The Missing Horcrux (spoiler alert)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordYomi13
Spoilers perhaps!.............................................................................................. Ok in one of J.K Rowlings interviews posted on this site, she says that there is a horcrux that no one knows about. She says if you re-read the book you might figure it out. I was thinking, could the horcrux be harry's scar?

Mist
I was thinking this also...something to do with Harry....who better to make a Horcrux into than the one who is supposedly destined to destroy you?

It'd tie together the parts with Harry sharing visions with not only Voldemort, but also Nagini (if Nagini turns out to be a Horcrux too).

I havent read that book for ages, did they ever explain why Harry had a connection with the snake?

But anyways, theres enough to put together for a valid argument having Harry as a Horcrux.

(Could the first post be edited a bit so the page isnt so wide?)

Fwiw187
I totally agree with you guys... that is what i was think also.... now, is snape good or bad.. i THink good

DanZeke25
I think Snape is bad, and im pretty sure Harry is not a horcrux

NightCrawler341
Snape good, Harry not horcrux because he would have to destroy himself before destroying Moldy Voldy.... ain't happenin'.

GraciePoo
i dunno i definitely wouldnt put it past JK, shes a trickster... smile

LordYomi13
you have to admit that would be absolutely crazy. Voldemort would be wicked smart to make a horcrux as the one person who can destroy you. It's the smartest idea voldy could make.

NightCrawler341
But also kind of stupid because, and i really can see this, Voldemort would know that Harry would kill himself, leaving that Horcrux easy to destory. Besides, hasn't Voldemort been trying to kill Harry?

Hermione202
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
But also kind of stupid because, and i really can see this, Voldemort would know that Harry would kill himself, leaving that Horcrux easy to destory. Besides, hasn't Voldemort been trying to kill Harry? this is all very confusing.Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Snape good, Harry not horcrux because he would have to destroy himself before destroying Moldy Voldy.... ain't happenin'. I agree on that one though

Mist
Originally posted by Fwiw187
I totally agree with you guys... that is what i was think also.... now, is snape good or bad.. i THink good

Go find another thread for that.

But also kind of stupid because, and i really can see this, Voldemort would know that Harry would kill himself, leaving that Horcrux easy to destory. Besides, hasn't Voldemort been trying to kill Harry?

Maybe Voldemort doesnt know? He didnt know some of his powers transferred to Harry, maybe he became a Horcrux somehow?

Or maybe he does know, and Harry became a Horcrux accidentally or something, and Voldemort is trying to kill Harry to remove that Horcrux because its too dangerous to leave it inside the person whos trying to destroy you?

Saratn
Okay, so if Harry was one of the horcruxes, then was was the Dark Lord trying to kill him in the first book, the second book, the fourth, and the fifth??? Why would he kill someone that as his soul in??? I believe Snape is good, he was only acting on Dumbledore's orders. He said something like he didn't want to and Dumbledore said that he must or something like that. I don't remember clearly.

LordYomi13
well I think harry's scar is the horcrux. The fact that voldemort tried to kill him so many times is because he knew ultimately he couldn't lose. If potter beat him, he'd still have the other horcruxes. It wouldn't matter if Potter beat him. It's a win-win situation for voldemort. I think he really does know that it will ultimately come down to Harry vs Voldemort to the death, and he has the advantage. The only was that voldemort can die is if harry and ALL THE horcruxes are destroyed. Not just harry.

IceWithin
I think it's very possible... I would've never guessed myself though, great thinking LordYomi.
I really hope not though.

Mist
Originally posted by Saratn
Okay, so if Harry was one of the horcruxes, then was was the Dark Lord trying to kill him in the first book, the second book, the fourth, and the fifth??? Why would he kill someone that as his soul in??? I believe Snape is good, he was only acting on Dumbledore's orders. He said something like he didn't want to and Dumbledore said that he must or something like that. I don't remember clearly.

Perhaps it was an accident? He sure as hell didnt mean to give Harry some of his powers when he gave him the scar, maybe he also transferred his soul.

He'd try and kill Harry anyway, maybe he doesnt know Harry could be part of his soul.

Originally posted by IceWithin
I think it's very possible... I would've never guessed myself though, great thinking LordYomi.
I really hope not though.

Exactly, I think its possible but I hope not. It'd be a good twist and climax though, you gotta give it that...

It'd be worthy of comparing to the Vader/Luke scene, thats for sure..

Fwiw187
I think harry is the last horcrux and that harry will have to kill him self and nevelle will have to kill voldie...

Fwiw187
What about wormtail... Why did voldi give him to snape?

Saratn
Neville isn't the one that Voldemort marked as his equal, it was Harry. So Harry has to be the one who has to kill him, not Neville. Plus Voldemort would get weaker for each horcrux he loses, that's why Dumbledore was trying to get them. If he doesn't have any of them, then he will be able to die like any mortal person.

radarman
I posted this on another thread...what about the potential that Harry was
originally a horcrux but had to be used to bring voldy back at the end of
GoF. I mean, Harry was needed to restore voldy back to life. And there
hasn't been as big of a connection after that. Other than voldemort
trying to read Harry's thoughts.

div
maybe voldemort has put the last horcrux on somethin harry finds very dear to him like ??"Hedwig" in one of the interviews jk did say tht harry could possibly be getting a new pet ...thought she might have meant Kreacher???

DanZeke25
Harry is not a Horcrux. Here are the reasons why.

1. You have to perform a spell to make somebody/thing a horcrux.
2. The only spell Voldemort did that night is Avada Kedavra.
3. I know this because the killing curse rebounded and hit Voldemort. So he was too weak to perform any spell. Especially a tough one.
4. And he has never performed any wierd spell on Harry since he came back.

So Harry is not a horcrux.

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Harry is not a Horcrux. Here are the reasons why.

1. You have to perform a spell to make somebody/thing a horcrux.
2. The only spell Voldemort did that night is Avada Kedavra.
3. I know this because the killing curse rebounded and hit Voldemort. So he was too weak to perform any spell. Especially a tough one.
4. And he has never performed any wierd spell on Harry since he came back.

So Harry is not a horcrux. Agree.

misslilsweetie
^^ me too!!

Hermione202
Agree.

i also agree

LordYomi13
I don't agree. Where is the exact proof that Voldemort ONLY used the killing curse on Harry? If he chose Harry to be his only "competition" I know I would plant a horcrux on him. And if it's not a horcrux, just what IS the scar then? Do you know trio of fire? No one can say that Voldemort is an idiot, he is extremely smart. So smart as to put his own soul into Harry. Perhaps Harry is the first human horcrux! and the side-effects were the ability to take on some of voldemorts traits! Lightning-Struck Tower....Lightning Struck Forehead!

LordYomi13
I'm telling you

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by LordYomi13
I don't agree. Where is the exact proof that Voldemort ONLY used the killing curse on Harry? If he chose Harry to be his only "competition" I know I would plant a horcrux on him. And if it's not a horcrux, just what IS the scar then? Do you know trio of fire? No one can say that Voldemort is an idiot, he is extremely smart. So smart as to put his own soul into Harry. Perhaps Harry is the first human horcrux! and the side-effects were the ability to take on some of voldemorts traits! Lightning-Struck Tower....Lightning Struck Forehead! You got to remember that Voldemort didn't know the whole prophecy either. I'm not the one to decide what the scar is.. because, well, I can't think of anything at the moment and I will let the other two choose. (Cool Kurama sig.)

LordYomi13
Well perhaps he did. Or perhaps he took that chance and understood that his equal might one day surpass him.

LordYomi13
and you were pretty right on with the Harry and Ginny thing

NightCrawler341
Well perhaps he did. Or perhaps he took that chance and understood that his equal might one day surpass him. But would it really matter? I mean, hell, we all know that Harry would kill himself then... I think Moldy Voldy would know that too. Originally posted by LordYomi13
and you were pretty right on with the Harry and Ginny thing Followed the clues.

APIECEOFME
Spoilers perhaps!................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Ok in one of J.K Rowlings interviews posted on this site, she says that there is a horcrux that no one knows about. She says if you re-read the book you might figure it out. I was thinking, could the horcrux be harry's scar?
I'm so confused. There is a horcrux that NOBODY knows about? Can someone tell me where this interview is?

NightCrawler341
Basically the Gryffindor or Ravenclaw item... wait a minute... WHY DIDN"T ANYONE REMIND ME IT IS SUPPOSE TO BELONG TO RAVENCLAW OR GRYFFINDOR?!

APIECEOFME
Oh, so basically it was a literal thing. We don't know exactly what it is, but we know that it's from gryffindor or ravenclaw and if we reread the book we can figure it out? Is that what the deal is?

NightCrawler341
I believe so, yes.

APIECEOFME
Gotcha! Still, do you know where that interview is? I would like to read it.

NightCrawler341
Not a clue.

ElliotHogan
When were the Horcrux's made exactly? Because Voldemort made the diary one when he was at school, (before he became weak, bcoz he gave it too Malfoy). And the Goblet and the other item when he stole them.
The only opportunity he would have had to turn Harry into one would have been at the very beginning when he gave him the scar. Because Harry was not born before then. And at the point he was too weak to perform the spell and divide his soul, as trying to kill Harry drained him.
An explanation for that could be that by trying to kill him, Voldemort fulfilled the prophecy and that means the spell he thought was going to kill Harry actually made him a Horcrux. Then it could be explained that is why he was drained of all power, because he had just split his soul for about the 7th time. Also the transference of powers to Harry could be explained by Harry gaining part of Voldy's soul. The diary held Voldemort's memory to be unleashed again. So it may be understandable that part of Voldemort went into Harry, just as it did the diary.
It is all very confusing, I just can't believe we have to wait sooooooo long..

DanZeke25
I don't agree. Where is the exact proof that Voldemort ONLY used the killing curse on Harry? If he chose Harry to be his only "competition" I know I would plant a horcrux on him. And if it's not a horcrux, just what IS the scar then? Do you know trio of fire? No one can say that Voldemort is an idiot, he is extremely smart. So smart as to put his own soul into Harry. Perhaps Harry is the first human horcrux! and the side-effects were the ability to take on some of voldemorts traits! Lightning-Struck Tower....Lightning Struck Forehead!

If Voldemort put a Horcrux in Harry, Then why would he try to kill him right after he put a Horcrux in him? He couldnt have done it after because the curse rebounded and hit him. He was too weak to do it.

I'm telling you. I would bet that Harry isnt a horcrux,

Darth Macabre

Well theres actually a reasonable excuse for Voldemort trying to kill harry. Its actually pretty brilliant really, think about it. Voldemort gets killed by Harry, Harry doesnt kill himself, therefore Voldermorts still around. But, now heres the brilliant part, Voldermort kills Harry, he loses a Horcrux yes, oh well, now hes completely immortal. No one can kill him due to the prophecy. Now Voldemort rules the world. Get it?

div
does anyone remember in the book when harry and dumbledore are usin the pensiecve to revisit the memorys from voldys past ...they come to the one where voldemort returns to hogwarts for a teaching position...although im not so sure because in one of jks interviews she mentions tht theres more to the hat than what we know...i think tht the sorting hat may be a horcrux it would have been easy for voldy to put part of his soul into the hat

div
it makes a typical storyline.....the last remaining horcrux unde there noses plus if they found out they would have to destroy the hat which would have a devastating effect on hogwarts causing maximum damage all the more fun for mouldy voldy

babysooner13
Originally posted by Mist
I was thinking this also...something to do with Harry....who better to make a Horcrux into than the one who is supposedly destined to destroy you?

It'd tie together the parts with Harry sharing visions with not only Voldemort, but also Nagini (if Nagini turns out to be a Horcrux too).

I havent read that book for ages, did they ever explain why Harry had a connection with the snake?

But anyways, theres enough to put together for a valid argument having Harry as a Horcrux.

(Could the first post be edited a bit so the page isnt so wide?)

Perfect. And, if you didn't take notice, if the Horcrux really is in Harry of perhaps Harry's scar, and the last word in the book is SCAR... wink See where I'm going with this?

LordYomi13
I seriously bet that the scar is a horcrux

2Tidus!
This is stupid. It can't happen, otherwise Voldemort would be invincible, the boy who is the only one who can destroy him... Has to destroy himself before destroying Voldemort?

I gotta reread the book...

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by 2Tidus!
This is stupid. It can't happen, otherwise Voldemort would be invincible, the boy who is the only one who can destroy him... Has to destroy himself before destroying Voldemort?

I gotta reread the book...

No it could go like this, Harry destroys all of the Horcrux, except himself. Then he takes on Voldemort, kills Voldermorts body, then kills himself. Therefore taking out Voldermort because there are no more Horcruxes, therefore no more soul.

2Tidus!
We both know that Voldemort always puts his Horcrux in a possesion he is proud off, the diary which shows everybody he is the heir of Salazar Slitherin and etc...

And I don't think that the scar is a possesion to be proud off. It shows how Voldemort got ****ed up by a one year old stick out tongue.

And I also don't think that somebody could accidently make a Horcrux, it's dark magic and hard to perform a horcrux, even harder when you make a seventh piece.

LordYomi13
well then maybe your stupid hero won't win in the end!

NightCrawler341
It can't be Harry guys... I believe DD said it belongs to Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.... hasn't anyone thought of that? I think the sorting hat is a good idea, but to which did it belong to again?

APIECEOFME
The sorting hat belonged to Godric Gryffindor.

NightCrawler341
Well there we go, it belonged to Gryffindor. Voldemort could have done it while in Dumbledore's office when he came back. Maybe it is easier than thought to do it, or he has mastered it enough to do it in a nonverbal spell.

APIECEOFME
This is true...the sorting hat is a very good possibility.

NightCrawler341
Then, also, he will have to go back to Hogwarts, evade teachers and all, and try and destroy the hat... or maybe destroy the hat during the ceremony! Oh, interesting idea... *picturing it now....... gets ready for fanfic.*

2Tidus!
No, the hat can't be a Horcrux. Voldemort always makes his most prized possestions Horcruxes. And the hat would be too oblivious to everybody, it would be easy to destroy it if somebody found out...

NightCrawler341
But who would think of it?

2Tidus!
I think someone should've sensed it... But they didn't.
I think DD would've known if it's a Horcrux...

NightCrawler341
He doesn't know what the last one is, so he might not've known. But I know for sure it isn't Harry... thats just plan stupid. Everyone would think of it and try and kill Harry.... *gets pitchfork out.* HES MINE! stick out tongue

Saratn
Well first of all, the Sorting Hat is for all of the founding houses. They put the brains in the hat, not just Godric, and the Hat doesn't even belong to the Dark Lord. DD says his most prized possessions, meaning they belong to him. And I'm sure, DD has a way of checking if something was a horcrux or not.

NightCrawler341
Well Harry doens't belong to him either.

pixie05
i dont think harry is a horcux or at least his scar isnt. he only got the scar cause of the prophecy when it said voldomort would mark him as his equal, and marking him would be the scar. besides voldomort has been trying to kill harry all along that would be pretty stupid to put ur soul into somthin ur trying to kill.

APIECEOFME
Seriously people...don't you think that it is reaching a little to say that Harry is a horcrux? I don't even understand how this debate is still going on. It makes no sense. I've said it before, Harry would have to kill himself before Voldemort was able to be killed.

NightCrawler341
Also, I think Voldy got his 7 before Harry was born.

APIECEOFME
^^^I so agree.

LordYomi13
So harry would have to kill himself. and thus Voldemort rules the wizarding world. It is possible. alot of you are just refusing to believe it so you get your happy ending

DanZeke25
When book 7 comes out. Im gonna be laughing so much when you find out Harry isnt a Horcrux. Unless JK tells us before hand, which could happen.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by APIECEOFME
Seriously people...don't you think that it is reaching a little to say that Harry is a horcrux? I don't even understand how this debate is still going on. It makes no sense. I've said it before, Harry would have to kill himself before Voldemort was able to be killed.

Why would Harry need to kill himself first? After he destroys the rest of them, and kills Voldemort, Voldemort is only living by the piece of his soul inside of Harry. Now Harry is able to die (presumably) by anyone. He has someone shoot a Killing Curse at him, bam hes dead, and the part of Voldemorts souls dead.

nazgūl-lord
harry can't be a horcrux
when voldemort took control of his body he couldn't stand it coz harry had a full and pure soul
so there can't be a part of voldemort's soul in harry coz he would not stand it
or am i missing something here

DanZeke25
Yeah you guys are kinda confused on that. Harry doesnt HAVE to kill all the Horcruxes before he kills Voldemort. DUmbledore just said that it would be easier. For example, Harry kills Voldemort, but still has two Horcruxes left. It ,ight take Harry a year to find them, which gives Voldemort enough time to come back. Now say Harry is a Horcrux, and he's destroyed all the rest of the Horcruxes. He killed voldemort and then kills himself. There is no way Voldemort could come back within a matter of seconds.

But Harry isnt a Horcrux anyway.

Darth Macabre
Yeah you guys are kinda confused on that. Harry doesnt HAVE to kill all the Horcruxes before he kills Voldemort. DUmbledore just said that it would be easier. For example, Harry kills Voldemort, but still has two Horcruxes left. It ,ight take Harry a year to find them, which gives Voldemort enough time to come back. Now say Harry is a Horcrux, and he's destroyed all the rest of the Horcruxes. He killed voldemort and then kills himself. There is no way Voldemort could come back within a matter of seconds.

But Harry isnt a Horcrux anyway.

Exactly what I meant, and how I feel. Cheers Zeke

APIECEOFME
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Why would Harry need to kill himself first? After he destroys the rest of them, and kills Voldemort, Voldemort is only living by the piece of his soul inside of Harry. Now Harry is able to die (presumably) by anyone. He has someone shoot a Killing Curse at him, bam hes dead, and the part of Voldemorts souls dead.
There were 6 horcruxes out in the world. But the seventh is in Voldemort's body. In the chapter "Horcruxes", DD says "The seventh piece of soul will be the last that anybody wishing to kill Voldemort must attack--the piece that lives inside his body." This is straight from the book, that's why I say that Harry would have to kill himself before Voldemort could die.

DanZeke25
There were 6 horcruxes out in the world. But the seventh is in Voldemort's body. In the chapter "Horcruxes", DD says "The seventh piece of soul will be the last that anybody wishing to kill Voldemort must attack--the piece that lives inside his body." This is straight from the book, that's why I say that Harry would have to kill himself before Voldemort could die.

read my post.

APIECEOFME
read my post.
Where in the book does it say it would be "easier"? I just quoted the book where he says different

Darth Macabre

"Anybody wishing to kill Voldemort must attack" meaning that if you destroy all Horcruxes Voldemort would then die if you killed his body. But you kill his body first, his soul/essence still lives correct? Now you destroy the 1 Horcrux left (Harry) therefore no more soul, no more essence, no more Voldemort.

From your posts I assume you think that if Harry kills Voldemort before he destroys all Horcruxes, then destroys the last Horcrux, Voldemort would still live? See my view is if Voldemort has one Horcrux left when his body gets killed, he'll live like he did during the 13 years he had no body. Destroy that last Horcrux, then Voldemort would just get erased from existence.

DanZeke25
Where in the book does it say it would be "easier"? I just quoted the book where he says different

Remeber when the killing curse rebounded, and hit Voldemort. It killed him, but he was able to comeback because he has a Horcrux. Do you see how long it took for him to come back. Now say Harry kills Voldemort, but his spirit is still around, look ing for a Horcrux so he can 'come back'. If Harry killed himself immediatley after he killed Voldemort, tell me how Voldemort could come back.

Fwiw187
"No it could go like this, Harry destroys all of the Horcrux, except himself. Then he takes on Voldemort, kills Voldermorts body, then kills himself. Therefore taking out Voldermort because there are no more Horcruxes, therefore no more soul". - Darth macabre

this is the best theory on here about harry being a horcrux I LOVE IT and i totally agree

APIECEOFME
What I'm trying to tell you is the piece of soul inside Voldemorts body is NOT a horcrux. It is what is left of his soul after he made the horcruxes. The quote I posted tells me that Harry must destroy all the horcruxes before he can kill Voldemort (that is, the piece of soul inside him). So if Harry is a horcrux he would have to destroy himself BEFORE he destroyed Voldemort. It says that in the book. If you can find a part of the book that says otherwise, I would like to hear it, but I'm going by what the book says.

Saratn
But the Dark Lord was trying to kill him to what he thought was fulfilling the prophecy remember? So how could Harry be a horcrux, when the Dark Lord tried killing him???

APIECEOFME
But the Dark Lord was trying to kill him to what he thought was fulfilling the prophecy remember? So how could Harry be a horcrux, when the Dark Lord tried killing him???
This is a valid argument also!

DanZeke25
This aguement doesnt matter anyway. Because Harry isnt a Horcrux.

Saratn
Agreed. It would not make sense for Harry to be a Horcrux, even though it was a good theory

APIECEOFME
LOL I was thinking you thought he was!!!

Saratn
well yeah i was, until i saw what he said, then part of me chose that Zeke had a fair point too, which made more sense

APIECEOFME
LOL ok, so does anyone have any ideas to what the real missing horcrux is?

Saratn
like Dumbledore said, could be from Ravenclaw or Griffindor. Griffindor I doubt, for the item of Griffindor was in Dumbledore's office.

APIECEOFME
That is true. Dumbledore did say that. So it will probably be something of Ravenclaw's, and judging by the other books it is safe to assume it is something that we have heard of. I can't think of anything in any of the books that we know belonged to her though.

Saratn
me neither. They haven't really talked about Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw as much.

hotsauce6548
Here is a theory that I have posted before on Harry being a Horcrux:

I have a question...

Why would Voldemort make Harry a Horcrux? Obviously, the answer would be: Harry would have to kill himself, therefore making it impossible to kill Voldemort, unless they somehow died at the same time. This, however, wouldn't make sense. Harry would have to kill himself, and then the part of the soul in Voldemort would have to be killed.

Now, again, why would Voldemort make Harry a horcrux? Making Harry a Horcrux would mean two things:

1) Voldemort would not be able to kill Harry. This is totally contradicting what Voldemort set out to do, i.e. kill Harry.

and

2) Harry would not be able to kill Voldemort. Now, this is all good for Voldie, and would make sense, but when would he be able to turn Harry into a horcrux? Obviously, it wasn't the night when he tried to kill Harry, because why would he kill Harry if he had made him a horcrux? And, also obviously, it wasn't after he attacked Harry, for he had already 'died' and become a 'spirit.'

So, in turn, making Harry a horcrux would prove to hinder Voldemort--albeit, as well as Harry--and also prove to be impossible, as I said...

UNLESS!

Unless... do you remember when Voldemort regained his body? Wormtail drew blood from Harry. Could this have made Harry a horcrux? It is possible, but once again improbable. Soon after Voldemort regains his body, he duels with Harry, obviously hoping to kill him. Why would he do this? He would be making an unneccessary move, i.e. destroying a part of his soul when killing Harry.

There is one more thing that prevents me to believe that Harry is a horcrux. Throughout the books, Voldemort has tried--on numerous occasions--to kill Harry.

In the first book as Quirrel.

In the second book with the Basilisk.

In the fourth book by dueling with him.

And in the fifth book, by once again dueling with him. (If you call him sending death curses at Harry, who didn't do much back, a duel.)

Killing Harry would destroy the part of Voldie's soul within him, if Harry was a Horcrux. If this was the case, why would Voldemort constantly be trying to kill Harry?

There, I rest my case... for Today. My head hurts.

Saratn
To add on, Harry wouldn't be a horcrux. The Dark Lord thought he was fulfilling a prophecy when he went out to kill Harry, but he didn't he the rest of it.

Darth Macabre
I think the last Horcrux is Tom Riddles award for service to the school. After all he liked "TROPHIES" did he not? I think when Dumbledore told Harry that, it was a hint from JKR. Oh well I might be wrong. Just my opinion.

But to answer Hotsauce. Voldemort thinks the only one who can stop him is Harry, correct? After all thats the part of the prophecy he heard, that Harry has the power to vanquish the Dark Lord. By making Harry a Horcrux, unless Harry kills himself, Voldemort could potentially never die. Like I said before, Harry fights Voldemort, and kills the dark lord. Due to Harry being a Horcrux, Voldemort still lives. Now the other spectrum is Harry loses and dies to Voldemort. Harry being the one who had the power to vanquish Voldemort is now dead. Voldemort is now potentially immortal since no one else has the power to vanquish him. Correct? anyways Cheers to a good debate, lol and I really dont believe Harry is a Horcrux just like viewing other peoples opinions.

Unicor777
this is all good. But how and when did Tom made Harry horcrux? He never had a chanse to do it. and every time when they met he tried to kill Harry. Why would he try to kill his Horcrux? It doesn't make a sence. He might however, try or had tried to make someone of Harry's close friend a Horcrux, thus ensuring that Potter will not be able to destroy the Horcrux, because of the stupid thing of Love, as the Dark Lord pleases to say.

Clovie
It can't be Harry guys... I believe DD said it belongs to Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.... hasn't anyone thought of that? I think the sorting hat is a good idea, but to which did it belong to again? ermm.....
Dumbledore said if i remember correctly that there is only one thing that used to belong to Griffindor..and that would be a sword confused so Hat it isn't confusedOriginally posted by Saratn
Well first of all, the Sorting Hat is for all of the founding houses. They put the brains in the hat, not just Godric, and the Hat doesn't even belong to the Dark Lord. DD says his most prized possessions, meaning they belong to him. And I'm sure, DD has a way of checking if something was a horcrux or not. oh..yeah..exactly..

and...i know it might be stupid..
but when voldy attacted harry back then first time..
the curse backfired..
so he was as if dead...
don't you think that he had to use one of the horcruxes to come back? as if there is only 6 of them? (one in voldy, 2 destroyed, and one with RAB)

APIECEOFME
I think the last Horcrux is Tom Riddles award for service to the school. After all he liked "TROPHIES" did he not? I think when Dumbledore told Harry that, it was a hint from JKR. Oh well I might be wrong. Just my opinion.

I like the trophy theory! Had had completely forgotten about that! Well done!

O0oKk
The trophy thing is a really good Idea but If Harry Really was the Horcrux it would be truly ingenious. And When Harry found out he would know he would HAVE to die to make sure Voldemort couldn't come back out of him and then Kill himself because he's obessed with ridding the world of Voldemort. Think about it. It's truly ingenious! Because by hindering himself he would berid himself of his greatest threat! Very very smart...

Clovie
I like the trophy theory! Had had completely forgotten about that! Well done! that makes sense ..
(wodner how did i miss that post)

Saratn
Good idea! But wouldn't that be one of the places Dumbledore would look. He wouldn't want the Dark Lord to come back into Hogwarts, where the students are, and the Dark Lord wouldn't want the Horcrux so close to Dumbledore.

Darth Macabre
Well you know how the saying goes.

"The greatest spot to hide something, its right infront of their eyes."

Saratn
which i always seem to forget...

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by Clovie
ermm.....
Dumbledore said if i remember correctly that there is only one thing that used to belong to Griffindor..and that would be a sword confused so Hat it isn't confused oh..yeah..exactly..

and...i know it might be stupid..
but when voldy attacted harry back then first time..
the curse backfired..
so he was as if dead...
don't you think that he had to use one of the horcruxes to come back? as if there is only 6 of them? (one in voldy, 2 destroyed, and one with RAB) That hat was Gryffindors.Originally posted by Darth Macabre

But to answer Hotsauce. Voldemort thinks the only one who can stop him is Harry, correct? After all thats the part of the prophecy he heard, that Harry has the power to vanquish the Dark Lord. By making Harry a Horcrux, unless Harry kills himself, Voldemort could potentially never die. Like I said before, Harry fights Voldemort, and kills the dark lord. Due to Harry being a Horcrux, Voldemort still lives. Now the other spectrum is Harry loses and dies to Voldemort. Harry being the one who had the power to vanquish Voldemort is now dead. Voldemort is now potentially immortal since no one else has the power to vanquish him. Correct? anyways Cheers to a good debate, lol and I really dont believe Harry is a Horcrux just like viewing other peoples opinions. Sounds good.

Saratn
the hat was all four founders, they all made the hat.

Darth Macabre
the hat was all four founders, they all made the hat.

The hat was originally Gryffindor's. It was bewitched by all four founders to be the sorting hat though.

Saratn
what book did they say the hat belonged to Godric, i don't remember.

Darth Macabre
what book did they say the hat belonged to Godric, i don't remember.

Goblet of Fire. Page 177, american edition.

"Twas Gryffindor who found the way, He whipped me off his head
THe founders put some brains in me, SO i could choose instead!"

Saratn
oh...i really didn't pay attention to the Sorting Hat's song...

Darth Macabre
Yeah neither did I, but I was re reading Goblet last week. Oh well cheers.

Clovie
That hat was Gryffindors. but so was sword.
and Dumbledore said that there was ONE thing

CrazyOcelot
Maybe its Neville.

I sincerely doubt it though

NightCrawler341
but so was sword.
and Dumbledore said that there was ONE thing It doesn't matter what DD said. The hat belonged to Gryffindor either way, giving it as much possibility of being the Horcrux as anything else.

Clovie
It doesn't matter what DD said. The hat belonged to Gryffindor either way, giving it as much possibility of being the Horcrux as anything else. blink but in the book universe it matters what DD said messed

and i don't see your point here to be exact.
the sorting hat has too much of brains inside it..i think it would be noticeable if there was an extra part of Voldy's soul messed

NightCrawler341
Well, haven't you noticed all the warning lately in the songs? Maybe, just maybe, I may be just throwing this out here, the part of Voldemort in him is telling him what is going on with Voldemort. And yes, people have noticed. Also, when was the last time it gave warnings, when Voldemort was terrorizing the world before and while Harry was born till the incident.

Clovie
bag i never really read those parts with Hat's song carefully bag

but what you've said had a point..though don't you think that someone has checked it if it didn't have any extra magic inside? confused

~Sir Mist~
Does it specifically have had to belong to Godric himself?

Wait for it.....Harry belongs to Griffindoreek!

Not in the literal sense, but since he is in the House, he 'belongs' to Griffindor...

Why wouldn't JKR have told us what the last Horcrux was then, if it wasn't some exciting twist or something. Dumbledore didnt know what the hell the last one was, how would Harry find it without Dumbledore?

Unless Voldemort knows already that he is a Horcrux and maybe lets it slip during a duel or something...something like 'If you kill me now, I'll still have the last part inside you' etc etc...and Harry finds out then..

Or alternatively, if Harry wasnt a Horcrux, if I was Voldemort I'd tell him that he was stick out tongue Plant some doubt in Harry's mind..make him think he has to kill himself when he doesnt actually need to, that would be funny stick out tongue

Everyone here keeps saying "Voldemort wouldnt make him a Horcrux' etc etc.....what if it happened by accident? If I did it by accident, I'd be thinking 'Shit, better erase that mistake' and try and kill off Harry too.

I cant remember who said it on the last few pages, but I agree....everyone expects the book to be a happy ending and 'oh no Harry cant die because he's the hero' etc etc...its not a fairy tale people. Sirius died, Dumbledore died...the heroes dont always survive.

APIECEOFME
Are we back on the Harry being a horcrux again? Oh my, I don't think I can take much more. eek!

Clovie
no. we are thinking if sorting hat canbe one.

Hermione202
Harry ? A Horcruz ? i don't think so .

APIECEOFME
no. we are thinking if sorting hat canbe one.
Yes I think that could be, Nightcrawler and I were discussing it and the hat did indeed come from Gryffindore. So It's a possibility.

Clovie
but don't you think that if it really was one someone would knew?

Sectumsempra
mmmmm first of all can someone fill me in on the other horcruxes ( Slytherins necklace, Hufflepuffs cup, Marvolos ring) what else is there , other than ur attempts to guess the last one,(harrys scar? doubt it, would make the book seem stupid) the sorting hat? Possibly...

Clovie
1. diary
2. ring
3. slytherin's locket
4. hufflepuff's cup
5. one part in the Voldy's soul

i forgot blink

Sectumsempra
ahh ya the book thing...

Clovie
..6 .possibly snake eek!

Sectumsempra
nagini or watever.... dumbledore said that it could have been something of griffindors or ravenclaws too... i think its the hat... unless ravenclaw had a gold toilet bowl or somthing...

Sectumsempra
i personally thought the hats songs were a little odd/ evil

Clovie
i didn't like the hat's songs..but they weren't evil they were giving clues confused

gold toilet bowl? laughing out loud why that?

on the other hand if it is to be something mentioned inthe book...dunno.. someone should re-read it stick out tongue

Sectumsempra
the toilet thing is just my personality acting up i tend to throw out random things... cuz i have no idea what ravenclaw had..

Clovie
oh laughing out loud

i have no idea either.it's not mentioned anywhere in the book (or i missed it)

DanZeke25
Okay..
1. How the hell can you accidently make a horcrux?
and 2. No i dont think its gonna be 'everybody lives happy ever after' but i sure as hell know that Harry isnt a horcrux. I really hope JK tellls us that hes not in one of her fact polls or something.

Fwiw187
I think harry is a horcrux only because harry have to get ride of all the horcrux except himself and voldie and will to "kill" the real voldie and then kill himself.... that would make for a great reason why harry can't live

Darth Macabre
Why would JKR not have us know the last Horcrux unless its a twist at the end?

That is honestly the only thing keeping me from discarding Harry as a horcrux completely. Like I said before though, I think its Tom Riddles service to the school award.

Clovie
Why would JKR not have us know the last Horcrux unless its a twist at the end?

That is honestly the only thing keeping me from discarding Harry as a horcrux completely. Like I said before though, I think its Tom Riddles service to the school award. what is the award exactly? maybe it's something that used to belong to ravenclaw...

2Tidus!
Dunno, prefect badge or something... I think Tom Riddle was a prefect...

Lets mainly think about one thing, what is left from Voldemort's family, or anyone who's still alive and was a branch of his family...

Clovie
he was a prefect. (it was mentioned lotsa times)

and as far as i know they're all dead.

on the wizard's side of the family..
it is said that they were the only inherits (?) of slytherin...
and since merpe (or whatever, the mummy) is dead
and so it marvolo and that his unkel... no one left on this side..

on the muggle side..
he killed his father, and grandparents..and there is no info about any other ppl there.

~Sir Mist~
Okay..
1. How the hell can you accidently make a horcrux?
and 2. No i dont think its gonna be 'everybody lives happy ever after' but i sure as hell know that Harry isnt a horcrux. I really hope JK tellls us that hes not in one of her fact polls or something.

1. The same way you accidently f*ck yourself up trying to use a death curse and have it rebound at you.

2. You sure as hell know? The only way you could sure as hell know, is if it came from JKR's mouth or was written by her. Since she hasnt done either, you sure as hell dont know anything erm

NightCrawler341
JKR said reread the book and you will find out what the missing horcrux is.

Hermione202
JKR said reread the book and you will find out what the missing horcrux is.

Wow , that was a help .

i still don't know . JK is very tricky .

NightCrawler341
Or is she..... dun dun DUN!!!!

Hermione202
Or is she..... dun dun DUN!!!!

laughing out loud laughing out loud

huh? what that supposed to mean?

NightCrawler341
Who knows?... dun dun DUN!!!!

Hermione202
You can be quite crazy sometimes , you know that?

NightCrawler341
Or am I?... dun dun DUN!!!!

Hermione202
yes you are .

Saberstylemasta
Is he...Dun dun DUNNNN

NightCrawler341
He stole it from me..... get your own stuff!

Saberstylemasta
He stole it from me..... get your own stuff!

I have my own stuff, it just doesn't work well typed....

NightCrawler341
Whatever. I still think its the sorting hat.

Director_Joe
The Hat could be one... (I posted that theory somewhere but I can't find it) But how would Riddle (Voldemort) have made it a Horcrux if it's always in Dumbledore's office??? As for the Sword... it had been inside the hat (most likely put there by Griffindor himself) and Voldemort would have never seen it before.

We need to think... Did Dumbledore ever hint at an item that Voldemort had with him that seemed out of place? As if it weren't his?

DanZeke25
Originally posted by ~Sir Mist~
1. The same way you accidently f*ck yourself up trying to use a death curse and have it rebound at you.

2. You sure as hell know? The only way you could sure as hell know, is if it came from JKR's mouth or was written by her. Since she hasnt done either, you sure as hell dont know anything erm

alright fine, i dont know for sure... But I would bet a lot that he isnt a Horcrux.

And i still dont see how you can accidently make someone a Horcrux. You need to use a spell. What did the words accidently slip out of his mouth? no...

and i didnt mean to offend.. sorry if i did

Clovie
JKR said reread the book and you will find out what the missing horcrux is. can't someone re-read it?
one of those ppl who need just feel hours for that...eyes

Originally posted by Director_Joe
The Hat could be one... (I posted that theory somewhere but I can't find it) But how would Riddle (Voldemort) have made it a Horcrux if it's always in Dumbledore's office??? As for the Sword... it had been inside the hat (most likely put there by Griffindor himself) and Voldemort would have never seen it before.

We need to think... Did Dumbledore ever hint at an item that Voldemort had with him that seemed out of place? As if it weren't his? a lot....jo-jo?(yo-yo whatever messed)

DanZeke25
Well she actully said that she would bet that one of the careful HBP re-readers would guess correctly in the next week. And she said that a week ago.

Clovie
exactly.
and someone should re-read it and tell everyone big grin

DanZeke25
but she said a careful rereader, and im not a careful reader.. so i wouldnt

daniels_baby_15
I don't think Harry is a horcrux. In HBP, Dumbledore says that when Voldemort went to kill harry and his parents, he intended to use their deaths to make another horcrux. So even if harry was one, he would have to kill himself before he could kill Voldemort, which wouldn't work because then who would kill Voldemort? Since Harry's destined to do it himself. And in response to radarman, Voldemort didn't NEED Harry's blood, he just figured that if they had the same blood in them, than he would be able to possess Harry and touch him without feeling any pain.

div
it could be the hat because riddle was once in dumbledores office , when he applied for a teaching staff ...dumbledore said to harry tht his image had already changed an he seemed weaker which showed tht voldemort had already split his soul atleast once....riddle could have made the hat a horcrux while he was waiting for dumbledore ...making the horcrux a hat may have been the real reason why riddle returned an not in actual fact to ask for a teaching position

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>