Ghost Rider & Etrigan VS. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Who takes it?

Debate.

DrDoom
... no

Sentry
Originally posted by DrDoom
... no

? Why? GS probably couldn't do it on his own, so I put Etrigan to help even it out a little. GS and Etrigan are similar in a lot of ways.

MERCILOUS
But Etrigan probably could do it on his own, his power is much more than that of Ghost Rider.

Sentry
Has Etrigan ever put Superman down in a one on one battle?

MERCILOUS
That's a good question, to my knowledge they've tussled, but none has gotten a victory over the other.

Gregory
Superman totally smacked Etrigan down in The Demon 28, but for some reason throughout that fight, Etrigan only used his fire once--even though, being magical, it can indeed hurt Superman.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Gregory
Superman totally smacked Etrigan down in The Demon 28, but for some reason throughout that fight, Etrigan only used his fire once--even though, being magical, it can indeed hurt Superman.

He ompletely smacked him down in the time after time arc as well way back whenbig grin

So thats Supes 2 and 0big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

olympian
With Ghost Rider helping, Superman its going to have alot of problems. With both being magical.

However i dont give them the win. If Superman had caused or killed innocet before he would et hell thanks to GH penance stare. Since the ones he murdered wer villains ( the 3 kritonians from Superboys reality and Doomsday ), it wont be of use here.

Unless of course someone comes and give something of a Etrigan showing or feat that gives alot of pain to Supes.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Gregory
For Superman to lose would be a sin
Etrigan didn't use his magic because he would win
When fighting Big Blue his opponent goes dim
Because nobody is allowed to truely beat him

olympian
Etrigan feels proud of that rime.

Now im going, its finally time.

But do not fell despaired.

When yon eyes lay upon me again, youll run scared.

Tus has spoken Etrigan, more Demon than Man.

leonidas
they tussled again in an issue of action by byrne. etrigan's fire DID hurt supes a lot, but supes was able to fight through it and grab etrigan and blast him through a few walls. it appeared in that fight that supes was above etrigan in that one. if etrigan and gr blasted him at the same time, they might hurt him a lot, but i'm still not sure it would be enough. and if supes uses his speed as he seems to be doing a lot lately, they'd have trouble hitting him before he could take them out.

this might be a tough one, but i see supes winning it.

MERCILOUS
I'm pretty sure they've fought more times than that. The problem is that he only seems to show up in other peoples books when they need Jason Blood, not Etrigan.

cdtm
Etrigan wins. ETRIGAN WINS.

I don't care what happened in their comic fights. I own many of those fights.. Etrigan is so shackled with PIS it's not even funny.

Here's just one example: In an early 90's something Action Comics, Etrigan casually sends himself and Superman through time to battle Morgan Le Fey in the past. Time jumping by itself is a pretty big feat, but that's not my point..

The two face MLF, and she uses her magic to create a stone prison. The Demon immediately goes into "Woe is me, all is lost!" mode. He flat out gives up. But Superman realizes the cage is merely shaped by magic, and breaks them out of the cage.

BULL.... SHIT. Etrigan is an expert on magic and sorcery.. It's no exaggeration to put him up there with Dr. Fate and Dr. Strange. The thought that he wouldn't even attempt to break the stone cage, and Superman had to do it is just ridiculous.

Point 2: Etrigan defeated his half brother Merlin in a fair fight. The very same Merlin who served Camelot.. The very same Camelot Superman visited in Time and Time Again, a running Superman story where he bounces through different eras. Merlin had Supes well in hand, before they sorted out their differences.

Etrigan can beat Merlin who could casually defeat Superman.

That sounds like ABC logic, and it is, but the fact remains Etrigan has some of the most potent sorcery in DC, yet he reverts to common brawling tactics against Supes. He basically plays to Supermans strengths, which is the physical game.

In a proper forum fight, Etrigan uses all his resources and powers and, say, dumps Superman into the big bang. Or turns him into stone. Or a pink bunny or something.

H2h only, yeah, Superman wins. If Etrigan fights like an idiot, Superman wins.

nwg202
Team

RealityWarper
Ghost Rider is a non-factor. ^^

He is completely overwanked by his fans despite he has only two feats worth the notice and he was AMPED A LOT.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Ghost Rider is a non-factor. ^^

He is completely overwanked by his fans despite he has only two feats worth the notice and he was AMPED A LOT.

How so?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.