"The Batman" 2004 cartoon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemshock2
Has anyone here seen any of the episodes from the newest Batman cartoon series called "The Batman". I've been recently watching a few of the episodes on the WB, and after a few showings I must say that they are not very good. The stories are sometimes barely there, instead replaced with Pokemon-style action-a-minute, and the reimagining of most things has been terrible, most importantly giving Joker dreadlocks and kung-fu action. Huh, since when has Joker ever been able to take on Batman? And the show has been given this "Jackie Chan Adventures" type look, complete with the anime traditions of speed lines and so on. Some episodes, like "The Big Chill", have actually worked, so it does look like the show is trying somewhat to be like Batman: TAS. So has anyone that has seen it liked the show?

Red Superfly
I've seen a few, and I ain't impressed. The Jackie Chan style is too prominent, it looks like it should be on Fox Kids.

At first it looked like it was going to be semi Japanese anime style kitsch like Teen Titans (which I am a big fan of) but I think Batman doesn't suit this happy-go-lucky style like Robin & Co do.

There was a thread somewhere about this where I expressed my concerns. The enemies look hideous. Joker has no menace or class, Catwoman looks like a chihuaha, Mr Freeze needs to get a job as a Marvel baddie and The Riddler looks like some sort of hidious cloning experiment of Marilyn Manson.

Joker1237
I gave up hope on this peace of ****** called a TV show.

Batman does hardly any Det work. The badguys run around, were even a 3 or 4 year old could find em in most cases. Batman is suppose to make you think.

In most of Batman TAS, Batman had to do det work, and solve clues, and work his way into the villians lair most often than not.

Here the Bad guys says, Hey Bats here I am, Can you see me?????

Yep I am still hoping it gets cancel. The Joker lacks the mence he was in BTAS. I mean BTAS guys has great storys, and they try to make EVEY singal one of the shows count. Even the sorry ones like "I Got Batman in my Basement" were pretty cool to watch.

The worse BTAS shows, were better than the good The Batman shows. And that is saying something. the Jackie Chan thing work for JAckie Chan or Teen Titans, it fails in The Batman.

If you take a look at this pic from BTAS, you can see why this show is so well loved. The Batman should shoot it self for even trying to be on TV.

dawsey28
I absolutely hated the way Killer Croc was portrayed on this show.

Do crocodiles live in Louisiana? How stupid.

Plus the timing. Why on Earth would you put this show on while JLU cartoon was still going?

Joker1237
I have nothing against the AWSOME JLU. But the thing is, I blame the Batman, for lack of Bat villians, because WB put a ban on the JLU. To used Bat villians.

Red Superfly
Lame.

Harvey Dent
The show is way to kiddie. I prefer the B:TAS much better.

Joker1237
I want a few Bat Villians on the LOD, I perfer Joker, but WB has that Bat ban, so no Bat Villians. A while back it was no batmobile, or no Bat Cave, but after a while, they lifted that part, of couse the Villians are still ban.

EsteemedLeader
i hated this show before i even saw it. theres no batsignal........no batsignal.....(curls up in corner sucking thumb) no

Joker1237
The Batman needs no Bat Singal. He has a Bat Wave lol.

EsteemedLeader
YOU SHUT UP.......we need batsignal......we needs our precciouuss

Joker1237
I only joking, but the Bat Wave, is other major flaw in the show. And I not kidding when I said Batman has the Bat Wave, ITs a walkie talkie.

I know, its a relly chessy name. But the guys on the show called it that.

Mainstream
they should've called it Bat tech or something

munkiesarus
Somebody explain why Cluemaster was overweight.

Joker1237
Well since the skinny Cluemaster that we all know in the comics, Since than he went to one candy store to many lol.

SnakeEyes
I watched about 5 minutes of it one day when I was bored. I was expecting it to be horrible and it was, so I haven't watched it since.

Joker1237
I still dont see why its still on the aired, I do get in a few fights with THE Batman fans, and told me I had no right to be upset with The Batman.

Evey Batman fan, should have EVEY right to be hoppping Mad.(And not like the Batman's Joker. Who hops around a lot lol.

EsteemedLeader
i havent seen much of the show, but the bat-wave and bat-bot suck, the joker just plain sucks, and the penguin is not supposed to be a match for batman in melee combat.

munkiesarus
It just plain sucks. No doubt about it. I mean, do the kids even like it?

EsteemedLeader
if they do, they suck. everyone sucks. i feel like i was betrayed by my best friend. why batman, why? sad

We cant let them get away with this!!!! mad

NoFate007
The only thing from what I've seen about this that I liked, and I mean literally the only thing, is how they portray Gordon....wait a second...they completely ignored that character, as well as mostly everything in Batman's canon..

BOPRecruit 16
saw an episode of the batman on cartoon network one saturday. hated it. couldn't stand to watch and everything in it. just wanted to at least watch one to see how it was. dude, the drawings, the crew's take on the villian's look, the music, and dialogue suck. it's as bad or worse than the daredevil movie. the batman won't last. that's my prediction. can't top batman tas.

Joker1237
Not many comic shows can relly top BTAS.

X-Men comes close, and Max;s Superman comics, are the only ones that can challage BTAS, in the best comic shows.

NoFate007
Spider-Man was awesome too, remember?

systemshock2
Teen Titans has turned out to be a pretty good cartoon too. They've had some really good story arcs, such as with Terra, Trigon + Raven, and of course Slade.

systemshock2
By the way did anybody else notice that "The Batman" was on Cartoon Network for only a couple of weeks? Is it still on there?

Joker1237
on weekens I think, I always change the channel when THE Batman comes on, than after 30 min, change it back

No way am I going to help the rateings on that show.

Bludhaven Boy
The show sucks, I think it is mainly there to leech success off of/build hype for Batman begins, and to market toys that emphasize Batman's gadgets. I prefer a less obviously gadget using Batman, but that's just me.

master koon
you now the new batman cartoon series 'the batman' does anyboby know in the UK where to get the action figure 'triple shot batman' and does anybody like the new cartoon I know that i do!!

Red Superfly
It's crap. And use the search feature.

master koon
i have tried the search engines but no luck

lifeisaglich
I kind of like it. k...i...n...d of l...i...k...e it

Mainstream
it's not as awful as a lot of people say it is....it needs work but it could become a real marvel...perhaps..in due time.

WindDancer
The reason this new cartoon is hated is because fans felt in love with The Batman Animated Series of the early 90's. That cartoon capture the style, action, darnkness, and story of Batman. Then by season 3 it totally separated from the original style of first episode of the Man-Bat. Robin was introduced then Batgirl and it lost it's touched.

I was hoping this cartoon would improve somehow, but is not happening. The drawings are terrible and overly done. The stories aren't even interesting and even worse is more like an action Batman. It fails to present Batman as the true detective everyone loves. Atrocious...simply atrocious!

Red Superfly
What about Batman's voice?

The voices are just all wrong. None of it sounds right.

lifeisaglich
This is the being of batman career, isn't he suppose to be more fighting and less detective work....I think the batman continues I think they will slowly start making the switch this current hated batman to more of the B:TAS type batman

NoFate007
Its the beginning..not the being..but anyway...Batman's always been a detective. And even if its mostly action, there's still too many other problems with the show that they would need to fix. The drawing of it, the dialogue, the characters, the lack of continuity with the comics or even the films for that matter...the voices are bad, blah blah blah I could go on and on. I mean God, what were they thinking with The Riddler and the Marilyn Manson thing going on??? And the Bat-Wave????? ??????? The only character that, so far, I have no complaints with, is FIREFLY!!! He's not even anything huge anyway!! lol

Joker1237
Even when Bats first came out he was a Det. EVEN his FIRST comic back in 1938 was more Det work, than action(Hardly zero action)

Batman is relly NOT about action, Superman is. But not Batman.

There is so many things wrong with the show, and the ALL action and ZERO det work, is a minor problem, compare to other MAJOR Flaws.

Ok maybe people like BTAS Better, But there is a GOOD reason why BTAS is loved. It is as close to the comics as one can get(Well comics when compare with 90's Batman. He change a lot since the 90's)

The Batman is not even that well compare to a 1990's Batman. He is not depress. like the Bats I know. And the one liners, Yes the one liners are a other flaw. Batman never talks. MAYBE if it were Spiderman, MAybe, I let is slide, But the one liners are 2 much. The villians lack any major plans. And the cons out weight the Goods here.

ITs a good thing Boomerang made the RIGHT moved and put BTAS(And Supes) at 1100.

BTAS is sure to be rember, The Batman, when it gets off the air, I sure would be forgoten or want to be forgoten.

NoFate007
BTAS is like the old X-Men cartoon, everyone remembers how awesome it is. But The Batman is gonna be like that MTV Spider-Man show, people forget it even existed in the first place, let alone anything cool about it. You could watch BTAS and know a lot about the comics, as stated above, but anybody starting out with The Batman is gonna get confused. Anyone answer me why Bane in The Batman uses the venom, and not only does his mask look different, but his teeth turn yellow and his skin turns red??? Lol

lifeisaglich
What was wrong with the MTV spiderman???

Red Superfly
It was rubbish and a failure.

No second series > proof.

Mainstream
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Somebody explain why Cluemaster was overweight.

cuz he won a life time supply of those cake thingies.

Joker1237
I shock he does not DROP dead with a heart attack with all that fighting work out he does lol.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Joker1237
I shock he does not DROP dead with a heart attack with all that fighting work out he does lol.

corpse

chicho
nice

nate100
i gotta admit i wanted this show to be good, i really did, but it seems like they just bent batman over a table and rammed it home without even lubbing the poor guy up first.

its also a total turnaround for the batman franchise.

for years the only truly decent way to watch a batman story was with the cartoons cause the films were, well, crap.

now we have a new film which i think everyone will agree is not bad at all, and we're stuck with a cartoon that has pissed over batman like he was nothing.

it just seems unbelievable. did these people not sit down and check their work first? its awful. i can appreciate the idea of "lets liven things up, throw a couple of fresh ideas into the mix, a re-imagining of sorts" but what was wrong with it in the first place? erm..... NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Joker1237
Right nothing was Wrong with BTAS.

IT was as perfect as one can be with the stuff Bruce Tim had to deal with.

ITs a insult that Robin is not in the batman. And the Joker needs to wear shoes.

Kieralinn
I Hate this show.....I think I have only seen 2 eps that were watchable. And what the H**** did they do to Batgirl?? not to mention ever single villian! I don't think it's right to just rewrite Batman anyway you want and expect people to just accept it....I know most Bat-fans don't.

but because it is Bats....I have a teeny teeny tiny sliver of hope it will get better.

NoFate007
Batgirl?....I don't remember her, or Robin, or Nightwing, among others, ever making an appearance...

Kieralinn
She is going to be in the next episode...the season opener....just like Commissioner Gordon has finally joined the show and the Bat-signal finally showed up in the last few minutes of the season ender. I hope that damn "Bat-wave" thing is history! This show is sooooooo awful to me, maybe they are finally listening to the Batman fans abou everything that is wrong with this show and fixing it....I hope.

Of course...look at what they did to Batgirl!!?? Her design is absolutely horrible!!!! mad

Kieralinn
OOPS! Accidental double post! So i earsed it and here is a pic of Gordon and the Bat-signal for ya!

tpaquin
Batgirl is the girl in Go-go boots!
I'm disgusted by that picture. This whole thing reminds me of the plot of "Comic Book: The Movie" where they took a smart character that needed no re-vamping and added steroids until there was somuch hopping around and ADD action taht it was perfect for the average smelly, hyperactive kid.

Mainstream
the Batman

NoFate007
....so they're introducing Batgirl, before Robin? Ding ding, another error, great job writers.

Mainstream
Originally posted by NoFate007
....so they're introducing Batgirl, before Robin? Ding ding, another error, great job writers.

yeah but Robin in the Titans...let's give Batgirl some spotlight time....she really needs some you know. as Raven would say..."we need to learn to controll our emotions" meditate

ayjay
GOOD GOD! Batgirl looks like crap!..omg....i've only watched a few episodes of The Batman....firstly, i dun likehis voice...sounds like a teenager....probably cos it was the same person who did the voice fro SPider-man Unlimited...>_<....i hate his cowl....looks dumb....and he's not DARK....he just like a kung fu dude kicking pplz asses...

BTAS kills this...that was an awesome show....it had all the elements....and wats with this freekin animation...its horrible...i hats The Batman art....*spew*

Joker1237
Well We cant have a Batman cartoon with OUT Robin.

Dont say Robin does not need the spot light, because it wont be Batman with out Robin.

And Batgirl always came later, Comics, BTAS, And yes even the movies.

Robin first, than Batgirl.

Kieralinn
You can blame the Bat-embargo for no Robin on the Batman too...."he's already on Teen Titans" the kiddies will get confused! Stupid suits!

Personally....Batman needs to be alone for another season anyway..or longer! He is supposed to be early 20's...at the most 25...well, then Robin could show if he's 25. Besides...they just FINALLY brought on Gordon and the Bat-signal....they better get rid of that damn Bat-wave crap!

Plus...make the Joker put on some shoes and get a haircut....Have Riddler grow out of his GOTH phase.....give Penguin amnesia so he forgets all that ninja crap he suddenly knows...give Freeze his damn gun back...he could never ever do that naturally! Have these guys even read a Batman comic? And NEVER under any circustances...NEVER bring back the STUPID Bat-robot!!!

I thought the Bane wasn't so bad...then that thing showed up and I was like...."COME ON!!!" Oh and Clayface is more like Mud-face! Quit having him dripping everywhere!!!

nate100
I dont like this new show as much as i wanted to as is evident by my previous post, BUT, after seeing that picture of gordan and the bat-signal i felt the little light of hope in my heart that had been almost extinguished by this pile of crap spark to life again.

i dont know why but finally having gordan in the show has just ,for me, given it a little more credibility. having said that thou:

Bat-girl? before Robin?!!! i dont think there are words to express how stupid that is.

stop fu*king around with all the villians! they were fine before. jazz them up a little maybe, but please no more ninja penguin, supernatural Mr.Freeze and definetley no more stupid, poxy, soul destroying new Joker!

bat-wave? now my thoughts on that are:

batman obviously needs a way to know that shit is going down, he doesn't have a batsignal to call for help so what does he use?..... a GPS walkie talkie thing. it does make sense when you think about it, but now the bat-siganal is in the 'hood he can get rid of that piece of crap. or at least set up a nice little side line and market it out as a kids toy and get some extra revenue for all his bat equipment he'll need! a Vigilante and an entrepreneur!

sevenman
"The Big Chill" was nothing like Batman:TAS. THE BATMAN is cool show because they are not trying to be like Batman:TAS. THE BATMAN is just cool like that, yo. My little brother is a big fan of "THE BATMAN" on CARTOON NETWORK and has alot of action figures that he plays with. In Batman#121 Mr.Freeze was some pink and green guy named "Mr.Zero". Paul Dini and other writers and animators changed him almost completely in BATMAN TAS but no one argued because it was awesome. That is because BATMAN TAS was an awesome TV show because it was able to bring a new mix on THE BATMAN universe. In the 1989 BATMAN movie THE JOKER was named Jack Napier and was the one to fall into a vat of chemicals instead of uhhhhhhhhhh....that first guy who fell into a vat of chemicals in Detective Comics #27. His name escapes me. BATMAN the movie was far off from the original comics but it was eventually accepted and BATMAN TAS admits to everyone and themselves that THE JOKER was originally Jack Napier. So if there is an inconsistency in one of the new BATMAN cartoons it was either done on purpose or it's just a cartoon and you probably shouldn't worry about it.

Joker1237
Joker's orgin story of the chemicals bath was like that since the 1950's. Besides the mobtster thing, They did not change how the Joker came to be in the movie.

As a comic Bat fan, I upset at the lack of closeness to the comics.

BTAS at least was close to the comics. Ok change it a little, but dont REVAMP the thing.

NoFate007
I don't even think you can consider it a revamp...I think its just a complete disregard. Its like someone went:

Ok, another villain is Victor Fries, aka Mr. Freeze. He wears a suit and he controls ice.

And they had no previous knowledge so they just made it up.

Joker1237
yeah the Joker was able to get the powers of the monkey lol.

I mean he does hope around like a ape lol.

Ok, maybe its NOT a revamp, but a disregard.

Like I said in the other THE Batman trend, The Joker cares how he dresses lol.

I mean he even says he a better dresser than Batman lol.

If the Joker does not wear shoes, how can he compare his dress style with Bats?

sevenman
Thanks for clearing that up, Joker1237. Originally he was not Jack Napier with the gangster thing. Then again he did not have an origin at all? To my knowledge the Joker's origins were more mysterious than that of BATMAN's until the 1950's and the 1989 movie. You may be upset but with a movie that grossed in more money than any film that year it is hard to argue. Awesome Remix VS Classic Original. I like to think of "THE BATMAN" as an alternate BATMAN universe. If any good comes out of it we'll throw it into the "Real" world of BATMAN.

systemshock2

Like I said in the other THE Batman trend, The Joker cares how he dresses lol.

I mean he even says he a better dresser than Batman lol.

If the Joker does not wear shoes, how can he compare his dress style with Bats?

Amen to that Joker1237. Joker, as insane as he is, has always at least maintained himself with the utmost of class when it comes to how he dresses. The only time he dresses differently from his usual pressed suit is when his appearance relates to the "joke" he's playing at the moment. Oh and if anyone has ever seen the Batman/Punisher comic book drawn by John Romita Jr., he draws a wickedly cool Joker dressed in Armani type suits.

sevenman
"Kiss the Cook" was my favorite.

manjaro
i love the show. i have no complaints, sure they re-worked or changed a bunch of the characters altogether but so f ****ing what? its just a cartoon ppl! lighten the f **** up why dont ya! i mean i too am sentimental towards the original but no so sentimental that im going to write off any other batman related show

dawsey28
Yes, but if kids start watching that show and THAT becomes Batman to them, then there is a reason to complain.

manjaro
the same way that TAS became batman to all of us over the orignals from the sixties and seventies..its just natural progression

Kelly Renee
I haven't seen any episodes, but i've watched a few clips over the net. I can't get past The Joker's 'monkey like' design.

This show screams.. 'THIS ISN'T BTAS' and that bugs me, for some reason.. *shrugs*

sevenman
Out with the old in with the new.

Joker1237
the show bugs me in a whole.

Bruce Wayne looks more like Jackie Chan than he does Bruce Wayne lol/

Kelly Renee
Yeah..I agree.. Bruce looks horrible....

Are the stories any good?? I'm curious. I heard it's all action/looks.

NoFate007
No, there really is no stories to the episodes. Its usually like "I'm running around town, blowing things up, uh oh, there's the Batman, let's fight, I'll beat you, we'll meet up again, I'll run away, we'll meet up again, you'll defeat me and arrest me."

sevenman
Bad day.

2pac00
2468 why cant you get a date

sevenman
BAD DAY!

dawsey28
Originally posted by manjaro
the same way that TAS became batman to all of us over the orignals from the sixties and seventies..its just natural progression

I understand what you are saying, but at least TAS captured the essence of what Batman is supposed to be. That's why it doesn't bother me one bit that TAS became "Batman" to us.

This new show, however, barely captures any essence of Batman or his villains, supporting cast, or any of that. Therefor there is a reason to complain that THAT is what Batman will become to the new generation.

Progression is fine as long as you keep it what it is supposed to be.

tpaquin
I don't really care about all this "capturing the essence" hokum, I just resent the unecessary replacement of a smart cartoon with a generic anime-style ripoff.

dawsey28
Well that too.

Joker1237
I do care about catching the essence of the comics. I mean BTAS was not 100 percent right design wise two the comics. But it did catch the dark meaning of the show.

This Batman makes puns, like he is Spiderman and ask Alf were his Nancos are. And dont forget the Cheese. The Batman likes these unhealty foods. BTAS Bats is a health nut.

sevenman
Look at Batman from 1966. Look at the animated series. Look at The Batman. Progression is always what is is supposed to be: Moving Foward....HAHA, Alf and Jackie Chan.

NoFate007
The Batman is a step backwards, not forward, from TAS

sevenman
That is your opinion. The Batman happened after Batman the Animated Series and that is moving foward.

dawsey28
Originally posted by dawsey28
I understand what you are saying, but at least TAS captured the essence of what Batman is supposed to be. That's why it doesn't bother me one bit that TAS became "Batman" to us.

This new show, however, barely captures any essence of Batman or his villains, supporting cast, or any of that. Therefor there is a reason to complain that THAT is what Batman will become to the new generation.
Progression is fine as long as you keep it what it is supposed to be.

sevenman
Originally posted by sevenman Look at Batman from 1966. Look at the animated series. Look at The Batman. Progression is always what is is supposed to be: Moving Foward........HAHA, Alf and Jackie Chan

NoFate007
.....The Batman still blows. Lol

lifeisaglich
the batman does not exactly blows...with each season they are improving

sevenman
They should have been great from the begining. Nowadays, especially with the rise of Japanese cartoons (Which will most likely collapse on itself with cheaper production costs in China and Korea), The Batman isn't winning any awards and I don't give it any credibility for being a real Batman cartoon. The true dark knight has gone to Justice League Unlimited.

Joker1237
I dont think Batman needs to be anime, to be a great cartoon or a cool cartoon.

BTAS was not anime, and yet it can stand on its own 2 legs. Sure it may not have the art work or the colorful scenes that anime has, But Batman is not relly about all that. Not evey cartoon needs to be anime to be cool.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by sevenman
That is your opinion. The Batman happened after Batman the Animated Series and that is moving foward.

No, The Batman is simply retelling the same story, only shitty.

That's not only moving backwards, but also moving backwards through shit.

sevenman
No. I was right the first time. The Batman happened after Batman the Animated series.

I dont think Batman needs to be anime, to be a great cartoon or a cool cartoon.

BTAS was not anime, and yet it can stand on its own 2 legs. Sure it may not have the art work or the colorful scenes that anime has, But Batman is not relly about all that. Not evey cartoon needs to be anime to be cool. I never said Batman needed to be an anime. You ASSUME that.

American cartoons have art work and colorful scenes better than Japanese cartoons.I am talking about how Japanese Cartoons are doing on a world-wide scale award-wise and ecomically compared to American cartoons nowadays. Batman the Animated Series predecessor can do better.

Mainstream
The Batman can beat any villian punch

lifeisaglich
When the batman started I had my if's and's or but's....but I gave it time and it is getting better hopefully they will not take a wrong turn in the coming future...all and all the batman is ok.....Batgirl is first featured in the batman because the powers that be decided that robin was too occupied with the Teen Titans to be in the batman...(at least that is what I heard)

sevenman
Why would they be concerned with Robin in Teen Titans if they have Batman in Justice League?

Mainstream
the Batman takes place before he meets Robin or joins the JLU....I guess they figured...Robin on the Teen Titans Cartoon so they decided to use Batgirl instead.

Bat Dude
I'm sick and tired of people comparing The Batman to Batman: The Animated Series. BTAS is obviously the greatest Batman TV show with Adam West as a good second.(call me old fashioned but....) The Batman isn't like BTAS, and it's a kid's show. It's called artistic license. Let it be it's own show and stop attacking it! (takes guns away from members)

Anyway, The Batman is ok, not half, no let me rephrase that, not a quarter as good as BTAS, but it's improving. The Riddler episode was pretty good. And I admit, they made bad desicisons, like making Joker a hippie in the beginning, but Joker's back in the purple suit now!(Since the beginning of season 2) And they're introducing Gordon at the end of season 2. So it's getting better every season.

Joker1237
Joker may be in the purple suit, But whats the point of wearing the suit, when you dont have cool black shoes to go with it????

Bat Dude it taking away the Guns.

But I am sneaking members of the board guns lol. To attack it. It has earn the right to be torn down and never again be on the air. It has earn to be compare to BTAS, and end up sucking eggs.

Bat Dude
Joker, great combo on your sig. Nichalson and Hamil, the Titans of Jokerville. And a little Romero would do us all good.

Joker1237
I do do my best lol.

sevenman
Originally posted by Bat Dude The Batman isn't like BTAS, and it's a kid's show. Ageist... D=

When Batman 1992 came out some people said it would never be as good as the original 1966 TV show because it was too different from the 1996 TV show. The Batman 2004 cartoon series came out and now some people say it will never be good as the 1992 series because it was too different. I know that is human nature. To hate absolutely everything that is new. OMG STFU NOOBS!!!!1

brainchild81
This isn't a bad show. It's not on par w/BTAS, but it's not horrible. It's watchable. I like how most of the villains have fighting skills. I do feel like they've totally f**ked up the Riddler though.

NoFate007
Exactly. Its not a horrible, terrible show.....but in comparison to TAS....its shit and it should be burned with severe prejudice lol

Mainstream
Exactly. Its not a horrible, terrible show.....but in comparison to TAS....its shit and it should be burned with severe prejudice lol

not a fan huh?

NoFate007
Nah lol When I watch a show that has the Bat-Wave......

brainchild81
That's for the kids man. It reminds them of a Poke'dexsmile

NoFate007
haha

"Look Alfred, a Joker!"
*pokedex noise*
"Joker - sometimes referred to as Jack Napier. A trickster that can pack a punch and a punch line at the same time."
"This one's rare Alfred, I have to catch it!"

BlackC@t
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
YOU SHUT UP.......we need batsignal......we needs our precciouuss

laughing

I think the show's okay. But cant they give Batman a different costume for once!? I'm so sick of seeing the same damn costume in every Batman TV show. The costume should be similair to the one in Batman Begins.

BlackC@t
haha

"Look Alfred, a Joker!"
*pokedex noise*
"Joker - sometimes referred to as Jack Napier. A trickster that can pack a punch and a punch line at the same time."
"This one's rare Alfred, I have to catch it!"

What the f**k? Are you serious?

LAME!

smiley8
The show isn't that bad to be honest! Like with all the Batman movies and serieses, you cant like all of them but just have to accept the different ways in which the characters are portrayed. thats what makes Batman so great, the everchanging dark knight!! however they could have made the villains a bit more believable, did anyone see the one with the Riddler? Looked totally wrong!!

Mainstream
Originally posted by smiley8
The show isn't that bad to be honest! Like with all the Batman movies and serieses, you cant like all of them but just have to accept the different ways in which the characters are portrayed. thats what makes Batman so great, the everchanging dark knight!! however they could have made the villains a bit more believable, did anyone see the one with the Riddler? Looked totally wrong!!

I like the gothic Riddler...it was better than Batman Forevers "Joker Riddler".

systemshock2
After watching another episode I think I've realized what makes the show intertwine between being alright to annoying. It's the fact that none of the scenes ever slow down, so there's hardly ever any dramatic effect in them. B:TAS constantly had scenes of reflection, scenes where two characters just talked with one another after something bad happened, or talked to find a solution to their problems. I remember scores of those between Batman and Robin in that show. Here I never see any of that, instead just constant action and quick cuts to other scenes. I don't know, anybody else notice that?

Red Superfly
In all fairness, it would be a pretty decent show if:

- Batman The Animated Series never existed.
- The only thing Batman related before it was Batman & Robin the old 60's Batman.
- The Jackie f*cking Chan cartoon wasn't superior.
- It didn't suck.

Hell even if Richard Simmons played Batman while Barbera Streisand sang the theme tune I'd at least pay attention.

SUCKS.

Joker1237
go JAckie Chan, we need that back on the air ways lol.
But even with BTAS never existed, or Bats has not gone past Adam West, ete/

And yes even if the batman was better than Jackie Chan, It will still suck.

The reason Chan does not suck is because, look, its Jackie Chan and the guy is pretty smart with his TV show lol.

D-Mononoke
You know you BTAS worshippers really need to STFU. You are doing nothing but embarassing yourselves on the net. I'm a bit of a critic myself but at least I don't let my opinions get ****ing personal like you guys. I admit the BTAS was better than The Batman but NOTHING in this world of ours is the greatest whatever in whatever.

All I have seen you people do is spit fire on The Batman series while glamorizing BTAS like Christians spitting fire on Jews because of their beliefs on how Jesus was a prophet instead of the son of freakin' God!

Folks...please grow up. You're acting like 2-year olds over a cartoon of all things. The characters aren't even freakin' real. It seems that most "fans" of Batman like to demonize about anything new about it's key characters because it's not following the unwritten rule of keeping the characters following their "true" traits. It's that fact alone that almost want me to just say **** everything Batman-related and let it burn in hell for all I care.

I don't buy that non-existent bull**** about true traits. The only thing key things I've seen with most versions of our favorite characters is that Batman is a hero that's a billionaire in disguise and Joker is the villianous insane clown. How they act and how they dress depends on that particular version's traits and the settings. Don't be so narrow-minded and bitchy about characters that don't even stay completely in-character in the first place.

Expecially with you people complaining about Riddler's design. FYI, Riddler always did look like a dork. They just updated him into a 21st century dork. That is it, nothing more and nothing less. The truth hurts, doesn't it?

You people are the reason why most people don't like to get too into the comic book world because there is nothing but criticism and complaints.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by D-Mononoke
I don't let my opinions get ****ing personal like you guys.

Yeah... right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.