Superman vs Combo Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dawsey28
Superman vs Combo Man

Here is some info on Combo Man: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/combomanpromo.htm

Kind of a stupid character, I know, but he was powerful.

Could he defeat Superman?

Discuss.

long pig
What ever happend to the Combo snacks?

dawsey28
What do you mean? They are in every convenient store/gas station where I live.

That is quite a mix of powers and abilities. While I'm not sure he could beat Superman, I think he could give Supes quite a fight.

long pig
Prove it.
I need combos ASAP.

ImmortalOne
What combos are we talking about here ??

ImmortalOne
ANd on the ComboMan enemy list there was AIM, is that American ONline instant Messenger ??

Scoobless
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
ANd on the ComboMan enemy list there was AIM, is that American ONline instant Messenger ??

either that or Advanced Idea Mechanics

http://www.joeacevedo.com/images/customzone/customcon/stephens2004/MODOKAIM.jpg

Onikirimaru
Although a joke, from the costume if he is an amalgamation of all those heroes, superman would probably be jealous and go to the store and buy some combos of his own to becomen Superman Combo!

dawsey28
Anyone want to get back on topic and actually discuss this?

The Combos only worked on Wilder because he was he was hit by the energy ray and he had the comics with him. The combos wouldn't work on Superman like that.

Look, I know the story is a piece of crap, but I meant for this to be a serious thread. I provided info on him. I don't mind jokes and all, but lets actually have a discussion here and not let it be a joke thread only. Please. smile

He has Hulk-like strength which can match Superman's strength.

He may not be as fast as Superman, but he has Magneto's magnetism powers. (Not to be confused with the new uber-powerful Magneto, his powers are from Magneto before the upgrade. But also remember that Magneto was powerful before the upgrade.)

He also can "sense" danger like Spider-man and has Daredevil's radioactive senses. If Supes speedblitzed him, Combo man could use these powers to protect him. And if he gets hit, then he has a Wolverine/Sabretooth-esque healing factor.

Cyclops optic blast is like Superman's heat-ray vision. Although heat vision is probably more powerful. but he also has Iron-man's repulsor rays.

Mainly due to Supes' speed and the fact that Superman is more experienced with his powers, I believe Superman would win, but he'd have a fight on his hands. (Skilled in fighting like Captain America)

Actually, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Superman might not be able to take him.

So discuss.

CorderaMitchell
Do you mean T.J combo from killer instinct?

dawsey28
Did you not see the info I provided?

Or are you just trying to make a joke out of the thread?

CorderaMitchell
joking yes

demigawd
If Combo Man is like Mimic, then he has all of these powers but only half as potent and not as skilled, so he loses. However, if he's like Super Skrull, and he's MORE effective with it and MORE powerful, then he'd school Superman.

However, my guess is more the former than the latter. So he'd lose.

dawsey28
He is an amalgamation of all of those characters.

Like Dark Claw is an amalgamation of Wolverine and Batman.

He is just as effective with the powers as the character. He is just less experienced at being a superhero. wink

Fanboy
I am not impressed by combo man so Superman wins.

Onikirimaru
He seems to need to eat combos to keep his powers activated, so Superman could just fight him until he runs out of Combos, then Supes would put him on a diet..... PERMENATLY

dawsey28
Damn, I didn't even think of that.

Juntai
Light speed punch, smashes him halfway across the galaxy.
Didnt say anything about toughness.
Or speed.
Or breathing in space.

CorderaMitchell
Combo Breaker!!!!

dawsey28
Originally posted by Juntai
Light speed punch, smashes him halfway across the galaxy.
Didnt say anything about toughness.
Or speed.
Or breathing in space.

Nightstick
This'll be close Superman probably has a speed advantage, but Combo-Man has a skill advantage. In the end i'd say Supes though. While he doesn't have the same skill level he has a significant experience advantage.

Up In Flames
Superman is in a league of his own. Even though comboman possesses all sorts of powers, he lacks invulnerability. Superman almost equals the juggernaut when it comes to physical resistance. The only way CM could defeat him is if he had the juggernaut's power... dont you think?

dawsey28
Originally posted by Up In Flames
Superman is in a league of his own. Even though comboman possesses all sorts of powers, he lacks invulnerability. Superman almost equals the juggernaut when it comes to physical resistance. The only way CM could defeat him is if he had the juggernaut's power... dont you think?

While I agree that Supes would win, Combo Man could last a long time with the healing factor and Magneto's force bubbles.

spidermonkey
Combo Man is NOT defeating Superman. Sorry.

dawsey28
Yeah, but he could last a long time though confused

CPT Space Bomb
Superman stomps him. What a horrid character.

spidermonkey
Yeah he was kind of lame, but he was powerful, I guess.

Mecel
Not focusing on how bad a snack based hero is Superman still has this pretty easily. Most of these powers he has wouldn't phase him. And that's that assuming they're at the power level of the characters at the time. Spider-Sense doesn't help unless you have the speed to make it matter. Old Iron man around would just be trashed or ignored. Hulk powers are based on Banner Hulk so he has no chance of matching strength. Magneto and Cyclops powers would be more annoying than a true challenge. And what exact doe she he get from Punisher? Anyways if this character was remade with current power levels for some of the power levels he would be a challenge but otherwise Supe for the win. But of course I hope he is never remade big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.