Assaj Ventress vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AnakinDayWalker
Happy Dance

General Zodiac
Darth Maul.

matreid
Originally posted by General Zodiac
Darth Maul.

Admiral Akbar
AV is cunning and studies the way one fights, and uses that as her advantage but maul is pure evil, the poor dark jedi stands no chance,.

DarthGenises
Maul pwns Ventress

Captain REX
Originally posted by General Zodiac
Darth Maul.

Better trained, and an actual Sith. Ventress was just a Dark Jedi.

SnakeEyes
I agree with everyone here. Maul would win...

Damarus
Yeah,i think so to,Maul would win

The Creator
Bump

Darth Avis
maul wins

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by The Creator
Bump
Why bother if we have a consensus, Ush won't bother closing this.

The Creator
I know others like Ianus or Sorgo will think differently.

Ianus
Eh, I think it could go pretty easily in either's favor. Asajj gave Anakin and Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto fits with her ferocity. Maul was matched blade for blade by a padawan.

And it doesn't hurt that Asajj has fought and killed several jedi masters before (Dark Rendezvous)

Darth Avis
is that a good book?

The Creator
Wow, where did all the Ventress would tool Maul people go?

Ianus
Originally posted by Darth Avis
is that a good book?

Dark Rendezvous pwns.

Darth Avis
better that shatterpoint?

Ianus
Hm. Hard to say. Shatterpoint is more visceral and primal in its approach.

Dark Rendezvous is insightful into the minds of Yoda and Dooku, and is a good story.

Darth Avis
But which do you think is a better waste of time, i mean read whistling.

Ianus
I'd reread Dark Rendezvous before I'd reread Shatterpoint.

henniestevens
i have dark rendezvous too and I think its a great book if you like yoda and dooku. I just kept reading. But I think Asajj would lose in a lightsaber battle. Maul is just extremely good in lightsaber battle.

Ianus
So is Asajj. Actually if I were to compare the two, I'd say they are very close to one another in skill. WHile Maul may have had Sith training, Asajj is a prodigy of sorts. Both killed jedi masters and contended with Obi-Wan in combat. I'd say they are on equal setting, but I give this to Asajj simply because she floored Kit Fisto so fast at a time when Fisto was above AOTC Obi-Wan.

jollyjim311
Like Anakin vs. Obi Wan. Obi Wan (Maul) has more training/experience while Anakin (Asaaj) is a prodigy with a lot of the same skills (two weapon fighting). Although, I think Maul is more powerful then Asaaj overall, but it's close. A long battle with Maul emerging the victor.

darthsith19
If anyone cares, I'd rather re-read Shatterpoint than Dark rendezvous (though both were awesome) though that may have something to do with the fact that it's been longer since I've read Shatterpoint. I think Shatterpoint was my favorite Star Wars book, though, and Dark Rendezvous was probably second.

And I think Maul could take out Asajj, but it'd be close. And about Maul being matched blade for blade by a padawan, well, Asajj lost to a Padawan, too.

Ianus
No, she lost to Anakin when he was a jedi knight. And she beat four jedi masters. I don't see the level comparison.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Ianus
No, she lost to Anakin when he was a jedi knight. And she beat four jedi masters. I don't see the level comparison.
Uh, Clone Wars Chapter 18. Beaten by a Padawan. And who were these Jedi Masters? And when did she beat them (which book)?

Darth Faunus
In the Clone Wars comics. . .

Se7in
Darthsith19 is right, Anakin beat her once as a padawan.

darthsith19
edit

Darth Faunus
Lol, what? I wasn't insinuating anything. You asked where she killed the Jedi and I gave you the source.

Ianus
Originally posted by Se7in
Darthsith19 is right, Anakin beat her once as a padawan.

Yes, but their final fight was depicted as VERY close. She's also beaten Kit Fisto in seconds, defeated that one Jedi Master from Dark Rendezvous twice and killed his companion and nearly beat Obi-Wan a couple of times.

She's more capable than people here like to admit.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Lol, what? I wasn't insinuating anything. You asked where she killed the Jedi and I gave you the source.
Whoops oops. Sorry. Yeah, who did she kill. And the cartoon can over power characters. it did so with grievous and Mace.

darthsith19
And Maul and Obi's wasn't?

Seconds? I was under the imperssion that was a very close duel.

J'ai Maruk. He's powerful but I doubt more so than Qui-Gon. And she barely beat him.

Maks Leem. And she wasn'r very strong.

Nearly.

Maybe, but forgive me for saying I think you overestimate her, just a little.

Ianus
And Maul and Obi's wasn't?

Yeah, Maul versus padawan Obi-Wan was very close. Glad to know Maul's on par with a padawan.

Seconds? I was under the imperssion that was a very close duel.

No, it wasn't. It was over pretty quickly... before Obi-Wan could wade through his enemies.

J'ai Maruk. He's powerful but I doubt more so than Qui-Gon. And she barely beat him.

Point is she literally beat the shit out of him twice. And it was -not- very close.

Maks Leem. And she wasn'r very strong.

Indeed, but is a confirmed kill.

Nearly.

This is post-AOTC Obi-Wan. TPM Obi-Wan was close to Maul in their battle.

Maybe, but forgive me for saying I think you overestimate her, just a little.

I don't think so at all. She fought a -very- close battle with Anakin just before ROTS and it took his ability and a sudden bout of darkside rage to finally overcome her and she -still- survived.

Maul uh, died to a padawan in a moment of PIS.

Darth Avis
what comic was that in where assaj and anakin fight? name please?

jollyjim311
I know it was in the Clone Wars cartoon, she was beaten by Anakin right before Anakin was Knighted.

darthsith19
Yeah, glad to know Asajj is to. But then there's the thing that Maul was only on par for the last 1/4 and was way ahead for the first 3/4 where as the Padawan Asajj lost to was on par with her the entire time.

But it was still close.

Read the book again. He says he forgot one thing. She was better. Just. Better.

So Vader has the most kills since he killed all the Younglongs, right? No, seriously, kill count matters very little. What matters is who you beat cause if Asajj beat 1000 Younglings (one at a time) and Maul beat Yoda Maul's stronger.

Close when using Force Rage.

A Padawan he had been kicking around for the first 3/4 of the duel. One who was on par with him when using Force Rage.

Ianus
I'm sorry, but I refuse to debate with a guy who has a Darth Maul avatar about Darth Maul. I've done this since February and it's starting to bore me.

Veneficus
I'm sorry, but I refuse to debate with a guy who has a Darth Maul avatar about Darth Maul. I've done this since February and it's starting to bore me.

Lol! laughing

Council#13
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Why bother if we have a consensus, Ush won't bother closing this.
Oh my god he was restriced again
Dunno cause maul's two ended lightsaber might hinder him a bit.... maul wins

Se7in
I say Asajj takes this, if not only due to the fact she's donge greater stuff that I know of. Maul lost to a padawan, due to more pure arrogance, and before that, his lightsaber got chopped in half. Asajj was no rookie in dueling, and just because she was a Dark Jedi doesn't mean she isn't strong.

jollyjim311
And just because Maul made one stupid mistake doesn't mean he's not strong. Everyone makes mistakes. *points to Anakin* Maul out dueled Obi Wan and Qui Gon and took out a healthy chunk of the Black Sun criminal orginazation, Maul was powerful, just in one instance overconfident, and one little mistake led to his death, not because he sucked.

The Creator
I also have a question if TPM Obi-Wan was as good as everyone makes him out to be why didn't he beat Maul sooner?

darthsith19
Good, I'll believe when I see it.

Cause he uisn't as strong as Maul. Even when using Force Rage he only matched him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.