Where is the blood in Star Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Will-one Kenobi
I mean when someone gets there arm choped of its like they have got no blood in his body, i mean where the hell has it all gone anyway, if they have no blood they would be dead, right?

lilmisskitten
Thats true i was wondering that and sometimes when they get slashed all you see is red powder , wow ..............

Rolda Hayes
Its to do with the heat of the lightsabres, sealing the wound almost straight away (I think??)

dflood
if the heat seals the wound then how come there was blood pouring from ponda baba when ob1 chopped his arm off in anh in the cantina

Apex512
Because his lightsaber crystal wasn't as strong anymore after so many years, or because the alien's blood was different than others, or maybe his skin was tougher or something.

Sans_Fi
_ehm... the force?
_thats your explanation for everything

dflood
Originally posted by Apex512
Because his lightsaber crystal wasn't as strong anymore after so many years, or because the alien's blood was different than others, or maybe his skin was tougher or something.

sorry but no i dont believe that ,,,,,gl clearly made a mistake

Red Superfly
Wow, just wow.

The lightsabers cauterise the wound. Try applying a hot iron to a massive gash. It heals it. Seeing as a lightsaber can melt foot-thick doors, it has enough oomph to seal a wound instantly after cutting.

As for the arm that Obi-Wan lops off in the cantina, that is a genuine mistake. Apparently it will be fixed in the DVD box set.

It's all pretty obvious.

Darth_fury
i thinks its just so it aint gory for little kids

dflood
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Wow, just wow.

The lightsabers cauterise the wound. Try applying a hot iron to a massive gash. It heals it. Seeing as a lightsaber can melt foot-thick doors, it has enough oomph to seal a wound instantly after cutting.

As for the arm that Obi-Wan lops off in the cantina, that is a genuine mistake. Apparently it will be fixed in the DVD box set.

It's all pretty obvious.

i do believe in the concept about it sealing wounds but its the ponda baba mistake that shades the theory in doubt

Red Superfly
Yeah, to which I said it was a mistake. Lucas has said so.

Lightsabers cauterise the wound.

Captain REX
That is the only time where we see blood from a lightsaber injury; quite obviously a mistake. No need to make cheesy theories.

Rolda Hayes
Yay! I got something right! whistle whistle

Jedi Priestess
sheesh........no need for a bunch of blood in a Star Wars movie...... no

The Ones
blood!!!!! i love it evil face

Ast Rofan
Come here man, I got your blood....

giljotiini

ShaKoon
everyone, here is the deal, Lightsabers have soooo much heat, the heat left blocks the blood pressure going to where the limp was chopped, in ANH, i guess it was a plot error (in AOTC, jango was decapitated, but no blood!)

david flood
Originally posted by Captain REX
That is the only time where we see blood from a lightsaber injury; quite obviously a mistake. No need to make cheesy theories.

cheesy theories ?

star wars is a cheesy movie so that gives an excuse to make cheesy theories stick out tongue stick out tongue

Captain REX
In that case, I mean theories that are cheesier than the movies. stick out tongue

It's called cauterization, since I have yet to see the word in here; seals the wound with intense heat. Lightsabers are super-heated plasma.

Dark Thor
i thought there was no blood cuz it was rated pg and that george lucas created star wars for kids

DeVi| D0do
Episode IV was rated pg and created for kids but still has blood...

Captain REX
Blood isn't the thing that pushes things up to PG-13. Maul has a small vaporizing amount of blood around him when he is cut in two.

splintercell
exatally
like say they showed anakin and padme fu,ckin that would make it pg 13 scens of nudity and sexuality now if someone would get their head cut i half and blood gush evry were it would be pg13 but like as said b4 the lightsabers heat closes the wound stoping the blood from leavig the wound

preysin
this is no horror movie! there is no need for blood

splintercell
i agree thumb up its a sci-fi kick ass saga

Mist

*coughWAMPAcough*whistling

splintercell
Originally posted by Mist
*coughWAMPAcough*whistling
wtf?

Mist
wampa. as in wampa from esb. as in the 2nd (or 5th, depending on how you see it) movie in the saga. it gets its arm cut off, and there is blood.

why did i come back here?

splintercell
oh thanks i didnt get it
yea the wampa did have blood...humm eh another mistake

Mist
No, I went back, the blood I thought was from the saber was from the thing it was eating. My mistake....

splintercell
Originally posted by Apex512

and rember so was lukes lightsaber it was anakins so take that into your wonderin

and mist the wampa had blood on his arm were it was severed i watched it today laughing out loud

((The_Anomaly))
indeed, the OT needs to fix that blood stuff, lightsabers would not cause people to bleed, well...

its all been explained many times, so i wont bother.

splintercell
laughing out loud yea theres no need to explain it anymore

HAROLD
Originally posted by Darth_fury
i thinks its just so it aint gory for little kids FINALLY someone says the obvious!

Captain REX
Mist, you bafoon! stick out tongue jk, we love you! eek! Okay maybe not... stick out tongue

theshakl
Serious guys have an Imagination!!!!

That guy that bled just make something up!!! Not everything has to be explained to you! Make something up and move on! don't be like, "oh that is cheesy"
Cause sometimes things in life ARE CHEESEY!

The New History
Originally posted by theshakl
Serious guys have an Imagination!!!!

That guy that bled just make something up!!! Not everything has to be explained to you! Make something up and move on! don't be like, "oh that is cheesy"
Cause sometimes things in life ARE CHEESEY! We don't have to make something up if GL has already stated the reason.

EHmasterJedi
Duh qestion, of course the reason why theres no blood in the Star Wars movie is because basically blasters and lightsabers shoot light/lazer LOL, so it just burns the wound, same principle in Rambo, when he lights the gun powder on his wound to burn it AKA cauterise it to stop the bleeding. in ANH when the guys arm bled of course that was just a mess up, it was the first movie and they were trying to figure out what the hell they were doing, lol, wasting minutes typing this anwser when someone should be able to come up with this themself.

darthmaul1
Maybe the light saber only coterizes one side of the wound? big grin
The parts that fall off have blood but the stuff connected to the body is coterized. maybe lukes hand is bleeding at the bottom of cloud city, maybe anakins arm is bleeding at dookus lair. maybe dookus head and hands are bleeding, how knows

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by darthmaul1
Maybe the light saber only coterizes one side of the wound? big grin
The parts that fall off have blood but the stuff connected to the body is coterized. maybe lukes hand is bleeding at the bottom of cloud city, maybe anakins arm is bleeding at dookus lair. maybe dookus head and hands are bleeding, how knows

roll eyes (sarcastic)

The lightsaber is an all around lightsource (of course) so it cauterizes all around the wounds it creates.

Ponda Boba's bleeding arm and the wampa's bleeding arm are movie mistakes that Georgey boy himself has admitted he farked up on.

Captain REX
Though, we're not sure that the Wampa's arm bled; he was eating something bloody beforehand. big grin

Ken Kenobi
Though, we're not sure that the Wampa's arm bled; he was eating something bloody beforehand. big grin

Yes he was, but look at the trail of blood coming from his stump. It's localizing from the wound, not from his mouth where he was eating food.

Oddly this should have been fixed for the SE since they were already working on TPM and in the SE they even ADDED a scene with the new Wampa and his bleeding stump.

Captain REX
Weird.

Well, cauterization can wear off, can't it? stick out tongue

splintercell
sweet lord were still argueing this sob! look it was a mistake thats it final!

chilled monkey
Originally posted by splintercell
sweet lord were still argueing this sob! look it was a mistake thats it final!

Where's the fun in that?

The reason the wounds don't bleed is that lightsabres cauterise wounds. Ponda Baba in the cantina didn't bleed because his species flesh doesn't cauterise, or because Kenobi turned the power down.

That is WAY more fun than saying **** like "it's a mistake" or "to keep the rating down". Use your imaginations.

Force Adept
Even if an arm was chopped off (say ANH) there is still blood, but it's dried and cauterized.

splintercell
SWEET LORD *SIGH* w/e!

Rolda Hayes
Can we close this now or move to EU section??

Will-one Kenobi
All right, All right, Ken close this down

Captain REX
It was a mistake; lightsabers either cut through everything and leave cauterized wounds, or are turned down for training, and simply leave slight burns. Aqualish are no different from any other species in Star Wars; Anakin hacks one down on his Separatist slaughter, and we don't see blood.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Will-one Kenobi
All right, All right, Ken close this down

How?

Mandos
The power of moderator!

splintercell
mods should know how to close threads cuz now this thread is...

Darth_Vader05
The blood is actually in The Phantom Menace when Qui-Gon gets stabbed and when Darth Maul gets chopped in half and that was PG i think there should have been some blood in Revenge Of The Sith because it was rated PG-13.

splintercell
it was his robe burnt not blood
and rots was rated pg-13 for the violence and anakin burning

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Whenwas it ever shown or implied that the power levels of lightsabers could be turned down? It's a gaffe, pure and simple. A mistake, like Jar Jar.

Captain REX
EU, Noodly. Padawans in EU, for lightsaber training, use low-power crystal so that they don't have a bunch of limbless younglings.

And Ken's not a moderator any more, get with the times!

Mist
The answer for the wampa is that Hoth is too cold for lightsabers to properly burn things stick out tongue

Did the tauntaun bleed? I cant remember, I havent watched it in a while..

splintercell
no the tauntun did not bleed

Tulak Hord
Ken's not a mod anymore? What??

Captain REX
He stepped down; he's had enough of the Ep3 forum's constant bickering...

No, the Taun-taun just had it's guts pour out; no blood.

Tulak Hord
Why do we need blood in SW? Why is blood so important to us that we must ask about it in SW? Maybe Lucas had Sabers cauterize the wounds so little kids could watch too! Any thoughts on this? Mm?

Captain REX
Kids? Pah! stick out tongue

dartharachnide
Maybe Lucas was so into all the special effects scenes he wanted, he didn't have time to think about blood. Or yeah, it might have been too gory for young kids.

Sith Solo
A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far Far Away.....There Was No Blood
And Now The Banana Will Dance.... Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.