The Mission

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fionnuala
I searched for a thread on this but I couldn't find one, so sorry if one already exists..

I just saw The Mission today, and thought it was stunning, the use of music is incredible. It is an incredibly moving story, so sad and tragic..all the more so because it actually happened..I thought they handled it well and didn't over sentimentalise the scene of the massacre, as can sometimes happen. The depth and range of human emotions portrayed was intriguing as well...

I know it's not a particularly recent film but what did people think of it?

Sorry again if this is a duplicate.. embarrasment smile

supertruper
Ok - I'm glad to see this because I LOVE this film. Unfort it's been quite a while since I've seen it - so I'm not sure I have much to add - but I will say I remember the soundtrack being my favorite part - very moving music - powerful and appropriate for the film. Now I want to rent this...thx for reminding me!

Fionnuala
Originally posted by supertruper
Ok - I'm glad to see this because I LOVE this film. Unfort it's been quite a while since I've seen it - so I'm not sure I have much to add - but I will say I remember the soundtrack being my favorite part - very moving music - powerful and appropriate for the film. Now I want to rent this...thx for reminding me! That's okay....it's such an amazing movie I had to make a thread about it happy

bakerboy
Its a great movie, i have the special edition on dvd and its a classic. Deniro and Irons performances are such perfect, the ambientation in the jungle is fantastic and the music is magical. Great movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.