What do you think about Kelsey Grammer playing Beast in X3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spiderkid515
i want your opinoins on kelsey grammers role of beast in X3?

Tron
It's gonna take a good suit and plenty of make-up, but for some reason Kelsey Grammer as Beast just seems right.

Khellendros
No. Nuh uh. No way. He's not even close to being fit enough to pull off the physical stuff that playing Beast would require. Now, find some young, strong actor and have Kelsey Grammer doing the voice, and that's be awesome.

whobdamandog
Kelsey Grammar..Bwahahahahah..he's got the voice but that's it..The guy that they had on X-2(or was it X-1..I'm not sure) in the video clip as Hank Mccoy definately looked the part. I can't think of anyone else off hand to play him. They should just get an unknown..like Jackman...then we don't have to worry about a big name stars ego crapping out the film..

MERCILOUS
If they stay true to the character no Human could play him anyway. He's far too large and acrobatic. It'll all end up computer graphics with Kelsey's voice, which sound just great to me.

whobdamandog
I don't know..I've seen some people who look like "Beasts" in real life..I don't think they'd have to go CGI.

Paola
arrow

long pig
Kelsey is perfect.

yerssot
I just hope they include Beast, I trust the castingcrew can do the job right thumb up

childish hope, I know wink

Marvelgeek
Kelsey Grammer as beast is one of the few thing that has me excited for X3, the way things look now. smile Bit concerned about how much CGI they're gonna have to use though.

Disturbance
Yeah. Well. He looks sort of alike, but I always found Beast sexy and with K. G. I couldn't help thinking of Frasier. And that is NOT sexy.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Disturbance
Yeah. Well. He looks sort of alike, but I always found Beast sexy and with K. G. I couldn't help thinking of Frasier. And that is NOT sexy.
Unfortunatly they can't all be sexy like in the comics.... stick out tongue
One has to look past that and go with someone that radiates Beast personality-wise and IMO Kelsey would be a great fit (and Frasier actually has some things in common with beast, personality-wise of course, no one's disputing the fact that he's not sexy) and especially the voice is absolutly perfect for the part.
We have to sacrifice the looks and put faith in make up that he'll at least look SOMEWHAT like beast and then let CGI do its job with the moves.

munkiesarus
I've never seen Fraiser. Everyone else likes it so I guess it should be good.

CG might work.

Originally posted by whobdamandog
I don't know..I've seen some people who look like "Beasts" in real life..I don't think they'd have to go CGI.

If we're talking about hairy truckers, I doubt Trucker McTruck Truck can act.

Fuel
Kelsey gramer would make a great beast because of his voice. i think it is alot like the voice of beast in the old cartoons which was good.but as playing him like being in costume i'm not to sure about.i just hope they can pull that off using technology

Disturbance
Does anyone have a picture of the TV screen where Hank appears in the movie?

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Disturbance
Does anyone have a picture of the TV screen where Hank appears in the movie?

munkiesarus
Beat me to it...>_>

I rather have CGI then a body suit like the Thing.

WhiteRacistGirl
Beast is going to look funny.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Beat me to it...>_>

I rather have CGI then a body suit like the Thing. I prefer to have something that looks more real. In general I'd chose make-up and prosthetics before CGI. But I might change my mind on that when and if we see any finalized pics of it. Until then I try to have faith and trust the people in charge on the matter...
Originally posted by WhiteRacistGirl
Beast is going to look funny.
'got that right. stick out tongue

wuTa
kelsey grammer as beast??....i hope this is a joke....its not even a good one

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by wuTa
kelsey grammer as beast??....i hope this is a joke....its not even a good one It is confirmed.

mr.smiley
I think he's the best pick so long as he's in makeup.I think they'll still go with the X1 beast look.His pics where an easter egg of an artist rendering in the original dvd.Plus in the first X men mutant academy the costume Beast has was an idea they had for the movie.

munkiesarus
Can you describe it?

NoFate007
http://public.fotki.com/x3movie/fan_art/legolasabeast.html

Fan made that, but still. If that's from a fan, think about how good the real version will look.

I think he's perfect, I'm so glad that they didn't just keep that guy from the cameo - however I wish they hadn't have filmed that cameo, and kept the continuity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.