Red Dwarf novels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
Anyone read any Red Dwarf novels?

I've read Red Dwarf and Better Than Life, and now I'm gonna get Backwards and The Last Human to finish it off.

They are brilliant books. They talk about the events of the series but it's done as if it's a movie, with all the events being linked together as one huge adventure.

Like in Better Than Life, when Lister plays pool with planets, he is playing pool with the same planet he ends up Marooned on.

Really good and entertaining read.

Imperial_Samura
True, true. I found them quite enjoyable, and nice nice different take on the shows themes and stories (quite suprised by were Earth turns up and it's... fate) Still, I always said cockroaches would inherit the earth wink

shaber
I killed a few nanoseconds with the first one. Notice a big difference in Lister's reaction to his predicament; in the book he falls to pieces, but in the tv show he takes it better than the computer simulation of Rimmer - "well I'll tell you one way you haven't changed Rimmer, you're still a smeg-head!"

Red Superfly
Yeah it seems to be a lot "darker" in tone. Thats just the vibe I got.

Funny how Lister plays pool with Earth, gets Marooned on it, then becomes an old man.

Talkie Toaster gets a big part in the story too, it's funny that the Guilt-less Krtyen ends up trashing it as opposed to Lister.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.