Drax vs magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Drax vs magneto

demigawd
Just so I know what I'm getting into...does Drax have any powers aside from being really strong?

kgkg
Originally posted by demigawd
Just so I know what I'm getting into...does Drax have any powers aside from being really strong?
energy beams etc

demigawd
Oh. Eh, I'll keep with tradition and say Magneto. I'm sure a Drax supporter will come on with more details about specific feats. When it comes to cosmic level, I'm a lot more prone to change my mind about whether Magneto can win.

kgkg
Oh. Eh, I'll keep with tradition and say Magneto. I'm sure a Drax supporter will come on with more details about specific feats. When it comes to cosmic level, I'm a lot more prone to change my mind about whether Magneto can win.
and Limitless power resorvore , flying at warp speed , Energy blast ( destroy cites at least)

Scoobless
and he can't be physically killed..... only mental assaults can really damage him..... Surfer had a b!tch of a time trying to get rid of him when he wanted to tag along to find Thanos

demigawd
Oh...mental assaults work? Well, there you go! Magneto wins!

kgkg
Oh...mental assaults work? Well, there you go! Magneto wins!
Magneto will mental assault Drax? sorry mag is not that good.

demigawd
Does Drax have some kind of high level resistence to telepathy? I'm flying blind here.

demigawd
Eh, screw it. Don't know enough about Drax. Abstain.

kgkg
Does Drax have some kind of high level resistence to telepathy? I'm flying blind here.
When has Magneto control that are Cosmic level?

if that was the case most of the cosmic level will be controled by SS and others

demigawd
Mind control is recent, but since when did Drax have unusual resistance to telepathy? Has someone tried and failed? Mag's mental powers have shut down Xavier's before, and he's prevented everyone on Genosha from recognizing him with just a passive field. That's pretty good.

Scoobless
does magneto actually have telepathic powers or is he just messing with the electrical impulses in people's brains?

demigawd
Good question. At first, I thought it was just messing with electrical impulses, but after the mystery of him somehow appearing "invisible" to everybody on Genosha, there appears to be more to his power.

As an aside...does Drax have a brain?

kgkg
Good question. At first, I thought it was just messing with electrical impulses, but after the mystery of him somehow appearing "invisible" to everybody on Genosha, there appears to be more to his power.

As an aside...does Drax have a brain?
very little

demigawd
haha...yeah, Magneto definitely takes this, lol.

kgkg
haha...yeah, Magneto definitely takes this, lol.
How?

I mean bloodlust intelligence doesn't mean much , he has the power to shatter any field mag puts , and crush him to death.

Black hole, mind control?

Sorry other people with powers similar to drax didn’t try that I wonder why …….

If this was normal drax ( mag can tell him to go to the sun and take a nap , and he would but he is mad here)

demigawd
Magneto could mind-control the brute to become his servant easily enough. I doubt Drax has the strength to shatter Mag's fields. And Moondragon DID mentally own Drax. Killed him, basically, so I'd say mental attacks are a good way to go. As for why similar people didn't try, my guess is because then Drax would die and there'd be no more Drax. That constraint, obviously, does not apply to this board.

kgkg
Magneto could mind-control the brute to become his servant easily enough. I doubt Drax has the strength to shatter Mag's fields. And Moondragon DID mentally own Drax. Killed him, basically, so I'd say mental attacks are a good way to go. As for why similar people didn't try, my guess is because then Drax would die and there'd be no more Drax. That constraint, obviously, does not apply to this board. I doubt Drax has the strength to shatter Mag's fields ------- Infinite power------ hmmmmmmmmmmm big grin

ohh ya magneto is moondragon’s level of mental power.

If it was so easily SS would have done it , infact if you **** with his mind he goes insane , his brain was effected in one of the serous just makes him uber pissed

demigawd
Originally posted by kgkg
I doubt Drax has the strength to shatter Mag's fields ------- Infinite power------ hmmmmmmmmmmm big grin

ohh ya magneto is moondragon’s level of mental power.

If it was so easily SS would have done it , infact if you **** with his mind he goes insane , his brain was effected in one of the serous just makes him uber pissed

Infinite power? I sense just a tad bit of hyperbole there. I mean, Professor Hulk looked quite alive from that hit. So did everybody else Drax hit. Magneto took hits from the likes of Phoenix, Thor, Hulk, and Galactus. Drax ain't putting him down. Hulk, for all his strength, couldn't break Magneto's PASSIVE field, and that was pre-powerup.

Magneto doesn't have to be Moondragon's level of mental power, was there a minimum level of mental power shown to be effective? Magneto shut down Xavier, one of the most powerful minds in the Marvel Universe. I think he can do it to a dumbass like Drax.

SS doesn't have telepathic power, and I don't remember him ever trying to mess with brain electrical impulses. It's Magneto's modus operandi. Surfer SHOULD be able to do the same thing, but Magneto is pretty smart and ruthless, so....what can you do?

kgkg
Infinite power? I sense just a tad bit of hyperbole there. I mean, Professor Hulk looked quite alive from that hit. So did everybody else Drax hit. Magneto took hits from the likes of Phoenix, Thor, Hulk, and Galactus. Drax ain't putting him down. Hulk, for all his strength, couldn't break Magneto's PASSIVE field, and that was pre-powerup.

Magneto doesn't have to be Moondragon's level of mental power, was there a minimum level of mental power shown to be effective? Magneto shut down Xavier, one of the most powerful minds in the Marvel Universe. I think he can do it to a dumbass like Drax.

SS doesn't have telepathic power, and I don't remember him ever trying to mess with brain electrical impulses. It's Magneto's modus operandi. Surfer SHOULD be able to do the same thing, but Magneto is pretty smart and ruthless, so....what can you do?
Infinite power? Hyperbole? Nope

Is Mag shield backed by infinite power? Nope

Magneto shield gets shattered with few punches.

Him controlling Drax is out of the question first we have to assume drax brain works like any human brain, second who has magneto controlled that is like drax?

demigawd
Infinite power? Hyperbole? Nope

Is Mag shield backed by infinite power? Nope

Magneto shield gets shattered with few punches.

Him controlling Drax is out of the question first we have to assume drax brain works like any human brain, second who has magneto controlled that is like drax?
Infinite power? Drax hits with INFINITE power? So why doesn't he kill everybody with one hit? You're saying Hulk can withstand infinite power? Surfer? If it's INFINITE, then Drax should be able to collapse the universe with every hit, lol. C'mon, man.

Magneto's active shield hasn't been broken. Ever. Pre-powerup Magneto was worried that Thor might break through after Thor kept pounding at it, but current Magneto? Nobody's gotten close.

Who has Magneto controlled like Drax? He's just some dumb alien. The mind is the mind...Drax just embodies physical power. Mentally, he's like anybody else, and prone to the same things.

kgkg
Infinite power? Drax hits with INFINITE power? So why doesn't he kill everybody with one hit? You're saying Hulk can withstand infinite power? Surfer? If it's INFINITE, then Drax should be able to collapse the universe with every hit, lol. C'mon, man.

Magneto's active shield hasn't been broken. Ever. Pre-powerup Magneto was worried that Thor might break through after Thor kept pounding at it, but current Magneto? Nobody's gotten close.

Who has Magneto controlled like Drax? He's just some dumb alien. The mind is the mind...Drax just embodies physical power. Mentally, he's like anybody else, and prone to the same things.
Infinite power doesn't mean he always punches at infinite power.

He has the power to go there he can tap into more power.

He is Planet destroying level

Mind control ------- you make it sound like Magneto is a expert at that shit .

A mind is a mind? Different species have different brain functions etc

And did magneto control people (don’t give me example of simple humans) someone worth mentioning.

If it’s so easy to control drax it would have been done by now

demigawd
Does Magneto mind-controlling the Avengers count? It included Thor. It was the issue where he's making scarlet witch dance for him (it was before the "Big reveal"wink.

I see Drax with infinite power as being similar to Hulk with "infinite power", it takes extraordinary circumstances, and Magneto would end the fight before that happened.

If there's no evidence of someone failing to control Drax's mind, then I'm inclined to believe that it's not that hard after all...

olympian

ImmortalOne
Plz continue, this is a nice discussion to.... WATCH !!
Just wait til Whirly and Sentry come, if they do find this thread worth looking for !!

demigawd
Well, if Drax has as much infinite strength as Hulk, Superman and Apocalypse, but not every hit is done with "infinite strength", then there's no point in bringing it up, is there? Unless now Drax summons strength levels that he's never shown before...enough strength to exceed the output by, say, Galactus. So, no, I don't believe Drax is going to break Magneto's field before Magneto tells Drax to go jump into a black hole.

He originally had that ability with something he called "the magnetic eye", but writers forgot about it until the 80s, when he begain controlling minds by messing with their electrical impulses in their brains. That became the status quo for awhile, but it wasn't subtle - you knew that you were being controlled because it HURT. Over the past few months in Excalibur, he developed a more subtle control that appears to be telepathic in nature, because he's somehow made himself unrecognizable to everybody there except his closest friends. Unus was looking right at him and didn't realize he was Magneto. The letters page said that there's something going on that Magneto is doing that they're going to reveal at some point. This was around the same time Magneto began using his powers in more effective and creative ways. My guess? Secondary mutation.

Nope, shut Xavier down, by undermining the electrical impulses in his brain to prevent any command signals. He also blocked three or four telepaths at the same time during Fatal Attractions, completely masking his presence from them.

Magneto is SO taking this.

DarkCrawler
Magneto? Telepath?

Kill...the...writer...

jrodslam
I know that Magneto has always has a small amount of mind control over people. He used it against Angels parents.

Again i say small amount.

Xplosive
Drax takes this. And Xavier is much more powerful telepath than Mags.

demigawd
Originally posted by jrodslam
I know that Magneto has always has a small amount of mind control over people. He used it against Angels parents.

Again i say small amount.

Yeah, that was back when it was called "magnetic vision" or "magneto eye" or somesuch. It's...different now.

Originally posted by Xplosive
Xavier is much more powerful telepath than Mags.

Agreed. But Magneto now has two levels of mind-control.

Drax becomes the loyal follower of Magneto!

DarkCrawler
Umm...if Drax is so fast, can't he speed blitz and rip Magneto's head off his shoulders?

demigawd
Drax is a speedster now? Unless he's suddenly faster than Northstar, ain't happening.

Scoobless
Drax is a speedster now? Unless he's suddenly faster than Northstar, ain't happening.

Drax may not have Flash reaction speeds but he is capable of unaided intersteller travel..... he's much faster than Northstar in that respect

demigawd
eh...that's just flight speed. Doesn't mean combat speed or super fast reaction speed. Non-factor.

Wynndar
His fight speed is still superhuman. He's capable of fighting at least in the hundreds of miles per hour. Magneto's reflexes would be pushed to the max against a being with the physiology of Drax

demigawd
Magneto is a faster thinker than Drax, and Drax has shown fast flight speed, but no speedblitzing. And, like I said, Magneto stopped Northstar like he was nothing. By the time Drax thinks, "Me go speedblitz Magneto", Magneto will think, "Go fly into the sun", and Drax then says, "ok" and off he goes.

Wynndar
ur comparing Northstar to a guy that the Surfer and Firelord have unsuccessfully fled from?

demigawd
Speedwise, yes. Magneto isn't fleeing...all he has to do is take over Drax's mind. And that happens at the speed of, well, thought.

Wynndar
yes but Drax is accustomed to fighting at a higher and faster level. Saying Magneto can react faster or mind control him at all is an assumption.

kgkg
Speedwise, yes. Magneto isn't fleeing...all he has to do is take over Drax's mind. And that happens at the speed of, well, thought.
Taking his mind .

ohhh man wink

this is a likely scenario

Magneto puts force field, drax says: Stupid man try to stop drax

......... Drax punches few time breaks the force field

Gets to magneto and take his head apart.

So if he can't control his mind then he loose? Or does he open a black hole?

Magneto mind control thor is that what you said?

demigawd
Originally posted by Wynndar
yes but Drax is accustomed to fighting at a higher and faster level. Saying Magneto can react faster or mind control him at all is an assumption.
Everything on this board is an assumption because they've never fought. Magneto is used to fighting entire teams...that's a pretty fast level when you're being attacked from all sides.

Wynndar
being attacked by Cyclops, wolverine, nightcrawler, and gambit is not like being attacked by Thanos or Champion.

demigawd
Taking his mind .

ohhh man wink

this is a likely scenario

Magneto puts force field, drax says: Stupid man try to stop drax

......... Drax punches few time breaks the force field

Gets to magneto and take his head apart.

So if he can't control his mind then he loose? Or does he open a black hole?

Magneto mind control thor is that what you said?

What is Drax's physiology? Does he love blood? What color is it? Does he eat?

I don't see why his mind control would fail. You're handicapping to assume that Magneto's mind control would fail when Drax has been mind controlled before, but to then assume that Drax would break Magneto's forcefield when Magneto's forcefield has NOT been broken.

kgkg
What is Drax's physiology? Does he love blood? What color is it? Does he eat?

I don't see why his mind control would fail. You're handicapping to assume that Magneto's mind control would fail when Drax has been mind controlled before, but to then assume that Drax would break Magneto's forcefield when Magneto's forcefield has NOT been broken.
has never been broken how many have tired.

that have infinite power to back it up?

demigawd
being attacked by Cyclops, wolverine, nightcrawler, and gambit is not like being attacked by Thanos or Champion.

Very true. In the former, you have to deal with a lot of attacks from many different fronts. If you're talking about who is used to a higher combat speed...Magneto gets the edge.

demigawd
has never been broken how many have tired.

that have infinite power to back it up?
Who has tried? Galactus, Thor, Hulk, Phoenix (with a shot so hard that when landed on Firelord, Firelord said he'd never been hit that hard in his life).

Wynndar
Do u know how Drax's body was created? there is no evidence that he really has a brain, its just a mass that is possessed by moondragon's father's spirit as far as i know.

kgkg
Who has tried? Galactus, Thor, Hulk, Phoenix (with a shot so hard that when landed on Firelord, Firelord said he'd never been hit that hard in his life).
thor was about to break it.

Galactus couldn't break magnetos field?

demigawd
Do u know how Drax's body was created? there is no evidence that he really has a brain, its just a mass that is possessed by moondragon's father's spirit as far as i know.

That's why I wasn't saying stuff like "iron in his body". It may very well work, but nobody knows what his body is made out of. If Drax has ever bled, then we'll know the answer. It would be nice if someone here knew

Drax doesn't need a brain to be vulnerable to Magneto...he needs a mind, and given that he's been telepathically messed with, he certainly has a mind.

thor was about to break it.

Galactus couldn't break magnetos field?
True, and he had Mjolnir and this was pre-powerup 70-year old Magneto. And even then, it took multiple shots from Thor without breaking. Magneto was thinking to himself that he wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it up. Now, multiply that by an order or magnitude and you'll see what Drax is up against.

After only one power up, Magneto was able to shield himself from Galactus.

kgkg
That's why I wasn't saying stuff like "iron in his body". It may very well work, but nobody knows what his body is made out of. If Drax has ever bled, then we'll know the answer. It would be nice if someone here knew

Drax doesn't need a brain to be vulnerable to Magneto...he needs a mind, and given that he's been telepathically messed with, he certainly has a mind.

True, and he had Mjolnir and this was pre-powerup 70-year old Magneto. And even then, it took multiple shots from Thor without breaking. Magneto was thinking to himself that he wasn't sure how much longer he could keep it up. Now, multiply that by an order or magnitude and you'll see what Drax is up against.

After only one power up, Magneto was able to shield himself from Galactus.
what issue did he shield against Galactus?

demigawd
Secret Wars, once. X-Men Annual 86 or 87 another time.

Wynndar
secret wars? what issue r u talking about?

kgkg
Secret Wars, once. X-Men Annual 86 or 87 another time.
Ok so let me get this strait G wanted to break his shield?

Or was it random fire, like what he did he Galactus's mini series?

demigawd
Xavier and Magneto are trying to communicate telepathically with Galactus, pushing through. Magneto pushes too hard and Galactus blasts the building they're in, destroying the whole thing, but Magneto was able to shield himself and the rest of the X-men. I can't remember which number in the series.

demigawd
Ok so let me get this strait G wanted to break his shield?

Or was it random fire, like what he did he Galactus's mini series?

In Secret Wars, it was a casual blast, an auto-defense system to keep people from tampering with his mind.

In X-men Annual, Galactus blasted the entire team of X-men, and Magneto was with them and blocked the shot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.