YES! eek! Women are emotional! Anyone who has witnessed a woman with menstrual cramps will personally vouch for that!

LMAO! That would be somewhat true if it were my man-hating friends at the top. But we are talking about the Dark Jedi who nearly took over the entire Republic and did with skill and finesse to boot. If Revan was a woman, I doubt that she'd care if her commanding officers were male or female. She would count on efficient work and perhaps brutality. And let's face it, Malak was a big brute when he became a Dark Jedi. Whether Revan was male or female, Malak who have been useful as a underling or apprentice( The brains+bronze(Revan) + more bronze (Malak)). I highly hope that if Revan was a woman that her and Malak weren't an "item" (*shuders as well*), but then it's possible.

Meh, that was long, but whatever.

Peace Out!
Zachy wink

JLRTENJAC
Aint that the truth... stick out tongue

BTW nice to see you again Zachara

kamikz
In KOTOR 2 Kreia and the others always refer Revan as she. Wouldent Kreia know, she was his/her master.

JLRTENJAC
Not if you tall atton revan was a man... DUH!

Chucko the Hutt
well in kotor 2, when u ask atton, just after u free him on the peragus mining world, he first refers to revan as a "she" or woman, but u then have the choice to remind him that revan is a man, or confirm that she is a woman, from that point on revan is referred to in the game accordingly. if u ask me there where 5 women in kotor 1, revan, bastila, CARTH, mission, and juhani.

and thats all i can think of, at any rate.

JLRTENJAC
well they neded some way to allow you to choose that revan was Male or Female.

JLRTENJAC
tomcat WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Darth JLRTENJAC
I think most people think Revan is a Man. Now that the pole is closed, Let's get the forum closed, It hasn't been active for a month and 10 days. So I am oficcially requesting the form closed. bye.

Lord Janus
You mean, "Let's get this thread closed."

The forum is the entire Eu section.

Darth JLRTENJAC
Yea, thread... That's what I ment...

birthoftheforce
revan was a lightside male. that is what george lucas said was canan.

overlord
All this canan and canon, only the church uses those terms and they are stupid anyWAY because the apokryphal and canon are the same anyway BUT WHY DO YOU ALL USE THAT TERM IN STARWARS!!! IT MAKES ME SICK!!!

Veneficus
Originally posted by birthoftheforce
revan was a lightside male. that is what george lucas said was canan.

GL has not said shit on the KOTOR series and I like it that way.

Revan XII
revan is who you want the character to be

Veneficus
Originally posted by Revan XII
revan is who you the character to be

Thankyou for stating the obvious...

Tangible God
I know, the "Revan 12" guy isn't too bright.

But I think it was in an interview with the manufactures of the game that Lightside Revan was the canon choice.....or else all the events that happened after KOTOR wouldn't be what they were.

Revan X
Originally posted by Tangible God
I know, the "Revan 12" guy isn't too bright.

you can say that again he is my younger brother but he said its not revan 12 its revan x2 he just messed his name up his a little bit.

Tangible God
lol

Revan XII
big grin it true. I did I don't care though.

Tangible God
We'll see about that! This'll happen to you.

Revan X
lol. that could happen

Revan XII
revan your a butt hole! no expression

Darth JLRTENJAC
Such Brotherly love in here... *Watches to see how this'll end*

Tangible God
*notes that Darth JLRTENJAC is the only one that keeps reawakening this dead thread.*

Julie
canon says male

I played the game about 16 times and had Revan be male most of the time and female a few of the times

Nactous
In the chronicles on kotor2 site it says. "Revan vows to get revenge against his apprentice." His apprentice, there you go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.