Battle of the Pop Princess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fallen Jedi
yes, everyone knows who they are and as much as many of us would like to deny it, we've all sang along to their catchy songs, and one time or another, we idolized them.

they are the trend setters and the headline makers. we watched them grow up in the public eye, for better or worse, everything from britney's school girl debut, the rumors of breast implants, her relationship with justin timberlake, the marriage scandals and baby news...

...to jessica simpson's romance rumors tied to nick lichey, their wedding, their hit TV reality series 'the newlyweds' with those unforgettable moments such as the 'is this chicken or fish?' remark, and those rumors of marriage troubles and infidelity...

...to christina aguilera's 'geanie in a bottle' days, the rumors of a christina/britney rivaly, christina wining the grammy over britney, the very eye-opening and controversial 'dirrty' video, and christina's outrageous, over-the-top do's and don't of fashion...

so, the real question is, who is the reigning queen of the pop industry? is all about the music, the fashion, or the headlines and scandals?

jnr hiphop
I don't really like any of them, but I like Britney Spears the best out of them.

Britrogue
Britney!! Happy Dance

*Georgina_A*
I don't like any of them, but I think Britney wins. I mean, I was a big fan of Britney when she first came out and was for ages (thank goodness it's over now messed) and I really didn't like Christina because I thought she was just trying to be Britney erm

Britrogue
yeah, who do you think looks more comfortable in this pic? get over it Chrissy, you suck.

botankus
Yeah, that pic pretty much says it all. I'd pick Britney - as much as I think her music resembles the sound my garbage disposal makes - ANY DAY of the week of that twig Chrissy.

Britrogue
Don't you be dissing my Brit in public Botankus! stick out tongue

Darth Nauj
I used to be such a fan of britney when she came out. Even though she doesnt sing good shes a great dancer and entertains well
I like christina know because of her stripped cd and plus shes a good singer and know writes her own music.
I also like Jessica and her singing but Im not a fan. So head up to Christina thumb up

botankus
Originally posted by Darth Nauj
I like christina know because of her stripped cd and plus shes a good singer and know writes her own music.

Well, congrats to Christina for writing music that I could duplicate by bumping my elbow against a Casio keyboard.

So she doesn't write the lyrics? After reading these lyrics to "Dirrrty," I feel that they are definately too sophisticated for her.

Darth Nauj
Hey if You dont like her thats fine but beautiful is a great song stick out tongue

botankus
Hey, so was "99 Luftballoons" but that doesn't mean Nena was talented.

(Psst! Britrogue! How am I doing? wink)

Darth Nauj
If your trying to get some attention from your little friend who cares. Britney is trailer park trash who doesn't have any talent except for dancing and lip syncing and Christina doesn't.

Britrogue
You're doing great!

Although, I must confess, Beautiful was a lovely song. I also quite liked Dirrty and Fighter. Other than that, Xtina should be shot.

botankus
If your trying to get some attention from your little friend who cares. Britney is trailer park trash who doesn't have any talent except for dancing and lip syncing and Christina doesn't.

Actually, the only attention I seem to be getting that sucks is from the 56,302nd person on KMC to have the word "Darth" in their username.

Darth Nauj
And Your Point being?!?

Britrogue

"Little Friend"????? Up yours! Until I've said or done something to offend you directly, I'd appreciate it if you kept your personal comments to yourself.
And while we're on the subject, nice to know that there's another person out there blinded by the media's latest interpretation of Britney. Trailer trash huh? I take it you've seen the video for Dirrty?

botankus
Britrogue, how do you like the (very cheaply done) sig??

botankus
And Your Point being?!?

My point is that there are so many clones who have the word "Darth" in their username that they have no identity and all blend in with each other. It's pretty easy to the difference between alot of KMC members, and frankly I couldn't tell you the difference between Darth Nauj, Darth Maul, Darth Mutt, and Darth Dogsh*t.

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by Britrogue
"Little Friend"????? Up yours! Until I've said or done something to offend you directly, I'd appreciate it if you kept your personal comments to yourself.
And while we're on the subject, nice to know that there's another person out there blinded by the media's latest interpretation of Britney. Trailer trash huh? I take it you've seen the video for Dirrty?
well Im not offending you in any way but its really quite sad that your such a big fan of hers and you know a lot of celebrity's are a holes and don't really care much about there fan base. Yes I am a fan of Christina I like her music and have the cds but buying posters, articles, magazines about them is quite sad and pathetic. Yes britney has turned into trash because she married a lazy A$$ husband who doesn't have a job and plus shes from Louisiana can I say more...

Fëanor
i voted for xtina!!! why? i dunno huh

although britney's video where she's in a schoolgir uniform trolloping down the hallway has never left my mind confused

go jessica!!!eek!

Linkalicious
Christina and Britney are nasty.

Jessica is an idiot.

whirlysplat
I'd let either of them have their way with me. If Britney's trailer park trash, show me the trailer park as part Gypsy myself it sounds like a really good place to bebig grin

Britrogue
Originally posted by botankus
Britrogue, how do you like the (very cheaply done) sig??

I'm lovin it! Couldn't you have found a better Brit pic tho?

botankus
No, that's the one I wanted to use. smile It was either that or the pregnant one that wasn't her to begin with! Look, the important part is the "No Xtina" message I'm trying to spread.

Britrogue
well Im not offending you in any way but its really quite sad that your such a big fan of hers and you know a lot of celebrity's are a holes and don't really care much about there fan base. Yes I am a fan of Christina I like her music and have the cds but buying posters, articles, magazines about them is quite sad and pathetic. Yes britney has turned into trash because she married a lazy A$$ husband who doesn't have a job and plus shes from Louisiana can I say more...

At what point have I confessed to buying posters, articles or magazines? For one thing, I kind of outgrew posters about ten years ago. I'm sure I could make some choice comments about yourself, but since I know they would not be based on fact (as yours certainly aren't) then I won't bother.
I'm sure the residents of Louisiana are also going to be quite taken with your rather racist comment about them too........................

Britrogue
No, that's the one I wanted to use. smile It was either that or the pregnant one that wasn't her to begin with! Look, the important part is the "No Xtina" message I'm trying to spread.

Ok, you're forgiven wink

botankus
Lousiana is a great state. I would go to New Orleans in a heartbeat over New York, and I've been to each place at least four times.

Darth Nauj
At what point have I confessed to buying posters, articles or magazines? For one thing, I kind of outgrew posters about ten years ago. I'm sure I could make some choice comments about yourself, but since I know they would not be based on fact (as yours certainly aren't) then I won't bother.
I'm sure the residents of Louisiana are also going to be quite taken with your rather racist comment about them too........................
Im not being racist those states over there are.

botankus
Im not being racist those states over there are.

Not sure exactly what this means, especially when you're considering a state that's 1/3rd black. Maybe you're saying they are all racist of each other? Again, not sure.

I went to Louisiana every single November from 1993 until 2000. The people there are great. They know how to have a good time and I've never had any problems with the locals. I've even been to a party at Tulane, which has some great students.

The city of New Orleans could be a little cleaner and with less crime off of the main roads - those are really my only complaints.

Who knows? While i was there I may have seen Britney getting some beads from up on the balconies in the French Quarter! eek!

Fëanor
Not sure exactly what this means, especially when you're considering a state that's 1/3rd black. Maybe you're saying they are all racist of each other? Again, not sure.

I went to Louisiana every single November from 1993 until 2000. The people there are great. They know how to have a good time and I've never had any problems with the locals. I've even been to a party at Tulane, which has some great students.

The city of New Orleans could be a little cleaner and with less crime off of the main roads - those are really my only complaints.

Who knows? While i was there I may have seen Britney getting some beads from up on the balconies in the French Quarter! eek! now that would be worth seeing eek!

Morning_Glory
I hate all 3 of those people on the poll puke

Fallen Jedi
as far as talent goes, christina is in the lead. she has such a beautiful voice, but why she insists on screaming through most of her songs, i don't know. she writes her own lyrics so there's another pointer.

britney is a performer. though she may not be able to sing, she does manage to have a certain quality about her that makes people pay attention.

and jessica? yeah, she's a bit of a ditz, but she comes off as very likable.

Britrogue
Britney writes her own lyrics these days as well. One of the reasons she fell out with Jive was because they weren't giving her enough freedom to release her own songs. I think the first one she actually got to release was Everytime. But she's written loads.

botankus
I've already covered the assessment on lyric-writing on page one of this thread.

Britrogue
Yeah, but that was for Christina.

botankus
Whoever said that Christina was in the lead forgot to look at the poll. Britney's lambasting her, leading 9-2.

Britrogue
Is this a surprise?

botankus
Well, we know Feanor voted for Chrissy and I'm pretty sure there were 2 additional Aguiler-ites (I'm not calling Feanor an Aguiler-ite by any means - no insults from this end) that had infected this thread, so I'm not quite sure how she only got 2 votes.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I hate all 3 of those people on the poll puke

But you know you wouldstick out tongue

xLiNdS x 622x
i like christina the best...she has the best voice...then jessica...but britney would win the "pop princess" title erm

Fallen Jedi
Whoever said that Christina was in the lead forgot to look at the poll. Britney's lambasting her, leading 9-2.

i never said christina was in the lead. confused what i said was the she has the best singing voice of all the three.

Britrogue
Now I would agree with that, but I do not find her in the slightest bit entertaining. Britney's Dream Within A Dream tour was fabulous.

botankus
Well I said 'whoever said she was in the lead.' That doesn't imply anyone specifically.

I take my accusations of lying seriously, here.

Britrogue
Britney's still winning!

botankus
And Aguiler-ites are still whining!

Britrogue
Great sig! eek! How did you get a picture of me? evil face

botankus
See, the guy on the left is a stud (literally!), so his pictures are all over the Internet.

Britrogue
I see! Actually, she looks a little like Alicia Silverstone.

botankus
I was wondering what had happened to her!

Darth Nauj
Now I would agree with that, but I do not find her in the slightest bit entertaining. Britney's Dream Within A Dream tour was fabulous.
Yes I agree in this one It was a great tour

LiveAndLetDie
I don`t like any of them, but I use to love Britney. So I choose her smile
I like her songs best anyways

Rob Owns You
I dont like any of them...

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Rob Owns You
I dont like any of them...

I still would with any of them and so would you big grin

Jackie Malfoy
I dislike either of them.JM

a1hsauce
Christina!!!! shes the only one that can actually sing yes

alcoholicpoet
*cough*musicforum*cough*

Court Radcliffe
I like all of them but Britney wins in my book.

Alpha Centauri
Well, it SHOULD be all about the music.

In Pop, it's not.

In this case, the winner is Christina. Why? Coz she can A) Sing and B) Isn't a complete idiot.

I'm going with the one who, when old and grey, would still have a decent shot at making music. Britney won't, coz she's talentless. Jessica might, because she's got that voice that anyone with training at singer school could get in time. Christina actually has a technically great singing voice.

I always failed to get this analogy that Christina is a whore based on a dirty video she did (which was just provocative dancing) for a song, called Dirrty, once. Don't quite see how that makes her a literal whore.

Then, I'm logical.

-AC

whirlysplat
I still fancy all three, I would never buy any of their records but they can all sit on my face anytimebig grinOriginally posted by Alpha Centauri

In Pop, it's not.

In this case, the winner is Christina. Why? Coz she can A) Sing and B) Isn't a complete idiot.

I'm going with the one who, when old and grey, would still have a decent shot at making music. Britney won't, coz she's talentless. Jessica might, because she's got that voice that anyone with training at singer school could get in time. Christina actually has a technically great singing voice.

I always failed to get this analogy that Christina is a whore based on a dirty video she did (which was just provocative dancing) for a song, called Dirrty, once. Don't quite see how that makes her a literal whore.

Then, I'm logical.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
If you leave this thread thinking "AC wouldn't have sex with them", you will be very wrong.

Although I find it hard to be sexually attracted to idiots. So Jessica might not get it, Britney might. However she's talentless and just so frustrating. Christina actually has talent enough, at least technically in her voice. When she looks her best, I can safely say I'd put her through the odd wall.

-AC

whirlysplat
Fair enough, although I love dim girls, I guess its due to my superioty complex and the lack of threat intellectually they present.smile So Jessica might well get it first, as for Christina and Britney, hubba, hubbabig grin That aside even if I have liked any songs they have done confused I haven't embarrasment really, I would never admit to itsmileOriginally posted by Alpha Centauri
If you leave this thread thinking "AC wouldn't have sex with them", you will be very wrong.

Although I find it hard to be sexually attracted to idiots. So Jessica might not get it, Britney might. However she's talentless and just so frustrating. Christina actually has talent enough, at least technically in her voice. When she looks her best, I can safely say I'd put her through the odd wall.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I don't give a shit really.

Nothing I like is to be ashamed of. Can't say I've liked any of her songs to the point that I'd buy her albums.

-AC

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't give a shit really.

Nothing I like is to be ashamed of. Can't say I've liked any of her songs to the point that I'd buy her albums.

-AC

I haven't bought anything of theirs smile As you imply though, if any of them did something I liked enough I would buy itsmile Although I suspect we can agree this is unlikely.

alcoholicpoet
Jessica's the hottest, and she does acne commercials, so she gets my vote.

Syren
Christina Aguilera. No doubt about it.

Britney may have been the original teeny bopper Brit Pop Princess but she lost her crown as soon as XTina appeared. Xtina can sing, extremely well, she can dance like she was born to do it and she's a hell of a lot finer by far.

Brit is just old news, no talent left in her, actually, no talent to begin with roll eyes (sarcastic) The only damn reason Brit ever became as famous as she is, is because she was the first. The first to flash her attributes, the first to 'I'm Still A Virgin' her way to the top and the first to flutter her underage eyelashes at the teenage dreamers on the other side of the camera.

You can't argue with talent and XTina's got bucketloads... for those of you who think she's nothig but a filthy hoe, I'll finish up by quoting the Queen herself.

"If being independent, powerful and secure in myself makes me a 5lut, then all you haters go right ahead. Call me a f*cking 5lut!"

eyes

Syren
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

In Pop, it's not.

Then, I'm logical.

-AC

And this is just awesome... ask me again why I quoted him in my profile biography? love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.