Deception Point - Dan Brown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hellraiser
Hey all, just thought I'd post here. I just bought Deception Point on saturday by Dan Brown, I am 100 odd pages through the book and I must say that this is definatly one book I am drawn by. The way Dan writes interests me and the storyline is perfect. Anyone else like to comment on this book or any other of Dans book. After I am done with this, I think I will read either Digital Fortress or Angels and Demons ( I think its called that ). I would like to read Angels before Da Vinci as it is a prequel to it.

Movie_Geek_
I have read both Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Coad. They are both grate books. I like Da Vinci better of the two.

Neo_Version 7
ANgels and Demons was better in my opinion. Although the Da Vinci Code did "make" me a fan of Dan Brown.

Deception Point? It was alright. My order would be:

1. Angels and Demons
2. The Da Vinci Code
3. Deception Point
4. Digital Fortress

Misc_Rose
Hey! I too have read all of the Dan Brown books. The Da Vinci Code made me a fan. I love his writing style.
My order would be:
Angels and Demons
The Da Vinci Code
Digital Fortress
Deception Point

Love Misc Rose xxx

Kid Cheynno
there all crap books. Kid Cheynno

Misc_Rose
Hey Kid Cheynno

Difference of opinion obviously, why did you dislike the books? Was it writing technique or just general storyline?
What books do you like then? Any author preference?

Misc Rose

Movie_Geek_
I have only read two of his books like I said befor but I plan on getting the other so I would like to know why you do not like them too.

Misc_Rose
Hey Movie Geek!

Digital Fortress and Deception Point are brilliant, though I don't think are as good as the other two. It's probably because the other two have more history in them. I also love the character of Robert Langdon,which Digital Fortress and Deception Point don't include. Really looking forward to The Solomon Key,should be out towards the end of this year.

What do you think to the casting of 'The Da Vinci Code' movie? I really like Tom Hanks as an actor but not quite who I imagined as Langdon.

Hope you like the books when you get them. Enjoy!

Love Misc Rose

Movie_Geek_
I was a little surprised to here that he would play Langdon. He is not at all who I pictured. I still think it will be a good movie. The thing is that there are a lot of Cristin Rights Groups getting in the way.

Misc_Rose
Yeah that's true. I love how it's the first time they've allowed filming in the Louvre yet they are not allowed to film in West Minster Abbey.
Oh yeah should be a good film, I just hope they don't leave to much out, it always seems to be the downfall to book adaptations.

Not quite sure who I pictured for Langdon. I think Ian McKellen will be great as Teabing but again not who I pictured at all.

Kid Cheynno
Well Misc Rose, i'm more of a comic book/ graphic novel kinda man myself, i dont really read other books, the only other book i ever recall reading was all the Lord of the rings and the Hobbit. The reason i dont like them is cause everyone seems to be reading them, i mean i read lotr whens it was considered to be geeky, but now its 'cool'. But you sound like a really cool girl, i mean u like Sir Ian McKellan for a start.
Kid Cheynno ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.