idiot or a stupid what is the difference???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abdulkkadir
if you fall in love with a girl/////////
is it important that being an idiot or a stiupid for your honey?? can you tell me the difference

G.P
The two words have more or less a Latin origin ; using the Latin words can help us understand the basic difference.

stupid first means "disconcerted, speechless because you have been struck by some piece of news, an event..., stunned". It refers to a person that stands still and doesn't react to a particular event.
By extension, you could even say that stupid refers to a person who is rapturous or into ecstasies (not the drug stick out tongue) when looking at someone or something (but this meaning doesn't really exist in English)
That's why a second meaning of the word is a not very intelligent person

idiot has two original Latin meaning :
- Ignorant, that doesn't know anything about a particular subject, or just have a general idea about it ( nothing more).
- Particular, special, specific. This is the meaning you can find nowadays in the words 'idiom' (ie a phrase that is specific to one language) and 'idiosyncrasy' (=peculiarity). That second meaning is no longer connected to the word idiot in English (and very very rarely in French)

To conclude with, when you fall in love with a person, you could say you are stupid (as a state of being), meaning you are stunned, speechless. But be careful, for people could not understand you wink

Hope that helps.

Bardock42
Ok I will show you the major difference:

You are an "idiot" and this is "a stupid" Thread.....no just kidding what G.P. said....furthermore how is that a Philosophical Problem?

RavenSDL
i think stupid is lacking knowledge and idiot is where you act like that for a short space of time ?

lilmisskitten
I agree with RAven SDL she seem right thats what i thought it was as well

Oiram62205

s|m
Originally posted by abdulkkadir
if you fall in love with a girl/////////
is it important that being an idiot or a stiupid for your honey?? can you tell me the difference

What do you mean being an idiot for your honey What the f**k??

G.P
Originally posted by s|m
What do you mean being an idiot for your honey What the f**k??

Learn Turkish. Then give some advice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.